AXA Advisors

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Two in-house interviews. Interview questions were very straightforward, nothing out of the norm. First interview was more focused on interviewer explaining more about Axa and its products. In the second interview I was asked to present a business plan in regards to what my target market would be and how I was going to meet the initial commission hurdle

Interview Questions
  • How does Axa's products differ in respect to those of big investment banks such B of A?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AXA Advisors

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2015.

3 mins only. Spoke to a VP. Sales only. He is honest and said sales depends on personality. He said he is not good at numbers and would like to communicate. We did not waster our time, which is good, except the time I went there.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2015.

Originally, I was told the interview process was in three parts but it was abbreviated to two. My point of contact was a mentor that I would work with, if I was to join the firm. Meeting first with my potential mentor and an intern, I then met again with my mentor and the marketing specialist. My third meeting was to be with branch management, but that was eliminated to expedite the process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2015.

First spoke on the phone briefly to schedule an interview. Currently on the second interview which is in a week. The first interview was pretty straight forward and it went well. I told the vice president my ideas and about myself.

Interview Questions
    • Did not ask any. We just had a conversation to get to know each other, the company, and position   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Who in your family or friends has money? If none, how good are you at cold calling and being an entrepreneur. The interview was really more of management selling me on why I should work there.

Interview Questions
    Had the option to work on 100% commission or 50% commission and a very small base salary.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

Initial communications were by phone and email and I scheduled an interview in early January. The first interview was kind of a screening to make sure that you are well-dressed and gives you an overview of the position. They asked some questions related to work ethic, what I knew about sales, and what I thought of the position. They explained the broad aspects of the position and gave me a background check form that they would review before I was called in again.

The second interview was more in-depth and they explained the training process, support structure, contract options, and the onboarding process.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but they want to know that you have the potential to succeed in a role based mostly on commission.   Answer Question

This particular office gave me the feeling of a pyramid scheme and that I would not reap the total benefits of my work.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Saw my resume through a networking site, and they reached out to me after. Got an interview a few days after applying. The interview was very basic, more of a conversation. Compensation package is a bit odd, so they talked about that a bit. Have to be convincing that you can start your own business.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, more of a conversation than unexpected questions   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AXA Advisors in January 2015.

Firstly give me an telephone to ask me the time for interview. I got the interview 1 week later. Since I am an international student, they said they can't sponsor because that there are 2 company hire the employee. Besides they need some certifications to be well-work for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Since I am an international student, they said they can't sponsor because that there are 2 company hire the employee.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

They came through my school initially. Interview went great, just basic behavioral questions. When I went to their office, it was more in depth. Generally behavioral throughout the process.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

the worst interview that I have been through, they will talk to you on the phone for the first interview, then second interview is to meet up in their office, 1on1 meeting, however, there is not a single constructive question, after that 1 on 1 interview, I was told that they will schedule another interview going over the compensation and benefits to work for them. At the end, I didn't receive any information from them, I email them, no response, I called them, didn't pick up the phone, I left a voice mail, never called back. It was so unprofessional to the point where I don't want to and would never work for them. And the funny thing is, two months later, the same guy who interviewed me previously, called me again for interview!? I guess he didn't remember I was the one that he humiliated two months ago.