3M

204 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Engineering Graduate Interview

Manufacturing Engineering Graduate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Found the graduate scheme on Gradcracker and applied online by sending CV and Cover Letter and also answering questions such as why 3M?
Then i had to complete verbal reasoning and numerical tests.

Was emailed a few weeks later to confirm a telephone interview. Telephone interview was 30 minutes long and was competency based (they usually tell you what competencies you will assessed on).
The interview started of with questions such as: where did you hear about the role? what course are you studying and why? which university and why? why do you want to work for 3M and why this specific role?..and then moved on to the competency questions.

Interview Question – Asking about why i went to the university i went to was unexpected.   Answer Question

SBD Program Interview

SBD Program
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details 1st round interview : two business cases
2nd round interview: about 6 short business cases
Final round with the Regional VP

Interview Question – One hour phone interview.   Answer Question

Marketing IP Role Interview

Marketing IP Role

I applied online and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Applied online, had a telephone interview then assessment centre at Bracknell. The day we well organised and very relaxed. Really enjoyed it, seems like a great place to work. Their hiring process seems somewhat flawed with only 2/6 of those who attended getting a job offer, even though i think at least 4/6 were very qualified.

Intern Interview

Intern
Bracknell, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in January 2010.

Interview Details Two face to face interview with two IT managers, not an interview where you are grilled about what you know but rather they want to find out about you and visa versa. Sound like an interesting place to work with some great facilities open to people that do work there i.e. gym, football pitch, squash courts

Other aspects of the interview includes a group excerise four of us had a problem, we had to come to a conclusion and then present our answers to the four people watching us and there was also a tour of the facilities.

Interview Question – Why do you want work for 3M?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Its a good company with a good work ethic + they are not all work and no play!

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at 3M in May 2014.

Interview Details After a great phone interview with the hiring manager, the HR manager called and left a message asking me to give them some dates when I may be available for an in-person interview. Within hours I replied with my availability. Days went by - weeks - months - and no call back. For a week or so I continued to give them updates on my availability. I even emailed the hiring manager. Neither was professional enough to even send an email saying "we've moved on to other candidates" or "sorry, our hiring process has been delayed, please hang tight and we'll contact you ASAP". I expected more professionalism from 3M.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult challenge you've faced in your career and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Just a one on one hour long interview. Interviewers were very friendly. I thought it was very easy. I got the interview through my college and it was very easy.

Interview Question – All were very standard questions.   Answer Question

Engineer, O2 Program Interview

Engineer, O2 Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at 3M in October 2013.

Interview Details Interview was pretty standard. Behavioral questions, where do you see yourself in the future, etc. The interviewer was a pretty standard engineer-type person with a Ph.D. and focused a lot on the fact that people build life-long careers at the company (i.e. many stay for 30+ years there). He also focused a lot on describing the company culture.

Interview Question – You really should pursue grad school - why aren't you?   View Answer

Technical Aide Interview

Technical Aide
Maplewood, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in June 2014.

Interview Details I got an email asking if I was still interested in the position and I called as soon as I saw it and set up an interview date. My interview started at 1pm the next day. The guy I will be working under got me from the lobby and right away the interview started. He really didn't ask me any questions but gave me a tour of the machines and I met some people I will be working under too. He told me there was another interview the next day and he'll choose between me and that person. The next day about 4pm he left me a voice mail saying I got the job if I was still interested. I said yes of course. It took forever for the hiring process to complete. I got the job June 26th and I start July 21st.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked any interview question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Technical Sales Consultant Interview

Technical Sales Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in July 2012.

Interview Details Advertisement in major newspaper in Kenya, shortlisting by HR Manager in charge of Sub-Sahara based in 3M South Africa - thus assures unbiased shortlisting based on job fit, Panel Interview with 2 senior managers based in Kenya - 1 a local and the other an expatriate with experience in other places of the world, then background check by HR as well as an intergrity assesment on the potential employee

Interview Question – How do you sell a premium product that is more expensive than other products found in the market?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very discouraging - was initially offered a salary that was less than what I earned. I rejected the offer and asked what I felt I deserved. The HR Manager then made a counter offer which I accepted.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Contacted by hiring manager via phone who conducted phone interview. Then in-person interview at the location I was working at. Then more in-person interviews at the corp HQ with upper level management.

Interview Question – Questions are behavioral interview type, and structured where everyone is given an interview sheet to ask questions from.   Answer Question

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!