Aéropostale

161 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in July 2012.

Interview Details The interview was very straightforward. It was a group interview, and the managers asked very simple questions about what we would do in certain situations or our previous experience working as part of a team, and we would go around the circle answering the questions. I wasn't told it was a group interview before hand, but it wasn't difficult.

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details It was a group interview, which I was very surprised about. But overall it was a relaxed interview. They did take a while to actually bring me up to the interviewing area, like they had forgotten about me. Hiring was pretty straight forward and they give you good training once you were hired.

Interview Question – I wasn't prepared to answer which celebrity I think was the Aéropostale style. But now I think I wouldn't have a problem with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2012.

Interview Details applied for the job online, was contacted within a week. Another week later, I was sitting in my interview with the S.M. of the store i worked at. She liked me and even said she wanted me for the position, but it still took another 2 weeks for a job offer, but at the time my DM didn't have her stuff together.

Interview Question – can't remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated on salary, make sure you factor in your commute and what it will cost you in the long run and make sure you're covered on what you need.

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2010.

Interview Details Spoke with a store manager and filled out the application in store. The next day I was contacted to come in for an interview. I was instructed to wear the clothing that I would wear to work that fit the look of their brand. I wore an aeropostale hoodie layered with a plaid button up, blue jeans, and a pair of chucks. The interview was very chill and was held with the store manager. We discussed what the position's outlook and answered some behavior based questions. Since I was studying Fashion in school, we discussed that a bit as well.

I came to the interview with a copy of my resume, two letters of recommendation, and my questions for the manager.

I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I didn't have prior retail experience the most they could offer me was $7.50.

Very Easy Interview

Langley, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2010.

Interview Details 1 interview. Casual. To the point , about 20 minutes. Was told to wear jeans and dress like you already worked there. Discussed my resume and previous employers.

Interview Question – Name something you struggle with   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate
Didn't know what I made until first pay day, a little awkward not knowing

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2012.

Interview Details It was a group interview involving myself and three others. The manager at the time, April, said we were the first group/interactive interview she was trying and to bear with her. She asked us pretty basic questions about why we wanted/needed a job, our accomplishments in school and our goals in life. Our whole interview was conducted on the sales floor during operating hours so it was a bit nerve-wracking but it all went okay. We role played with each other taking turns playing customer and employee and then she tested us by telling us to pick any folded item in the store and then refolding it exactly how it was before. I found that by being in a group interview, I often spoke up, answered questions first, and volunteered for everything which may have come off as obnoxious to the others but the manager loved it and in the end we were all hired on the spot, granted I was the only one still working there from my group after only a few short weeks.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Just questions about ourselves that even if you weren't positive on how to answer, you could just make something up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was nothing to be negotiated. After the interview we were all hired on the spot, told we would receive minimum wage, and that the our we received were all based on how well we worked and if we deserved them.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details I was literally hired the day of my interview and rushed into training. The interviewing DM asked questions for about 10 minutes and then said something to effect of "Well, we need someone ASAP and you're it." That should have been a warning signal.

Interview Question – The questions were incredibly easy, and most were directed towards when I could start and what my salary requirements were versus my actual abilities and experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Assistant Merchandiser

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details The interview was relatively easy more of a conversation than an interview and I received an offer the next day

Role Model Interview

Role Model

Interviewed at Aéropostale

Interview Details The interview process takes place in a group interview. The group can range from as little as 2 to 6 people. My interview group had about 5 people. Being in a group definitely takes the nerves away, but you do have to work harder to stand out in the group.
Before the interview, you must fill out some paper work so it helps to show up at least 15 minutes early. Next, everyone in the group introduces themselves and some brief questions are asked by the manager. It helps to always be the first one to answer. The interview got a lot more exciting as you actually get tested on different tasks you'd have to take part in if hired as a Role Model- fold clothes, help at the fitting rooms, and build outfits.
Overall, as long as you dress the part, are very enthusiastic, and try your best at the tasks at hand, the job will be yours.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details Group interview... got a call a week later to attend orientation

Interview Question – Fun fact about yourself... prepare something unique and interesting   Answer Question