AIG Administrative Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in April 2010.

I was interviewed by one person. After not hearing anything for two weeks I called back to check on the processand was told it usually takes about three weeks for background checks etc. I was hired after approximately three weeks. I don't think it takes that much time anymore. Background checks are done much more quickly.

Interview Questions
  • Don't you think you are too qualified for this position.   View Answer
I was able to negotiate for a larger salary. Many employees also negotiate for more time off.

Other Interview Reviews for AIG

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at AIG in July 2009.

It's difficult to land an interview if you don't already know someone in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty streamlined for my position but I was bringing more to the table than the average and was hired after a long term temp assignment and was highly recommended for the position.   Answer Question
    Offer was on the low end for my experience and requested and was granted an increase. Still much lower than previous job held.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AIG in December 2008.

I was already an employee of the company I was trying to change departments. At the time things were changing with the company as a whole but I didn't like the direction my department was moving and wanted to move into an area that was more stable and important to the company. Why do you want this position? What are your plans for your future with the company? What is your 5 year plan?

Interview Questions
    • Are you prepared to take a demotion to accept this position? How are we to trust you will stay with the company after we have invested our time into training you?   View Answer
    There was no negotiating, I could accept or decline. The managers handled the rest.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at AIG.

met with HR rep then sent out to seperate building to meet with Regional Manager. Manager had a list of questions typed and explained his interview style. Once introductions were complete rapid fire questions were asked for approximately one hour asking for detailed examples of instances such as overcoming an obstacle, handling stressful situations, dealing with difficult employees.

Interview Questions
    Offer made was more than 10% of my former salary, I did not have to negotiate at all

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at AIG in October 2008.

HR phone screens, then calls you for an interview onsite with them. They prep you before you go to meet with a manager for the position you have interview for. The check everything in your background so be as honest as possible. They are very thorough. Great company to work for. They offer me the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    Always have your options and let them know exactly how much you want. If they really want to hire you, they will work with you with a number that's flexible for you and the company.

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!