AXA Advisors

Average Difficulty
174 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Went through 3 rounds of interviews, all face to face. First one was a basic interview to get to know more about the applicant. The second one was more about the job and duties and what will your training will be like. The last interview was about scheduling your licensing and such.

Interview Question – An example that you have failed and figured a way to turn it into a success.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have not declined or accepted yet, still considering the offer.

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details I first applied through my school's career website. Shortly after, I received a phone call from the company, and this is just your basic screening. The next step was the first face-to-face interview, which consists of a basic overview of the job and necessary training/licensing. Following the interview, we set up a second face-to-face for the next week to go into more detail of how your first year(s) would go. If you impress in both interviews, they will offer to start training you. It seems like a very nice work environment, with a "family" feel to it. During the interviews, they did not hide that the first year is a tough, uphill battle that will take a lot of hard work to start making money. This is a job with a high (almost unlimited) ceiling for those that perform well, or it will be one with a low floor and early exit if its not the job for you.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Interview was more of a job and training overview, and at the end, there were a handful of basic personality questions that did not seem to hold much weight in their evaluation of you.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not decline, but I did not accept either. I am currently working to see if this is the right job for me.

Investment Management Interview

Investment Management
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2014.

Interview Details Only one interview in New York City

Interview Question – No. You just need to perform that you like this job, this company.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Akron, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2013.

Interview Details Not very long compared to others in the industry. As a side note the shorter the process the more new hires they go through.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short, standard offering

Oak Brook, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AXA Advisors in March 2014.

Interview Details Was contacted shortly after applying through my university. I came in for an initial interview where I met with the Managing Director. He then wanted me to come up with a marketing plan and return for a follow-up interview the next week. I created my plan, but it was not what he was looking for and told me to come up with AT LEAST 100 people who could be prospective clients and then come back again.

Interview Question – How would you deal with the rejection you would be faced with when first starting out in a financial advisor's position?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in February 2012.

Interview Details Brought you in, wanted to see if you can sell.

Interview Question – Can you sell.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – didn't like the job

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Financial Advisor Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details First you're called in to meet the district manager and go over your resume. Walk the office to show you the empty cubicles. Then are invited to their open house and meet with the manager for a follow up meeting where they go over the compensation structure. You may walk out saying it is a nice package but won't fully understand how. If they write it down on a piece of paper it won't make any sense if you're able to keep it. Before they offer the job, you will meet the executive vice president for a final interview

Interview Question – Not very difficult interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You either get a base salary of $24000 with reduced commission or straight commission and no salary at all.

Financial Advisor Interview Interview

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details Initial interview as very basic, best characteristics and such. Second interview you meet with a VP and discuss pay and other things that don't really matter. Then they have you come back and you get to talk to a couple of advisors that have been there for a while, you can ask them anything you'd like. Then you come in and meet the branch manager. If you get asked back a second time you pretty much are going to get an offer, they just keep you coming back to make it feel like they really care about you and your opiniions.

Interview Question – none, they were all very basic   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Little too uptight feeling for me. I don't want someone peering over my shoulder the entire process. If you need or like someone telling you what to do ALL the time, I would recommend AXA.

Interviewed at AXA Advisors

Interview Details Very easy going, just the location manager and me in his office. Mostly consisted of him explaining the products and services of the company.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Interview Details Multiple step interview process really detailed the position and expectations. They said it would be hard and it was but they also talked about the benefits of the position too. They first went through the things they help clients with, then showed what they actually discuss with their clients in meetings and finally talked about the compensation potential which is huge!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have faced rejection and outline how you handled it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.