Aéropostale Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

They made me jump through hoops just to get an interview. I had to recruit 12 people to go to the upcoming even and even after that and promising me an interview the following Monday they didn't call to schedule the interview until I called them. Then they scheduled the interview a month later and during the interview told me that they had just hired a bunch of new people with in the month so they weren't hiring.

The interview itself was decent. They asked me a lot of questions like like the norm (ways to describe yourself, greatest weakness, what is customer service- good and bad). But also a few caught me off guard.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

Typical retail hiring. District manager was not very good. Regional manager was great. They expected me to know what was the trend in the fashion at that time. I was not into fashion so I couldn't tell them. They expected me to know what volume the store was making and I had no clue.

Interview Questions

• Asked about trends in Aeropostale sales and what I was going to do to help them succeed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered $29,000. I countered with $31,000. Settled on $30,000

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (New York, NY (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

There are 2 interviews- one with the store manager and one with the district manager. Definitely wear walking shoes, as it is not your typical interview. You are asked to point out improvements to other stores display windows (they need to clean the windows, tuck the tags, they have a display light, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where the visual direction did not fit your store and you had to make changes.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you make a connection with your customers   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because it was already a significant raise from my job at the time.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale in August 2014.

Interview

I went into aero one day to see if they were hiring and the lady asked how old I was and I said "16" and she said yeah here's an application but first I'm going to let you read the policy of how you're supposed to dress if you were to work here. So I agreed and then I turned in my application about a week later and so happened I turned it to the manager and then she asked me some questions like "what are some words your friends would describe you?" "Any extracurricular activities?" Etc and she said I'd have a group interview in 2 weeks. And to bring 2 letters of recommendation. So now I'm waiting to go into my first interview (:

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

I met with the District Manager for one interview. We met at the mall and talked for about an hour, while she asked the usual work experience questions. It was a laid back interview in terms of the environment of where we met and that I didn't feel the need to wear a business suit, but the questions were serious like, "tell me about your retail experience, tell me about a time you had to reprimand someone, tell me about your strengths and weaknesses as a manager," etc. They also asked if I had any questions and they were informative with their answers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job? Why retail?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation to be done. I was offered what I was getting at my previous job, but salaries are based on which store you will be located at and how much experience you have.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I was told to come as casual as i wanted to the interview. The interview itself was extremely laid back and it seemed as if i was talking to a couple of my friends. About half of the management team sat in on the interview as well as myself and a couple of other potentials.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions, it was all straight forward for the most part.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale in July 2014.

Interview

I was promoted internally to Store Manager (started as a sales associate and worked my way up, company is committed to promoting from within). When moving into management it was required to interview with the district and regional manager. Promotion to store manager requires interview with an additional district manager, and another interview with the regional manager. Discussion includes past performance, your interpretation of company strategy, best practices for management, and allows you to ask questions about the position and how to be successful.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to make Aero the place that the teen customer will want to shop?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Called by immediate supervisor (district manager) with job offer, and salary offer. I pushed back for more money, and the supervisor had to ask his boss for approval. Then I got a call back to say that my request had been approved, and I accepted the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, got an interview and was hired on the spot. Very basic questions with a very nice and easy-going manager. Orientation followed a week after.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview

This was an extremely drawn out process. I showed up for my first interview and was told the SM who was supposed to interview wasn't in that day. The DM called me and rescheduled. I had two interviews before they offered me the job, but both were very strange. I wasn't asked any "typical" interview questions. In both interviews, they just asked me if I had any questions for them. I ended up accepting another offer, and when I called the DM to let her know she was extremely rude. It further assured me that I had made the right choice in choosing another company to work for.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer from another company, and throughout the interview process the people I talked to were rude.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aéropostale (Niles, OH (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process at Aeropostale was very simple and easy. I applied in store and then 3 days later was asked to come in and go through the interview process. I was told to wear something I thought Represented Aeropostale. The interview was with 6 additional people so it was a little strange but it worked out in the end because I was the most enthusiastic and answered all of the questions. I was then contacted 2 days latter with the Job. I would describe working for aeropostale as Fun, energetic, and all together a great atmosphere to work in .

Interview Questions

• If you were a season what season would you be and why?   Answer Question