ADP

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

3.1

Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP in April 2014.

I have been contacted roughly after a week I submitted my application form for scheduling a telephone interview. The interview was pretty simple with questions such as what are you studying, what are the other applications you have done, why ADP, what are your skills for the job and some competency based questions. The lady on the phone was really nice. They invited me at the Assessment Centre after a couple of weeks. Baseci structure of assessment centre: group work and presentation, writing exam, face-to-face interview with competency based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you and your suggestion were ignored by everyone around you. How did you cope with that situation?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ADP in September 2009.

Very long interview process, beginning with a screening process involving a number of individuals of different backgrounds and experiences. This was followed by a one to one session where more industry specfic questions were posed and culminating in a panel session where I was asked to consider both an exam style question then present a project plan around the role I was interviewing for

Interview Questions
    • Given the market you will be selling into how would you segment this market and what techniques would you use to succesfully profile the accounts and close business?   Answer Question
    Very good

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ADP.

Your first interview will be conducted in the office around 9:00 am, usually on a Wednesday. You will be interviewed by at least two different Sales Executives either together or separate. If both of the Sales Executives approve of you then the next step will be a field ride with a District Manager. You will ride along for a whole day and see what the job responsibilities look like. If the District Manager you rode with also approves, it then will likely go to the Vice President of Sales for the final approval.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience when you failed or were rejected and how you handled it.   Answer Question

District Manager- SBS Outside Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ADP.

submitted an application online, was contacted by a recruiter who asked basic questions and reassured me that i was a great fit for the position. when i arrive at the facility 15 minutes early they seat me in a shabby intake area. people (including the person who would later interview me) walked passed me, looking me up and down. it was slightly unprofessional, alas i'd probably be doing the same. after waiting for nearly a half hour my interviewer finally called me in. he too, looked me up and down as if to size me up asked a couple of questions and then announced that he wanted me to fight for the position because he 'was ready to end the interview' ...confused i reviewed my accomplishments and why i thought i would be a good fit to which he responded ' has anyone ever told you that you are hmmm sassy?...it's not a good thing.' I think it was the first time i actually rolled my eyes in front of a potential employer...two more interviews follwed with other managers--each trying to 'connect' with me. i didn't really give the company a fair shot after the initial interview as my counterpart's behavior was so offputting. i followed up with friendly e-mails --no one responded. i didn't get any notification that i had been turned down for the position just a request to evaluate the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • the interviewer--the first one, looked at my resume (clearly not reading it) and said why should i choose you when i could hire someone with a 4.0 gpa. ( my gpa was a cool 3.5) it was sort of off putting and said without reason. i felt he was trying to ruffle my feathers just because--if i wasn't a good fit why would the recruiter contact me in the first place. nothing really made sense....   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ADP.

Phone interview went well and I was told that a decision will be made in a couple of days. Red flags immediately raised; Every single time I was told that, I received the standard rejection letter. This interview was no different. We briefly talked about the position, I asked some questions, and went over my resume from top to bottom.

Major Accounts District Manager Interview

Met with hiring managers and they asked about background. Not very knowledgable leadership team and really behind in where the world is going. 5he hiring managers knew nothing about the competencies required to do the job.

Company sucks. With poor management team

Direct Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ADP in October 2014.

I submitted my resume through a current employee and spent roughly an hour speaking with a hiring manager over the phone. It was a standard phone interview for a sales position. He detailed the job expectations, asked questions about my experience, my skills, and my desire to perform the duties of the position, and discussed my long-term goals.

Interview Questions
    • None. He was very sure to create realistic projections of income and asked if I would be able to keep working in this capacity even if I'm making the low end of the spectrum for the first year or two.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ADP.

The interview process was clear and involved two phone interviews, recording an interview and finally a face to face. They were a bit late with providing the final answer and subsequently making an offer. I would say that the process was quite organised and involved the right people from the company.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ADP.

Phone interview, in person with hiring manager, ride along and interview with two sales managers. Everything went well I walked out thinking I would get an offer after my ride along went well and hour long interview with two sales managers. Didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the most difficult aspect you see yourself having to overcome with this job.   View Answer

SBS Associate District Manager Interview

It was an at length interview process. They do an extended background check that takes months. The management that you deal with during the hiring process is very helpful. They do three interviews during the process and once you get to the ride along you pretty much have the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you instead of someone who has 5 years of sales experience.   Answer Question
    Accepted first offer. No flex.