AT&T

Getting the Interview

1,147 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and filled out their assessment test. Received a call 2 weeks later from the HR staffing who asked a few questions and scheduled me for a 1 on 1 with the Hiring Manager. She asked me a lot of scenario questions from my previous jobs. They like using the STAR method. After the interview, I was asked to have an interview with the store manager the following week.

Second interview with the store manager went well. Just basic questions about selling and what great customer service is. He scheduled me an interview with the area sales manager the following day. The head honcho really grilled me, but she was also very informative about the company. She asked also the basic questions about selling, customer service, etc. I was asked to sell her something. Be sure to ask questions after the interview. They want to know that you're interested in the company. After the third interview, she said the hiring manager is away on vacation but she will get back to me in 2 weeks. Since everything went well, I waited for the call.

After a month of interviews and waiting, I got a call from HR staffing of a conditional offer granted background check and drug test cleared. Did all that within 72 hours and 3 days later got an official email that everything cleared and when my training will start.

Sometimes you have to be patient. The whole process takes about a month if not more. AT&T doesn't really update your online application status as often as you think they do. Most often the managers you interviewed with will give you their business cards. You should follow up by emailing them a thank you note for the interview. That gives you brownie points. If you don't hear back, you can always call HR or the store manager to follow up.

Good luck to all!

Interview Question – My pet peeve is when people are late. Would you say you're late a lot?
Why AT&T and not some other company?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate since I got a reasonable offer. I heard pay ranges from $12-16. It all depends on experience. You get more if you're bilingual and have a college degree.

Wire Service Technician Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AT&T in March 2013.

Interview Details i completed a test I went into Realistic Job preview where the job was explained to me . I was callled in a room and asked 5 very simple questions . I never heard from them

ATT Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Emeryville, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

Interview Details Attended an online session for hiring in the Bay Area in California. Set up an appointment for the interview for today, April 21 at the Hyatt House in Emeryville, CA. I completed the application some time ago online as they suggest. So today after waiting quite awhile I talk to one of managers. His computer was slow to log on. After he finally got logged on he tells me that I didn't pass the assessment that I took. What a shock. He did ask me two questions. We also had a discussion about the fact that I do not have any recent sales experience. The bottom line here is that he entered a status of NQ (not qualified). He gave me no explanation. He just dismissed me.

Interview Question – First question asked about my association with technology and what I knew about the position of a Retail Sales Consultant for ATT. Second question was about how I would answer the objection of a customer who only wants a simple phone to upgrade to something more.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AT&T in January 2012.

Interview Details interview was weird. you had to many mgrs in the first interview

Interview Question – how many sales can you make in a week.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – listen and see if it makes sense

Wire Technician Interview

North Charleston, SC (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2014.

Interview Details This is going as best as time permits. The slow responses have to do with the recruiters not getting back to the applicants in a timely manner(post testing/assessments/drug screens/medical/background). Are they overwhelmed or is no other person assigned to cover for their absences?

Interview Question – Explain how you resolved a problem from a customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everything were spelled out prior to the offer. There is no reason to negotiate. You have the option to withdraw at every stage of the process so, at the end it is either yes or no.

Service Technician Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2013.

Interview Details Between the testing, medical testing, "real job preview" aka interview, etc. It can be a bit cumbersome but it's worth it.

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation since it's a union position.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I interviewed at AT&T in October 2011.

Interview Details Phone call/in-person interview on campus with recruiter. Then in-person/phone call interview with someone who went through the program already. Final round is a case study presentation but i didn't make it there. I actually got on to the 3rd round but they had filled up all the spots by then.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Leveraged Service Representative Interview

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T.

Interview Details Pretty easy, ask you a lot of sales and what have will you do situations

Interview Question – Name a time when a customer did not want to buy your product and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in February 2013.

Interview Details Was seemless and professional and the staff was awesome!

Negotiation Details – Be professional and keep a postive attitude and be polite at all times.

Account Executive Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in April 2010.

Interview Details Very thorough interview process including a two day assessment, phone interview, one on one interview, then a group interview. Then the drug test and background check.

Interview Question – Why is the most important thing you would improve about yourself and how would you do it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation. There was a base salary plus commission. The benefits are very good especially the health care coverage and tuition reimbursement plan.

Interviews for Top Jobs at AT&T

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!

AT&T Videos

AT&T – Why Work for Us?

At AT&T, our passion to serve extends beyond our customers to our employees. Our people have helped to make us the No. 1 communications company in the world, and in return, we work hard to maintain our competitive… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AT&T interview questions and advice. All 1,147 interview reviews are posted anonymously by AT&T employees and interview candidates.