Accenture Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
3,707 Interview Reviews

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture (London, England).

Interview

telephone interview was extremely fun she was very helpful and there were no roadblocks to speaking my mind. did a great job and very happy with the entire process. Cheers!

Graduate Role Consulting - Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process is quite quick! The Assessment Centre (Group exercise, etc.) and the Final Interview are done on the same half day. Despite of being a stressful 4 hours, the atmosphere is quite relaxed and the staff is very friendly and nice. It is a formal event and everyone is very professional of course, but I also had a very good time because the exercises were quite interesting and the interviews very engaging!

Interview Questions

• Structure: In-tray exercise (25 min), Group exercise (30 min), Interview (about 30 min)

IN-TRAY:
      Basic format. Make sure you read the information correctly! This means flick through the documents and assess what the best order would be. For example make sure you read some text before you look at the graphs so that you know what you are looking for and what the data is showing. Spend as little as you can on the first question because it is easy to go overboard with the first one and run out of time for the remaining ones. Bullet point everything, and try to write as neatly as you possibly can under the circumstances (this is something I didn't do and I am not too proud of my writing!)

GROUP EXERCISE:
      Basic format again. You will have to pick 4 solutions out of a pile of 15 approximately. You have to split the available information with the other team members and then present what you read in turn so that you can decide on which one to pick. Make sure you know what you are doing: read and write down some bullet points so that you know exactly what to tell your team when you all present to each other. This will save time, but also make it clear - and easy to remember what option is what.
      Keep an eye on the clock, interact with everyone, try to make the quieter people talk and if you can take the lead on some tasks (summarise, write on the board, remind the time to the team, etc.).

INTERVIEW:
      They made a point of not sharing the exact questions. However, I can tell you what questions to prepare (this is probably more helpful as different people got asked different things, so make sure you prepare all of them!).
      The interview is divided into two parts: first, you will talk about the group exercise. This comprises explaining your choices, answering some questions about your reasoning, reading an extra piece of information and then linking it back to your previous answers. It is pretty straight forward but make sure you pay attention to everything during the group exercise and write down some notes that you can use during the interview.
      The second part of the interview is more HR related. Again, you will be asked about the group exercise but this time you need to answer questions about your performance during the exercise (how do you think you did? what would you change? etc.). Then more general questions about yourself and the company. Why Consulting? Why Technology? Why Accenture? What do you expect to achieve at Accenture if you get the position? Tell me a time where you had to change your plans half way through a project because something did not go as expected, etc.
      Make sure you know WHO the company is. This means you read about their values, their structure, their projects, etc. Then show you can link it to WHO you are: how you would fit in the company? how will you make the most of the opportunities at Accenture? Prepare some examples.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your Assessment Centre!

Answer Question

Technology Placement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

The first round was a video interview together with a small technical challenge. I was asked some basic questions about myself and my motivation for working for Accenture. After that I had to write a program in whatever programming language I wanted in 20 minutes in order to solve a particular problem. I was asked for a face-to-face interview after this.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (London, England).

Interview

Applied for a winning women event. Everyone who attended it was fast-tracked to a video recorded interview, which I passed. The AC consisted of a group exercise, an individual analysis exercise and an individual interview. The AC was with people applying to graduate roles and summer internships together.

Interview Questions

• Why Accenture? Why consulting? where do you see yourself in 10 years? Why technology?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Industrial Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole interview process took about 3 months. I submitted an online application in which I had to answer some questionnaires and also had to submit my CV and had the options to submit some other supporting documents.

After about 2 weeks later I got an email saying that I was successful with the application and they would contact me in the next 4-5 day with the with the details about an video interview. I got the link to the video interview after a couple of days. It was basically a one sided video interview in which the questions are shown on the screen and I have to answer them which the camera records me. I took about an hour to answer all the questions. There were about 8 questions and most of them were about yourself and the job role. At the end of the interview I was given a coding challenge which I could solve in any programming language of my choice. I chose Java and I was given a paragraph explaining what to implement and was also given a partially implemented program. I was also given some JUnit test cases that needed to pass when the program was fully implemented. I was given about 20mins to do the programming. After making the tests pass I submitted the interview. I got a confirmation that I had completed the interview.

Approximately a month I got an email saying that I was successful at the video interview and they would like to call me for one to one interview. After a few days I got my dates for my interview and the interview was in their London office. The interview was for an hour and was mostly going deep into my CV and discussing all the modules and the projects and also getting to know about my career goals and how I am going to achieve them and how I will be helpful to the company. During the interview process they asked my some questions regarding software engineering and software life cycles.

