Aéropostale

Updated 15 Nov 2014
Updated 15 Nov 2014

2.1

Role Model Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was recruited off the floor while shopping and had a really quick interview. I was asked to come back the next week for an interview which ended up being just to be checking to make sure I had all the right ID and papers and to schedule my training

Interview Questions
    • Put together an outfit for:
      -a concert
      -a football game
      -a date
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2014.

SUPER FRIENDLY. Feels like you're talking to a close friend but keeping it professional. The interview is really simple and they are very detailed about the job requirements and they give you a brief overview of your duties.

Interview Questions
    • Working around your schedule. They need committed people   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale in October 2014.

Went in store and filled out my application there. (Wednesday) The next day I got a call for an interview.(Thursday).. my interview was Sunday at 1! The interview was in the stock/staff room. One on one. Basic personality questions. Tell me a little bit about yourself, biggest strength, weakness, who are you a role model to, who is your role model..

Interview Questions
    • When she asked me a weakness I was planning to say "I don't have much experience in retail, but am a quick learner" But she asked "what would your teachers say your biggest weakness in the classroom was?"   View Answer
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale.

asked for an application filled it out and got a call within a week. scheduled a group interview. me and 3 other girls were being interviewed. Was asked to sell by outfit to them and asked to put an outfit together from the store.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in September 2014.

Before the interview, make you sure you research who Aero uses for their ambassadors. This changes from year to year. Come to the interview very styled in current fashion trends, business attire isn't acceptable.

Interview Questions
    • Before the interview, visit an Aero store near you. You want to be able to talk about the shopping experience and compare it to their competition. Plus be knowledgeable about coaching and your leadership style.   Answer Question
    Trying to negotiate for more money.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Aéropostale.

It was a group interview with about 7 other people, everyone was high school aged. They asked 1 question and each person had to go around in a circle and answer the question. So if you're the last person, someone could easily say the answer you were planning on saying. It was pretty easy going, I think they were just trying to scope out if you could get along well with other people and that you have a good personality.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

They made me jump through hoops just to get an interview. I had to recruit 12 people to go to the upcoming even and even after that and promising me an interview the following Monday they didn't call to schedule the interview until I called them. Then they scheduled the interview a month later and during the interview told me that they had just hired a bunch of new people with in the month so they weren't hiring.

The interview itself was decent. They asked me a lot of questions like like the norm (ways to describe yourself, greatest weakness, what is customer service- good and bad). But also a few caught me off guard.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Typical retail hiring. District manager was not very good. Regional manager was great. They expected me to know what was the trend in the fashion at that time. I was not into fashion so I couldn't tell them. They expected me to know what volume the store was making and I had no clue.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about trends in Aeropostale sales and what I was going to do to help them succeed.   View Answer
    They offered $29,000. I countered with $31,000. Settled on $30,000

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

There are 2 interviews- one with the store manager and one with the district manager. Definitely wear walking shoes, as it is not your typical interview. You are asked to point out improvements to other stores display windows (they need to clean the windows, tuck the tags, they have a display light, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where the visual direction did not fit your store and you had to make changes.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you make a connection with your customers   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because it was already a significant raise from my job at the time.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

I went into aero one day to see if they were hiring and the lady asked how old I was and I said "16" and she said yeah here's an application but first I'm going to let you read the policy of how you're supposed to dress if you were to work here. So I agreed and then I turned in my application about a week later and so happened I turned it to the manager and then she asked me some questions like "what are some words your friends would describe you?" "Any extracurricular activities?" Etc and she said I'd have a group interview in 2 weeks. And to bring 2 letters of recommendation. So now I'm waiting to go into my first interview (: