ARAMARK

Updated 20 Jan 2015
Updated 20 Jan 2015

2.5

Catering Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK.

Online application form competency questions. Teamwork, leadership and commitment. You also had to upload your CV.

Interview questions why Aramark, difficult customer situations, trends experience in catering, questions on stock control and management of teams.

One to one interview very relaxed wit h senior members of HR I would work with in the future. Asked about knowledge of Aramark's business and what industries it works in. Where do you see yourself in a few years time.

Following the interview went to training centre where training for role and aramark as a business was given.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK.

Via agency. Salary is good (but not brilliant) for tech industry. Not too many benefits given. 3-4 working days for 1st interview. 10 days to 2nd interview. Felt welcomed in reception both times, always asked if coffee/water was required. Friendly company which felt very professional. Offices are modern with decent facilities. Interviews Face-face in office with 2 people each time. Open+refreshingly down to earth conversations had at all times. Easily felt welcomed and comfortable. They use a soft approach with some probing questions at times but nothing aggressive. Was ssked to define the role in my own words for second interview and explain what I'd need in the 1st month to get the job done. No tests or specific technical questions but think they could easily tell if candidates were pulling wool over their eyes.

Inbound Customer Service and Sales Interview

invitation and information session. Called back for second interview. Call center simulation. It will take about 45 min to do. Then the interview with manager and director. Fairly typical questions. You will be asked how you know about the company and what you know.

Interview Questions
    • After second interview, it will be another 2 weeks before you know if you have the job.   Answer Question
    no negotiation. this is a hourly seasonal position with no benefits

Student Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ARAMARK.

The interview took place within our on-campus Career Center, so I didn't get to experience their office culture. The interview was for a student manager position in our dining halls on campus. The woman who interviewed me was extremely friendly and very laid back - she never made me feel intimidated but definitely didn't sugar coat the fact that the job is NOT easy. The interview process was rather simple and standard, your typical procedures.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember the specific questions she asked - nothing too hard that was noteworthy. Like I said, it was very standard.   Answer Question

Chef Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview was, pleasant. The conversation was lively and informative. I never felt intimidateded or worried except when they asked salary requirements. I hadn't researched it so was unprepared. I hope I haven't blown it but if it doesn't work out I'm ok with it

Accelerate to Leadership Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ARAMARK.

I first found out about the program through my school's career fair. I applied online and then talked to them at the career fair. It was very high tech- they screenshotted my resume on an ipad and set up an interview with me there. Before the interview, I was invited to an info session for Aramark on campus. They explained the different lines of business and what it would be like to work in the program. I highly suggest you attend it- lets you get a person connection with the interviewers. During my interview on campus, I was interviewed by a woman that was at the info session. It was about 30 minutes and asked me mostly about my work history, relocation preferences, and a few behavioral questions. Make sure you ask alot of questions for the recruiters and be clear on where and what line of business you want to work. I then got an email a few days later saying I was invited back for the second round. They had it in philadelphia and hotel and travel were paid for. It was a half day experience: informational session, panel discussion, and then 2 15-30 minute interviews. My first was with two gentelmen of different lines of business. My second was a woman in the field I wanted most. I then received a few emails in the following two months saying it was a large task to sort through all 800 employees. I finally received an email saying a reiceved a position, but they hadnt decided where they would place me. I am still waiting on placement information.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in which you had to have a difficult conversation with a co-worker   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Cook Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ARAMARK.

very professional interview process. I felt very comfortable being questioned by a very friendly chef named Shawn. He never talked down to me or made me feel stupid. (even when I answered wrong) he simply said well, how about this answer...

Interview Questions
    • a lot of measurement questions. for example how many quarts in a gallon etc.   View Answer
    with no educational background I started at minimum wage. but it wasn't long before I was promoted and my salary was increased significantly.

Accelerate to Leadership Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ARAMARK.

I found out about the company through an on campus career fair. I gave them a copy of my resume and I got an email the next day asking to set up a phone interview. I had my phone interview within a week. After the phone interview I received an email asking me to fly to PA for the final round of interviews. They pay for everything and there were about 75 students interviewing with me. The whole day is very organized and you will receive a schedule that lets you know when your two, 30 minute interviews are. They will ask you repeatedly what line of business you want to go in and if you are willing to relocate. Do your research and answer honestly because they WILL relocate you. Come prepared with about 10 questions to ask them. 5 for each interview. Lastly, spend some time networking with the other students and spend some time touring Philly!! I got a call about two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your dream job?
      What makes you a good leader?
      What line of business are you interested in?

Answer Question
    No negotiations. They are very firm with their offer.

Acceleration II Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ARAMARK.

I first interviewed at my college campus. Then about a week later I recieved an email about being accepted to attend the A2L final round assessment. They paid for my travel and hotel room, then the next morning their was food and an information session detailing the job description and where you will be placed if you get the job. After the info session ended there were two thirty minute interviews with 10 minutes in between each. The first was mostly behavioral and situational questions, while the second interview dealt with where I would like to be located, a couple behavioral questions, then mostly me asking questions about ARAMARK and the A2L program.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had mediate a dispute, either at work or in a group project   Answer Question

Accelerate to Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ARAMARK.

After speaking with several employees at an on-campus information session, I became very interested in applying. After supplying a resume, I signed up for a first round interview with someone who was very nice. I was then invited to a second round interview in Philadelphia at their headquarters, and there were almost 200-300 other students there also. This time I interviewed with 2 sets of 2 people, about the same material. They were also very personable and I had a lot of fun.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me mostly about myself and my resume, what interested me, my coursework, and what I saw myself doing later on. There were no surprises or out of the ordinary questions.   Answer Question