Accenture Interview Questions

3,072 Interview Reviews

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

Once online screening is complete based on your application, which can take a week or two due to volume. You will be invited to an initial interview (also known as a first round) this consists of competency based questions around your academic career, skills (are you a good team player, are you logical etc) they will also ask you about strength and weaknesses. To prepare make sure you read the website as it tells you what the interviewer will be looking for.

Second and final round is the assessment centre and HR interview. Assessment centre is to see how you work with other people that you don't necessarily know as you can often be put into Accenture teams you have not worked with before. You need to demonstrate how you can play and active role and lead (if necessary). You will then have a final interview with HR.

You should hear back within a week of the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • The case study during the second round is the hardest question as you have to get through a lot of information in a short period of time   View Answer
    For analyst level its a fixed salary (unless you are an experienced hire) it is competitive

Analyst Consulting Group Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in November 2013.

Filled in online application form and was contacted a couple of weeks later for a telephone interview. Half an hour long interview covering competency question, knowledge of Accenture and a case study. I feel that I ultimately fell down on my lack of preparation for my case study and not having prepared enough for competency questions.

Interview Questions
    • After naming IBM and Capgemini as Accenture's main competitors in technology I was pushed for even more, despite having named other companies already.
      Case study asked me to help a company who was having trouble integrating its systems but lacked funds to invest in a specific platform.
        Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture in May 2010.

Once your CV is selected, you will first get a phone interview, if you pass the required passing score you will get 2 interviews and a case study, the case study can be tricky, the interviewer will not look for a right or wrong answer, but rather your approach and how you go about breaking a problem down, so best to practice case study analysis for this stage.

Interview Questions
    • case study can be tricky if you are not fully prepared   Answer Question
    you get an offer and it isn't really negotiable, offer was good so I accepted it!

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

After applying, invited to a two round interview process. One with a Potentia Interview and another case interview.
    The Potentia is an article with a topic that has an ambivalent argument. Your goal is to summarize the article and then to explain why those statements were made, how would you deal with such a situation and give concrete examples. They will ask you to hypothetically assume what would happen in 5-10 years time. There is no right or wrong answers, but you should be talking as much as possible and repeat yourself as least as possible.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Just read about many topics and be ready to give your opinion on various subjects. The case was a regular management consulting case, with market sizing and pricing questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

I applied for Accenture's technology graduate programme through its online application form. The initial stage was a standard experiences and company knowledge form. This was followed up by a phone interview, which checked on my motivation for joining the company, the hardest decision I had to take in my university, et al - fairly standard HR question with nothing technical in it.

My face-to-face interview took longer to arrange due to scheduling issues. It was a two-part interview, with the first one being taken by an HR manager. It went over teamwork examples that I had done during my industrial placement year and specific choices that I had made regarding my degree pathway. This was followed by a technical interview which went into specifics of work experience and academic projects that I had worked on in software. I also got asked some standard questions about the software development life cycle, testing and integration, and methodologies such as Agile.

Since I had extenuating circumstances on my application, I was initially given a conditional job offer, which was confirmed after an investigation into my circumstances.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between the standard waterfall model of software development vs Agile?   Answer Question

Graduate, Analyst Consulting Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

Online application form, telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • Fairly predictable motivation and competency-based questions; "tell me about a time you worked with a difficult team member"   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2012.

2nd stage interview

Interview Questions
    • Group exercise on traditional business moving to online only   Answer Question
    Very fair

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

The questions were mostly competency based and your knowledge about Accenture.
    Some example would be why accenture/consulting, what does Accenture do, how does Accenture use its technology to help its clients.

My case study was a little different, it's about a utility company being fines by regulators. Just be calm and ask the interviewer to repeat the paragraph or questions if you can't catch it.

Got through to AC but haven't done it yet.

Interview Questions
    • How does Accenture differentiate itself from its competitors   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

This was the first process of the interview which was the phone call. Progressing from that would have led to the first face to face, there would be a second face to face before securing the job can be guaranteed.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked: What is your biggest achievement besides anything you might have stated in your CV. It also has to be related to your profession. What would you change here if you were given the chance?   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Hiring process was semi formal, my manager had worked with hiring manager, plus a friend had moved across. Three sets of interviews , first consulting case, second technical and third HR. the consulting case was more role play. The technical interview went through all the projects from the past. The HR interview was agreeing on time of joining and delaying the reference check until i wanted my then employers to know of my planed move.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated for pay and joining dates