Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.0

Model Interview

I was randomly approached and asked to come in for interview. The interview was very warm and comfortable. No pressure. It was a group interview. we were each given a chance to express ourselves and get to know each other. It was fun

H

Impact/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2011.

Group interview,very easy.Questions about yourself and your hobbies.Its all about the looks really.They dont care if you have or not experience.If you fit the look you're in.Girls need to be as natural as possible,nice hair colour,no nail polish,skinny and young.Preferably models.

Interview Questions
    • There is nothing difficult within the interview.Is all about random questions.   Answer Question

Impact Team Member/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2010.

Very easy interview. Just be confident because it is a group interview and you stand out. They ask you what does diversity mean to you? When did you overcome a task/project whatever? I just made up a story about how I had group work in school and had to work with peers with different schedule which made it difficult but i personally delegated tasks and blah blah..The interview was very easy. You'll even find some of the questions online.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2013.

Sent CV and cover letter off and heard back the next working day. However, speaking to people at the interview, they had all waited a few months to hear back so I was just lucky.

Invited to group interview at London flagship store. Around 13 of us and we each had to introduce ourselves and then answer Why Abercrombie? What are you looking for in a job? What qualities would you bring to the role?

They then take a photo to send off to management. (I have a suspicion this is the most important part of the interview)

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Pleasant experience - sat around a table with the other candidates who was also going for the position. We were asked the same questions in turn; basic questions such as why do you want to work for Abercrombie and what do you do for fun. We then had our photograph taken as fitting the image is a big requirement for Abercrombie I would advise wearing casual navy and white with denim shorts or jeans, naturally styled hair and very minimal makeup!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2013.

Still waiting to hear back. Applied on the website and was invited in for a group interview within a week or so at their London HQ. There were 10 of us, mostly from "diverse" backgrounds. We were all wearing A&F clothing. The regional recruitment manager hosted the session. We were told we would hear back within a week or two (it's a week today and still waiting to hear back).

Internaltional Merchant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

initial interview
    Group interview
    final interview

Interview Questions
    none, was asked to sign a contract

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2012.

Three Interviews:

First two rounds are with district recruiters

Last Interview is with a district Manager

Questions are very simple - Background based and personality based

Interview Questions
    • None in particular - the hardest thing is to fit the look   Answer Question
    N/A

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

First a group info session where we were given info and asked basic questions like what we like to do on our spare time, what languages we know etc.. Very informal. The second interview was also very informal, and the questions were mainly competency based. Both interviews were like conversations and the people there were really friendly

Interview Questions
    • How having diversified employees can benefit an organisation   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

it was very casual, they asked a few simple questions to get to know me better such "use one word to describe your personality". it was very relaxing, just a little pretentious as i heard from the scout that found me that they really just hire depending on your looks.

Interview Questions
    • 3 words that your friends or family would use to describe you   Answer Question

the pay was not good enough and i heard their working conditions were poor.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!