3M

Average Difficulty
202 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategic Business Development (SBD) Interview

Strategic Business Development (SBD)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details They gave a great tour of the campus and of the city - it was quite well done. First, we had an intro session the night before with cocktails, which included a "2-minute" intro about yourself with one slide. Next day, breakfast, tour of campus (which is great), 3 separate interviews 1) Leadership, 2) Marketing, 3) Case - each an hour long; followed up by a tour of Minneapolis. They do a good job of giving you an overview of the city (cities) - something a lot of other companies do not do.

Interview Question – It's 10,000 B.C. and you just discovered fire. How would you sell it to your village?   Answer Question

O2 Interview

O2
Columbia, MO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at 3M in October 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted through on-campus recruiting and then I emailed my application (cover letter and resume). immediately I set up a phone interview and then one week later scheduled an on-campus interview. 3M had a travel agent contact me and take care of all of the arrangments. I interviewed with seven other candidates and did group questions and individual interviews (3 rounds for about 30 minutes each). It was a pretty easy morning and not too many difficult questions. The plant tour was a bit dull.

Interview Question – Where do you see youself in 5 years, walk me through your resume, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Ultimately it was not what I was looking for in a career.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M in May 2010.

Interview Details 3 rounds panel interview were conducted, each round two persons to ask your experiences, what will you do for this position, your best practice, your weekness.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are common, without special question.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Behavioral interviews,

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at 3M

Interview Details Interview process involved one face to face interview for this internship. The interview was largely casual conversations regarding skills and attributes.

Interview Question – Why did you choose science degree with expectation to enter sales field   Answer Question

Senior Research Engineer Interview

Senior Research Engineer
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details Had a 60 min on-campus interview in September, a 30 min phone interview in October, and a day long on-site interview in November. Whole process took less than 2 months from initial contact to offer. Full day interview consisted of an hour seminar followed by 7 30 min individual interviews, lunch, and a site tour.

Interview Question – If I contacted your current supervisor, what would they say your biggest weakness was?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted a position that is closer to my family.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at 3M in November 2013.

Interview Details The process is fast paced and was done through a rapid recruiting event. Potential candidates were interviewed by the interested hiring managers and several senior scientists, other managers and by the Director. One has to also give a highly technical talk which was followed by a Q&A session. Overall, I found the experience to be very pleasant and was made to feel very welcoming.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

O2 Program Interview

O2 Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M in November 2013.

Interview Details One fly-out interview broken into three segments, two behavioral interviews and one tour. Very straight forward and traditional. 90% "Tell us about a time..." questions. One major idea that we kept on touching on was time management and tools for productivity. Most everyone was very "engineering-esque" if that makes sense. All were welcoming and amicable. Can't complain.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you made the wrong choice, and what did you do about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was told by multiple others that 3M does not negotiate on entry-level positions so I didn't try.

Researcher Interview

Researcher

Interviewed at 3M

Interview Details On site series of interviews, with a job talk, done at the same time as a larger group of potential new employees. Very pleasant, positive environment, not hostile or competitive. People seemed to really enjoy working there, and there was a lot of longevity/mobility within the company. Would highly recommend interviewing here to someone interested in scientific research in the twin cities area.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Product Development Scientist Interview

Product Development Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at 3M.

Interview Details I was called in for a Rapid Recruiting Event. The event was planned for 3 days. There were interviews, company tours, dinners with managers and other employees. The interview part consisted of a 45 minute presentation and 45 minute interviews with each team member. The interviews had behavioral type questions in a casual atmosphere. Nothing unexpected or challenging.

Interview Question – What do you consider as your most significant achievement?   Answer Question