AMD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details Standard interview questions for programming job. One debugging question. One recursion question. One problem with using gates (come up with some logic). About 6 people. 1 person takes you for lunch at the cafeteria. Hiring process was overall ok. I got proper phone and/or email updates during the process. overall experience was ok. Interviewers were sort of "normal" in the sense that they weren't intimidating nor ultra friendly - just had a normal interviewer poker face.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything extremely difficult of unexpected or out of ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they check your last company (at least, if not all) salary, so don't lie.

Quality Assurance Analyst II Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst II
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AMD in April 2013.

Interview Details Interview process was telephonic and video conference round because i was employed in bangalore, interview was not much tougher asked easy questions and able carsk that all the questions asked by the interviewer.

Interview Question – Questions were easy and able to answer all the questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I dint negotiated much because this company was the second for me.

Coop Interview

Coop

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details The whole process took about 30 days. First a HR round for about 20 minutes and a phone screen of about 75 minutes. After getting selected there is background check.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details Asked basic behavioural questions. Phone interview, then in person interview. In addition asked some technical questions regarding circuits and basic understanding of theory. No unexpected trick questions. Should prepare for interview by reading up on textbooks or literature.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AMD in May 2012.

Interview Details 2 phone screens, 7 people interviewed me in person; lasted from 7:45AM to 2PM. Got offer in 1-2 weeks. It was very pleasant ; and I liked Austin, TX a lot. Team is highly technical and in general will not take BSing well. Some questions on brainteasers but mostly technical hardware and software related.

Interview Question – About trace driven vs execution driven modeling. Trace driven modeling is faster; and but is less realistic due to not exploring bad paths during branch prediction. Execution driven modeling usually requires the existence of a functional model - in addition to a timing model to do neat things like sampling etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiate frills; like vacation.

SMTS Development Engineer Interview

SMTS Development Engineer
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details I worked there previously. I was referred by a manager. People checked with their peers who'd worked with me before and then interviewed me over the phone. I was re-hired without an onsite interview.

Senior ASIC Design Verification Engineer Interview

Senior ASIC Design Verification Engineer
Boxborough, MA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at AMD in May 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by email that asked me to schedule a phone interview. I also received a call form the recruiter regarding interview scheduling. I was told that the interview would be mainly a general one and nothing technical would be asked. Some of the questions asked in the interview-
- Why do you think you are most suitable for this job?
- How are your skills relevant to this position?
The questions were easy and mostly of HR type. Never heard back from the company regarding their decision.

Interview Question – (Unexpected) What the types of caches?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at AMD in May 2011.

Interview Details Three phone interviews. First by the recruiter, second by the Senior Manager, and third by the immediate manager. The first round was just general questionnaire, second round was more of related to the position and what you were expected to do. The third round was more of getting to know you better before they made an offer.

Interview Question – What makes you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate

Interviewed at AMD

Interview Details Basically, same as what normal interview is doing.. self intro, general question, q&a, get question based on your answer, just normal and usual interview. You will get it neutral and nice. Just be confident, be yourself. Show your quality and yourself.
You need to be yourself and confident. That’s the tips

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AMD.

Interview Details After a brief phone screen, you move on to the on-site interview. These interviews are intense - generally 5 or 6 one hour interviews with engineers and managers of all levels. Very technical. Make sure to study up. If you get stuck, the interviewer will help spur you on - they want to know how you reason through a problem if you don't already know the answer.

Interview Question – "Have you ever looked at how a real processor is designed?" (in response to a description of my graduate design project. Out of the 5 or 6 interviews, at most one will try to push your buttons, and maybe none. But be ready to handle yourself in case it happens.   Answer Question

Worked for AMD? Contribute to the Community!