AT&T

Updated 26 Feb 2015
1,531 Interview Reviews

2.7

Lead/Senior Human Resources Data Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

I was contacted through Linked In and asked to apply. I was told that on paper I was the strongest candidate being put forward. I was told to expect a competency based interview (which I prepared for) but it was only an informal interview. I was told that I interviewed very well and was confident in my answers but that I was not going to be progressed. I asked for feedback as to why this was but so far nothing has come back. The overall feeling I got was that they didn't know what they wanted. Waste of my time.

Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

The process was quick, about a month in total. The area manager does first round interviews focused more on past experiences and situation questions. Second round interviews are done with a director. He will focus more on philosophy of your management and accountability strategies. They are looking for leaders. So have a lot of answers ready around that.

Interview Questions
    • What is your vision for the store? What areas do you see the store needs the most improvement in and how would you change it. What areas is the store doing well in? How do you hold teams accountable?   View Answer

U-Verse Premises Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

Apply online, took assessment test online which qualifies you to take a written test at the location itself.
    Get there to take the test, find over a dozen other people waiting to take the same test. After passing they show you a couple videos. A few managers talk to you before they bring you back for a one on one.

Was surprised to hear the field managers cursing to the group, after all this is an interview process. Was even more surprised when they asked "how many of you have reviewed AT&T online?" A few raise their hands. Next they ask "did you see all the negative comments? Well, they are true." What amazed me, they seemed proud that former employees were posting negative reviews. Even more astonishing was when they started bashing former employees. Can't say I was eager to interview after that since being professional isn't a strong suite with them.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at AT&T.

Typical interview questions. Asked a lot about sales techniques. I think they liked how I talked about my experience in conveying value quickly and efficiently to the consumer. Having previous sales experience was probably the most important thing, besides already knowing a couple employees (including the manager).

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to apply for a job here?   View Answer

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

IT TAKES SO LONGGGG just to get an interview. I got a response from Verizon from before At&T. I thought it would have been the other way around. I heard they were a great company work for.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

It was a regular interview with the questions such as tell me about yourself and others like that. Interviewer was very easy going and I had a good experience, moved to the next hiring process the next day with a conditional offer, from the recruiter and was promised a employment based on a background check and drug screen.

Wire Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AT&T.

Will be emailed to take a test at a Pearson testing center, will get a call to screen for any kind of knowledge ( this is to decide your starting pay)

AT&T Associate Applications Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

The interview was with a manager and 2 employees already in the program. There questions were behavioral based and technical exam. My advice to anyone apply is to be able to thoroughly talk about your resume and projects. Make sure you can explain object oriented programming well. Also be ready to code. Be prepared and look back over some notes.

I gave a neutral rate because they failed to follow up like they said in the interview and did not forward my information to the other locations.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AT&T.

It went by pretty quick. After I applied online the process took 2 weeks until I took my assessment test. Then they scheduled me for an in-person interview 1 week after I took my test. The interview was straight forward. 10 questions (customer service related/sales related). Basically the typical what would you do in certain situation type questions. Then we did some role playing. Basically he was playing the customer and I was the representative and I'm suppose to make a sale to the customer. The interview was about 45 mins long.

Wire Technician - Georgia Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at AT&T.

After successfully passing the mechanical aptitude test, I was asked to attend the RJP. I travelled a little over an hour to the RJP:Interview. Upon arrival, two managers from seperate area crews have us the gist of the job. They painted the job description with a "doom and gloom" view. Long hours, working in the elements etc. Afterwords they described the various benefits of working with AT&T. Then began the one on one interviews.

All the questions were basic interview questions. IMO, they look for how you handle yourself in certain situations, under stress, and how you solve problems.
    Also, they don't necessarily look for people with technical work experience, but of course it's a huge plus. Also the same can be said of possessing customer service skills.
    Don't freak out. Just be yourself and be confident.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.

* I am currently awaiting response from my RJP.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a great obstacle you've faced. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to learn/use specidic saftey skills?   View Answer