AT&T

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details Applied in November. Got interview in early December and an offer within a week. Interview was with 2 head managers.

Interview Question – Interview questions were simple IT questions like what is ping, ifconfig, osi model, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details Applied online, received an email and phone call asking me to come in for an interview.
Arrived on-site, was given a brief tour and then two back to back interviews (one technical and one personal). Both interviews were very standard.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Expect a brain teaser or two and maybe a leadership/management type question. Questions seemed to be selected from a pool of commonly asked questions, so you will very likely be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate days/hours worked. They were very flexible, as all the interns were first or second years in college.

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details 3 people interview, I think they need a project manager instead of the engineer. one of them, I think he is the hiring manager. He asked a lot of questions. but the questions are not that hard. I think I answered them very well. I don't want this job because I don't think it is an engineer position.

Interview Question – Three strengths and one weakness
 why are you interested in this program
What do you know about AT&T
Why do you want to work for AT&T What interests you in a career
  Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2012.

Interview Details HR was a bit slow and inefficient but they eventually took care of me in a professional and courteous manner. Interview questions were pretty standard. Interviewer was a much more experienced employee but still understood the situation of an entry-level job seeker. The interview could really be more of a 2-way conversation if you want it to be, as opposed to a traditional interview.

Interview Question – How would you visually represent a problem you had to solve?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everything was through email and pretty intuitive.

Dallas, TX (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at AT&T in April 2011.

Interview Details Very laid back

Interview Question – There was noting out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!