AXA Advisors Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clayton, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2014.

They were quick to call after submitting my resume. The interview was with Vice President of the Company. Went over training and what happens after training. Answered all questions and was honest about it being a job that if you want to make money you have to work hard.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. The interview was more of the applicant asking questions to see if it is a good fit.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Went through 3 rounds of interviews, all face to face. First one was a basic interview to get to know more about the applicant. The second one was more about the job and duties and what will your training will be like. The last interview was about scheduling your licensing and such.

Interview Questions
    • An example that you have failed and figured a way to turn it into a success.   Answer Question

I have not declined or accepted yet, still considering the offer.

Financial Advisor Interview

I first applied through my school's career website. Shortly after, I received a phone call from the company, and this is just your basic screening. The next step was the first face-to-face interview, which consists of a basic overview of the job and necessary training/licensing. Following the interview, we set up a second face-to-face for the next week to go into more detail of how your first year(s) would go. If you impress in both interviews, they will offer to start training you. It seems like a very nice work environment, with a "family" feel to it. During the interviews, they did not hide that the first year is a tough, uphill battle that will take a lot of hard work to start making money. This is a job with a high (almost unlimited) ceiling for those that perform well, or it will be one with a low floor and early exit if its not the job for you.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Interview was more of a job and training overview, and at the end, there were a handful of basic personality questions that did not seem to hold much weight in their evaluation of you.   Answer Question

Did not decline, but I did not accept either. I am currently working to see if this is the right job for me.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2014.

It was a campus interview. There were two interviewers but only one of them was asking questions in most of time. There were several behavioral questions, e.g. leadership. They talked about their work and told me that this position is all depending on how I work. There's no based salaries. At the end of the interview they told me the next process would be in NYC but I had never heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you prefer this position instead of accounting positions.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at AXA Advisors in April 2014.

The manager was very helpful. He made the interview go smoothly. Like a chitchat between business to business. I felt less nervous since he's very friendly and thoroughly. The open house career workshop is very helpful and informative. Vice president of the company displaced a vivid demonstration of how and what the company targets. Also, the company will reimburse for tests required for financial advisor need (i.e. Series 66,7, etc).

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer some questions about your target market. From this, the manager will guide you towards your business goal at the company.   Answer Question

Got another job offer.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

First you're called in to meet the district manager and go over your resume. Walk the office to show you the empty cubicles. Then are invited to their open house and meet with the manager for a follow up meeting where they go over the compensation structure. You may walk out saying it is a nice package but won't fully understand how. If they write it down on a piece of paper it won't make any sense if you're able to keep it. Before they offer the job, you will meet the executive vice president for a final interview

Interview Questions
    You either get a base salary of $24000 with reduced commission or straight commission and no salary at all.

Financial Advisor Interview Interview

Initial interview as very basic, best characteristics and such. Second interview you meet with a VP and discuss pay and other things that don't really matter. Then they have you come back and you get to talk to a couple of advisors that have been there for a while, you can ask them anything you'd like. Then you come in and meet the branch manager. If you get asked back a second time you pretty much are going to get an offer, they just keep you coming back to make it feel like they really care about you and your opiniions.

Interview Questions

Little too uptight feeling for me. I don't want someone peering over my shoulder the entire process. If you need or like someone telling you what to do ALL the time, I would recommend AXA.

Financial Advisor Interview

Very easy going, just the location manager and me in his office. Mostly consisted of him explaining the products and services of the company.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Multiple step interview process really detailed the position and expectations. They said it would be hard and it was but they also talked about the benefits of the position too. They first went through the things they help clients with, then showed what they actually discuss with their clients in meetings and finally talked about the compensation potential which is huge!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have faced rejection and outline how you handled it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at AXA Advisors.

Mostly personality questions, they want to know if you want to sell products all day. 4 stage interview, no hard questions throughout any of the stages. They just want to see if you keep coming back for interviews. All smoke and mirros during the process where the hiring manager tempts you with the one success story within the industry and how good and highly ranked his team is.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just say you are willing to work 80 hours a week and want to make a lot of money. Use them for the Series 7 and leave. You will be viewed negatively in the industry if you work for AXA. I know all this through hindsight.   View Answer
    No negotiation. It is a commission only job. Or a very small salary that they tell you is around 45k, but in reality is 2k a month.