Abercrombie & Fitch

Updated 24 Oct 2014

1.7

153 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Model Interview

I was randomly approached and asked to come in for interview. The interview was very warm and comfortable. No pressure. It was a group interview. we were each given a chance to express ourselves and get to know each other. It was fun

H

Other Interview Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

There was a group of 15 of us in a circle and we were interview by one of the store managers. quite an informal interview. it seemed like a fun ambient environment to work in and the people seem quite friendly. make sure you wear abercrombie style casual clothing and wear minimal to no make up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2011.

The interview was pretty easy. The manager asked us about diversity, why A&F, how we could describe A&F style. She explain then the look policy and told us about the company. They asked me easy questions like what's abercrombie's style?
    Or describe yourself in 3 words?
    What do you think diversity means?
    Describe your strengths?
    Are you outgoing? etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The interview was pretty easy. The manager asked us about diversity, why A&F, how we could describe A&F style. She explain then the look policy and told us about the company. As a model you will have 50% off when you buy your first thing that you'll wear at work and then 30% off on every item.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trafford Park, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trafford Park, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2009.

The recruitment process begins with a telephone call from one of the managers or MITs, inviting you to a group interview. This is usually very informal, with sometimes up to about 30 other people in the group interview. Because there are so many people, it is hard to stand out, and the interviewers only have a limited amount of time to spend on each person as they go round and ask everyone the same question. The managers are all fairly young, fun people, fairly laid back and are looking for people who they think they could work with. My advice would be to try and think of something amusing and original to say - listen to what other people have said and DON'T just repeat it.
    They take into account your appearance - try and look as if you already could work at the store; wearing Hollister or Abercrombie is a bonus, jeans & flip flops are a must! Keep hair and make up nice but natural (no orange tan etc!).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to work with others as part of a team.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation, we were told the hourly rate, take it or leave it.

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I was stopped on the street and invited for a group interview that same day. I got the call the next day. We did have to wait a while to start about 15min after the time was set. But everyone was nice.

Interview Questions
    • They asked basic questions. "what would you do if there was an angry costumer?'' ''the meaning of teamwork?'' ''best thing you learned from a previous job'' etc... just be confident!   Answer Question

Model Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Applied online and recieved an email to join a group interview. Went to a group interview with about 4 other people. Received a call about a week later. Very basic questions were asked during the interview.

Non negotiable

Model Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

It was a scripted interview and I was only asked 4 questions. I couldn't really tell how it went because there wasn't a lot of back and forth, once I gave my response we moved on. There was also another girl on my. Interview with me.

Model Interview

I was recruited off the street and asked to come into the store the following wednesday for an interview.
    The interview is really nothing to get nervous about. They're really just checking that you're not crazy or anything. You are hired for your looks so usually if you make to the interview, the decision to hire you is already made unless you do something nuts.

I did not negotiate. The base pay added to the free clothes, simplicity of the work and the opportunity to meet a lot of models was enough for me.

Model Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch.

I came into the shop and the interviewer came out and walked us to an open place that could seat four or five people for the group interview. We have a casual conversation on the way there and when it started she only asked about four questions. After answering those we were free to go and be on out way.