ALDI

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details I attended a store hiring event, was called about two weeks later for an over the phone interview and was asked at the end of the call for a face to face interview a week or two later. Face to face interview with a District Manager lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – would you be willing to take an offer of a lower position if the position of store manager trainee was not offered to you?   View Answer

Store Manager Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details Odd company policies. Very short interview for me. I was told they defined full time as more than 20 hours, and hitting 34 at peak. I said thanks for your time, but no thank you. Seems like it would be a great company for college students or as a secondary income for a family.

Interview Question – What are you expecting for salary?   Answer Question

Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in April 2014.

Interview Details Aldi had a hiring event at Destiny USA. I went expecting to be interviewed. I also expected lots of others. Both were true. We all stood in a line and one by one proceeded up to an open counter and handed in resume/ application. There were several questions asked but nothing but general questions. Lots of folks didn't even bring a resume.

Interview Question – Are you available full time or part time?   View Answer

Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

Interview Details I went to the hiring event had 4 interviews. Basic interview questions they really are trying to figure out if you are ready to work for them because it is labor intense. was gave an offer pending my background and drug test.

Interview Question – How is your present job like aldi and how is it different.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation,

Interviewed at ALDI

Interview Details Was recruited by a DM. He told me to go visit a couple of stores and get back with him to set up a formal interview. And if that 1st interview goes well he would pass me onto the Director of my area. O I think normally it would be a 3 stage interview process but if you are being recruited it will be a 2 stage interview process. If you are not being recruited you have to attend one of their job fairs that the advertise in the paper and on Craigslist.

Interview Question – Why did you not go into another field.   Answer Question

Lawrence, KS (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at ALDI in January 2014.

Interview Details Was called by a recruiter and they set up an interview very quickly(within a few days) with the District Manager.

Interview Question – When was the last time you experimented with drugs?   View Answer

DFW, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in October 2013.

Interview Details Started off with a recruiter phone call that was the initial phone interview. The next week, I had a group interview with 2 DMs. And the week after that, interviewed with a Director. Then began screening process.

Interview Question – What are you like as a leader and how do you lead?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I feel "Aldi management" is not real management.

Edison, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in May 2013.

Interview Details Approached store manager with my resume and was later called by the district manager for an interview. She asked the standard questions about my management experience and then informed me that the next steps would be another interview with another district manager then an interview with a director of operations, then a background check and drug test. She probed me repeatedly about fessing up to anything that may show up on either the background check or drug test. Was later called for an interview with the director of operations. I skipped the second interview somehow. Fairly easy interview, same questions as the first interview and then the same scare tactics about the background check and drug test. He even went so far as to tell me (falsely) that they sometimes do hair follicle tests to see my reaction. Went for the urine test and was offered the job one week later. The whole process took 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time you worked on developing an underperforming employee and what was the outcome. How did this improve you as a manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Their rates are set.

Store Manager Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ALDI in May 2013.

Interview Details I went to a job fair with my resume in hand. Handed in the resume and sat down for an interview which I now know was with a recruiter. She asked basic questions and then told me in great detail what the company is about and what they would expect of me. Looking back she most definitely did most of the talking. The recruiter said she thought I was a good fit and arranged for me to interview with someone with the job title along the lines of 'Vice President of Operations'. She was apparently in the next room and introduced us. The part with the VP was more of a normal interview. I got a call from the recruiter later that night saying I should expect a call within a week to setup an interview with a DM and a current GM. I got a call the next day from a DM. The DM interview was pretty easy, but that could be because I interviewed twice already and the questions were similiar/reworded. The DM then offered me conditional employment as long as Background check and drug test came out fine. I had nothing to worry about but he kept stressing honesty was important and that if I told him something was on the background check/drug test, I may still be up for consideration. He kept saying it so I guess honesty is extremely important to them, as it should be. Once everything came back clean he called me and asked when I wanted to start. I told him give me two weeks to quit my current job. He honored it.

Interview Question – The interview with the VP of Operations was the tougher one. I was a employed at the time as a manager in retail. She asked me my greatest weakness. Then immediately after my answer, she asked 'If I were to speak with one of your current employees, what would they say your least favorable trait would be?' They're not difficult questions, but asking both in the same interview was a slick way to give 2 weaknesses. I simply wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was the salary, they were not negotiating.

Saginaw, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ALDI in September 2012.

Interview Details The store manager called me in for an interview after I hand delivered an app and my resume a week prior. It literally took five minutes. Easy as pie. I was under the impression that I was being interviewed for a mgr trainee position since it was the only thing I put on my app, and I have mgt experience. The store manager asked me if i was willing to start as a cashier though.. Kind of upsetting since it would've been a demotion for me and I still wonder why she called me in the first place.. Plus since the interview was so short, makes me kind of feel like she knew she wasnt going to hire me anyway.

Interview Question – Who was your favorite professor?   Answer Question

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!