AIG Interview Questions

2.7

Summer Internship Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Comptence based interview. A one hour interview starting with a short pressentation of the company and then some standard competence questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you have not been able to meet expectations   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AIG in November 2011.

I applied through a recruitment Agency and after 3 weeks the process began with an hour of Telephone interview going through my Profile, and I was able to share at L2 my experience, expectation-the interviewer explained the role in detailed and AIG & its culture & future strategy. This was followed by 2 face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the Questions were competency based - so make sure you are well prepared for this approach as some of them can be quiet challeging if you have not prepared. eg "Give me an example of when worked with a difficult stakeholder, how you resolved issues with him/her and what did you learm from it "?   Answer Question

Science Group Summer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AIG.

Applied through campus recruiting system. Got interview in not more than 2 weeks. Most of my friends got interview, so i think interview was the key part. Interview questions were all ordinary behavioral questions, nothing difficult or unexpected. But it was literally my first interview, so I wasn't prepared that well so i didnt got the offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interviewing process was comfortable and professional. Be prepared and you'll do a great job. Dress professionally and go in as you would for any other business interview. It seems like a great company to work for based off of the three step interviewing process. There was a phone interview before an in person interview.

IT Project Manager Interview

Got promoted. Do not expect a grilling interview. Not big on tools or training or education. Got promoted. Do not expect a grilling interview. Not big on tools or training or education.

Tough

Senior Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AIG.

Got internal transferred and promoted to this position from local country office to the apac regional office. as this is an internal transfer, I don't have much to speak about the interview process.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AIG in August 2014.

Spoke to the manager for a quick phone interview and was brought on-site shortly afterwards. Was told that the team showed strong interest in moving forward about a week after the on-site, and then about 7 business days later, I was extended an offer.

The on-site was all-day interview with 13 different people, mostly actuaries. They all seemed to be very friendly and easy to get along with so the interview wasn't very difficult, provided that you prepared to know your resume inside and out. Be sure to listen actively as they will ask you what you learned throughout the day regarding the job, and also be sure to have done homework on the industry and products that they sell. Seemed to be a great position with a great team and strong leadership.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the life industry? What is the most pleasant and unpleasant thing you've heard so far?   Answer Question

We were unable to come to an agreement on salary

Senior FIN Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in August 2014.

5 people, onsite
    nice people, laid back
    straight forward process.

Asked behavioral questions. Wanted to know about fit, why the job, and company. 1:1 interviews. rotated rooms. Said I'd hear back in a few days.. heard back a week later.

Interview Questions
    • questions related to why this co, why this position, why this city, and about fit.   Answer Question
    Just got a phone call

Paralegal Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AIG.

The interview routine was a lot less stressful than i thought it would be. The recruiter was very nice and flexible when it came to selecting a date in which I could come in for an interview. Also when i finally arrived, they were timely and Professiional.

Loss Sensitive Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley Heights, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ (US)

Phone interview with HR department in Houston, TX before going into the office for an in person interview. I interviewed with 2 of the current division managers. They asked similar questions, all basic for entry level interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What book did you last read? It was so unrelated to any kind of work I would be doing.   Answer Question

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!