ARAMARK

Relevance Date Difficulty

Support Engineer Interview

Support Engineer
Leeds, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview Details Via agency. Salary is good (but not brilliant) for tech industry. Not too many benefits given. 3-4 working days for 1st interview. 10 days to 2nd interview. Felt welcomed in reception both times, always asked if coffee/water was required. Friendly company which felt very professional. Offices are modern with decent facilities. Interviews Face-face in office with 2 people each time. Open+refreshingly down to earth conversations had at all times. Easily felt welcomed and comfortable. They use a soft approach with some probing questions at times but nothing aggressive. Was ssked to define the role in my own words for second interview and explain what I'd need in the 1st month to get the job done. No tests or specific technical questions but think they could easily tell if candidates were pulling wool over their eyes.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or difficult in either interview   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK in May 2011.

Interview Details You will have a phone interview with a company recruiter. You will be asked about what you know about Aramark. Why you want to work for Aramark. What you like about your current role.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with Budget and projection.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was ok with the offer.

Food Prep, Cook, Server, Cashier Interview

Food Prep, Cook, Server, Cashier
Parsippany, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK in October 2011.

Interview Details I applied for the job through a website (snagajob) and was promptly called 2 days later. I was asked to come in for an interview within a week. I met, and interviewed with, the executive chef. After the interview I was told by the executive chef that I was hired on the spot and would start within a couple of weeks.

Interview Question – There were no questions that were really difficult or unexpected. All the questions were straightforward and the process was fast. I was asked why I wanted to work there, what I expected to accomplish in my time there and how I would react to different situations.   Answer Question

Lead Cook Interview

Lead Cook

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ARAMARK in February 2010.

Interview Details The overall interview was of great conception but what you thought would be a great place to work is so much more different than what you were told. During the course of the interview and the walk around the place where currently employed was more than it was cracked up to be. What i assumed would be a great place to work is now a place where I hate to be but have to survive so deal with all the issues and most of all foolishness from the management team. They have what we call their picks and chooses on the people working certain days, hours, and the times instead of using the most qualified person for the job. I think what I was told or shown on the interview is nothing like the workplace that I am working in.

Interview Question – It was more of what I assumed to be a behavior test with some of the most challenging questions on how to handle or how would you handle certain situations. Trying to answer to the best of your ability and being able to handle some of the situations was difficult but a part of everyday living.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable. Accepted what was offered and tried to make the best out of it. I think with the years of experience one have the pay should be based on that.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Purchasing Agent
Garland, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ARAMARK in February 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was pretty basic. you get a phone call and sit for the interview. It was a 2 on 1 interview and they asked really basic questions.

Interview Question – there was not a difficult question during the interview   Answer Question

Catering Manager Interview

Catering Manager
West Palm Beach, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ARAMARK in October 2012.

Interview Details It is difficult to get interviewed for management opportunities without already worked for the company previously. Networking is vital to get the nterview. Most of the time, the job is posted very discretely so only those who know about the opportunity will apply, eliminating multiple interviews for management. Minimal re-evaluation after hired.

Interview Question – What are your short term, and long term goals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was difficult. Most managers start off at a base rate

Very Easy Interview

Food Service Worker Interview

Food Service Worker
Mansfield, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ARAMARK in June 2014.

Interview Details Most unusual interview I ever experienced. Repeatedly discouraged from accepting position during interview. For good reason. Wish I had taken interviewer's advice. Unfortunately, I didn't. After about a week, a co-worker told me to run. I took hers. However, I can't say I wasn't sufficiently warned ahead of time. Live and learn.

Interview Question – Really can't remember any challenging questions. Obviously low expectations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Cut and dry-no negotiations. Take it or leave it. Waited a long time to take drug test due to a lack of paperwork. Company seemed very disorganized, at least at this location.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Cincinnati, OH (US)

Interview Details 3 interviews. Excellent treatment.tour of facilities. Answered my questions. Caring and made me feel like I belonged. Understood my history and gave me a chance. A great experience and I highly recommend it to everyone

Interview Question – About my experiences   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was in range

Cash Handler/Teller Interview

Cash Handler/Teller
Nashville, TN (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ARAMARK in May 2014.

Interview Details After completing application in person at facility (job fair), received callback to come in for interview at facility during ongoing job fair. Dept managers talked to applicants to determine compatibility and make conditional offer upon clearing background check. Call back a few days later w/ offer.

Interview Question – No difficult questions at all, managers simply making determination if one has had experience in area. If you show up for interview, orientation and first day you are on board! Hiring dept managers utilize application and resume to ask pertinent questions and get to know you generally.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation option

Very Difficult Interview

Executive Chef Interview

Executive Chef
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ARAMARK.

Interview Details Phone interview, then in person interview a week later. In Person interview was the most intense I've ever had. 6 higher ups sat in and asked me non-stop questions about literally everything.

Interview Question – Asked me to explain in detail the finances of the current restaurant I'm at.   Answer Question

Worked for ARAMARK? Contribute to the Community!