AIG

147 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Internship Actuarial Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details Comptence based interview. A one hour interview starting with a short pressentation of the company and then some standard competence questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you have not been able to meet expectations   Answer Question

Business Analyst PMO Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at AIG in April 2014.

Interview Details 1. Phone interview. followed by in person interview. So far I only had phone interview.

Interview Question – 1. How many windows are in NYC?   View Answer

Operations and Systems Analyst Interview

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details One round on-campus interview with a super day at the company.

Interview Question – How am I going to deal with the conflict within the team?   Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied for the position in January 2014 and was contacted for an interview in February 2014. I interviewed with the VP of the business unit, the reporting manager, and an associate in the marketing department. The interview was very casual and flowed as if it were regular conversation. It lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – There were no questions that were unexpected for a typical interview. I practiced with previous interview questions and questions from job websites. One behavioral question was asked: "Name a time where you were the first to notice an issue and what steps did you take to resolve it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm sure there was room to negotiate, but they made an offer so high above my current salary, I didn't negotiate.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details Typical interview process, asked information about experience in several rounds of interviews...

Interview Question – Very relaxed - there were no difficult questions - interviewers just asked questions based on CV. This process will vary by interviewer but they were not very sophisticated in my case.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – AIG was very slow because everything had to go through NY seems Japan is unable to make offers without NY approval and then, went through a round of counter negotiations to receive higher salary and benefits. I advised negotiating for as much as possible as AIG does not give salary increases for years so get as high a salary as possible upon entering the company.

Very Easy Interview

Risk Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details Applied online. Received a call with a few days asked to come in for an interview. Met with HR rep briefly discussed passed experience and what I was looking for. in new position. Met with Manager of department. Our discussion lasted 15 minutes top very basic interview. Regarding product line and department. He was pleasant but not interview savvy.

Interview Question – This was a very easy interview. Not difficult. No thought provoking questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Senior Trial Attorney Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details An AIG Talent Acquisition Consultant contacted me by email after I applied for the position online through AIG's website. She scheduled a telephone interview for the following week. The interview lasted approximately 37 minutes. During the telephone interview, the Talent Acquisition Consultant was well-informed about the position, its duties and responsibilities, and the timeline for hiring. The interview covered worked experience and reasons for seeking a new position generally, as well as with AIG specifically. Salary expectations were only generally discussed; however, the Talent Acquisition Consultant was well informed about the benefits package.

Interview Question – Overall, this was not a particularly challenging interview. The msot difficult question was probably asking for reasons behind a careed change.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details Bit unorganized with many different recruiters contacting to set up interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you worked with data, interpreting data, and presenting data.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details Three 30-minutes interview in one day. Each interviewer have one piece of paper to ask the general behavior questions

Interview Question – Share your hard time, and what's your action   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details Spoke with two team members on the phone and then met with five in person.

Interview Question – Lots of company facts and figures.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at AIG

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AIG interview questions and advice. All 147 interview reviews are posted anonymously by AIG employees and interview candidates.