AIG

Updated 11 Dec 2014

2.7

Summer Internship Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Comptence based interview. A one hour interview starting with a short pressentation of the company and then some standard competence questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you have not been able to meet expectations   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at AIG in November 2011.

I applied through a recruitment Agency and after 3 weeks the process began with an hour of Telephone interview going through my Profile, and I was able to share at L2 my experience, expectation-the interviewer explained the role in detailed and AIG & its culture & future strategy. This was followed by 2 face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • The majority of the Questions were competency based - so make sure you are well prepared for this approach as some of them can be quiet challeging if you have not prepared. eg "Give me an example of when worked with a difficult stakeholder, how you resolved issues with him/her and what did you learm from it "?   Answer Question

Senior Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AIG.

You meet with several managers including the HR recruiter. They try to have you meet with as many people in one day and generally takes a week to receive feedback from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years and how to do plan on achieving that goal?   Answer Question
    You have to be careful on negotiating your pay and time off. You need to negotiate this in the beginning and get it in writing. Management changes often.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AIG.

The interview was focused mainly around the work profile. More of a discussion on the current work. A stress was given to problem solving skills, willingness to learn and enthusiasm.

Salary

1 -2 mos before they call for phone interview
    they will schedule you for initial interview
    Usual question..About your resume. your self anything under the sun

Regional Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at AIG.

Obvious they are taking warm bodies. Good company but there is a feeding freenzy going on in life insurance sales at this time.Branch Manager was friendly but a hard recruiter. They are playing a numbers game.

Technology Analyst Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AIG.

2 interviewer. Each with 30 min. Standard interview with behavioral questions. (why you choose AIG etc.) I dont know how do they reject people based on this type of questions.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

process was lengthy and hr was unresponsive. interview itself was with multiple people which was intimidating. Average interview length with opportunity to ask questions at the end. My suggestion would be to be prepared with more questions about whether or not this position is a good fit e.g. expectations of position, salary increases over time, promotion opportunities, travel planning

Interview Questions
    wish i had negotiated more

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AIG.

Waited two weeks to be selected in a campus interview. 2 30-minute interviews conducted by staffs, no hr. The questions are mostly behavioral, only one problem to be solved. Staffs are very nice i keeping the conversation.

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AIG.

Two back to back 30 minute interviews on campus, got an offer 1 week later. They asked pretty standard behavioral questions. It is not too stressful or challenging, a very positive experience. Once you get an interview the company just wants to know if you are someone who would fit into their culture.

Interview Questions
    • If you are given a project with a tight deadline and no information or guidance, what would you do?   View Answers (2)

Location