AT&T

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,312 interviews

2.7

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Lansing, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at AT&T in June 2010.

Was hired in as full time sales after completing a 4 month summer greeter position. Interview consisted of first meeting with in store manager, with a few questions about intentions of employment. Followed up by an interview with regional manager of midwest region. As my sales experience was non existent, interview consisted of basic sales questions and did not involve conversation about wage negotiation.

Associate Director Interview

The process was efficient and timely. Interview was standard. nothing tricky or creative. The job was accurately described.
    I was asked to interview and the interview was completed within two weeks on a single day.
    I had most of my communication with the actual hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    Simple, polite back and forth.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2014.

I first applied online and immediately completed the online test. Within passing this, I received a call from a staffing person about 3 days later. (I first applied on Friday, I received this call on a Monday). Unlike others, this was not a phone interview, she simply just asked me when I would be available to meet with the hiring manager. About a week later I met with the hiring manager at a corporate office. This interview last 10-15 minutes. Just went over my resume and was asked about how I deal with difficult customers, what selling techniques do I use, etc. I was also asked what phone I currently have in this interview. I was really unsure of if I would move forward or not because the interviewer showed very little emotion. I was told that i would know if I was selected to move forward by looking online and viewing my job submission status. If it said "not considering you at this time.," then obviously you were not selected.

About an hour later my status updated telling me I was still in the running for the position. 2 days later , on a sunday the store manager called me to set up an interview for later that week. At this interview, I again went through my resume, my selling techniques and my goals in life. I was told about the job and was asked if I was up for challenge. At the end of the interview, He thanked me for my time and that was it.

5 days later, I got a call from the recruiter giving me a contingent offer that would be finalized after I completed my background check through hireright and drugtest.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last criticism you got from a previous boss ?   View Answer
    No negotiating. Was offered. $14.50 for pay plus commission.

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in June 2014.

I sent in my resume and filled out application online. I got a call from HR about a week later. They game me a phone interview and then set up an interview with the regional manager. On my interview day the manager was running late so I had to wait a bit.

Interview Questions
    • nothing surprising just give bs answers that they want to hear and you'll be ok   Answer Question

I didn't go to school to end up selling cell phones.

Premesis Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in August 2014.

While applying online, you are given a long personality questionnaire (with many questions about honesty, business ethics, morals, etc). If you answer all that correctly, you are asked to come in for a (group) skills test.

The are very strict about you needing to be on time for the appointment ("one minute late and you'll be turned away"), yet after getting there on time, they make you wait for 30 minutes or more until they get their stuff together.

The test covers basic technical thinking, logic, following instructions, etc.

If you pass that test, you then go through a group "job overview" where they explain things like:

You have to go through ten weeks of out-of-town training (Dallas, Houston, etc)
    If you are late for any reason by one minute more than once, then you'll probably be fired.
    For the first 6 months, you have to accept the schedule they give you - no sick days, work holidays, no change request, etc - no exceptions.

After this, you are given a quick 4-question, one-on-one, interview.

They ask how you handle irate customers, and how you overcome obstacles, etc

If you do well in the interview, they contact you a few days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you face a challenge and explain how you overcame it   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at AT&T.

Applied to a couple of locations and either no answer or rejected. Finally attended a local Hiring Event hosted by AT&T and dressed to the nines, prepared an impressive resume and came confident, knowing the ins and outs of the job description, its responsibilities and an adequate amount of knowledge about the company.

Arrived early at the location, and impressed the set of two managers at each table. Several locations wanted me, but I was thrown into the two-panel managers in a closer location to my home. The managers kept asking questions about my work ethic, knowledge into the business, and why the career switch. They did not ask me to sell them anything, but did ask me what salesmanship abilities do I have that will generate profit and income for the company.

Pay is great but can always be greater depending on your subjective needs. If you can sell well and know how to convince people to gain products then this career is good to love and grow. In the end I accepted because I was done with my old chosen career and this is the new door for me in the new chapter of my life. Hiring takes four weeks. Online application, Character/Personality assessment/ In person Interview, Optional Foreign Language test, Hiring job offer call, Background Check, Drug Test, Hiring call and then training.

Interview Questions
    • How did you generate profit for your previous employer and in what way was it effective?   View Answer
    No negotiation. AT&T salary is defined as a union job, accordingly it has perks and benefits in commission and potential for raise or promotion but nothing negotiable at first hire.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AT&T in July 2012.

I was first contacted by an hiring manager and went through the initial interviewed. Then I proceeded to a second interview with a Store manager. After a week of my second interview a third manager contacted me with the offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions. I wasn't asked anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I was called a week after the interviewed and the offered was made and I accepted.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AT&T in March 2014.

I knew someone internally who referred me to a hiring manager for the position I was interested in. I applied online and received an interview request 2 weeks later. I set up an appointment for a phone interview which happened 1 week after getting an interview request. The phone call went very smooth. 2 weeks after the interview, I received an offer. From submission of application to acceptance of offer, it took 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the main characteristics you believe a leader should have?   Answer Question

AT&T Mobility RSC Interview

step 1: online assessment that you have to pass to get a call for the hiring interview.
    step 2: interview with hiring manager at corporate office which if you pass would lead to the interview with a store manager.
    step 3: interview with store manager at either the location you are being hired for or to be sent to another location.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather work in a team or individually? Why?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

in person interview with several people. received a phone call soon after that i was hired and started training right away. it was not a difficult interview process. majority of the question asked were plain and easy to answer. if you know mobile you can land it easily

Interview Questions

Worked for AT&T? Contribute to the Community!