Aéropostale Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated 1 Apr 2015

2.6

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

In store interview with assistant or manager then you will come in for a
One on one interview with manager! If the manager is impressed then you will have a
One on one interview with district manager.
The process took about a month if that!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Know you Aero history and just relax! I thought my interview with my DM was a lot more relaxing than with the store manager!

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale (Vacaville, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Was called to apply and then interviewed with SM. She passed me on to DM. Was supposed to interview on a Friday but they got the days mixed up so I waited a week after that. She liked me told me they would do a background check then I start. However a week later I receive a text from the SM saying im not a good fit now. Took a month.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

There are 2 interviews- one with the store manager and one with the district manager. Definitely wear walking shoes, as it is not your typical interview. You are asked to point out improvements to other stores display windows (they need to clean the windows, tuck the tags, they have a display light, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where the visual direction did not fit your store and you had to make changes.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you make a connection with your customers   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because it was already a significant raise from my job at the time.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

I met with the District Manager for one interview. We met at the mall and talked for about an hour, while she asked the usual work experience questions. It was a laid back interview in terms of the environment of where we met and that I didn't feel the need to wear a business suit, but the questions were serious like, "tell me about your retail experience, tell me about a time you had to reprimand someone, tell me about your strengths and weaknesses as a manager," etc. They also asked if I had any questions and they were informative with their answers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job? Why retail?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation to be done. I was offered what I was getting at my previous job, but salaries are based on which store you will be located at and how much experience you have.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

This was an extremely drawn out process. I showed up for my first interview and was told the SM who was supposed to interview wasn't in that day. The DM called me and rescheduled. I had two interviews before they offered me the job, but both were very strange. I wasn't asked any "typical" interview questions. In both interviews, they just asked me if I had any questions for them. I ended up accepting another offer, and when I called the DM to let her know she was extremely rude. It further assured me that I had made the right choice in choosing another company to work for.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer from another company, and throughout the interview process the people I talked to were rude.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale (Minot, ND (US)).

Interview

Interview was pretty easy, On the hiring part regarding to salary they are not clear about that, you need to have them clarify regarding the salary and bonuses because it's not what they offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Internal hire, very easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes or no

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2013.

Interview

I put my best foot forward and went there letting them know who i am and what i have done. I remained humble and grateful for the opportunity. I made sure ibasked questions i would be unsure of and pressed on topics that seemed beneficial for the role.

Interview Questions

• There wasbno question asked that was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very smooth...pleased and satisfaction

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Went well, was asked typical questions about the company considering this was an interviewfor a promotion

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I considered to be fashionable and can merchandise... after I answered, the DMIT (now the DM) laughed in my face in front of the SM and the current DM. Extremely uncomfortable and unprofessional.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The SM and the older DM loved me, so my promotion was not based on his shallow opinion of me. I was told I got the promotion, told the pay raise, and that was it

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Westlake, OH (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

I saw a job opening on the local mall website and immediately brought my resume in.
    When they called me for an interview, they told me to dress casual and how I would dress if I got the job...ie jeans. The interview went well then they scheduled me for a second interview with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you resolved a conflict with a co worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.