Abercrombie & Fitch

Updated 24 Nov 2014
1,007 Interview Reviews

2.0

Model Interview

I was randomly approached and asked to come in for interview. The interview was very warm and comfortable. No pressure. It was a group interview. we were each given a chance to express ourselves and get to know each other. It was fun

H

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2013.

Sent CV and cover letter off and heard back the next working day. However, speaking to people at the interview, they had all waited a few months to hear back so I was just lucky.

Invited to group interview at London flagship store. Around 13 of us and we each had to introduce ourselves and then answer Why Abercrombie? What are you looking for in a job? What qualities would you bring to the role?

They then take a photo to send off to management. (I have a suspicion this is the most important part of the interview)

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Pleasant experience - sat around a table with the other candidates who was also going for the position. We were asked the same questions in turn; basic questions such as why do you want to work for Abercrombie and what do you do for fun. We then had our photograph taken as fitting the image is a big requirement for Abercrombie I would advise wearing casual navy and white with denim shorts or jeans, naturally styled hair and very minimal makeup!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in August 2013.

Still waiting to hear back. Applied on the website and was invited in for a group interview within a week or so at their London HQ. There were 10 of us, mostly from "diverse" backgrounds. We were all wearing A&F clothing. The regional recruitment manager hosted the session. We were told we would hear back within a week or two (it's a week today and still waiting to hear back).

Internaltional Merchant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

initial interview
    Group interview
    final interview

Interview Questions
    none, was asked to sign a contract

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

First a group info session where we were given info and asked basic questions like what we like to do on our spare time, what languages we know etc.. Very informal. The second interview was also very informal, and the questions were mainly competency based. Both interviews were like conversations and the people there were really friendly

Interview Questions
    • How having diversified employees can benefit an organisation   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

it was very casual, they asked a few simple questions to get to know me better such "use one word to describe your personality". it was very relaxing, just a little pretentious as i heard from the scout that found me that they really just hire depending on your looks.

Interview Questions
    • 3 words that your friends or family would use to describe you   Answer Question

the pay was not good enough and i heard their working conditions were poor.

Inventory Management Interview

Recruiters visit some of the top universities to speak to candidates or applications can just be made online. After that, a resume is submitted and the subsequent rounds involved a mix of online and face-to-face interviews leading up to a final interview/visit to the Columbus headquarters

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

A very easy and normal GD session, with main focus on diversity and "tell me something about yourself."
    Based on this I got a call within 7 days to join.

Interview Questions
    no room for negotiation. Since it was a zero hour contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I've done the first two interviews for an MIT position. Both have been very casual, I turned up wearing little makeup, A&F clothes, and a huge smile. The first interview was very quick; it was meant to be a group interview but the other applicant didn't show. Consisted mostly of telling me about the role, asking a few basic questions like 'what do you do for fun' and taking a photograph. Second interview was more detailed, asked lots of situational questions like 'describe a situation where you've had to work with people from different backgrounds' and 'have you ever had lots of tasks to complete within a limited time? if so, how did you prioritise?' etc. I'm waiting to do my third interview tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to make decisions without knowing all the required information, or in a rush without much time to consider?   Answer Question