Accenture

3,556 Interview Reviews

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Applied for a winning women event. Everyone who attended it was fast-tracked to a video recorded interview, which I passed. The AC consisted of a group exercise, an individual analysis exercise and an individual interview. The AC was with people applying to graduate roles and summer internships together.

Interview Questions
    • Why Accenture? Why consulting? where do you see yourself in 10 years? Why technology?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in February 2015.

A month after completing the very lengthy online application in September, I received an email from HR notifying my progression to the next stage of the process. The phone interview was conducted in a very professional and standard HR approach. Questions like 'Why did you choose the degree you are currently pursuing' and 'What excites you most about the role you have applied for' filled the half an hour conversation. Nothing too mind blowing or difficult. In January (long after I'd assumed to have been rejected) I received another email congratulating my progression to an in-person interview in London.

Upon arrival I was met by my HR interviewer who showed me around the office and had a chat while making some coffee, a pleasant introduction to set us both at ease before the interview. The interview was very relaxed and conversational focusing on my motivation to work for Accenture, which industries their services cater to, and how my skills could be useful to the company. My interviewer had initiated the session by requesting I follow the STAR approach of Situation, Task, Action, and Result to help mould my answers into a targeted response.

The next interview was with a member of the technical team who went through my CV piece by piece and asked a variety of questions, all curiosity driven with a genuine interest in what I found most rewarding/challenging in past projects. He then struck up a conversation about recent technology trends and which developing technologies I found most interesting and why I follow specific news streams. Finally he withdrew a few pages of Java theory questions and asked a selection of very basic programming questions (difference between variable and class, what's the advantage of iteration vs recursion etc) which I covered in 1st year of computer science. The whole process was very relaxed and casual. A good chunk of time was spent simply discussing wearable tech because I was wearing a Moto360 at the time!

I was then walked to the elevators and told I would hear back within 2-3 days. The HR interviewer phoned the next day and made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the Software Development Lifecycle and explain the importance of each step in practice.   Answer Question

Graduate Management Consulting Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Lots of questions are similar to the ones posted here so do read the other posts and prepare accordingly.
    Remember you are not being marked against each other and teamwork is highly regarded so make effort to work with others and be seen to consider other people's opinions.
    Listen carefully to the instructions and do not be afraid to ask questions if you're unsure. You are not expected to have prior knowledge of case studies nor would such knowledge be of particular advantage. Think logically and don't forget to explain yourself at each stage to make your thinking easy to follow for the interviewer and to show how you reached your outcomes.

N/A Standard offer.

Graduate Technology Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Applied online. (Be sure to write lots for each of the questions)
    Quick online test. (Super easy)
    Telephone interview with competency questions and case study.
    Assessment Centre in London with 3 stages.
    - Data analysis test. (bring a calculator)
    - Group case study. (speak up)
    - 1 to 1 interview. (there are no wrong answers, explain your opinion fully)

Interview Questions
    I'm currently negotiating to change my start date to allow me to complete a masters.

Web Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

initial was telephonic interview from HR and asked general competitive questions. Next was online test from IKM (HTML5, CSS3, JS, PHP) and after that was face to face interview with manager

No negotiation

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

The assessment centre was quite tough. They've changed it from previous years, there is now an analytical exercise that is time pressured. Essentially you have five questions to answer and a 14 page document full of information, from various sources, to summarise and make decisions.
    The 1:1 interview was relatively straight forward and the same as the telephone interview.
    Finally, the group exercise. Based on two merging banks and you have to choose from a range of solutions that best serve the client. It was hard because there was so much information to take in and digest and then discuss with the group. Again time pressured.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Accenture in December 2014.

1st - HR - Straight forward. Going through the CV. Very open discussion.
    2nd - MD - Telephonic. MD was slightly unsure about the role, which is very surprising. Besides he was interviewing for a Sales role, whereas he himself was from Delivery and Transition. No tough questions, no questions about interests, accenture's plans, role description. Kept referring to Accenture as the big four... consulting... we do like this types. Overall I feel that I wouldn't have been comfortable working in his team. Although the HR later told me that there was a gap in experience and it was only by a small margin, I really feel that I failed to connect with the person and I'm pretty sure that the feeling was mutual. I was really interested in Accenture before this, but now I am not sure. Overall I am very happy that I didn't get the offer or progress to the next stage.

Makes me better.

Good Luck others!

Interview Questions
    • None specific - run of the mill stuff. The interviewer was mainly looking for reasons or crack in CV.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

There were three interviews conducted, all in same day. First was HR , Second was Skills interview by a Manager and then Case Type interview by a Senior Manager

Interview Questions
    • The case interview went nowhere ! The case was a bit vague and I could not get to where the interviewer wanted me to go.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

I spent a great deal of time compiling information from across their social networks to complete my application. The preparation time for the application is horrendous, especially given at such an early stage.

I graduated from a London business school with first class honours and had additional work experience, but wasn't even offered an interview. This shows that you not only need a good degree but also demonstrate that you are exceptional, given the vast number of applicants they have.

Interview Questions
    • In what ways does Accenture use technology to help its clients improve their business?   Answer Question

Graduate (Management Consultancy) Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture in November 2014.

The process was extremely quick, compared to other graduate applications where you wait for weeks, I received a reply within a few days.

The application is pretty straightforward and the usual career choice related questions.

The initial phone interview was relaxed, went extremely quickly and was very chatty. You were allowed time to think if you needed, the interviewer was patient but also moved me along if need be, so stay precise and get to the point! All questions were general, why accenture, why consulting, competency based questions, then a case study.
    The case study was simple, no need to have extensive knowledge of all things technical. A lot is logic and a basic understanding of the technology used in business etc.

They got back to me within a week, inviting me to an Assessment Centre.
    This was also not as daunting as you'd expect, only 8 people attending. To start of with a test, that you have to complete within a set time. My advice is to stay simple, jot down points for every question, don't go into too much detail. Then there was a group sessions, another in depth case study. Working in a group of four, you need to stand out and still stay focused, remembering it's a team effort. Still quite relaxed. Finally a one to one interview, with an extension of the case study and the same career choice and competency based questions. Your time to shine and go into more detail! Show your research in the company and sector!!!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to change your plans during a process that wasn't going so well.   View Answer
    Able to negotiate on the start date, I made it obvious I wished to start before the intial date they had given. Within a week of the offer my start date was brought 6 months forward.
    Just be honest, a lot of people defer to travel and if you show genuine enthusiasm and a need to begin earlier, they do listen.