Abercrombie & Fitch Model Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

1.7

148 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Model Interview

I was randomly approached and asked to come in for interview. The interview was very warm and comfortable. No pressure. It was a group interview. we were each given a chance to express ourselves and get to know each other. It was fun

H

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

There was a group of 15 of us in a circle and we were interview by one of the store managers. quite an informal interview. it seemed like a fun ambient environment to work in and the people seem quite friendly. make sure you wear abercrombie style casual clothing and wear minimal to no make up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2011.

The interview was pretty easy. The manager asked us about diversity, why A&F, how we could describe A&F style. She explain then the look policy and told us about the company. As a model you will have 50% off when you buy your first thing that you'll wear at work and then 30% off on every item.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

The interview was pretty easy. The manager asked us about diversity, why A&F, how we could describe A&F style. She explain then the look policy and told us about the company. They asked me easy questions like what's abercrombie's style?
    Or describe yourself in 3 words?
    What do you think diversity means?
    Describe your strengths?
    Are you outgoing? etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trafford Park, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trafford Park, England

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2009.

The recruitment process begins with a telephone call from one of the managers or MITs, inviting you to a group interview. This is usually very informal, with sometimes up to about 30 other people in the group interview. Because there are so many people, it is hard to stand out, and the interviewers only have a limited amount of time to spend on each person as they go round and ask everyone the same question. The managers are all fairly young, fun people, fairly laid back and are looking for people who they think they could work with. My advice would be to try and think of something amusing and original to say - listen to what other people have said and DON'T just repeat it.
    They take into account your appearance - try and look as if you already could work at the store; wearing Hollister or Abercrombie is a bonus, jeans & flip flops are a must! Keep hair and make up nice but natural (no orange tan etc!).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to work with others as part of a team.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation, we were told the hourly rate, take it or leave it.

Model Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in July 2014.

When you fill out an application online they ask for an interview. When you select the day it's up to you to go they won't remind you. The interview takes about half an hour, as they explain the dress code and ask you a couple of questions. For example, what is diversity to you, how could you make an impact, etc

Model Interview

I was recruited off the street and asked to come into the store the following wednesday for an interview.
    The interview is really nothing to get nervous about. They're really just checking that you're not crazy or anything. You are hired for your looks so usually if you make to the interview, the decision to hire you is already made unless you do something nuts.

I did not negotiate. The base pay added to the free clothes, simplicity of the work and the opportunity to meet a lot of models was enough for me.

Model Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I came into the shop and the interviewer came out and walked us to an open place that could seat four or five people for the group interview. We have a casual conversation on the way there and when it started she only asked about four questions. After answering those we were free to go and be on out way.

Model Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

The interview was very easy . I was just myself and I laughed a lot . I just have a bubbly personality and obviously the manager like that because she laughed a lot with me . I was the only one that showed up for a group interview as a model .

Interview Questions
    • I had a one-on-one interview with the manager who seemed like she cared about who she wanted to hire in the store for best customer service . I had a blue shirt from hollister ( but no one could tell ) khaki pants , and some flat shoes . I wore no-makeup at all . I wore studs and I had a natural hair style like i just woke up and I have flawless hair lol . I was asked 4 simple questions . Questions ASK BELOW .   Answer Question
    I had to come in for a orientation @ 4 .

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manhasset, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhasset, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2014.

I asked for the code to apply online at my local Abercrombie & Fitch store and I went into the store the next day, a Tuesday, for a short group interview. Most of the interviewees were for Impact, so I had my group interview with just one other girl. She had previously worked at Hollister, so she casually slipped that in, but her face was all caked up and she wore a crop top and shorts. I was all decked out in Abercrombie--a lace tank, burgundy skinny jeans, and brown braided A&F flip flops. The manager showed approval of my attire and my natural, no make-up look. I was hired a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. I was asked four questions:
      1) How do you provide a positive environment for others?
      2) What happened when something didn't go your way?
      3) What is diversity to you, and do you think it is important in the workplace?
      4) How do you think A&F wants to be viewed?

Good luck to all! :-)
        Answer Question
    I received a call informing me that I had been selected as a Model, and the manager who interviewed me asked if I was willing to accept the offer for $8/hr (which is roughly minimum wage for NY). I don't think the pay is negotiable.

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!