Accenture Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
3,177 Interview Reviews

2.9

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

I was contacted through the recruiter and when i made the application to go through, it took 4 weeks to complete the process.
    First was the telephonic round, hr round for an hour was quite straight forward, asking about past experiences and skills, also couple of behavioural questions.
    Second round was after 1.5 weeks time, face to face with a senior manager, who was quite friendly, it was more like chatting than interview. We discussed on my previous employer, my roles and various tools used. Few technical questions on informatica and cognos. What you write in ur CV is very important, questions will be based on that. After the interview for an hour, i did the case study as i was mentioned before the interview. I was asked to design a high level data model.

Process Excellence & Change Enablement Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

1. Online Application (including situational judgment test)
    2. Telephone Interview (including a series of questions regarding your understanding of Accenture's business, your experience (competency-based), and a small case study)
    3. Assessment Centre

Tips:
    1. Thoroughly prepare 3-5 case studies on Accenture's website, you should be able to talk in-depth about how Accenture helped the client in that case).
    2. Be simple and sharp.

Interview Questions

The start date is too late for me.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Basic Application, Telephone Competency Interview, Assessment Centre

Very basic situational judgement test completed before application details are even filled in. The application is fairly basic for a graduate consulting position and there are no further online tests. The next stage is a telephone interview asking pretty much only competency questions.

Eg.
    1. Why Consulting
    2. Why Accenture
    3. How are we different from our competitors
    4. Tell me about our different service lines
    5. How have you demonstrated leadership, good communication, teamwork etc

There is then a small case-study over the phone but again it is fairly basic.

The assessment centre is case study based followed by an individual interview.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Sent an application online. After that There were two interviews: first one on the telephone and the second one-to-one at the London office. General conversation for both interviews. There weren't many technical questions asked and was more of a check of your CV to expand on those points.

Analyst Consulting Group (Graduate Programmer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Filled out the online application, heard back within the week inviting me to a telephone interview.

Telephone interview was split into three parts: questions about Accenture and why I wanted to work for them, competency-based questions ("describe a situation when...") and a short case study at the end. Was called the next day to invite me to an assessment centre.

Assessment centre was only a morning (approximately 9.00am-12.45pm). There were a few un-assessed parts: manager presentation and Q&A with a current analyst, and two assessed parts: group exercise (split into groups to discuss solutions Accenture can offer for companies merging) and a 1-on-1 interview (part of this followed on from the solutions in the morning, the other part was asking about my understanding of and interest in Accenture).

They said they will get back to us in 10-15 working days, so still waiting to hear on the outcome of my application.

Interview Questions
    • Why specifically should clients come to us over our competitors?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

I applied online. Next day got a call to schedule phone interview with HR. During the phone screen interview you would be asked behavioral interview questions,so be well prepared for that.

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Accenture in September 2014.

Hello all,
                    I applied for test analyst position at Accenture NewCastle upon tyne online. Got called next day for a telephonic interview. Which was next working day and went quiet good , my interviewer was a lovely lady. She asked general behavioural questions which you can easily google. I prepared all my answers in advance thinking about job/ university situations which I had to handle recently. Replied confidently. She told me that I was confident too. In the interview email sent from Accenture it was written that I will get know the outcome of my first interview within 10 working days. Still waiting for any response.

Interview Questions
    • Not really, but they will ask for the outcome of any actions that you might have taken in a situation   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in September 2014.

I emailed my CV and cover letter to the recruitment team at Accenture as it was for an experienced hire role.

A couple of days later I received a screening call from a recruiter in HR who had been assigned to my application.
    They chatted to me about my current situation, my background and why I had applied for the role. It lasted probably around 10 or 15 mins and seemed to be just to check I was genuinely interested in the role. They informed me during the call that they were going to put me forward for a telephone interview and I would get an email to confirm the time and date.

The next day, a different person from HR rang me and tried to conduct the telephone interview there and then. I was unable to carry out the interview at the time and explained that I was told I would be able to arrange a suitable time by email. I was told I would receive an email to arrange an alternative time and date for the telephone interview.

I received the email a couple of days later, which said it was going to be a 30-45 min interview with some competency based questions and some technical questions, as well as why I wanted to work for Accenture. The call actually only lasted about 10 minutes and turned out to be a more detailed check on my education history and previous work - no technical or competency based questions were asked.

About a week later, I was informed that I had been invited to a 1 hr 'skills interview' at the local Accenture office. This interview was more enjoyable than the telephone interview, however was with two managers and mainly a more generic interview, rather than being skills based. There was a lot of discussion about my expectations, how the company worked and what the role would be. I was asked 3 basic technical questions, two about Unix and one about SQL, one generic problem based question and asked to describe an SQL query.

About 3 days later I received a call from my original recruitment advisor, explaining that they were still waiting for feedback from my interview but wanted to know how I thought it had gone. They also asked what my situation was regarding any other interviews and whether or not I would accept the job if it was offered. A couple of hours later I was offered the job over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • If something you are coding does not compile, what steps would you take?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was offered, and I was happy with the job role and salary.

Recruitment Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accenture.

Initial coms were well presented with an introductory phone conversation and interview. I was then brought in for a face to face to interview at the Kingston offices which was a pleasant environment and a well laid out format.

Interview Questions
    • "When have you gone above and beyond expectations outside of your daily work remit?"   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Initially received an email notifying me of my selection for a telephone interview.
    10 days later I received a phone call informing me that I had progressed to the next stage i.e. face to face interview.
    The interview went well. It was thorough in an atmosphere was relaxed but professional. They went through my cv in great detail.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider to be the key challenges of using Agile methodology?   Answer Question