Accenture Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated 18 Mar 2015
Updated 18 Mar 2015

Analyst (Management Consultant Development Program) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Screen with HR. Asked about what I know about the company, why do I want to work there, and went over my resume.

2. 2 Phone interviews involving Behavioral Questions and Case Studies. Each interview was 1 hour long, 45 minutes for the Case, and 15 minutes for the behavioral questions. Both interviews were with current Consultant level employees.

3. In Office Interview. 1 hour presentation on the company. 1 hour case interview. 1 interview called a "confirming" interview to check how I fit in with the culture, my leadership skills, and my future career aspirations. Both interviews were with current "Manager" level employees.

Everyone that I talked to was very nice and helpful and honest.

Interview Questions

• Case interviews were very straight forward. Much easier than what you would expect from MBB. But they made you think. One was a Mergers and Acquisition, another was on demand forecasting, another was on ways to increase revenue after bankruptcy, and one was on improving cash flow.

Know what differentiates the company from it's competition, why you want to work there, and be ready to give examples of ways to have showcased your skills in the past.

Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told that there is No Negotiation for entry level analysts (on base salary). I over a year of experience, and they offered me the same as someone right out of college. But the offer is very fair for the market.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Received a call on Monday and had my first screen interview, on Tuesday had a second interview it was a behavioral questions, on Friday was invited on-site interview to their office it was a case study with one manager and then with another manager if I am a good fir to the company.

Interview Questions

• What are you passion about? If you have 1 million dollars what would you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Very fast. They were polite, and helpful and lenient throughout the whole process. I was asked if I could reschedule, but I had exams during the other times they were available, so I was able to keep my time.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter with Accenture regarding opportunities with their People and Change group. I had an initial screen with the recruiter on a Monday (general overview), the phone interview on Wed (case), and the Final interview on Friday (personality interview, case). On Friday I was told I would be moving forward and to be prepared for a verbal offer. That following Monday, I recieved my verbal. After accepting the offer, I went through a background check through HireRight. Very straightforward - you give them the information, they call the numbers. Pretty painless. Two days after starting the background check, I recieved my written offer which I accepted.

Honestly, the best interviewing experience I have ever been through. Very fast, very professional.

Interview Questions

• The entire intervew process was cake. Have questions prepared. I had 15 questions ready to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a signing bonus. Always negotiate. The worst they can say is no. Trust me, you're not breaking their bank. The house always wins.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Resume drop for OCR. Interviewees were invited to a social that helped us get to know the interviewers. First round was two one-hour, 1:1 interviews. In each, about 15 mins of behavioral ("tell me about a time you positively impacted society", etc) and the rest was a case. I was called that evening for final round the following day. Final round consisted of two hour long interviews, each 1:1. First was purely a case interview. Second was purely behavioral. All interviews were with executives - senior manager and above. All in all, everyone was extremely friendly (much more so than expected) and seemed genuinely interested in me. Nothing extremely challenging - just be prepared to defend any points made on your resume and have good stories. After doing final round on Friday, I received the offer the following Wednesday, making the whole process less than a week.

Interview Questions

• Nothing crazy - cases were not as hard as expected. One was M&A, one was related to risk management and final was related to pricing in healthcare industry. All interviewers were friendly and patient during the cases and all cases were made from their experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Liked offer as given.

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through my university and made it to the second round interview. Both rounds were in their downtown office. First round was very quick and was clearly just to filter out any obviously bad candidates. The second round was longer and was a pretty typical behavioral interview. Did not get asked to come back for the third round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work with a poorly functioning team, and how did you overcome this?   Answer Question

Management Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Began with recruiting sessions on campus. Submitted a resume, cover letter and transcript. Only one round of interviews, with two interviews each consisting of a case and behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Was told it was a seven step process. I made it only to #4. Questions were initially very specific to my Resume. Was asked to explain in detail each period of employment in the list. Later on it got to how I handled pressure, adversity etc. Was asked to rate myself on a scale of novice to expert on several things not listed in the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• Explaining to the HR guys aspects of my previous jobs that these had no clue about. They pretended to understand.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Four stages of phone interview followed by one on one with Director. Two were technical/case study type interviews with subject specialists (supply chain, procurement) , one was a general aptitude interview and one a personality type interview. After the final interview having been told I passed all stages including the final with flying colors I was told there was no longer a position available due to a slowdown in the work pipeline. I felt I had wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage the centralization of procurement activities between merging companies that were previously competitors.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was in three stages:
    1- A short, 15-minute phone interview with a recruiter who asked me basic questions about my school, GPA, etc. She told me where I would be working and all about the interview process. She was super nice and very helpful.
    2- A 45-minute behavioral interview with a different recruiter. He asked me basic behavioral questions such as - When was a time that you had to convince someone to do something? - Have you ever had a difficult situation that you needed to resolve? -
    3- An onsite visit that consisted of a 45-minute presentation about the company and its benefits, followed by two 45-minute 1:1 behavioral interviews with senior management. The presentation was by three analysts who were laid-back and nice. The first interviewer was laid-back and it was more like a conversation. Just know your resume really well. The second interviewer was a little more intense, but it was still more of a conversation than an interview. Make sure you know your resume! He asked about C++, which I hadn't taken in 2 years.
    The overall experience was really laid-back and easy. Just be personable and smile.

Interview Questions

• What are the principals of (something I had forgotten to take off my resume because I had taken it so long ago)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the offer was VERY competitive.