ADP

650 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Scheme Interview

Graduate Scheme

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in April 2014.

Interview Details I have been contacted roughly after a week I submitted my application form for scheduling a telephone interview. The interview was pretty simple with questions such as what are you studying, what are the other applications you have done, why ADP, what are your skills for the job and some competency based questions. The lady on the phone was really nice. They invited me at the Assessment Centre after a couple of weeks. Baseci structure of assessment centre: group work and presentation, writing exam, face-to-face interview with competency based questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you and your suggestion were ignored by everyone around you. How did you cope with that situation?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at ADP in September 2009.

Interview Details Very long interview process, beginning with a screening process involving a number of individuals of different backgrounds and experiences. This was followed by a one to one session where more industry specfic questions were posed and culminating in a panel session where I was asked to consider both an exam style question then present a project plan around the role I was interviewing for

Interview Question – Given the market you will be selling into how would you segment this market and what techniques would you use to succesfully profile the accounts and close business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very good

ADP Totalsource District Manager Interview

ADP Totalsource District Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in June 2011.

Interview Details A phone interview with a ADP recruiter then a phone interview with management team. This whole process took about 2 weeks after that I was invited to come and do a ride along with a DM for the day and was given a sales scenario that I was to role play and close the DM on..

Interview Question – No real difficult questions.. The Sales Scenario is some what detailed in what they are looking for.. It does pay to practice ahead of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They really do not negotiate. The on board process takes some time.. If you have the smallest thing like a speeding ticket from a year ago they will want explanation and proof that this has been cleared..

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Roseland, NJ (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details After two phone interviews, I was invited to a face-to-face interview with three team members and hiring manager, one by one. None of the question was technical, if anything behavioral. However, almost at the end of the interview, the manager asked whether "you are married, is wife was ok with relocation". Clearly, It seems I made the mistake to mention that I am gay and have a male spouse, but "we both were willing to relocate". After that, I perceived that all the following questions had the aim to look for some negative factor in my persona. Even when the manager tried to smooth the conversation, it was clear that their interest in my application was lost. No good.

Interview Question – Not any difficult or technical question   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details connected through Linkedin recruiter. initial call with HR. brought in for interview with VP. straight forward interview.... then contacted for interview with DM and for ride along... standard questions. ADP is a great company. very big. ideal if you are looking for sales training.

Interview Question – who was one of your recent mentors...   Answer Question

App Tier Administration Interview

App Tier Administration
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in February 2013.

Interview Details Was emailed by the University Specialist regarding my interest in the position. I responded that I was and a phone interview was setup. The interview was very simple. The questions that were asked were all regarding the job requirements listed on the job listing. I then met with my would-be supervisor at a career fair where he asked a few questions regarding what I would hope to learn from this experience if I were offered the position. I was then informed a week later that I was accepted for the position.

Interview Question – There honestly wasn't any difficult questions or was I asked to code on the spot which was great to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation.

HRBP Consultant Interview

HRBP Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details Applied online and received great communication from the recruiter. Had a phone screen that went very well. I was then given the expectation with a week turnaround and it actually took 3 weeks to let me know the role was filled and to proceed and apply to a different role. Communication was not good, at all. The process was extremely transactional once I applied I was slotted into a last minute interview within a few hours. The interviewers were dry and uninteresting. One person simply overheard the entire conversation without speaking. Felt like a double sided mirror interview. Nonetheless the company is tenure and excitement is nonexistent.

Interview Question – Tell me how your past manager would describe you.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ADP.

Interview Details They may have an opening today, and then you are gone in 60 days due to monthly budgeting cuts.
This is especially dangerous in Tex. with an at will employment contract. A offer of employment is not worth any more than the day it was written.
Interviews are initially provided by typical head hunters, with no knowledge or experience. Say a lot to get their attention and prove your self (if you do not know some one or have family inside the company). That's the only way you get a final interview with the person that matters.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They tell you what the job's is scaled at. Take or leave it.

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Major Accounts District Manager
Milford, CT (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ADP in June 2014.

Interview Details Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. I wasn't really looking but she said this was a great opportunity. First I spoke with her for about 30 minutes. I thought it went well and she thought it went very well. Next step was in person. Met me the manager. I thought this went very well too but the manager did not

SBS District Manager Interview

SBS District Manager
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ADP in November 2011.

Interview Details Contact corporate recruiter, if she thinks you are a good fit then you have a phone interview with the VP of sales. I he thinks you can make it then you go in the field with a rep. If you like what you see then you have an interview with your direct manager or someone at the same position. Then you get a call to let you know if you are hired. The process might take around 3 months.

Interview Question – This is probably not unexpected but they really like outgoing people. I am a little introverted and felt out of my comfort zone because most managers have type A personalities and are really outgoing. I am a really good sales rep and had to show them that I can get the job done even if our personalities are not similar.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – base salary is the same for everyone in this position. There is not much to negotiate.

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!