AT&T Interview Questions

Updated 18 May 2015
1,658 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

I was contacted through Linked In and asked to apply. I was told that on paper I was the strongest candidate being put forward. I was told to expect a competency based interview (which I prepared for) but it was only an informal interview. I was told that I interviewed very well and was confident in my answers but that I was not going to be progressed. I asked for feedback as to why this was but so far nothing has come back. The overall feeling I got was that they didn't know what they wanted. Waste of my time.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Applied online. They sent an online assessment (personality test) which I sent back. Next week I got an email to schedule a phone interview. Typical behavioral questions--nothing too hard. The final interview was pretty difficult. It was a role play and I was caught off guard a little. Make sure you prepare.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you adapted to a change in the workplace.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Ashland, KY (US)).

Interview

You start by applying online and a quick online test. A day or two later you get a call trying to schedule you for a phone group interview thats just a quick recap of the job. Then they will schedule you for a onsite test consisting of a call center simulation on a computer and some math questions. You have to do a drug test. A background test. Then Finally a onsite manager will interview you.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about how you handled different situations related to work: "difficult customers, manager you dont like, etc."   Answer Question

Interview

Hiring process was good sent in resume took online test did really well with the phone interview and had an interview with store manager and that's where it went all down hill set up store interview had to find day care for my little one get to the store and waited for about 30 min to be told that she needed to reschedule cause she wasn't going to be there no call to me before hand that was understandable if there was something going on I reschedule interview for a time more convenient for her have the interview thought it went well and never heard a yes or a no or not even an email stating I wasn't going good to be hired and that was over 3 weeks now

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AT&T (Ocala, FL (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took the assessment at the same time I did my application and resume. I received an email asking if I was interested in the next step which was a face-to-face interview. I went in for my interview on a Monday and received a call on Thursday saying I had been selected. I received an email shortly after the phone call asking me to complete a background check and a second email with drug testing information. I took my drug screen on Friday and am waiting for them send me my offer package.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview was really good. Well it was in a mall and the guy was really really chill.. Haven't gotten the job yet but I'm hoping to but from the interview I can say that att is a company ya won't regret working for.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Interview

Training is six weeks. Basic interview questions. Training is usually Monday thru Friday but after training it is highly unlikely that you will be working that same shift. Most will work a later shift.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of the way for a customer.   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Interview

This interview was for a promotion within AT&T. The format was a panel interview with my future peers and the hiring manager. The Director of Sales sat in on the interview and intervened with a question time from time. Follow up with hiring manager within a week.

Business Sales and Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Newark, NJ (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly simple. I was emailed back about doing the online assessment after I applied and I was only given 48 hours to do this. Once I completed it I was told to contact my college recruiter when it was done. She then invited me to join an online information session about the program and the company. After I did the information session she emailed me about setting a date and time for my face to face FaceTime interview. She asked basic questions about me and my experiences and why I wanted to work for the company. I think if you know this program is what you want to do this interview will go alot smoothly because your not making up things your really telling the truth. Her facetime was acting up so we finished the interview on a regular call. At the end of this call she told me that she wanted me to move on the the third and final part of the process which was a role play assessments.

You can choose to do a video chat role play or a phone call. I chose the phone call only because they give you 30 min to review the information given but it is still available during the role plays and you don't want the person seeing you go through the notes. There were two role plays. 1 was a prospective customer that you had to pitch a sale to the other customer was an angry customer and you have to resolve their issue. Pretty simple. I messed up on one of the role plays and I was freaking out but don't freak out they just want to make sure you know how to sell and how to handle yourself under those situations. Had the role play assessment on Friday and was called that Monday about an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me 3 reasons we should pick you for the program over other people.   Answer Question

BSLDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T (Baltimore, MD (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Went to Atlanta In March for vacation and I heard about the program, Once i got back to Baltimore. I applied and iI received an email stating that i was selected to take the assessment which I did the same Day. Maybe about a week later I received an email saying that I was selected for the face to face Skype interview. I was very nervous. I didn't really understand the job description while watching the powerpoint version of the information session. But once i was on the interview she explained it to me better and i was all hears. Once the face to face interview was over she immediately said I was moving on to the next part of the interview.
            I just completed the last step which is the role play and Iet's just say that part was The hardest part. I have dealt with new customers all the time but never over the phone i am more of a visual person. I have worked for Apple and I can sell a Macbook to someone who has never heard of Apple. I would be surprised if they accept me i did terrible and I was nervous...Good Luck to everyone reading this and doing this interview process.