Abercrombie & Fitch Impact Team Member Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2014

1.8

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

You go into the store and apply at the kiosk in the back. Than you select a time for a group interview with about 20 people and typically they hire everybody after asking dumb question regarding you're views on ethics and morals. Regardless of you're answer, they hire you immediately because they over hire so that they can give you maybe $60 a month in paychecks. Which is all going to come back to them because they require you to buy their clothes every month... This place is a SCAM. DO NOT WORK HERE!

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The manager asked three questions all about behaviors. for example, how do you deal with conflict schedules. and do you think doing good and doing fast, which one is good?

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2014.

I went to the mall website since I knew for a fact the mall would be hiring somewhere so I applied to ANF. Didn't take long at all, just pretty much the usual: availability, education, then at the end they let you pick a time to come in for a GROUP interview. I hate those stupid group interviews, I feel it's disrespectful, like they can't find a measly 10 minutes to sit down and get to know someone fairly on their own. Well it was a total of 4 people in the group. The assistant manager (who was a freaking kid) interviewed all of us reading off of a paper, jotting down little notes acting like he was listening. It's dumb because if someone says the same thing you were going to say to the question then you have to change your answer on the spot otherwise you look like you can't think for yourself, which is stupid. Long story short, he called me the next day & said I got the job. Been a joke ever since, they never even schedule you! Do not. I repeat DO NOT ever apply to this stupid place. Also they always ask "What is diversity?"... like always. So have a legit answer. But don't apply please.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you worked extremely well with a team or group member?   View Answer
    They don't even respect you enough to negotiate. I went in to fill out paperwork, and saw on the screen- $7.93
    Atleast have the decency to tell us what we will be getting paid.

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Simple, there was a group interview where we were all asked pretty standard questions that didnt really challenge anyone too much. All of us were hired probably because the store was really desperate for workers.

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

one group interview. asked questions about former jobs and team work. BUT if you have dreads, hair dyed a color that's not "natural", or in the military. you're already counted out.

Interview Questions
    • are your nails natural? do you think you could wear our jeans?   Answer Question
    no negotiations. work week varied.

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

You start off by applying and submitting your application via a computer on a wall in any store. A manager will contact you within 2 weeks to schedule a group interview. During the interview, there are about 5-10 people depending on the time slot. The manager will go around asking everyone questions. If you pass the interview, you will need to schedule a time to come into training. During training, you learn the basic rules and get a tour. They also give you a uniform and schedule your first shift.

Interview Questions
    • questions were pretty basic. They just want to see your personality and if you have the abercrombie "look".   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Submitted an application in-store electronically. Was called in for a group interview where they asked all three of us the same question at once. The questions were about diversity and why you'd be a good fit for the company.

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I had to go to the nearest A&F and ask for the password to apply online. It's a short process and you choose an interview date. When I got there, I checked in with the manager and he told the other applicants and me to follow him to the food court and gave us a group interview. After the interview, I received a call about a week later to come in and register myself.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question was "What is Diversity and what does it mean to you?" Diversity is an extremely important factor to the company and you should give your own meaning for it. Try not to answer the same as the others.   Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I went into the store and told the people behind the cash register that I wanted to apply for an interview. They directed me to the kiosk where I filled in all my info. Make sure you have your SSN and records of past jobs on you (if you have any). At the end of the form, they ask you when you want to have your interview.

The questions at the interview were intended for group interviews but I was the only person there. My interviewer started out by introducing herself and talking about her experience with the company. Then she went into the questions. My interview felt a bit like a conversation. It was really nice and casual. During the interview, the best advice I can give is to just relax and be yourself. They want cool, friendly people.

I got a call a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation that showed that you are reliable.
      Name a time when you had to work under pressure.
        Answer Question

Impact Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Group interview, only a few questions. Very easy, I get the feeling they wanted a lot of workers and they seemed to hire all the people in the group. I came dressed slightly "preppy," as advised by the internet, but honestly the interviewer did not seem at all to care what I was wearing under my coat (it was very cold out).

No negotiation