Accenture Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 15 Sep 2014

3.1

101 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

3 stages: application form, telephone interview, assessment centre
All in all a good experience and all Accenture staff were very nice and friendly.

Assessment centre was a group exercise followed by a project planning / presenting exercise / interview.
I found the group exercise most stressful. You are bombarded with huge volumes of information and have very little time. Be selective on what you read - sounding confident and being cooperative is the main thing!

The interview was mostly on the project planning exercise and mainly involved the interviewer pointing out possible problems in the plan and asking how you would mitigate those risks.

Interview Questions
  • How would you resolve potential delays at stage "x" in the project? The interviewer was very pushy on these sorts of questions, trying to squeeze as much detail (even if it's obvious) out of you.   View Answer
N/A

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Submit CV and cover letter with long document of questions about Accenture that need answering. You can use their website for this. Then a telephone interview. He wasn't particularly friendly, and very difficult to get rapport with. First few questions were about Accenture, then standard competency qts and then a mini case study. No feedback.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult qts. Tell me about a time you have shown resilience. etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

1st stage phone interview, lasted 45 mins. A lady from Hour rang me. Asked me questions about my cv history, basically asking me to confirm my employers and dates. Then there were questions: explain gap analysis. Explain how you gather requirements. Explain 2 scenarios where you have had to deal with differing opinion and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected was Gap Analysis. But I had an understanding of it. Which is a comparism of the past and the fututre state.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

This was the first process of the interview which was the phone call. Progressing from that would have led to the first face to face, there would be a second face to face before securing the job can be guaranteed.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked: What is your biggest achievement besides anything you might have stated in your CV. It also has to be related to your profession. What would you change here if you were given the chance?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

Online application, telephone interview (1st interview) followed by Assessment Center which lasted a full morning. A group case study, followed by a project planning exercise and then an interview in which candidates are asked to justify decisions made earlier in the day. It was a challenging but enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part for me was the unexpected question of how the case study solutions arrived at during the team task would be supported once the project had been implemented.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2012.

Preliminary online questionnaire - standard questions expected, why Accenture?, what does Accenture actually do?
    Upon successful answers combined with cover letter and CV a phone interview is arranged to basically ask the same questions again
    Success here grants you links with a contact to talk you through the final stage whereupon you are briefed to complete a standard day at Accenture

Interview Questions
    • How should Accenture act to evolve to stay ahead of the rivalling consultancy firms? What changes would you suggest from what you've seen today?   Answer Question

Better offer from Rothchilds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in April 2012.

I applied for an analysit position in the Spring of 2012 for the London Office. The process was smooth overall. Need to really know Accenture very well and have read up on recent cases and deals. The first round interview was pretty straing forwad, as was the assessment center. The case interview was more interviewer led. Its important to show what type of consulting Accenture specifically would do, as opposed to thinking of any solution that comes to mind (e.g. taking advantage of new technologeis).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in January 2011.

The interviewer was very professional, yet no eye contact. He was just taking down notes and lets you talk for 45 minutes.

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2008.

Application form + cv + covering letter.
    Contact from HR asking for interview date in London.
    1st interview in London - interviewer was being assessed. Quite strange. Interviewer totally stonewalled every answer - quite surreal experience, came away thinking I'd screwed the whole thing up.
    4-5 Days later contact from HR again asking for date for 2nd Interview.
    2 weeks later 2nd interview. Presentation, case study, group discussion
    Final 1-2-1 interview
    2 weeks later offer made

N/A

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

I was contacted first by HR and invited for an onsite interview.
    It was in essence about my background and how that fits with the position.
    Then an interview with manager of the team. Again questions on my background and some analytical questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Some market sizing questions.
      Questions on how to handle clients and maintain good relationships.
        Answer Question

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!