ALDI

324 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Assistant Interview

Bridgwater, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ALDI in March 2013.

Interview Details I applied online after seeing an advertisement in my local paper, two weeks later I received a text from the district manager inviting me to a interview a few days later. All I was given was a Date, Time and Location, no information of any ID/Right to Work Document. I was under the impression it would simply be a 1-to-1 interview, but it turned out to be a small group interview. It started off us each giving a small bit of information about ourselves, we were then separated into two smaller groups and we had to give some information about ALDI and answer some basic questions. After relaying back to District manager (who was conducting the interview) we then had to come up with a new product for ALDI, after that we had a small 'presentation' about what it's like working for ALDI and were given the opportunity to ask questions. Finally we had 1-to-1 interviews to finish.

Interview Question – Designing the product, we only had 10 minutes to come up with a product, design what it looked like, figure out pricing and marketing.   View Answer

Trainee Area Manager Interview

Chelmsford, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in January 2013.

Interview Details 2 stages, a group interview (which includes maths and verbal reasoning tests) followed by a face to face interview. Initial contact was good but was surprised to turn up on the day and see 15 other people there. The group interview was a waste of time. You had two opportunities to speak and state your case. The first was when asked to introduce yourself and the second was when asked to speak about your greatest achievement. Everyone except me spoke about their placement years in retail. Despite the fact they advertise that retail is not important, I got the feeling that it was expected and the whole interview was a waste of my time.

Interview Question – prepare a presentation on your greatest achievement in 2 mins   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Store Assistant Interview

Store Assistant
Stoke-on-Trent, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ALDI in September 2012.

Interview Details Sent my CV to a employment agency and met the lady from there, who gave me a brief description of the company and the job, and told me what day to attend the store for a group interview.
On the day of my interview (which took around 30 minutes), there was 6 of us in a room along with the area manager, who asked us to go around the table and tell everyone a little about ourselves, after that just asked a few group questions about why we wanted to work there, if we knew anything about the company, and what we noticed the store does differently than the likes of other supermarkets.
Was called back a few days later to be offered a work trial, which consisted of me attending the store for 1 hour to do some tasks to see how i coped with the work (this would be extremely hard to fail at during the work trial). was informed another few days later that i was successful and was asked if i could start as soon as possible.

Overall the interview process and job trial were very easy, even without doing my homework on the company i still passed the interview and got the job

Interview Question – What do you know about the company   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager
Darlington, North East England, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details Group interview in Darlington.

The group of around 15 from the 300 applied were put through presentations, verbal reasoning tests, arithmetic tests and a survival exercise.

Prepare a two minute presentation on anything in less than two minutes.

A detailed Q&A with the regional MD was possible afterwards.

Interview Question – Prepare a two minute presentation on anything in less than two minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations possible.

Store Manager
Chelmsford, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in December 2011.

Interview Details Met with the chairman, discussed competencies, what I knew about the company and its performance, what I perceived the job to entail, examples of my tenacity.

Interview Question – Give me an example of your extreme levels of tenacity.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't like the progression within the company and, in general, where retail is heading.

Store Manager
Middleton, Lancashire, North West England, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI in April 2012.

Interview Details Initally saw the advertisement in the ALDI store and went on to apply online. The interview consisted of a group interview (25 people). The interviewer divided 25 people to 5 different group. There was a group task. Then there was sell me type presentation, where the interviewer assigned the group a product to sell to him. Then there was a quick 10 minutes mathematical aptitude test, the level of it was of below GCSE level. After that the final round was question and answer session, where anyone can answer questions asked by the interview. The questions were specifically aimed at ALDI business model, store management etc. Finally an opportunity was given to ask questions to interviewer.

The job was not interesting because of very low salary (starting £23,000) and reaching maximum of £30,000 after 3 years. The interviewer clearly mentioned that there would be no promotion in this job. In his word, this is the glass ceilings. Physical and mental strength also needed to carry out this job. The promotion within the company are only given to college graduates who joined the company as Area Manager.

Interview Questions

• Group Task Cave Man expercise, Where a group of people stuck together in a cave and only person is allowed to get out. Who should be given chance to get out and why?   View Answer
  • What do you know about ALDI?   Answer Question
  • Which products you like from ALDI and why?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Northampton, England

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in January 2012.

Interview Details After months of seeking employment, I was gifted an interview at ALDI supermarket.
When I arrived, I was told that the interview would be quick, as there were alot of people to see. This hardly filled me with confidence. Throughout the interview, my interviewer (who we shall refer to as X), seemed quite put out by my appearance. I couldn't shake the feeling that I was not wanted. I had to listen to X's dreary, soul destroying drabble about how they'd 'worked up to the top' for which I did not care, boy I hate it when retail company managers act like I should worship the ground they walk on. The whole interview lasted fifteen minutes, with basic maths questions and an initial 'tell me about yourself' cliche. I was NOT impressed with the whole process, and couldn't wait to get out.
The interview ended, much to my dismay, with X asking me what I knew about the company & if i wanted to ask any questions; to be honest, all I wanted to do was leave, but I came out with some 'tell me about your journey' nonsense, X loved that.
I left, feeling pessimistic about the whole process, wanted to curl up into a ball and never leave the house again.

Interview Questions

• Any questions?   View Answer
  • Mental maths. I buy a product for £7.31, I give you £20.00, what change do I receive?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I felt demeaned, adherent, auxiliary, deputy, like a disciple, a follower, a hanger-on, hireling, junior, menial, minion, minor, peon, satellite, second banana, subaltern, subject, subordinate, sycophant, underling. SO, i rejected the offer and am still seeking employment.

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager
Manchester, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in June 2009.

Interview Details The Aldi Area Manager graduate scheme is heavily oversubscribed mainly due to the above average salary on offer plus promise of swift progression. The main area of questioning focuses on leadership experience either professionally or socially as many candidates are recent graduates without a great deal of work experience. Captain of sports teams, academic groups, Scouts etc are popular choices if you don't have a great deal of work experience.
My advice is be yourself as if you try to be something you're not and get the job you will not enjoy it and no matter how much the salary is, it's not enough, you have to enjoy the challenges you will face in order to do well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, starting from when you were a child through education and work to bring me up to the present day.   View Answer
  • What is the most difficult situation you have had to deal with either professionally or personally   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation as every area manager comes in on the same salary and existing area managers are all on the same salary which depends upon length of service.

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at ALDI in October 2011.

Interview Details Planning and communication was great. had several rounds of interviews, first round was meet and greet, second round was formal questions, and the third round was an onsite interview and they sent a limo. the interviewers were looking for motivated and assertive employees. this job was then a stepping stone to get people trained for regional manager role

Interview Question – How would you fire someone, and can you do that?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The working hours were awful.

District Manager Interview

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details It was 2 week quick process. Round interview with all the directors and follow up with third interview. Than the final offer.

Interview Question – If you were a animal What would you be and why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ALDI