AMD Interview Questions

Updated 12 Sep 2014
Updated 12 Sep 2014

Design Engineer II Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AMD.

1) 5 Rounds of interview covering software, verification, logic design, Computer Architecture and Physical Design (little)
    2) Logic Design round was difficult since tough questions about verilog coding and design using it were asked
    3) Computer Architecture - covered tomasulo, cache, pipeline, interrupts etc...
    4)Software - Toughest....questions asked were like how to design good application, how many lines of C++ code have you written, perl pattern matching questions

Co-Op Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AMD.

I had just one interview in which the interviewer tried to estimate my academic experience in the fields of physical design and verification. Some other skills like working on Linux and knowledge in scripting are also tested.
    I had a complete review of my resume.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AMD.

Standard interview questions for programming job. One debugging question. One recursion question. One problem with using gates (come up with some logic). About 6 people. 1 person takes you for lunch at the cafeteria. Hiring process was overall ok. I got proper phone and/or email updates during the process. overall experience was ok. Interviewers were sort of "normal" in the sense that they weren't intimidating nor ultra friendly - just had a normal interviewer poker face.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything extremely difficult of unexpected or out of ordinary.   Answer Question
    they check your last company (at least, if not all) salary, so don't lie.

Coop Interview

The whole process took about 30 days. First a HR round for about 20 minutes and a phone screen of about 75 minutes. After getting selected there is background check.

Intern Interview

Asked basic behavioural questions. Phone interview, then in person interview. In addition asked some technical questions regarding circuits and basic understanding of theory. No unexpected trick questions. Should prepare for interview by reading up on textbooks or literature.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at AMD in July 2014.

Interview went on smooth but coming to result dont know why they delay. we dont even know whether we are rejected or under consideration for the position. AMD should improve its interaction with the candidates. They donot even respond to emails once the interview is done.

SMTS Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at AMD.

I worked there previously. I was referred by a manager. People checked with their peers who'd worked with me before and then interviewed me over the phone. I was re-hired without an onsite interview.

Management Associate Interview

Basically, same as what normal interview is doing.. self intro, general question, q&a, get question based on your answer, just normal and usual interview. You will get it neutral and nice. Just be confident, be yourself. Show your quality and yourself.
    You need to be yourself and confident. That’s the tips

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AMD.

After a brief phone screen, you move on to the on-site interview. These interviews are intense - generally 5 or 6 one hour interviews with engineers and managers of all levels. Very technical. Make sure to study up. If you get stuck, the interviewer will help spur you on - they want to know how you reason through a problem if you don't already know the answer.

Interview Questions
    • "Have you ever looked at how a real processor is designed?" (in response to a description of my graduate design project. Out of the 5 or 6 interviews, at most one will try to push your buttons, and maybe none. But be ready to handle yourself in case it happens.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AMD.

Submitted resume through university contact. They got back to me immediately and a phone interview was scheduled in one week. All communication was through e-mail. The interview was strictly a skill test focused on just the basic questions on posted requirements.

Interview Questions

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!