ASDA Interview Questions

2.4

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Llanelli, Wales
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Llanelli, Wales

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASDA.

Two stages to the interview process, group interview and one on one. Usually done on the same day.
    The group interview consists of 3 groups being given a challenge, the outcome of the challenge has no input into who gets a job, but the contribution and your behaviour in the challenge is a factor

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, just about experience and customer service. Asda is very customer service focused   Answer Question
    There was no negotiations. I was taken on as a seasonal worker and eventually offered a full time contract. The hours I was able to work were determined once I'd been offered a position

Store Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ASDA in June 2014.

After applying online I had to complete 2 maths and English tests. Then a week or so later I was invited to a group interview, there was about 20 of us with the session lasting about an hour. We were first asked to introduce ourselves to the person next to us and then relay that information back to that group. After this we were divided into separate groups and told we had to make a tower out of straws, competing against each other, the session was then over and we were told we would hear back within 24 hours.

One week later they finally called back and organised an interview, this was very laid back with fairly standard questions, past experience etc etc. We also discussed available hours and what position I would like to work in.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of bad customer service?   View Answer

Store Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ASDA.

You apply online, you will be approached by a member of HR, an interview in arranged with a group of around 15 of you. Some will be adults teenagers and students its a real cross section of society. you do some group work where you are being watched, then watch some safety videos and general intro stuff (very basic), you are then have a 1:1 interview with a middle manager and a store walk round. The atmosphere is relaxed

Customer Service Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ASDA.

magic session-everyone in a room interacting together doing different tasks,we had to make a building out of spaggetti & marsh mellows then explain what we had made,what we was named ,what we were selling ect..

Checkout Operator Interview

asda magic session, volunteer work within the store (usually stock work eg filling shelves/ clearing up) & finally a one to one interview (generally with one of the store managers but could also be with a long term employee)

Interview Questions
    • 1) why do you want to work for asda? 2) what can you do for them? 3) why should they hire you? 4) what would you purtchase from the store and why?   View Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ASDA in March 2014.

I applied online through the Asda website, completed the online application form - which was multiple choice questions. Within a week, I was invited via email to an 'Asda Magic' recruitment event.

There were 15 candidates at the event. At 25 I was the 2nd oldest there as most of them were students or school leavers. We were all taken to a room with chairs and tables in and on each table there was paperwork with a name badge on top of it, we had to find our name and so were randomly placed - which was a shame as I was getting on well with one of the girls but we were separated. There were 3 tables - 5 candidates per table.

We were told to find out about the person next to us and 3 interesting facts about them and they were told to find out 3 interesting things about us - so it would be good to think of some things beforehand. We then had to tell the rest of the group what we'd found out.

Next we had to work with the rest of our table. The managers brought a bag with 3 items in (1 per table), we had to randomly select an item and were expected to sell it to the managers. We were given 15 minutes to get a presentation/sales pitch together. The items ranged from car air fresheners to shaving gel. Everyone is expected to speak in the presentation and participate in the planning of it. Our presentation was pretty naff but it doesn't matter how rubbish it is as its all about how well you work together - thats what you are assessed on, so don't sit quietly in the corner... listen to others in your group and talk to them.

After the presentations we filled out some paperwork and 'had a go' on the shop floor. We just had to pull stock forward on the shelves and put misplaced stock in right place. We also had to help a customer somehow, so keep an eye out for customers struggling to decide on something or trying to reach something etc and approach them asking if you can help.

Finally, we had a one-on-one interview - which was absolutely fine. I was really nervous for this but the questions were simple and easy to answer - for example - What would need to happen for you take the day off work? I just looked at the interviewer blankly thinking 'is he expecting me to say something like a natural disaster or a major illness?' He must have caught on to my puzzled look as he said "For example, would you take the day off if you had cold?" I said I wouldn't stay off for cold, but I would stay off if I had a sickness bug in case I infected my colleagues or was sick in the store.

The interview lasted about 5-10 mins. I also noticed while he was writing my responses that he was scoring my answers. The numbers were 1-4 and he kept scoring me a 3. On the last page I saw that 3 meant 'Would recommend for this role'.

And that was it!! They respond within 48 hours whether you're successful or not and I was offered the job!

Interview Questions
    • There were 2 questions I struggled to answer on the spot. First was: "Tell me about the best piece of customer service you have ever given?" and the second:, "What do you dislike about working in a team?"   View Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowestoft, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowestoft, England

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at ASDA.

Hired at startup of new store - started as Photography Section leader but moved to driver as a choice after 4 years in store.

Interview Questions
    Easy, they need good staff

Shft Manager Interview

off the wall, competence no barrier to employment

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most difficult emotional experience   View Answer
    easy straight to top dollar, pay scales are low though, they cannot negotiate, if want you
    put a gun to their heads

ASDA Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ASDA.

The interview process is an "Asda Magic" event, where about 10 to 15 potential colleagues are invited to a recruitment event. The interviewees are observed by about 4 existing colleagues and managers on their suitability for the company. The beginning part mostly consists of breaking into pairs and finding out about eachother, then presenting information. Following this the interviewees are split into groups and asked to do a task such as a poster for a product or an advert for example. The shortlisted colleagues are later contacted and asked back for a mini interview.

Interview Questions
    • As it is all about personality it is hard to prepare. There are no real questions to answer. personality is the most important thing.   Answer Question
    There was barely any negotiation. They offer you certain hours but there isn't much room to change these.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ASDA in August 2013.

1. assesment centre , 2. Presentation - Journey.

quite straight forward