AIG

2.7

Summer Internship Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Comptence based interview. A one hour interview starting with a short pressentation of the company and then some standard competence questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you have not been able to meet expectations   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AIG in November 2011.

I applied through a recruitment Agency and after 3 weeks the process began with an hour of Telephone interview going through my Profile, and I was able to share at L2 my experience, expectation-the interviewer explained the role in detailed and AIG & its culture & future strategy. This was followed by 2 face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the Questions were competency based - so make sure you are well prepared for this approach as some of them can be quiet challeging if you have not prepared. eg "Give me an example of when worked with a difficult stakeholder, how you resolved issues with him/her and what did you learm from it "?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

It was an on campus interview. It lasted an hour, 30 mins with each of two interviewers. They are very friendly and down-to-earth. The process is kind of casual. they asked me questions and as i was telling my stories to answer them, it felt more like a conversation than an interview. They showed genuine interest in my story and tried to relate to me.

Underwriter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

Phone call with employee in the group. Much more of a conversation than question answer back and forth. Conversation flowed well talking about the market and where prices etc. were headed.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

The first day was a social with members of the department you were interviewing with, and also a panel of previous interns who shared their experiences. The social was very casual and some of the interviewers were there as well.

The next day, you had three different one on one interviews with members of the department, not HR. It was a lot of personality questions, there weren't any technical questions in my interviews.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Awesome interview experience. The process is back to back approximately 30 minutes for each. The question is pretty casual and about your basic behavioral questions like "Tell me why will we hire you?
    What is your greatest strength?". Overall, everyone was enjoyable and easy to talk. Great experience!

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions:
      How do you manage a conflict in group?
      How do you think of financial crisis?

View Answer

Contract Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Called by a head hunter. Went in for scheduled head hunter, they seemed to be surprised to even have an interview. Completely waste of my time. Contract labor for a position and an MBA well below the average hourly wage for the job.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

The recruiter called about two weeks after I applied for the job online. I interviewed a week later with three different people. It was relaxed and the tone was conversational. Each of the interviewers were different in how they interacted with me. One of them was the more formal and the other two were more laid back. I never felt like I didn't have an answer for questions. It really was more of a conversation that they lead in certain directions not straight questions.

Enterprise Risk Management Interview

interviewed on campus. all behovior questions and resume questions, very standard. Talked to 2 guys, 30 minute each. Got notification after 1 week. The department is very big and has many groups including market, credit, liquidity. The internship will be a rotational program.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

It was an on campus interview. It was a back to back interview. I showed up and was interviewed by one person, and when that was over I went into a separate room where i was interviewed by another person. The questions were all behavioral, and they were read off from a sheet of paper. It was an easy interview, and the people were nice, and cool.

Interview Questions
    • basic behavioral questions. tell me about yourself, when have you failed...   Answer Question