Abercrombie & Fitch

Getting the Interview

129 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in November 2011.

Interview Details There was a group of 15 of us in a circle and we were interview by one of the store managers. quite an informal interview. it seemed like a fun ambient environment to work in and the people seem quite friendly. make sure you wear abercrombie style casual clothing and wear minimal to no make up.

Interview Questions

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2011.

Interview Details The interview was pretty easy. The manager asked us about diversity, why A&F, how we could describe A&F style. She explain then the look policy and told us about the company. As a model you will have 50% off when you buy your first thing that you'll wear at work and then 30% off on every item.

Interview Question – describe a&f in one word   View Answer

Trafford Park, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in June 2009.

Interview Details The recruitment process begins with a telephone call from one of the managers or MITs, inviting you to a group interview. This is usually very informal, with sometimes up to about 30 other people in the group interview. Because there are so many people, it is hard to stand out, and the interviewers only have a limited amount of time to spend on each person as they go round and ask everyone the same question. The managers are all fairly young, fun people, fairly laid back and are looking for people who they think they could work with. My advice would be to try and think of something amusing and original to say - listen to what other people have said and DON'T just repeat it.
They take into account your appearance - try and look as if you already could work at the store; wearing Hollister or Abercrombie is a bonus, jeans & flip flops are a must! Keep hair and make up nice but natural (no orange tan etc!).

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to work with others as part of a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation, we were told the hourly rate, take it or leave it.

Troy, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied in store and had an interview the same day. It was a one on one interview with the manager. He talked about the dress code there look is natural. No nail polish, no unnatural hair color, you don't have to wear the clothes but they must be similar to what's in the store, for shoes you can wear flip flops , converse or chuck taylors.

Interview Question – What is diversity to you and is it important in the work place? How would your friends and family describe you? How would you describe Abercrombie?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, didn't discuss pay during interview.

Santa Rosa, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2012.

Interview Details Interview process is pretty easy. Group interviews and they ask basic interview questions "strengths/weaknesses" etc.

Interview Question – What is your definition of diversity?   Answer Question

Model Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in February 2012.

Interview Details Went into the store to return a pair of shorts that were the wrong size for my friend and was asked if I would like to work there. I didn't have a job at the time, was in high school, so I figured it would be a good opportunity. I signed a card with my name, email and phone number, and within a few days got an email about interviewing on a Friday (they only interview on Tuesdays and Fridays, at least at my store). I went to the interview, which was with a small group of three people and one manager. The questions were easy like what do you think the message of the brand is, how do you deal with diverse situations, what does diversity mean to you, etc. Very basic. After the interview finished, they said they would call back in a week. A week and a few days went by, so I called the store wondering if I was hired. They said they would call back soon, and the next day they called saying they would like to offer me the job. However, it was difficult to find out when my first day was. Again, they said they would call me, but did not, so I called and they said 'Oh, well just come in this Saturday around 2 for training." So I went to the store at two, did not see the training video at all, and ended up working my first four hour shift. After that, scheduling was better because my name was in the system, but it was a very hectic start.

Interview Question – How have you acted in diverse situations that put you out of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Herbert Domain, TN (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2012.

Interview Details Went in and asked for an interview and they told me to fill out an application on their computer in-store. Applied and was called for a group interview after a couple days.

Interview Question – How would you describe the Abercrombie brand?   View Answer

Miami, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2010.

Interview Details they asked typical questions about yourself. how do you define diversity and what does diversity mean to you. how to do feel about abercrombie and fitch and what is the typical customer that shops at abercrombie and fitch. what is the vision of abercrombie and fitch.

Interview Question – they asked what diversity meant to me   View Answer

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in September 2010.

Interview Details I applied and a week later got a call from the store manager to come in for a group interview, and I arrived dressed how their employees dress (jeggings, brand tee, and sandals). Other people who wore business casual were not hired. They asked us questions, and if we piggybacked on to another person's answer, they took note of it right in front of us. The questions were general interview questions.

Interview Question – What does diversity mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Minimum wage.

Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Abercrombie & Fitch in May 2012.

Interview Details I was scouted will out and I immediately filled out the application online, you will need a store number and password so you have to talk to someone. My interviewer was fairly nice and the interview was only four questions all basic and to the point like why do you want to work here and how would handle certain situations. As long as you are straight forward and you don't stumble you should be fine, easiest interview I've ever had.

Interview Question – Why do you think you'll be beneficial to Abercrombie?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was minimum wage nothing fantastic or worth it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Abercrombie & Fitch

Worked for Abercrombie & Fitch? Contribute to the Community!

Abercrombie & Fitch Videos

Abercrombie & Fitch – Why Work for Us?

Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a leading specialty clothing retailer holding four unique lifestyle brands - Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister Co., and Gilly Hicks. Based in New Albany, Ohio, Abercrombie… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Abercrombie & Fitch Model interview questions and advice. All 129 interview reviews posted anonymously by Abercrombie & Fitch employees and interview candidates.