3M

208 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Engineering Graduate Interview

Manufacturing Engineering Graduate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Found the graduate scheme on Gradcracker and applied online by sending CV and Cover Letter and also answering questions such as why 3M?
Then i had to complete verbal reasoning and numerical tests.

Was emailed a few weeks later to confirm a telephone interview. Telephone interview was 30 minutes long and was competency based (they usually tell you what competencies you will assessed on).
The interview started of with questions such as: where did you hear about the role? what course are you studying and why? which university and why? why do you want to work for 3M and why this specific role?..and then moved on to the competency questions.

Interview Question – Asking about why i went to the university i went to was unexpected.   Answer Question

SBD Program Interview

SBD Program
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details 1st round interview : two business cases
2nd round interview: about 6 short business cases
Final round with the Regional VP

Interview Question – One hour phone interview.   Answer Question

Marketing IP Role Interview

Marketing IP Role

I applied online and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Applied online, had a telephone interview then assessment centre at Bracknell. The day we well organised and very relaxed. Really enjoyed it, seems like a great place to work. Their hiring process seems somewhat flawed with only 2/6 of those who attended getting a job offer, even though i think at least 4/6 were very qualified.

Intern Interview

Intern
Bracknell, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M in January 2010.

Interview Details Two face to face interview with two IT managers, not an interview where you are grilled about what you know but rather they want to find out about you and visa versa. Sound like an interesting place to work with some great facilities open to people that do work there i.e. gym, football pitch, squash courts

Other aspects of the interview includes a group excerise four of us had a problem, we had to come to a conclusion and then present our answers to the four people watching us and there was also a tour of the facilities.

Interview Question – Why do you want work for 3M?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Its a good company with a good work ethic + they are not all work and no play!

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details There were 2 interviews. The first was more generic and assess individual strength and weaknesses, expectations, aspirations etc. The second was to pitch a marketing strategy of a specific product.

Very Easy Interview

R&D Interview

R&D

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at 3M in November 2013.

Interview Details Initial communication through a campus recruiter around late November, however, the contact was after the only round of campus interviews in early fall. I had a brief telephone interview over the phone and was quickly offered the position.

The R&D intern pool guarantees you a placement, but you don't actually get a job assignment until later ( Jan - Mar) when the hiring managers contact you to gauge your interest in the various intern positions.

Interview Question – no technical questions at my interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate intern pay, their intern salaries are scaled based on number of previous internships and degree level (bachelors, masters, PhD)

3m Frontline Interview

3m Frontline

I applied through college or university and interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Conversation with program head and school specific recruiter, mostly conversational. Talked about interests and career goals to determine fit with the open 3m positions. Not too difficult an interview. 3m is a big company and there are many opportunities, so if you talk about what you are truly interested in, chances are this is something in 3m that fits those interests. Be yourself and be friendly and enthusiastic.

Interview Question – What do you like to do outside of school/work?   Answer Question

Server Administrator Interview

Server Administrator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M in April 2012.

Interview Details First interview by phone ( I am with a temp agency) with the hiring manager. The second interview was two weeks later with the team members I would be working with. They questioned me about our field of technology, process and documentation ability\willingness. They informed me I received the job because of my personality rather than my technology experience. ( They said some other candidates freaked them out).

Interview Question – Questions about corporate culture. Basically scenario's about how one deals with other co-workers or adversarial customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A - Was locked into wage negotiated by contracting company that hired me.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at 3M in May 2014.

Interview Details After a great phone interview with the hiring manager, the HR manager called and left a message asking me to give them some dates when I may be available for an in-person interview. Within hours I replied with my availability. Days went by - weeks - months - and no call back. For a week or so I continued to give them updates on my availability. I even emailed the hiring manager. Neither was professional enough to even send an email saying "we've moved on to other candidates" or "sorry, our hiring process has been delayed, please hang tight and we'll contact you ASAP". I expected more professionalism from 3M.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult challenge you've faced in your career and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Just a one on one hour long interview. Interviewers were very friendly. I thought it was very easy. I got the interview through my college and it was very easy.

Interview Question – All were very standard questions.   Answer Question

Worked for 3M? Contribute to the Community!