ALDI Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct 2014

2.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tully, NY (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tully, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2014.

Dropped off an application at store and was called by district manager for an interview. After the interview I made contact a few times by dropping a letter at the store saying thank you and reminding him that I continue to be interested. Called for a second interview a month later. Both interviews asked me to talk about my previous work experience and several "tell me about a time..." type questions. The first seemed to be focused on job skills and the second on leadership ability.

Interview Questions
  • How would your current supervisor describe you and what would he say is the area you are most challenged in?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ALDI in August 2014.

He talked sooooooo fast asking questions that you felt like you had to respond back talking fast as well or he just wasn't interested. It was weird. To me it felt like he was intimidated by me and felt threatened that I potentially wanted to take his job. Just felt like a very odd interview to me. Was not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • He just asked to explain the very first job to your current job and asked questions in between.   Answer Question

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI in August 2014.

Process took a month and that was for two parts of the four part interview process. They seem to string a candidate along. This company probably loses countless prospects because they drag their feet. If you have limited retail experience you will not be considered. A giant waste of your time because they seem unwilling to train and really believe that managing an ALDI location is difficult.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

I attended a store hiring event, was called about two weeks later for an over the phone interview and was asked at the end of the call for a face to face interview a week or two later. Face to face interview with a District Manager lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • would you be willing to take an offer of a lower position if the position of store manager trainee was not offered to you?   View Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ALDI.

Odd company policies. Very short interview for me. I was told they defined full time as more than 20 hours, and hitting 34 at peak. I said thanks for your time, but no thank you. Seems like it would be a great company for college students or as a secondary income for a family.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI.

I went to the hiring event had 4 interviews. Basic interview questions they really are trying to figure out if you are ready to work for them because it is labor intense. was gave an offer pending my background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How is your present job like aldi and how is it different.   Answer Question
    no negotiation,

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ALDI in April 2014.

Aldi had a hiring event at Destiny USA. I went expecting to be interviewed. I also expected lots of others. Both were true. We all stood in a line and one by one proceeded up to an open counter and handed in resume/ application. There were several questions asked but nothing but general questions. Lots of folks didn't even bring a resume.

Interview Questions
    • Are you available full time or part time?   View Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Was recruited by a DM. He told me to go visit a couple of stores and get back with him to set up a formal interview. And if that 1st interview goes well he would pass me onto the Director of my area. O I think normally it would be a 3 stage interview process but if you are being recruited it will be a 2 stage interview process. If you are not being recruited you have to attend one of their job fairs that the advertise in the paper and on Craigslist.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at ALDI in January 2014.

Was called by a recruiter and they set up an interview very quickly(within a few days) with the District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you experimented with drugs?   View Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ALDI in October 2013.

Started off with a recruiter phone call that was the initial phone interview. The next week, I had a group interview with 2 DMs. And the week after that, interviewed with a Director. Then began screening process.

Interview Questions
    • What are you like as a leader and how do you lead?   View Answer

I feel "Aldi management" is not real management.