Accenture

2,676 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Accenture Technology Solutions Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview Details Fairly long application form, then 40-minute phone interview, and finally face-to-face HR and skills-based interviews (1 hour each)

The face-to-face HR interview was basically a repeat of the phone interview, and I didn't get any programming-related questions at all (not even in the skills-based interview). I'd recommend brushing up on Accenture as a whole (including the difference between ACG and ATS), as well as knowing the general software development life-cycle like the back of your hand. In addition, a few more specific methodologies (like Agile and spiral) would be pretty good to know.

Interview Question – Comparing the Agile development model to the waterfall model. What are the advantages/disadvantages of each approach?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't comfortable about their work culture.

Business Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

Interview Details 3 stages: application form, telephone interview, assessment centre
All in all a good experience and all Accenture staff were very nice and friendly.

Assessment centre was a group exercise followed by a project planning / presenting exercise / interview.
I found the group exercise most stressful. You are bombarded with huge volumes of information and have very little time. Be selective on what you read - sounding confident and being cooperative is the main thing!

The interview was mostly on the project planning exercise and mainly involved the interviewer pointing out possible problems in the plan and asking how you would mitigate those risks.

Interview Question – How would you resolve potential delays at stage "x" in the project? The interviewer was very pushy on these sorts of questions, trying to squeeze as much detail (even if it's obvious) out of you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Analyst Consulting Group Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details Applied through the fast track process - inspiring woman's event. Applied for the event and had a job offer exactly three weeks later. Very quick and professional - I was so surprised.

Interview Question – What differentiates Accenture to its competitors?   View Answer

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Interview Details Online application followed by a telephone interview. The interview consisted of questions about Accenture and consulting followed by competency questions and a small case study.

Interview Question – A bank is losing customers to competitors due to not having an online presence. How would you go about solving this problem?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

London, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details I applied through a recruiter. Process was very efficient with 3 stages and update on every stage was provided exactly on 10th working day after that stage. First stage was a standard screening interview followed by another telephonic interview and last stage was an assessment centre. Telephonic interview lasted for an hour and mostly focused on core experience. No technical questions were asked, only behavioral i.e. competency based questions were asked. Interviewer was very good and made sure the experience was overall good. The final stage was an assessment centre that consisted of a Case study and presentation followed by QA, then a partner interview and finally HR interview. Case study was straight forward about how to turn around an under performing retail organisation. The interviews were competency based. Overall very pleasant experience and highly professional process.

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately no negotiations at all but I guess it was all my fault for not trying hard. I have heard that mostly the offer is negotiable.

ACG Graduate Scheme Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details Online application form
Telephone interview with competency questions and case-study
Assessment Centre with group exercise, individual planning exercise and one to one interview

Interview Question – What makes Accenture stand out from their competitors?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied online on their careers website for the Graduate scheme. Got requested to schedule a phone interview a couple of days later.

Off the top of my head I was asked the following in the phone interview:
- Describe the role of a Software Engineer at Accenture
- Describe a time when you were given a new challenge, how you approached it and what the results were
- What programming languages are you most comfortable with
- Describe a situation where you used Java
- Some admin-related questions such as are you willing to travel during the week for a client etc (mobility is an 'important part' of Accenture Technology Solutions)

And some others but you get the gist. It was pretty straight-forward and I felt quite confident throughout as I had done some part-time stuff here and there (mobile apps for startups etc). The interviewer was very nice and was not strictly formal throughout; I was able to casually lighten the mood of the conversation every once in a while by highlighting aspects of my previous experiences which I found interesting or humorous, and this was received well. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Two weeks later I received an e-mail saying I passed the phone interview, and that a member of the recruitment dept. would contact me soon to try and arrange an interview. About two days later I got a call, and the member of staff was nice but their scheduling isn't flexible. Because I wasn't available for that specific date, they had to wait and call me again at a later date. I waited about 5 days and got another call to schedule my interview for the week after.

Went up to their offices at Fenchurch St in the morning, reported at reception and got directed to the 7th floor. I was then picked up at their 7th floor reception for my technical/skills-based interview.

This lasted about an hour and was quite extensive and the interviewer was super nice and very down to earth. He'd worked at Accenture for a few years now in a variety of software-related roles and he was able to dissect exactly what I did and didn't know. The majority of the questions he asked were based on things found on my CV; specifically what aspects of my previous projects I'd worked on, what I had and hadn't done, things I would've done differently with the things I know now, and what areas of software I would like to learn if I were given the opportunity.

At times I felt pretty grilled in the sense that there were definitely things I didn't know (when it came to things like large database maintenance, software testing in broader terms and defect analysis— a term I'd heard very few times up until now), but I was honest and said I didn't know too much about those aspects in general, although I guess I had some idea.

After this interview I was taken back to reception where the same person who did my phone interview would then pick me up to do an hour-long HR/competency interview.

This was basically a repeat/extension of the phone interview. I was asked the same questions as well as some others, such as:
- Name the competitors of Accenture
- Describe a situation where you had to approach a challenge on your own
- Would you have done anything differently?
- Describe your role(s) in your university project (I had a software engineering team project at my 2nd year at university)

After this, I was taken back to reception, said good-bye etc and the interview process was over. I was told I'd be contacted within 10 working days (same as the phone interview). I was contacted the next weekday.

Interview Question – Because I come from an app development background, I thought I knew everything when it came to the technical interview. Of course, there are so many other aspects to software other than making mobile apps, many of which barely involve any programming at all. I was asked a lot of questions about these, not only what I knew about them but also what I want to learn about them. Just be open-minded, expect lots of different areas that you haven't worked on, and be honest about what you know and don't know.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Business Technology Analyst Placement Interview

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details The 1st interview was a recorded skype interview which was quite stressful however went quite well. I was then invited to an AC in London, this involved a case study, the creation of a project management timeline and a final interview. Everything was time pressured and there was a lot of information.

Interview Question – The project timeline at the AC was very time pressured   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Accenture

Interview Details There are 2 round interviews in Accenture CDC. Before the first interview there is an examination which related to the technology skills, and the first round interview is about compentency question, second interview will test your technology language, speaking language and so on.

IT Strategy Consultant Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Accenture.

Interview Details Contacted directly by an Accenture recruiter for IT Strategy Consultant role.

First round: Skills interview over the phone. General competency questions as well questions to judge your knowledge of IT strategy. What is the future of IT Strategy? Which companies do you think have good IT Strategies?

Second round: HR interview - more competency questions focusing on leadership. Also why do you want to join accenture?

Third round: MD interview, Case study and Potentia interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – unable to negotiate on salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Accenture

Worked for Accenture? Contribute to the Community!

Accenture – Why Work for Us?

Join a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with approximately 281,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of Accenture’s capabilities and client… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accenture interview questions and advice. All 2,676 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Accenture employees and interview candidates.