Accenture

Updated 30 Jan 2015
3,469 Interview Reviews

2.9

Graduate Management Consulting Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Lots of questions are similar to the ones posted here so do read the other posts and prepare accordingly.
    Remember you are not being marked against each other and teamwork is highly regarded so make effort to work with others and be seen to consider other people's opinions.
    Listen carefully to the instructions and do not be afraid to ask questions if you're unsure. You are not expected to have prior knowledge of case studies nor would such knowledge be of particular advantage. Think logically and don't forget to explain yourself at each stage to make your thinking easy to follow for the interviewer and to show how you reached your outcomes.

N/A Standard offer.

Graduate Technology Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Applied online. (Be sure to write lots for each of the questions)
    Quick online test. (Super easy)
    Telephone interview with competency questions and case study.
    Assessment Centre in London with 3 stages.
    - Data analysis test. (bring a calculator)
    - Group case study. (speak up)
    - 1 to 1 interview. (there are no wrong answers, explain your opinion fully)

Interview Questions
    I'm currently negotiating to change my start date to allow me to complete a masters.

Web Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

initial was telephonic interview from HR and asked general competitive questions. Next was online test from IKM (HTML5, CSS3, JS, PHP) and after that was face to face interview with manager

No negotiation

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

The assessment centre was quite tough. They've changed it from previous years, there is now an analytical exercise that is time pressured. Essentially you have five questions to answer and a 14 page document full of information, from various sources, to summarise and make decisions.
    The 1:1 interview was relatively straight forward and the same as the telephone interview.
    Finally, the group exercise. Based on two merging banks and you have to choose from a range of solutions that best serve the client. It was hard because there was so much information to take in and digest and then discuss with the group. Again time pressured.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

I spent a great deal of time compiling information from across their social networks to complete my application. The preparation time for the application is horrendous, especially given at such an early stage.

I graduated from a London business school with first class honours and had additional work experience, but wasn't even offered an interview. This shows that you not only need a good degree but also demonstrate that you are exceptional, given the vast number of applicants they have.

Interview Questions
    • In what ways does Accenture use technology to help its clients improve their business?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

There were three interviews conducted, all in same day. First was HR , Second was Skills interview by a Manager and then Case Type interview by a Senior Manager

Interview Questions
    • The case interview went nowhere ! The case was a bit vague and I could not get to where the interviewer wanted me to go.   Answer Question

Graduate (Management Consultancy) Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

The process was extremely quick, compared to other graduate applications where you wait for weeks, I received a reply within a few days.

The application is pretty straightforward and the usual career choice related questions.

The initial phone interview was relaxed, went extremely quickly and was very chatty. You were allowed time to think if you needed, the interviewer was patient but also moved me along if need be, so stay precise and get to the point! All questions were general, why accenture, why consulting, competency based questions, then a case study.
    The case study was simple, no need to have extensive knowledge of all things technical. A lot is logic and a basic understanding of the technology used in business etc.

They got back to me within a week, inviting me to an Assessment Centre.
    This was also not as daunting as you'd expect, only 8 people attending. To start of with a test, that you have to complete within a set time. My advice is to stay simple, jot down points for every question, don't go into too much detail. Then there was a group sessions, another in depth case study. Working in a group of four, you need to stand out and still stay focused, remembering it's a team effort. Still quite relaxed. Finally a one to one interview, with an extension of the case study and the same career choice and competency based questions. Your time to shine and go into more detail! Show your research in the company and sector!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to change your plans during a process that wasn't going so well.   View Answer
    Able to negotiate on the start date, I made it obvious I wished to start before the intial date they had given. Within a week of the offer my start date was brought 6 months forward.
    Just be honest, a lot of people defer to travel and if you show genuine enthusiasm and a need to begin earlier, they do listen.

Graduate Consulting Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

Lengthy online application process with a lot of written questions such as "Why Accenture?", "What is the role of an Analyst?", and "How does Accenture use technology?". The application process takes much longer than equivalent processes for other firms (Especially in strategy consulting). It is also fairly arbitrary whether you get through; I applied two years running with a very similar application and was successful only the second time round.

After this I was invited for a one hour telephone interview. It was with someone from HR and felt more like being called by someone from a call centre than a professional interview. The interview was in three sections, the first about how well you know the firm, the second about your competencies and the last was a short case study. The case study was quite easy, although try to know as many Accenture products as possible so you can reference them in your answer.

I fell down on the knowledge of Accenture section. I hadn't done enough research and didn't answer questions like "how is Accenture structured?", well enough. If you do your research, practice competency answers and know a bit about technology it isn't too hard an interview.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I was contacted through the recruiter and when i made the application to go through, it took 4 weeks to complete the process.
    First was the telephonic round, hr round for an hour was quite straight forward, asking about past experiences and skills, also couple of behavioural questions.
    Second round was after 1.5 weeks time, face to face with a senior manager, who was quite friendly, it was more like chatting than interview. We discussed on my previous employer, my roles and various tools used. Few technical questions on informatica and cognos. What you write in ur CV is very important, questions will be based on that. After the interview for an hour, i did the case study as i was mentioned before the interview. I was asked to design a high level data model.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

Process was as follows:
    1. HR phone screening -- Basic questions around eligibility to work, behavioural Q&A.
    2. Senior manager phone interview -- Mainly focused on past experience Q&A, motivation to work at Accenture, reasons for considering it now, how it fits into career path.
    3. Director Potentia interview, in person -- a 45 minute exercise. Read a brief paragraph and summarise the points of view. Then begin to distil the issues, what concerns or reflections you have, start to make recommendations and planning, think wider into the long term. A very difficult exercise that gets outside the standard case interview process. It is designed to see how you think through a broad (possibly non-business) problem, key issues and ways of solving. (It was actually kind of fun because it was challenging and different.)
    4. Director case interview, in person -- 45 minute case study. 10 minutes to review a one page case, take notes, etc. More interviewer driven by questions rather than interviewee driven by a framework, but the classic consulting case prep will help here. Then 15 minutes asking many of the same questions about fit/career as in the senior manager phone interview.
    5. MD interview, in person -- 30 minute interview where the MD probed deeper than others and asked tougher questions around duration of employment in current role, etc. But I think at this point the decision was mostly made and he was doing the final check!

By the way, HR practices are poor. Stay on top of them toward the end of the process. Recruiting with another large consultancy was far better in terms of HR responsiveness and organisation.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare to think broadly and be creative for the Potentia interview, particularly in the second half. The topic could be almost anything so it really is true -- hard to prepare for.   Answer Question
    Be up front with salary expectations in the first interview. Be firm. Use the Glassdoor range (it is accurate) to aim for the top third of the range if you think you are closer to the top of the skills/qualifications for the position. By doing this I got the salary I wanted and there were no negotiations.