1-800 CONTACTS

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS in March 2011.

Interview Details If you are considered you will go through a phone interview, then an online assessment. If you pass both you will be called in for a face to face interview. Then they offer the job after a couple of days. Once you are offered the position, you go through a four week training. The training is easy but they give three tests and if you don't pass them you get the boot.

Interview Question – They are all behavior based questions. It's best to look up star testing questions and think of at least 10 specific stories for the interview. They look for answers that follow the star format.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non

Draper, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS in January 2009.

Interview Details You first begin by emailing them your resume. They then send you this long questionnaire that you have to fill out which is really just the application. If they like your answers then you get a phone interview that you schedule with them.

Both the phone interview and questionnaire ask a lot of questions about your past experience They want to know about your work history, attendance, customer service, challenges, etc...typical things that employers want to know about, but they're really big on examples. Many of the questions begin with "give an example..."

I can not say that I was too impressed with the phone interview. The girl interviewing me was not very personable nor was she very easy to communicate with. She actually got kind of snooty with me a few times. I did not get to the person to person interview, but I probably would have turned the offer down after that experience. It just seems like any other company that views their entry level employees as dispensable.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you faced a company policy that you were unhappy with, and what did you do to cope with that obstacle?   Answer Question
  • "If we call your past employer what can you expect them to tell us about your attendance?"   Answer Question

Draper, UT (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS in October 2010.

Interview Details They have you fill out a long questionnaire, and then schedule a phone interview based on those answers. The guy they have doing the phone interviews is terrible. He was horrible at clarifying things and had no personality. I think they have a very narrow idea of who they will hire, and if you don't fit into that box then you are out.

Interview Question – How many unplanned absences from work do you think are acceptable?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for 1-800 CONTACTS? Contribute to the Community!

1-800 CONTACTS – Why Work for Us?

As the world's largest contact lens store®, 1-800 CONTACTS is dedicated to providing you with a simple, hassle-free way to replace your contact lenses. At 1-800 CONTACTS, you will receive the exact same contact lenses… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 1-800 CONTACTS Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by 1-800 CONTACTS employees and interview candidates.