AIG Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014

2.7

Summer Internship Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Comptence based interview. A one hour interview starting with a short pressentation of the company and then some standard competence questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you have not been able to meet expectations   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AIG in November 2011.

I applied through a recruitment Agency and after 3 weeks the process began with an hour of Telephone interview going through my Profile, and I was able to share at L2 my experience, expectation-the interviewer explained the role in detailed and AIG & its culture & future strategy. This was followed by 2 face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the Questions were competency based - so make sure you are well prepared for this approach as some of them can be quiet challeging if you have not prepared. eg "Give me an example of when worked with a difficult stakeholder, how you resolved issues with him/her and what did you learm from it "?   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Applied through university and selected for an on campus interview. The interview was more like a conversation and a information session with few behavioral question. It was just a check of your communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly you know about the position and the domain where you have applied to?   Answer Question
    NA

Global Tax Interview

Very simple interview process. Met with 3 managers and spoke to each for about 45 minutes. The interviews were semi-casual chats with a few technical questions pertaining to behavior and skill set.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time, whether for school or work, in which you had to multitask?   Answer Question

Audit Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

You'll interview with 4-5 of the employees on one day, plan to stay for 2-3 hours. Don't get too comfortable as the day goes on because that's how you blow the interview. Treat each person as they were the first, be your "A" game, remain professional, sell yourself, dress the part. Let them know what you know and obtain information about the culture and work life balance without sounding complianing.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are detailed requiring you to demonstrate your understanding of change activities, integrated audits (operational, risk, compliance, financial, and technical).   Answer Question
    HR was outsourced and didn't know anything, I found linked in more helpful through friends.

Senior Claims Analyst Interview

The hiring and interview process was very professional and informative. I felt very comfortable throughout the entire process and there was time which remained available for any quesitons I may have had. It was one of the most smoothest interviews I've ever had.

Effortless and Seamless.

Science Group Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Applied through campus recruiting system. Got interview in not more than 2 weeks. Most of my friends got interview, so i think interview was the key part. Interview questions were all ordinary behavioral questions, nothing difficult or unexpected. But it was literally my first interview, so I wasn't prepared that well so i didnt got the offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interviewing process was comfortable and professional. Be prepared and you'll do a great job. Dress professionally and go in as you would for any other business interview. It seems like a great company to work for based off of the three step interviewing process. There was a phone interview before an in person interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG in September 2014.

I received an email about a week after applying online stating that they wanted to schedule a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was simple and short seeing as she called late as well. She siomply asked what i was looking for and salary requirements. i was called for a face to face interview the next business day. i met with the head of department and a financial analyst. it was pretty basic as the head dept managaer was speaking practically the entire time since the moment we met. He spoke for about 20- 30 min then asked if i had any questions for him before i can manage to even say anthing for myself. He didnt even ask me questions until i after i spoke. After wards, i spoke with financial analyst and it was basically a short 10 min interview even though i was told that it 45 min with each person

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions at all. Typical random questions that they thought of at the moment   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Got promoted. Do not expect a grilling interview. Not big on tools or training or education. Got promoted. Do not expect a grilling interview. Not big on tools or training or education.

Tough