Aéropostale

Average Difficulty
168 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

Interview Details I went into aero one day to see if they were hiring and the lady asked how old I was and I said "16" and she said yeah here's an application but first I'm going to let you read the policy of how you're supposed to dress if you were to work here. So I agreed and then I turned in my application about a week later and so happened I turned it to the manager and then she asked me some questions like "what are some words your friends would describe you?" "Any extracurricular activities?" Etc and she said I'd have a group interview in 2 weeks. And to bring 2 letters of recommendation. So now I'm waiting to go into my first interview (:

Interview Question – I didn't have any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Ambassador Interview

Sales Associate/Ambassador

I interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2012.

Interview Details I met the manager in the store and talked with her while receiving my application. I passed it in a few days later, but had to call a few times before getting an interview. For the interview I was asked to dress as if I was working a shift there, so in Aero dress code, which of course, I didn't know yet. I was taken into the back room, and asked a few basic retail questions before I filled out my hiring paperwork a few days later.

Interview Question – What would you do if a teen and mother were arguing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I received minimum wage. I was 16, and this was my first job.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

Interview Details The process took 6 months as I applied for the summer but got hired for the winter. Got a phone call to come in for a group interview in the stock room. Four of us stood around with the manager. She asked easy questions about ourselves and anyone could jump in and answer. Then we were asked to go to the sales floor, pick an outfit and explain why you chose it. At the end the manager asked if we had any questions for her.

Interview Question – What does integrity mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be prepared with thoughtful answers and don't be shy; speak up first and show confidence and leadership. Smile, pay extra attention and be prepared to ask questions at the end. Stick around last, shake hands and thank the interviewer.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

Interview Details I went into the store (dressed business casual) and asked one of the assistant managers for a job application. I filled it out outside of the store and when I came back to give it to her, she asked me a couple questions about my style, what I think of Aeropostale, ect. She scheduled me for a group interview the following week. During the interview, I was with four other girls, the store manager asked us about our values, our previous customer service experiences, and what we would do in certain situations. Then we went back to the store and the manager tested us all on putting together an outfit, as well as interacting with customers in the store. I was called later that night and offered a position.

Interview Question – What does "compassion, integrity, respect, and teamwork" mean to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, especially if you have minimal experience and/or have applied for a starter position. Take it or leave it.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Typical retail hiring. District manager was not very good. Regional manager was great. They expected me to know what was the trend in the fashion at that time. I was not into fashion so I couldn't tell them. They expected me to know what volume the store was making and I had no clue.

Interview Question – Asked about trends in Aeropostale sales and what I was going to do to help them succeed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered $29,000. I countered with $31,000. Settled on $30,000

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details I met with the District Manager for one interview. We met at the mall and talked for about an hour, while she asked the usual work experience questions. It was a laid back interview in terms of the environment of where we met and that I didn't feel the need to wear a business suit, but the questions were serious like, "tell me about your retail experience, tell me about a time you had to reprimand someone, tell me about your strengths and weaknesses as a manager," etc. They also asked if I had any questions and they were informative with their answers.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current job? Why retail?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation to be done. I was offered what I was getting at my previous job, but salaries are based on which store you will be located at and how much experience you have.

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details I was told to come as casual as i wanted to the interview. The interview itself was extremely laid back and it seemed as if i was talking to a couple of my friends. About half of the management team sat in on the interview as well as myself and a couple of other potentials.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult questions, it was all straight forward for the most part.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2013.

Interview Details It was an hour long interview. Questions can be hard if you are new to retail. It is easy if you already have experience. Questions are pretty normal and easy to answer. The manager was really nice to me

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

Interview Details Got a callback for an in-person interview about a week after I applied. The interview was with a small group of about four other applicants, right in the store. It was very laid-back, and the questions were easy. I made the mistake of wearing my nose ring to the interview (they don't allow facial piercings), but I made sure to explain that I'd be willing to take it out for the job.

Interview Question – How would you describe yourself?   View Answer

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

Interview Details You have to go like 3 times to fill out paperwork go during back to school or thanksgiving that's when they hire more people and you're on trial when you start off make sure you size and if you want to stand out do your on calls (call and ask if they need you)

Interview Questions

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!