I was positive about the interview and was expecting a positive outcome. About 4 days after the interview I got a call from them and they were willing to give me the position. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your role as a Software Engineer at Accenture?   1 Answer

Summer Vacation Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

The first step was to complete an Application form which consisted of a Situational Judgment test in it.
    After approximately two days I got an email requesting me to do an online interview where I was presented with a question, had 30 seconds to prepare for it, and then had to answer within 3 minutes. I could record my answer up to 2 times. My advice here is to read carefully the email they send you as it includes everything you need to prepare for.

After about 2 weeks I got a phone call telling me that I was successful and was called up for the Assessment Centre. This will be held next week.

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I had two rounds, a Video interview which focused mainly on HR style questions, and finding ot why you want to work for the company. Then a Technical Skills Interview that went through your CV picking out what you have said you have done.. Questions on SDLC, Testing, SQL/ Database Structures and Java

Interview Questions

• Describe the Waterfall Model..?
      What are current IT trends?
      Who is our Biggest competitor?
      What is inheritance?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Do Research into the company as they pick up on this. Didn't have opportunity for negotiation as it was a university scheme.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

IKM JAVA 6 SE Test

The reason I am posting this is , there was not much information about this test when I had to take, so this might be useful.

My experience of IKM Java 6 SE test is :

The test is not an easy one. I mean for me it was very confusing as I have not been working on Java based projects recently. It tests your understanding of OOPs concepts, access modifiers, inheritence, enums, threads, N/w. Actually you can look for IKM result analysis sheets and that sheet has scoring on each sections. Tht way you will know all different sections for the exam.

But overall, it is not an easy exam. It is confusing, unless you know all the concepts of core Java clearly. Well do understand all the java concepts and when I was working on Java Projects, i was quite good at them. But now, while giving the test , i was confused cos of lack of time prepare/REFresh.
    It has some different logic to scoring, which I am still confused.

That's about the test.

The test tries to check your theoretical knowledge of confusing concepts of JAVA, but I cannot really understand how that proves that you are good developer.

Hope this helps someone , who is going to taking IKM test. I have given mine, but I am waiting for the result. Donno.. what's going to happen.. but I am hopeful ..:).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

A month after completing the very lengthy online application in September, I received an email from HR notifying my progression to the next stage of the process. The phone interview was conducted in a very professional and standard HR approach. Questions like 'Why did you choose the degree you are currently pursuing' and 'What excites you most about the role you have applied for' filled the half an hour conversation. Nothing too mind blowing or difficult. In January (long after I'd assumed to have been rejected) I received another email congratulating my progression to an in-person interview in London.

Upon arrival I was met by my HR interviewer who showed me around the office and had a chat while making some coffee, a pleasant introduction to set us both at ease before the interview. The interview was very relaxed and conversational focusing on my motivation to work for Accenture, which industries their services cater to, and how my skills could be useful to the company. My interviewer had initiated the session by requesting I follow the STAR approach of Situation, Task, Action, and Result to help mould my answers into a targeted response.

The next interview was with a member of the technical team who went through my CV piece by piece and asked a variety of questions, all curiosity driven with a genuine interest in what I found most rewarding/challenging in past projects. He then struck up a conversation about recent technology trends and which developing technologies I found most interesting and why I follow specific news streams. Finally he withdrew a few pages of Java theory questions and asked a selection of very basic programming questions (difference between variable and class, what's the advantage of iteration vs recursion etc) which I covered in 1st year of computer science. The whole process was very relaxed and casual. A good chunk of time was spent simply discussing wearable tech because I was wearing a Moto360 at the time!

I was then walked to the elevators and told I would hear back within 2-3 days. The HR interviewer phoned the next day and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Software Development Lifecycle and explain the importance of each step in practice.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through the Inspiring Women Event. Would definitely recommend attending one of these events as your application then gets fast tracked.

Video interview following the Inspiring Women Event. Very straightforward, all of the information you need to know in advance is outlined in an email you receive. Just make sure that you prepare answers for the questions they suggest that you prepare for in the email, as they will come up.

Final stage is the AC. AC split into 3 parts - An analytical exercise, group exercise and then a final 1:1 interview. The whole day is supposed to feel time pressured, so you will not have a lot of time for each task, just make sure you answer everything and say everything that you want to say within the time. The key to the AC is preparation and really understanding who Accenture is and what they do, and then drawing on these examples.