Abercrombie & Fitch Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015
1,101 Interview Reviews

2.0

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Interview on campus

Super informal, and unprofessional. Asked to dress casual, aka Abercrombie style. Questions about your life, she kept trying to tell me how great Columbus was and the nightlife there and then told me how "cool" the company culture was. Honestly it was kind of uncomfortable and I left not wanting to work there. Then we had to take on IQ test- if this is what they base their employees off of then I don't know how the 3 people that came to campus got hired.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

Met some recruiters at a careers fair at my university and handed them a copy of my CV and was then invited to meet the same recruiter the following day for a brief initial interview as he happened to be in town. There was another informal interview a few weeks later; this involved completing a task and presenting the conclusions. The UK assessment day is held at their London office and consists of team exercises, a short aptitude test on paper and a tour around the store. Brilliant people and experience.

Interview Questions

• Where is the company headed in the next few years? How can it regain the dominant position in the retail/fashion industry?   Answer Question

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (London, England) in October 2014.

Interview

it took 3 weeks the all process, first I went to speak with one of the managers and ask for a recommendation , then I had a group interview and at 3 weeks they call me for the training.

Interview Questions

• nothing, it was pretty easy, they just seek for people with good expectations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have to be free all the time for them.

Model Interview

Interview

I was randomly approached and asked to come in for interview. The interview was very warm and comfortable. No pressure. It was a group interview. we were each given a chance to express ourselves and get to know each other. It was fun

Interview Questions

Negotiation

H

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (London, England) in September 2013.

Interview

Sent CV and cover letter off and heard back the next working day. However, speaking to people at the interview, they had all waited a few months to hear back so I was just lucky.

Invited to group interview at London flagship store. Around 13 of us and we each had to introduce ourselves and then answer Why Abercrombie? What are you looking for in a job? What qualities would you bring to the role?

They then take a photo to send off to management. (I have a suspicion this is the most important part of the interview)

Interview

Pleasant experience - sat around a table with the other candidates who was also going for the position. We were asked the same questions in turn; basic questions such as why do you want to work for Abercrombie and what do you do for fun. We then had our photograph taken as fitting the image is a big requirement for Abercrombie I would advise wearing casual navy and white with denim shorts or jeans, naturally styled hair and very minimal makeup!

Manager In Training (MIT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch (London, England) in August 2013.

Interview

Still waiting to hear back. Applied on the website and was invited in for a group interview within a week or so at their London HQ. There were 10 of us, mostly from "diverse" backgrounds. We were all wearing A&F clothing. The regional recruitment manager hosted the session. We were told we would hear back within a week or two (it's a week today and still waiting to hear back).

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the role?   1 Answer

Internaltional Merchant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview

initial interview
    Group interview
    final interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, was asked to sign a contract

Interview

First a group info session where we were given info and asked basic questions like what we like to do on our spare time, what languages we know etc.. Very informal. The second interview was also very informal, and the questions were mainly competency based. Both interviews were like conversations and the people there were really friendly

Interview Questions

• How having diversified employees can benefit an organisation   Answer Question

Floor Model Interview

Interview

it was very casual, they asked a few simple questions to get to know me better such "use one word to describe your personality". it was very relaxing, just a little pretentious as i heard from the scout that found me that they really just hire depending on your looks.

Interview Questions

• 3 words that your friends or family would use to describe you   Answer Question

the pay was not good enough and i heard their working conditions were poor.