AIG Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AIG in November 2011.

I applied through a recruitment Agency and after 3 weeks the process began with an hour of Telephone interview going through my Profile, and I was able to share at L2 my experience, expectation-the interviewer explained the role in detailed and AIG & its culture & future strategy. This was followed by 2 face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the Questions were competency based - so make sure you are well prepared for this approach as some of them can be quiet challeging if you have not prepared. eg "Give me an example of when worked with a difficult stakeholder, how you resolved issues with him/her and what did you learm from it "?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Comptence based interview. A one hour interview starting with a short pressentation of the company and then some standard competence questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you have not been able to meet expectations   Answer Question

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in February 2013.

Very straightforward. Applied online and got a call from their HR recruiter about a week later. SHe set up a face to face interview for me the following week. I interviewed with three people on the same day, got an offer about a week later. Mostly straightforward/behavioral questions, nothing too challenging or difficult.

None

Senior Actuarial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at AIG.

Got internal transferred and promoted to this position from local country office to the apac regional office. as this is an internal transfer, I don't have much to speak about the interview process.

Client Services Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AIG in August 2010.

I got to the interview via a recruiter. I contacted the recruiter and was interested in getting into the P&C world of Insurance and could not seem to do that at my employer at the time - Allstate. The recruiter fixed up my resume and sent it over to AIG. AIG called and set up the interview for me. I drove to the interview and saw 2 managers at the same time in a conference room type setting. Both asked me some questions and went over my experience and my resume. They made the offer the next day via a phone call from someone in New York. Very easy experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • Describe for me a time when you had a conflict with another employee and had to solve it?   View Answer
    They offered a salary - I asked if there was any wiggle room on the higher side and they said no and that was it.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2013.

On campus interview for 1 hour. The second round is a superday for about 3 hours which consisted of 5 1-1 interviews with actuaries from different departments. Interviews was broken down into communications, problem solving, technical, informing, and general. Everything wasn't technical except for the technical interview session. Overall was good but tiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Given a situation. How would you price a specific policy.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in November 2013.

Hiring process was very good at my college. There were on-campus interview early November for their intern positions. I had one 30-minute behavioral interview with an actuary, and after two weeks I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any unexpected questions from the interview. However, some of them were the following:

Tell me about a time when you failed and how you resolved the issue?
      Tell me about a time where you innovated a process?
      What are 3 of your greatest strengths and weaknesses? And why?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Campus recruiting explaining about the company, job description.
    Orientation about job description, process of the hiring, events of internships.
    Meeting with executives and employees of AIG with some drinks and cookies
    One-on-one interview

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AIG in April 2013.

Hiring process is very objective and efficient. It was a very clear process explained by the managers of HR of the company. 1st interview was with the recruiting manager, second interview was managed by a VP level executive and the last interview with HR VP. Very professionally handled.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at AIG in February 2014.

a bunch of random questions regarding your resume
    a list of behavioral questions that is given by the HR
    interviewed with 4 or 5 people in the group
    everyone is very nice

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!