AT&T

Updated Sep 15, 2014
1,337 Interview Reviews

2.7

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Applied online and received a email one week later to complete an online assessment. After completing the online assessment I received a call from the HR 3-4 weeks later. The call was very informative towards the hours, location and more in depth about the position and also to schedule a interview the following day at the corporate location.
    I arrived at the interview the next day 45 min and was then greeted by the clerk who then directed me to the lobby where I was then directed to the interview room. The interviewer informed me that he was conducting a "Blitz" interview where he wanted to ask as much about me and my past experience in a shorter time period. There weren't any questions which really caught me off guard, just basic questions asking about my past work experience, education, career goals, and what keeps me motivated. He then gave me more information regarding the RSC, hours, company information, what is to be expected, and lastly gave me a chance to ask questions. At the end of the interview he informed me that if I was selected to move forward that I would hear something with the next 3-4 business days. However I received a phone call the very next day to conduct a final face-to-face interview the following day at the store location which I applied at.
    When I arrived at the final interview I was a little nervous but once I began speaking to the store manager I was at ease and more comfortable. The manager just went over my resume, asked questions about my sales experience and surprisingly did not ask any scenario questions. They had me shadow a store employee for about 45 min to see how well I fit in and interacted with the customers. I left that interview feeling confident but unsure at the same time and a week and a half later I received a phone call to extend a offer. Being that I am a recent college graduate, I kinda expected a higher start pay but with the bonuses, commissions, and yearly raises I am very satisfied to be working for this company.

No negotions

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

apply online, do assessments, phone interview with recruiter, 1 on 1 with the hiring lead at the corporate offices then 2 days later 1 on 1 with the store manager. now just waiting for final decision

Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sarasota, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

Applying here is a "black hole" ! I got my 1st. response after 4 years & 20 online applications later!!
    This is a really long & drawn out process which seems endless (like they don't care about you, just their profits). They ignore you until they get around to you.

SCM SME Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at AT&T in January 2010.

Few Rounds of technical Interview with Specific Skill request
    Be prepared to answer Oracle setup related questions and customizations you did in past
    Be Prepared to understand interview questions in foreign Accent

Interview Questions
    • Do you know to run and write SQL statement and Scripts   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate

Small Business Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in November 2010.

Lengthy application process. I felt the interview wasn't going well, so as the interviewer was walking me to the elevator I said, "Is there something I could have done better or maybe I said the wrong thing because I just don't feel like this interview is going like it should, and I know I can do this job."

Interview Questions
    • If someone told you they didn't want what you were selling, what would you do?   Answer Question

Wire Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AT&T.

Lengthy hiring process. It took about a month and a week to get hired on. I took the assessment and found out that I was qualified. I then went to a recruiting event at a local hotel which just happened to be the same day as my assessment. I was hoping that this would expedite the interview process, which it did. My interview was very short since it was conducted at a hiring event. I thing my case was a bit uncommon; the interviews are usually longer than the 10 minute one that I had.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all very standard and I was not asked many since my interview was so short. If you Google common interview questions then you will likely find every question that I was asked online somewhere.   Answer Question
    I topped out for this position so there was no room for negotiation. I have heard that even if you do not start out at top pay, there is not much room to negotiate your salary.

Customer Support Specialist/CSS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

I applied online Aug. 9th which includes a 2 hour assessment (of customer service skills , data entry, typing, personality and reading maps ) on Aug. 13th got an email stating I'm still in the running . On Aug. 16th got an email to call and schedule an interview with the CSS manager ( interview was scheduled for that Monday Aug. 18th. Interview lasted about 45 Min. Which consisted of the STARs Method . On Aug. 20th received a tentative offer letter pending a background check and drug screening (I took the next day which was Aug. 21st) via HireRight (they verify your last 5 years of employment and 10 years for background ) I had to submit w-2 because my previous employer charged for my employment verification that process took about 3 days (includes send them my w-2s ) . Then on Aug. 28 I received my official offer letter and welcome letter with my start date.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question , just relax and be very honest .   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate after experience and skill were verified .

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

Applied online. Took a personality survey. Phone call two days later. Interview at an att location with a hiring manager. 2nd interview with a Store manager. 3rd interview with a regional manager all in the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. Why do you want this job? How will your talents benefit At&t? Typical situational questions   Answer Question
    Easy negotiation. Managed to get 1.50 more hourly than originally offered. Prior retail experience and a bachelor's degree helped.

Small Business Solutions Representative Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at AT&T in February 2013.

Very long process, after the initial computer assessment then after the 3 phone interviews that were done and the 1 on 1 interview, finally after getting all of the documents that they needed to prove who I was, finally I got a letter welcoming me to AT&T.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chula Vista, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chula Vista, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

The 1st interview is difficult because the hiring manager acts like he really isn't interested in you. He may ask you if you have any questions and after you ask and they answer them, He'll ask "Are you done?" Very odd interview techniques but none the less gets to your head

NO NEGOTIATION

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!