AXA Advisors

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

2.3

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

The process was pretty straightforward. I got called on afternoon, we talked a bit about AXA and what I was looking for. We then scheduled a full phone interview, took a little more than an hour, kinda challenging but nothing out of the ordinary, be prepare on what you want out of career. Drove to Houston for an office interview, talked about this position and other basic questions about AXA. Got invited for the final interview and talked more about logistics of job and process. Great people, laughed at my jokes.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me three things you are looking for in a workplace, and don't say any traditional answers."   Answer Question

Couldn't relocate.

Financial Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors.

The first interview was an ordinary behavioral interview with rapid fire questions. It was a day after an on campus recruiting event at the university. Second interview was a group interview in Houston a week later, the regional manager gave a presentation about the company and the candidates were allowed to ask questions at the end. The third and final interview was in the Woodlands with the manager and the recruiting advisor, it was basically a behavioral interview again but now by the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Besides completing college, what are your long term accomplishments?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant - Sales Force Associate Interview

Contacted me and numerous other members of my graduate program offering interviews for financial consultant positions. Pretty typical interview for a pretty typical financial services sales job. Heavily emphasized the "owning your own business" aspect and opportunities for management training and growth. Sounds like you get decent training and some certifications but it is a straight sales job.

Financial Advisor Interview

They do not hire you until you complete all the necessary license requirements including the Series 7 and 66 licenses. You work to obtain the licenses but with no guarantee that you will be employed at AXA.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions really. They are just looking for individuals that will go through the grind of obtaining licenses for 9 months without pay.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AXA Advisors in June 2014.

Applied through Career Services at my school. The HR person contacted me for an interview on a Friday Morning. I get there and the person who was supposed to interview me was no where to be found. They looked around for her and they found out she took the day off. They weren't prepared for me. I got interviewed by the Executive Assistant and she was not really familiar with the position, in my opinion. I got no apology and I never followed up because I believe they were unprofessional.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

6 month prepare for 3 licenses, no basic salary, need find your owe clients, reimbursement only apply after your full time contract signed, and you need to wait 3 month to get those money, retention rate is about 10% for the first 4 yrs

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

I met a recruiter at a career fair through my university. They immediately asked if I would be interested in interviewing. I had three in-person interviews where I met a few members of the team and individuals at various levels. For the final interview I had to prepare a written proposal for my approach to selling their products.

Interview Questions

The commission based salary was not appealing to me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

met at a college recruiting career fair. was called in to set up an interview. Met up with them.

Interview Questions
    • some technical questions. had to define key terms like cash flow, monetary policy, corporate finance etc.   Answer Question

internship was unpaid

Financial Representative Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AXA Advisors in May 2014.

I applied online through my career site. This posting for an unpaid position. The interview process was more of a group interview, where all candidates were made to participate in a group. The position and description sounds good but it does not really hold true to its words. Work to be assigned was about searching for high net worth individuals whom the company could sell their insurance or services

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions except for what kind of work would you like to do. Assist a financial advisor with their daily tasks like copying, printing etc. Not a good option for anyone higher than a freshman or someone who would be looking to work for free   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AXA Advisors.

Went through 3 rounds of interviews, all face to face. First one was a basic interview to get to know more about the applicant. The second one was more about the job and duties and what will your training will be like. The last interview was about scheduling your licensing and such.

Interview Questions
    • An example that you have failed and figured a way to turn it into a success.   Answer Question

I have not declined or accepted yet, still considering the offer.