AIG Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr 2015
Updated 9 Apr 2015

2.7

Summer Internship Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG (London, England).

Interview

Comptence based interview. A one hour interview starting with a short pressentation of the company and then some standard competence questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you have not been able to meet expectations   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AIG (London, England) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied through a recruitment Agency and after 3 weeks the process began with an hour of Telephone interview going through my Profile, and I was able to share at L2 my experience, expectation-the interviewer explained the role in detailed and AIG & its culture & future strategy. This was followed by 2 face-to-face interview

Interview Questions

• The majority of the Questions were competency based - so make sure you are well prepared for this approach as some of them can be quiet challeging if you have not prepared. eg "Give me an example of when worked with a difficult stakeholder, how you resolved issues with him/her and what did you learm from it "?   Answer Question

Marketing Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIG (Anaheim, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a message within a week to setup 30min phone call.

Quite basic, asked about my background and provided details about the position. I must add, the interviewer was very unprofessional. Upon our appointed time for the phone interview, she called, I answered and then she hung before I could say anything. I called back every 5 and 10 minutes went to voice-mail. I then sent an apologetic email and requested to re-schedule. Received a response an hour later saying she got a call immediately after mine and was too busy to receive my calls, obvious lie.

With the re-scheduled interview I mentioned in my message that I would call into her office to ensure no disconnection would happen. I called exactly on time, not second later, I received her voicemail. A few minutes later she called back saying again that she was "on another call and was not able to answer my call". Throughout the interview process (asking about background, laying out the details of the role), she sounded annoyed, bitter, and as if she wanted to rush me off the phone and role. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working, advising, and mentoring field agents?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AIG (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Met with HR as well as the Director of the group and 3 Associate Directors within the department. Most questions related to personality/behavioral/fit as well as previous work experience. Technical questions were very limited. Overall process was fairly quick.

Interview Questions

• What previous experiences would be most beneficial in this job?   Answer Question

Science Team Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AIG (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First had a screening call where I talked to two people for about 30 mins each, one had a case question. I was then called on-site where I met with 5 people for about 45 mins each. Each asked a combination of behavioral and case questions (some with math). Similar to what one might find for management consulting interviews. Each interviewer allowed about 5 mins for questions at the end. Received scheduled call from HR I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions establishing fit and desire to join the team. Conceptual and mathematical case questions to show off critical thinking processes.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

It was a fairly easy process. One phone interview for 30 mins, mainly behavioral questions. Then on-site interview process - 3 one-on-one interviews, all behavioral. Really friendly interviewers. The entire process took less than a month.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this major? Tell me about a time when you had to work in a team?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

The duration is about 1 hours. I applied through school career center. I was interviewed by three employees and it was basic behavioral questions. Most questions are more specific to previous work experiences. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? How much do you know about AIG?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

I applied through my college's job board. First round was an on-campus interview with two employees. Basic behavioral questions, very relaxed. Asked questions about resume. Second and Final Round was at their office. "Super Day", 3 rounds of interviews back to back to back. Two people interviewing each time. Mostly behavioral questions, some questions about the industry and the position in general. If you do about an hr of research you should be okay

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Interview

I applied through my university's job board. The process took about 3 weeks total.

The first round was two back-to-back phone interviews with a managing director and a partner.

The second was a super day at the New York office. They flew me out and I had four interviews with employees from all different levels of seniority. The office is beautiful, the employees were all very sharp and just generally really nice people.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard. Tell me about yourself, why this position, why AIG, what do you know about AIG's history, etc.

At my super day I had one case question but it was pretty fun.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation of compensation, I had 2 weeks to make my decision

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AIG (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

When I got the email saying I was selected for an AIG Summer Underwriting internship interview, it had been at least a month since I first applied. I was actually confused at first because I was also interviewing for an internship in a different division of AIG. The company paid for everyone (including hotels and flights for out-of-towners) to attend a "Superday" which was a two day event consisting of a group panel and networking night at the headquarters and then a round robin interview session with different underwriters and their respective divisions. The underwriters that I interviewed with were actually at the networking night the night before, so I was less nervous than if I went in cold turkey. I heard back less than a week later with an internship offer. Overall the experience was great and I learned so much about underwriting. The AIG recruiters that streamlined the interview process and set up my schedule were so personable and caring-- it was nice to put a face to an email (and they were the same ones from my other AIG internship interviews).

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult challenge and how did you overcome it?   2 Answers
    • Are you more of a social person or an analytical person?   1 Answer