AXA Advisors

Average Difficulty
180 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in July 2014.

Interview Details I was asked to take a group interview but it was actually like group chat.
there were 7 interviewers in the group and the advisor took us to a conference room and let us asking him whatever question we wanted.
At the same time, the advisor asked his team to give us small 1 to 1 interview in other small rooms.
they are all really nice. and the questions are really easy.

Interview Question – easy questions: like how much you know about axa? why you choose this position?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details 4 Interviews total, one informational, one one-on-one, another in depth one-on-one talking bigger picture of job details, last one-on-one with President. Very professional and strong follow through with communicating expectations of their candidates.

Interview Question – What would be your target market and how would you go into the community and bring in those clients?

Why do you want to work for AXA?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – High initial start-up costs, commission based pay

New York, NY (US)

I interviewed at AXA Advisors in July 2014.

Interview Details 1st round was all behavior-based questions and very basic getting to know the interviewee on a personal level. 2nd round was similar but discussed job details and compensation. 3rd round is conference call with interviewer discussing more of the job and training.

Interview Question – Trying to keep up with the different potential paths was not easy.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Financial Professional Interview

Financial Professional

I applied through another source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Meet with District Manager who will regale you with the income potential and the joys of running your own practice. VP of branch will brag about the retention percentages of their associates after 4 years being the best in the industry. You should ask what the 1 and 2 years success rates are :)

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations...no salary!

AXA PWM Interview

AXA PWM

I interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2011.

Interview Details Applied through university career website and interviewed with Vice President at NY Office with other candidates.
They presented what AXA does and What they expect to us. and then do the interview separately.

Interview Question – Not much difficult, just explained why I want this position   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Morristown, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied through Career Services at my school. The HR person contacted me for an interview on a Friday Morning. I get there and the person who was supposed to interview me was no where to be found. They looked around for her and they found out she took the day off. They weren't prepared for me. I got interviewed by the Executive Assistant and she was not really familiar with the position, in my opinion. I got no apology and I never followed up because I believe they were unprofessional.

Interview Question – Tell me about your job experience?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details The hiring process consisted of 3 parts: the initial interview, a background check which if you passed the first two you would be called in for a second interview. I did not continue on with my second interview for personal reasons but the initial interview was heavily focused on myself asking questions.

Interview Question – If you had to choose one: Greed or Career   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AXA Advisors in December 2010.

Interview Details Met Manager at a career fair at my university. Had first two interviews with him. First was an introductory interview, the second was heavy on product descriptions. The third was with the branch president and seemed like a bit of a rubber stamp interview. There really isn't a lot of probing in these interviews. They mainly want to see if you have the charisma to sit down in front of clients and lead them in a discussion of their finances.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be an Advisor?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They had a set salary for all people starting in my particular business group. It was take it or leave it.

Financial Sales Assistant Interview

Financial Sales Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details I had a classmate working here and the CFP was looking for another assistant, that's how I was referred to the job. The interview process was pretty lengthy, but it will vary from adviser to adviser. Each of them runs their practice their own way. Make sure you get everything on paper.

Interview Question – What are your goals and how does working here accomplish them?   View Answer

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details Tell you all the great things about AXA and how the company operates. I was told it is a very difficult job and that is exactly what it is. My hiring manager did not pull any punches. Unfortunately he and me are no longer with the company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a financial advisor?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for AXA Advisors? Contribute to the Community!