AIG

Relevance Date Difficulty

Programmer Manager Interview

Programmer Manager
London, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AIG in November 2011.

Interview Details I applied through a recruitment Agency and after 3 weeks the process began with an hour of Telephone interview going through my Profile, and I was able to share at L2 my experience, expectation-the interviewer explained the role in detailed and AIG & its culture & future strategy. This was followed by 2 face-to-face interview

Interview Question – The majority of the Questions were competency based - so make sure you are well prepared for this approach as some of them can be quiet challeging if you have not prepared. eg "Give me an example of when worked with a difficult stakeholder, how you resolved issues with him/her and what did you learm from it "?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Actuarial Interview

Summer Internship Actuarial
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details Comptence based interview. A one hour interview starting with a short pressentation of the company and then some standard competence questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you have not been able to meet expectations   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2013.

Interview Details On campus interview for 1 hour. The second round is a superday for about 3 hours which consisted of 5 1-1 interviews with actuaries from different departments. Interviews was broken down into communications, problem solving, technical, informing, and general. Everything wasn't technical except for the technical interview session. Overall was good but tiring process.

Interview Question – Given a situation. How would you price a specific policy.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Actuarial
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AIG in November 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process was very good at my college. There were on-campus interview early November for their intern positions. I had one 30-minute behavioral interview with an actuary, and after two weeks I was given an offer.

Interview Question – There were not any unexpected questions from the interview. However, some of them were the following:

Tell me about a time when you failed and how you resolved the issue?
Tell me about a time where you innovated a process?
What are 3 of your greatest strengths and weaknesses? And why?
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details Campus recruiting explaining about the company, job description.
Orientation about job description, process of the hiring, events of internships.
Meeting with executives and employees of AIG with some drinks and cookies
One-on-one interview

Interview Question – where do you find an interest in finance?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at AIG in April 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process is very objective and efficient. It was a very clear process explained by the managers of HR of the company. 1st interview was with the recruiting manager, second interview was managed by a VP level executive and the last interview with HR VP. Very professionally handled.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Summer
New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AIG in February 2014.

Interview Details a bunch of random questions regarding your resume
a list of behavioral questions that is given by the HR
interviewed with 4 or 5 people in the group
everyone is very nice

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal

I applied online and interviewed at AIG.

Interview Details The interview routine was a lot less stressful than i thought it would be. The recruiter was very nice and flexible when it came to selecting a date in which I could come in for an interview. Also when i finally arrived, they were timely and Professiional.

Interview Question – What can you offer us that another candidate can't?   Answer Question

Loss Sensitive Analyst Interview

Loss Sensitive Analyst
Berkeley Heights, NJ (US)

Interviewed at AIG

Interview Details Phone interview with HR department in Houston, TX before going into the office for an in person interview. I interviewed with 2 of the current division managers. They asked similar questions, all basic for entry level interviews.

Interview Question – What book did you last read? It was so unrelated to any kind of work I would be doing.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Summer Analyst, ITSRC Interview

Summer Analyst, ITSRC
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AIG in March 2014.

Interview Details Requested Interview through school run career website. I went through 1 interview and received and offer, other interns had to go through multiple interviews. Overall it was a very simple process for me, that is probably because I am and Engineering major so they didnt need to really ask me a lot about insurance because clearly I didnt know anything.

Interview Question – It was a very basic informational interview. It's purpose was simply to see if they liked you or not.   Answer Question

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!