Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
55 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details it was very casual, they asked a few simple questions to get to know me better such "use one word to describe your personality". it was very relaxing, just a little pretentious as i heard from the scout that found me that they really just hire depending on your looks.

Interview Question – 3 words that your friends or family would use to describe you   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – the pay was not good enough and i heard their working conditions were poor.

Brighton, England

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in October 2010.

Interview Details 1) Talk to managers inside the store to ask for dates and times of group interview
2) Complete electronic form
3) Call in whenever is best for you for a group interview
4) Questions are really straight forward, you're asked first to fill in a sheet with preferred job/ amount of hours a week etc. then they just go around one by one asking you either to describe the company in your view, how would you describe yourself, how would others describe you, and just overall checking if your talkative and outgoing and they also observe how you interact with the rest of the group, so make an effort to talk to people without overdoing it. Just be friendly and confident.
5) They will take a picture of you
6) If they are interested they'll call you back between 1-2 weeks telling you when to come in for induction/first shift. Not sure show it works for rejections
7) For the dress code, smart casual (more casual than smart, jeans and shirt will do), they love their plaid shirts

Interview Question – How would you describe the company in 3 words   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure you sort out taxes refund straight away as it can take ages and managers don't really do it for you so be sure to ask them about it. Make sure you ask how does the paid holidays system work, we only found out about it after several months and by then they were gone since we didn't "requested" them...
In terms of hours, it's really flexible as you can build your on schedule basically with the amount of hours and the days you prefer, and you can change that at any time.

Farmington, CT (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process for me was really more of a scouting process, as someone approached me at school to work for the company. In need of a job, I said yes, and wound up in a group interview with a bunch of other potential employees and myself. It was more of an orientation than even an interview, as I guess they hire anyone.

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2013.

Interview Details Dress like them for the interview. Meaning you don't have to where slacks and a button up shirt. If you don't have their clothes, just try to dress in their style. Be yourself, the interviews are just going to ask you basic questions about your worth ethics and how you would react under certain situations.

Interview Question – There aren't any unexpected questions. They might ask you a questions like "What makes Abercrombie & Fitch clothes stand out from others?"   Answer Question

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

Interview Details Was pretty easy. I walked into the store on a Tuesday and spoke directly to the manager who was nice and walked me through exactly how to apply at one of the little kiosks they have in the store. I applied for a model position and the manager told me to come back on Friday for the group interview.

In total there was 5 of us and the questions were simple: What does diversity mean to you and why is it important in the workplace? Why do you think you'll make a good employee? Why do you wanna work here? stuff like that. I must say, the girl interviewing us seemed a bit ditzy...she didn't really seem interested in us, it almost was like she didn't wanna be there nor care at all. When she was going down the line asking questions she even asked me "Do I have to repeat the question for you or did you hear it?" Whatever. I thought the interview went well, but sadly I was not offered the position. They make it clear that they do NOT want you to call them, they will call you within a week if you got the position and will give you the silent treatment if you didn't.

Interview Question – What do you think makes our company stand out?   Answer Question

Floor Model

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details two question in group setting, diversity question and problem solving question super easy just say a complete thought and you be fine but look is more nortant if you look really good just show up if not then go for stock room job

Interview Question – how do friend describe you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – 8.25 pay

Wayne, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Interview Details I applied for the position and was taken to the a cafeteria, where the sales manager asked me a bunch of questions. She essentially asked why I would be a good fit, why I represent Abercrombie, etc. Easy process, however, they mainly went off looks.

Interview Question – None, it was all easy. I'm telling you though, unless you are what they are looking for, you won't have the job. Wear Abercrombie to the interview.   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details The interview was a group interview that was not very organized. We went outside and gathered in a circle in an area by a kids play area in the mall and answered questions. The purpose of the questions was to see which people would stand out, but the question were not pertinent to the job.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you and why is it important?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – I declined because the job seemed like it was more for the superficial and young.

Buford, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2013.

Interview Details It last 10 minutes tops, easy questions. do not think to much about it, relax and be positive, if you are too structured they will sense that you aren't a people person.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2014.

Interview Details I was walking around the mall and the store managers approached me and asked if I would be interested in getting a part time summer job at A&F. They gave me a recruitment card with the website and password and told me I should apply online. I applied the next day and chose my interview for the next Friday afternoon at 4. Their interviews are always Tuesdays and Fridays at 4, and they are group interviews. I did some Googling around and read up about the interviews/what to wear. Interviews are casual and quick. Be peppy and outgoing, wear their clothes - what's in for the season (do NOT dress "business" like you normally would for an interview), be friendly, smile a lot, and know some about their company. For women you can't go wrong with dark-wash skinnies and a plain v-neck or an A&F style blouse. Their colors right now are gray, white, and navy. Flip flops are perfect. Natural makeup and hair. Be confident. That's what they want. After the interview they will tell you when you should hear back if you get the job. They told me I would hear back within a week if I got the job. I ended up getting a call 8 days after the interview. If you don't hear from them for a while you could always call them and see what's up.

Interview Question – How would your friends and family describe you, and what do you think are your best qualities?
What is diversity, and why is it important in the workplace?
How would you describe A&F's style?
Why do you think you would be successful at A&F?
  View Answer

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!