ABB Group

Updated 10 Dec 2014

Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

4 rounds interview if you count psychometric test, the AC was tough in a way with technical interview and presentation

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group in November 2012.

Poor communication and co-ordination of the interview process, seemed very disorganised, had to chase for interview details on two occasions!

Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group in January 2012.

Phone, f2f and offer and i was not too happy with the package as it was lower to the other company i was offered Process flow.
    This is a very easy interiew as it was massive hiring they had

Easy interview

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ABB Group in February 2009.

Interview is more of a technical nature and questions are from the previous experience .Always question more about the role they offer as title may not seem to match with the role.

Associate Scientist Power Electronics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ABB Group in December 2014.

applied through campus, first resume based shortlisting giving importance to the project or thesis
    then technical and HR interview at campus. in technical interview they will ask about project in depth
    then they will check knowledge of basics of electrical engineering ,FACTS HVDC etc it will be a lengthier interview which lasts for 1.5 -2 hrs if they are interested, this will be followed by a brief HR round

Interview Questions
    • tell me about your self considering your technical background (unexpected)   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

Interview was of 2 rounds .. Technical and HR. Technical round was taken by the hiring mgr and ask questions related to SQL ,Java and went for 40 min . After few weeks had next round with the recruiter and mostly behavioral questions were asked. Later they asked me to fill few documents and offer was released .

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

Telephonic Conversation abt prev projects and technical. Challenging project in the past.
    Technical questions on technology. Willingness to join. diff between HLD and LLD. Limitations of embedded world. Most interesting project of the past.

Bus Development Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

Short and sweet. Panel type process with manager, vp operations and hr. Over in <2hours. It helped that I had insiders that helped to recruit me so I am sure they were briefed on my background.

Interview Questions
    • describe the technology of what I would be selling thought I had not been pre briefed.   Answer Question
    one sided

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ABB Group.

It involved the normal process after job application. A interview call / information was received after a period of 03 weeks. Interview was telephonic and selection communication was received a week later. Compensation negotiation and offer processing took couple of weeks more. The interview process was facilitated from Dubai.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ABB Group.

Straight forward, questions about PMBOK and ABB PM Framework.
    1) What is the framework?
    2) what is the most important in a project?
    3) How would you, solve this.. that...
    4) How you handle this and that in the past?
    5) Quetions, questions, questions... to survey your knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most important aspects of a project, only PMBOK is not enough, we need to think about SAFETY which is very, very important to ABB.   Answer Question
    If was quick, 1 month.