ALDI Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darlington, North East England, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALDI in November 2013.

Had a group interview for Aldi a few weeks ago. They want the kind of people who are willing to stab others in the back to get to the top.

Started by having to give a 2 minute presentation on anything (do not bring notes with you, one man had his confiscated and was told he was unprofessional).

Secondly had to do assessments - numerical reasoning and a personality test. We were told if we didnt have the right personality we would be immediately declined a position.

Most people were out to get each other which was very uncomfortable.

Finally we did a survival challenge. My group didnt actually seem to decide on anything as they all wanted to be the leader. I literally could not get a word in (and I talk a lot!).

Interview Questions
    • you have 30 seconds to prepare a 2 minute presentation on anything   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, England

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI in October 2013.

online form, then assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • the day ran as follows:
      1. tests (maths, sequence, verbal); very time pressured, a lot of people seemed to run out of time so work fast!
      2. 2 minute introduction of yourself (interesting fact, why aldi etc)
      3. 2/3 minute presentation on your greatest achievement.
      4. question and answer session (questions directed both ways)
        Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleton, Greater Manchester, North West England, England

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI in October 2013.

Online application then invited by letter to assessment center. Assessment centre started with short introduction with 3 facts about yourself, then quick Q&A they want you to have a lot of knowledge of aldi's products and business model. Then all given 5 mins for a 3 min presentation on anything (couldnt be one of your previously given facts). People did presentations on placement years, jobs and volunteering. One person in our group came with laminated certificates and sat smiling in the prep time, the point of the exercise is to see how you cope under pressure don't look over prepared. Then we had a raft survival task sorting individually priorities items then discuss and come to group conclusion. We then had the fun part of the numeracy, verbal reasoning and personality tests.

Interview Questions
    • I found the tests the hardest part there is only 20 mins to fill out all the tests time was an issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bathgate, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bathgate, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI in July 2013.

Initial application followed by a group interview and finally a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Aldi (other than the money)?   Answer Question

Store Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in July 2013.

Online application - lots of questions. Phone call inviting me to an informal get to know you group interview in store. Around 6 of us with the area manager. Everyone wore shirt/tie etc. Went around the room introducing yourself. You then done a maths test - adding/subtracting/multiplication/division/long multiplication. Then you done a shop floor walk where you had to find positives and negatives about the store. You then go back in and discuss your findings.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself - I do not think i sold myself as much as i should have at this point. I went first. Everyone else really detailed their work history/education at this point. If its been a while since you left school practice your simple maths skills. You do not get a calculator.   Answer Question

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI.

Complete radio silence for about 5 months before they got back to me and scheduled an interview. Got through to the next stage and had a work trial, which was complete waste of time as they had me arranging the products during the busiest hours, but it got me to the next stage which was again another interview, after which I got hired.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they asked were all very basic, "Why should we hire you?" "What are your strengths / weaknesses?" "Tell an example of yourself working as a part of a team."   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgwater, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgwater, England

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ALDI in March 2013.

I applied online after seeing an advertisement in my local paper, two weeks later I received a text from the district manager inviting me to a interview a few days later. All I was given was a Date, Time and Location, no information of any ID/Right to Work Document. I was under the impression it would simply be a 1-to-1 interview, but it turned out to be a small group interview. It started off us each giving a small bit of information about ourselves, we were then separated into two smaller groups and we had to give some information about ALDI and answer some basic questions. After relaying back to District manager (who was conducting the interview) we then had to come up with a new product for ALDI, after that we had a small 'presentation' about what it's like working for ALDI and were given the opportunity to ask questions. Finally we had 1-to-1 interviews to finish.

Interview Questions
    • Designing the product, we only had 10 minutes to come up with a product, design what it looked like, figure out pricing and marketing.   View Answer

Trainee Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in January 2013.

2 stages, a group interview (which includes maths and verbal reasoning tests) followed by a face to face interview. Initial contact was good but was surprised to turn up on the day and see 15 other people there. The group interview was a waste of time. You had two opportunities to speak and state your case. The first was when asked to introduce yourself and the second was when asked to speak about your greatest achievement. Everyone except me spoke about their placement years in retail. Despite the fact they advertise that retail is not important, I got the feeling that it was expected and the whole interview was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • prepare a presentation on your greatest achievement in 2 mins   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darlington, North East England, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ALDI.

Group interview in Darlington.

The group of around 15 from the 300 applied were put through presentations, verbal reasoning tests, arithmetic tests and a survival exercise.

Prepare a two minute presentation on anything in less than two minutes.

A detailed Q&A with the regional MD was possible afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare a two minute presentation on anything in less than two minutes.   Answer Question
    No negotiations possible.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoke-on-Trent, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoke-on-Trent, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ALDI in September 2012.

Sent my CV to a employment agency and met the lady from there, who gave me a brief description of the company and the job, and told me what day to attend the store for a group interview.
    On the day of my interview (which took around 30 minutes), there was 6 of us in a room along with the area manager, who asked us to go around the table and tell everyone a little about ourselves, after that just asked a few group questions about why we wanted to work there, if we knew anything about the company, and what we noticed the store does differently than the likes of other supermarkets.
    Was called back a few days later to be offered a work trial, which consisted of me attending the store for 1 hour to do some tasks to see how i coped with the work (this would be extremely hard to fail at during the work trial). was informed another few days later that i was successful and was asked if i could start as soon as possible.

Overall the interview process and job trial were very easy, even without doing my homework on the company i still passed the interview and got the job