AIG Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014

2.7

Summer Internship Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Comptence based interview. A one hour interview starting with a short pressentation of the company and then some standard competence questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you have not been able to meet expectations   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AIG in November 2011.

I applied through a recruitment Agency and after 3 weeks the process began with an hour of Telephone interview going through my Profile, and I was able to share at L2 my experience, expectation-the interviewer explained the role in detailed and AIG & its culture & future strategy. This was followed by 2 face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the Questions were competency based - so make sure you are well prepared for this approach as some of them can be quiet challeging if you have not prepared. eg "Give me an example of when worked with a difficult stakeholder, how you resolved issues with him/her and what did you learm from it "?   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Applied through university and selected for an on campus interview. The interview was more like a conversation and a information session with few behavioral question. It was just a check of your communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly you know about the position and the domain where you have applied to?   Answer Question
    NA

SOX Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Good. HR is slow on their background checks and reletaded hiring processes. Recruiters don't work closely with management. There's not much room to negotiate on job offers. Be prepared to wait for about a month or so to hear back from them.

Not much to negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

It was a big surprise for me too but I only interviewed one round and got the job. It might because of that happened on campus and they took my school as a reference.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical behavioral interview Qs but they were expecting some different answers. Nothing classic..   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate

Intern Interview

Received a call from HR to interview for the position within 10 days of online application. Was selected for the next round with the Hiring Manager. Interview went well but did not receive any update/communication from the HR

IT SummerAnalyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neptune, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neptune, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

one 30 minute interview on campus. Basic behavioral questions and nothing unexpected. We went over my resume for 10 minutes and than they asked Just 5-10 questions regarding situations i demonstrated different attributes. It was very relaxed and conversational.

non negotiable

Global Tax Interview

Very simple interview process. Met with 3 managers and spoke to each for about 45 minutes. The interviews were semi-casual chats with a few technical questions pertaining to behavior and skill set.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time, whether for school or work, in which you had to multitask?   Answer Question

Audit Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

You'll interview with 4-5 of the employees on one day, plan to stay for 2-3 hours. Don't get too comfortable as the day goes on because that's how you blow the interview. Treat each person as they were the first, be your "A" game, remain professional, sell yourself, dress the part. Let them know what you know and obtain information about the culture and work life balance without sounding complianing.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are detailed requiring you to demonstrate your understanding of change activities, integrated audits (operational, risk, compliance, financial, and technical).   Answer Question
    HR was outsourced and didn't know anything, I found linked in more helpful through friends.

Programmer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at AIG in October 2014.

Applied trough campus and someone in AIG reached out to set up an interview time. The company seems to interview just about everyone who applies. My interviewer was not trained for interviews and was a director in a technical role. I was a qualified candidate all we talked about was my resume. They process seemed very impressionable. The program seemed like a mess - evidently last year they had too many interns for positions which led to interns being placed in less ideal locations within the company. I ended the interview - not a good fit.