ALDI Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated 12 Sep 2014

2.5

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ALDI in August 2014.

He talked sooooooo fast asking questions that you felt like you had to respond back talking fast as well or he just wasn't interested. It was weird. To me it felt like he was intimidated by me and felt threatened that I potentially wanted to take his job. Just felt like a very odd interview to me. Was not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions
  • He just asked to explain the very first job to your current job and asked questions in between.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

I attended a store hiring event, was called about two weeks later for an over the phone interview and was asked at the end of the call for a face to face interview a week or two later. Face to face interview with a District Manager lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • would you be willing to take an offer of a lower position if the position of store manager trainee was not offered to you?   View Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ALDI.

Odd company policies. Very short interview for me. I was told they defined full time as more than 20 hours, and hitting 34 at peak. I said thanks for your time, but no thank you. Seems like it would be a great company for college students or as a secondary income for a family.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI.

I went to the hiring event had 4 interviews. Basic interview questions they really are trying to figure out if you are ready to work for them because it is labor intense. was gave an offer pending my background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How is your present job like aldi and how is it different.   Answer Question
    no negotiation,

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ALDI in April 2014.

Aldi had a hiring event at Destiny USA. I went expecting to be interviewed. I also expected lots of others. Both were true. We all stood in a line and one by one proceeded up to an open counter and handed in resume/ application. There were several questions asked but nothing but general questions. Lots of folks didn't even bring a resume.

Interview Questions
    • Are you available full time or part time?   View Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Was recruited by a DM. He told me to go visit a couple of stores and get back with him to set up a formal interview. And if that 1st interview goes well he would pass me onto the Director of my area. O I think normally it would be a 3 stage interview process but if you are being recruited it will be a 2 stage interview process. If you are not being recruited you have to attend one of their job fairs that the advertise in the paper and on Craigslist.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrence, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at ALDI in January 2014.

Was called by a recruiter and they set up an interview very quickly(within a few days) with the District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you experimented with drugs?   View Answer

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  DFW, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in October 2013.

Started off with a recruiter phone call that was the initial phone interview. The next week, I had a group interview with 2 DMs. And the week after that, interviewed with a Director. Then began screening process.

Interview Questions
    • What are you like as a leader and how do you lead?   View Answer

I feel "Aldi management" is not real management.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ALDI in May 2013.

I went to a job fair with my resume in hand. Handed in the resume and sat down for an interview which I now know was with a recruiter. She asked basic questions and then told me in great detail what the company is about and what they would expect of me. Looking back she most definitely did most of the talking. The recruiter said she thought I was a good fit and arranged for me to interview with someone with the job title along the lines of 'Vice President of Operations'. She was apparently in the next room and introduced us. The part with the VP was more of a normal interview. I got a call from the recruiter later that night saying I should expect a call within a week to setup an interview with a DM and a current GM. I got a call the next day from a DM. The DM interview was pretty easy, but that could be because I interviewed twice already and the questions were similiar/reworded. The DM then offered me conditional employment as long as Background check and drug test came out fine. I had nothing to worry about but he kept stressing honesty was important and that if I told him something was on the background check/drug test, I may still be up for consideration. He kept saying it so I guess honesty is extremely important to them, as it should be. Once everything came back clean he called me and asked when I wanted to start. I told him give me two weeks to quit my current job. He honored it.

Interview Questions
    • The interview with the VP of Operations was the tougher one. I was a employed at the time as a manager in retail. She asked me my greatest weakness. Then immediately after my answer, she asked 'If I were to speak with one of your current employees, what would they say your least favorable trait would be?' They're not difficult questions, but asking both in the same interview was a slick way to give 2 weaknesses. I simply wasn't expecting it.   Answer Question
    The salary was the salary, they were not negotiating.

Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ALDI in May 2013.

Approached store manager with my resume and was later called by the district manager for an interview. She asked the standard questions about my management experience and then informed me that the next steps would be another interview with another district manager then an interview with a director of operations, then a background check and drug test. She probed me repeatedly about fessing up to anything that may show up on either the background check or drug test. Was later called for an interview with the director of operations. I skipped the second interview somehow. Fairly easy interview, same questions as the first interview and then the same scare tactics about the background check and drug test. He even went so far as to tell me (falsely) that they sometimes do hair follicle tests to see my reaction. Went for the urine test and was offered the job one week later. The whole process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you worked on developing an underperforming employee and what was the outcome. How did this improve you as a manager?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Their rates are set.

Worked for ALDI? Contribute to the Community!