Aéropostale

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aéropostale in September 2010.

Interview Details Spoke with a store manager and filled out the application in store. The next day I was contacted to come in for an interview. I was instructed to wear the clothing that I would wear to work that fit the look of their brand. I wore an aeropostale hoodie layered with a plaid button up, blue jeans, and a pair of chucks. The interview was very chill and was held with the store manager. We discussed what the position's outlook and answered some behavior based questions. Since I was studying Fashion in school, we discussed that a bit as well.

I came to the interview with a copy of my resume, two letters of recommendation, and my questions for the manager.

I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I didn't have prior retail experience the most they could offer me was $7.50.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

Interview Details I applied online and was called for an interview some time later. I had heard good things about Aero, so I decided to look into it. I interviewed with the DM and then the Regional , both were face to face. I felt very comfortable and had a good feeling. After a few days, an offer was made and I asked for more money. I did get more, but not the full amount. I gave a start date and have been there since.

Interview Question – How do you motivate people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just a few back and forth phone calls. If you play too many cards, you will lose.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aéropostale interview questions and advice in Pittsburgh, PA. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Aéropostale employees and interview candidates.