Abercrombie & Fitch

Getting the Interview

47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details it was very casual, they asked a few simple questions to get to know me better such "use one word to describe your personality". it was very relaxing, just a little pretentious as i heard from the scout that found me that they really just hire depending on your looks.

Interview Question – 3 words that your friends or family would use to describe you   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – the pay was not good enough and i heard their working conditions were poor.

Brighton, England

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2010.

Interview Details 1) Talk to managers inside the store to ask for dates and times of group interview
2) Complete electronic form
3) Call in whenever is best for you for a group interview
4) Questions are really straight forward, you're asked first to fill in a sheet with preferred job/ amount of hours a week etc. then they just go around one by one asking you either to describe the company in your view, how would you describe yourself, how would others describe you, and just overall checking if your talkative and outgoing and they also observe how you interact with the rest of the group, so make an effort to talk to people without overdoing it. Just be friendly and confident.
5) They will take a picture of you
6) If they are interested they'll call you back between 1-2 weeks telling you when to come in for induction/first shift. Not sure show it works for rejections
7) For the dress code, smart casual (more casual than smart, jeans and shirt will do), they love their plaid shirts

Interview Question – How would you describe the company in 3 words   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure you sort out taxes refund straight away as it can take ages and managers don't really do it for you so be sure to ask them about it. Make sure you ask how does the paid holidays system work, we only found out about it after several months and by then they were gone since we didn't "requested" them...
In terms of hours, it's really flexible as you can build your on schedule basically with the amount of hours and the days you prefer, and you can change that at any time.

Woodbridge, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in March 2014.

Interview Details A recruiter ran out of the store and stopped to ask me to apply/do an interview. I did the interview March 20th with three other people. I was the only male, and only caucasian (which made answering the diversity question a bit harder!). I read that it usually takes about a week to hear back (if you don't hear back you don't get offered a position) but I was called this afternoon Monday (interviewed on prior Friday) and offered a position / orientation date. I think it helps to be totally friendly not only with the interviewer BUT ALSO with the other interviewers!

Interview Question – I think the hardest question was to describe what you think of A&F, I forgot to say preppy.   View Answer

Floor Model

I applied online and interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details one interview

Interview Question – How would you describe the store   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none. Take it or leave it

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2010.

Interview Details Was recruited in a store and told to apply online. You are able to select a day you would like to interview on (Tuesdays or Fridays). They generally do group interviews but I was the only interviewee to show that day. The store manager I interviewed with was super laid back and really friendly, made sure I felt comfortable with the interview. Was hired on the spot. Process only took a couple of days.

Interview Question – They ask you the meaning of "diversity", and typical customer relation questions. Mainly they ask you about yourself to see if you fit the "cool" aspect of their brand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, all model and impact jobs are minimum wage.

Floor Model Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2010.

Interview Details Main question that they ask is, "What is diversity?"

Interview Question – Again, "What is diversity?"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details went to store manager helped me fill out application
the day of interview i was so tired and i couldnt open my eyes so obviously they rejected me
just try to be clear and be awake

Interview Question – how do you make peopel join you   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2012.

Interview Details Group interviw. Asked about diversity, two other questions I can't remember

Floor Model Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2013.

Interview Details Got recruited and they gave me a password to log in to their application page online, or you can fill out an application on the computer in the store. During the application process you choose with interview date you would like to attend.
The day before my interview they called me to confirm that I'm coming in.

The day of the interview: I dressed up in an outfit that resembles Abercrombie & Fitch style because I didn't own any of their clothing. I wore dark blue skinny jeans, flats, a cream colored ruffled top, and a gray cardigan. I wore very minimal makeup, and fixed my hair is natural waves. I waited at the chairs/couches near the cashwrap with the other people.

The interview is a group interview. It was split up in two groups, models and impact. Everyone had a turn to answer a total of 4 questions while the interviewer wrote down notes of our answers. We were also told of the summary of the positions, dress code, and when to expect a call from them if we are hired. The interview went for about 30 minutes with my group of 6 people (including me). Some people handed in resumes, I didn't.

I got the call back saying I was hired the next day.
Some important tips: Stand out from the rest of the group, show that you're friendly and outgoing, smile, and be prepared.

Interview Questions

• (The questions are difficult, but I will list some for you) What is diversity and why is it important in the workplace?   View Answer
  • What makes you a good candidate to work at Abercrombie?   View Answer
  • Describe Abercrombie's style   View Answer
  • How would your friends describe you and give an example   View Answer

Floor Model

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details There were three ridiculous questions, it was hardly interview because they only hire on looks (I'm so flattered...) and they only emphasize diversity in the interview because of past law suits. After describing my personality, the store brand, and having to say the tag line the interview had come to a close. I received a call about a week later saying I was hired.

Interview Question – Answering about diversity because I think it is unfair that people of color and/or other races feel they can just be hired because he or she is black or Spanish. Plus, I don't give a crap about diversity, it has nothing to do with me.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Floor Model interview questions and advice. All 47 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.