Aéropostale Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014

1.9

96 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

This is a pretty laid-back, casual interview. Don't even sweat it. Just wear what you would consider trendy and stylish at the time (jeans and such are ok). What they did with me is they had my interview with a group of people. They would go around and have us introduce ourselves and ask us questions about our styles and what we think current trends are and such. Every question was pretty much about clothes and there was also one question on why we wanted to work there. Then they also had us create outfits for the opposite gender based off what we could find in the store. For example, if you were a boy, you would create an outfit for a girl and vice versa. If they think your outfit is stylish, then you're good. I've never really seen anyone not get hired once they reached the interview stage at Aero, so you really have nothing to worry about unless you say something ridiculous when you answer the questions or can't match clothing colors.

Interview Questions
  • There really won't be any ridiculously difficult questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aéropostale

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Aéropostale.

It was a group interview with about 7 other people, everyone was high school aged. They asked 1 question and each person had to go around in a circle and answer the question. So if you're the last person, someone could easily say the answer you were planning on saying. It was pretty easy going, I think they were just trying to scope out if you could get along well with other people and that you have a good personality.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale.

They made me jump through hoops just to get an interview. I had to recruit 12 people to go to the upcoming even and even after that and promising me an interview the following Monday they didn't call to schedule the interview until I called them. Then they scheduled the interview a month later and during the interview told me that they had just hired a bunch of new people with in the month so they weren't hiring.

The interview itself was decent. They asked me a lot of questions like like the norm (ways to describe yourself, greatest weakness, what is customer service- good and bad). But also a few caught me off guard.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Aéropostale in October 2012.

The process took 6 months as I applied for the summer but got hired for the winter. Got a phone call to come in for a group interview in the stock room. Four of us stood around with the manager. She asked easy questions about ourselves and anyone could jump in and answer. Then we were asked to go to the sales floor, pick an outfit and explain why you chose it. At the end the manager asked if we had any questions for her.

Interview Questions
    Be prepared with thoughtful answers and don't be shy; speak up first and show confidence and leadership. Smile, pay extra attention and be prepared to ask questions at the end. Stick around last, shake hands and thank the interviewer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2014.

I went into the store (dressed business casual) and asked one of the assistant managers for a job application. I filled it out outside of the store and when I came back to give it to her, she asked me a couple questions about my style, what I think of Aeropostale, ect. She scheduled me for a group interview the following week. During the interview, I was with four other girls, the store manager asked us about our values, our previous customer service experiences, and what we would do in certain situations. Then we went back to the store and the manager tested us all on putting together an outfit, as well as interacting with customers in the store. I was called later that night and offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • What does "compassion, integrity, respect, and teamwork" mean to you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, especially if you have minimal experience and/or have applied for a starter position. Take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aéropostale in June 2013.

Got a callback for an in-person interview about a week after I applied. The interview was with a small group of about four other applicants, right in the store. It was very laid-back, and the questions were easy. I made the mistake of wearing my nose ring to the interview (they don't allow facial piercings), but I made sure to explain that I'd be willing to take it out for the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in November 2013.

You have to go like 3 times to fill out paperwork go during back to school or thanksgiving that's when they hire more people and you're on trial when you start off make sure you size and if you want to stand out do your on calls (call and ask if they need you)

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Aéropostale.

I was referred by a friend, got an interview and was hired on the spot. Very basic questions with a very nice and easy-going manager. Orientation followed a week after.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Aéropostale in February 2014.

Easy, really. I brought in my application and the manager gave me a little interview on the spot then hired me on the spot! She was really nice and she made it really chill and easy for me to talk to her. The questions were super easy, something you probably would hear at all retail stores you get interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there was no difficult or unexpected questions. Every typical question you get asked at retail stores like how to help customers, how to greet, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aéropostale in August 2013.

The interview for Areo was simple, we met at the store and went to the food court for the interview. There was about 5 other applicants. The questions were basic, asking about why we wanted to work there and what we thought of their style..

Interview Questions

Worked for Aéropostale? Contribute to the Community!