Abercrombie & Fitch

Average Difficulty
145 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details I was randomly approached and asked to come in for interview. The interview was very warm and comfortable. No pressure. It was a group interview. we were each given a chance to express ourselves and get to know each other. It was fun

Interview Question – Talk about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – H

London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Interview Details There was a group of 15 of us in a circle and we were interview by one of the store managers. quite an informal interview. it seemed like a fun ambient environment to work in and the people seem quite friendly. make sure you wear abercrombie style casual clothing and wear minimal to no make up.

Interview Questions

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2011.

Interview Details The interview was pretty easy. The manager asked us about diversity, why A&F, how we could describe A&F style. She explain then the look policy and told us about the company. As a model you will have 50% off when you buy your first thing that you'll wear at work and then 30% off on every item.

Interview Question – describe a&f in one word   View Answer

City of London, England

Interview Details The interview was pretty easy. The manager asked us about diversity, why A&F, how we could describe A&F style. She explain then the look policy and told us about the company. They asked me easy questions like what's abercrombie's style?
Or describe yourself in 3 words?
What do you think diversity means?
Describe your strengths?
Are you outgoing? etc.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in 3 words?   View Answer

Trafford Park, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2009.

Interview Details The recruitment process begins with a telephone call from one of the managers or MITs, inviting you to a group interview. This is usually very informal, with sometimes up to about 30 other people in the group interview. Because there are so many people, it is hard to stand out, and the interviewers only have a limited amount of time to spend on each person as they go round and ask everyone the same question. The managers are all fairly young, fun people, fairly laid back and are looking for people who they think they could work with. My advice would be to try and think of something amusing and original to say - listen to what other people have said and DON'T just repeat it.
They take into account your appearance - try and look as if you already could work at the store; wearing Hollister or Abercrombie is a bonus, jeans & flip flops are a must! Keep hair and make up nice but natural (no orange tan etc!).

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to work with others as part of a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation, we were told the hourly rate, take it or leave it.

Model

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Interview Details The interview was very easy . I was just myself and I laughed a lot . I just have a bubbly personality and obviously the manager like that because she laughed a lot with me . I was the only one that showed up for a group interview as a model .

Interview Question – I had a one-on-one interview with the manager who seemed like she cared about who she wanted to hire in the store for best customer service . I had a blue shirt from hollister ( but no one could tell ) khaki pants , and some flat shoes . I wore no-makeup at all . I wore studs and I had a natural hair style like i just woke up and I have flawless hair lol . I was asked 4 simple questions . Questions ASK BELOW .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to come in for a orientation @ 4 .

Manhasset, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

Interview Details I asked for the code to apply online at my local Abercrombie & Fitch store and I went into the store the next day, a Tuesday, for a short group interview. Most of the interviewees were for Impact, so I had my group interview with just one other girl. She had previously worked at Hollister, so she casually slipped that in, but her face was all caked up and she wore a crop top and shorts. I was all decked out in Abercrombie--a lace tank, burgundy skinny jeans, and brown braided A&F flip flops. The manager showed approval of my attire and my natural, no make-up look. I was hired a week later.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. I was asked four questions:
1) How do you provide a positive environment for others?
2) What happened when something didn't go your way?
3) What is diversity to you, and do you think it is important in the workplace?
4) How do you think A&F wants to be viewed?

Good luck to all! :-)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a call informing me that I had been selected as a Model, and the manager who interviewed me asked if I was willing to accept the offer for $8/hr (which is roughly minimum wage for NY). I don't think the pay is negotiable.

Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2012.

Interview Details You are either recruited and invited to a group interview or apply and are assigned a group interview time. Interview is with 2-3 other applicants and 1-2 managers. Fairly short interview, and they call you within the week if they want you to work there and ask if you accept the position.

Interview Question – When was a time that you had to take leadership?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch

Interview Details I attended a group interview with several other people and was asked basic questions like what are your strengths and what does community service mean to you? I was then was called a week later. I came in and filled out paper work and began work in the next several weeks

Interview Question – What is diversity?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2013.

Interview Details Apply in store or online, show up to a group interview. The questions were generic easy ones about the style of the clothing. The people hired are those who fit the abercombie look, even if they had worse qualifications.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   Answer Question

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!