Accenture Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014
3,191 Interview Reviews

2.9

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture.

Hiring process was semi formal, my manager had worked with hiring manager, plus a friend had moved across. Three sets of interviews , first consulting case, second technical and third HR. the consulting case was more role play. The technical interview went through all the projects from the past. The HR interview was agreeing on time of joining and delaying the reference check until i wanted my then employers to know of my planed move.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated for pay and joining dates

Grad ACG Role Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Accenture.

Tough telephone interview (relatively) - 6 competency questions, usually organisations ask for 3. The other questions are available from wikijobs. I faired ok, but the competition must be very intense and didn't get an offer. I had prepared for the casestudy which was on a supermarket with out of stock products. I'm 99% sure my downfall was a lack of a very strong interest in technology, I didn't flag up much of an interest in it in the initial answers and in the case study, whilst I was good on the analysis, I didn't flag up where technology would be coming in (although I implied it in terms of analytics for example), and I didn't do well on the follow up q. on tech.

Supply Chain and Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

Interview with HR followed by 2 competency based interviews with line manager and a senior manager above her

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were fairly typical for competency based interviews. Nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question

Placement Student Interview

First round telephone interview. This consisted mostly of competency based questions, such as leadership experience, and how i would deal with different situations. This also involved a very basic case study. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very pleasant, the interviewer clearly knew what he was doing.

Interview Questions
    • We had to do a case study and then present it, and then when I was presenting it, the parameters got changed and had to adapt quickly   Answer Question

Had an offer from another company that I valued more

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

I applied for Accenture's technology graduate programme through its online application form. The initial stage was a standard experiences and company knowledge form. This was followed up by a phone interview, which checked on my motivation for joining the company, the hardest decision I had to take in my university, et al - fairly standard HR question with nothing technical in it.

My face-to-face interview took longer to arrange due to scheduling issues. It was a two-part interview, with the first one being taken by an HR manager. It went over teamwork examples that I had done during my industrial placement year and specific choices that I had made regarding my degree pathway. This was followed by a technical interview which went into specifics of work experience and academic projects that I had worked on in software. I also got asked some standard questions about the software development life cycle, testing and integration, and methodologies such as Agile.

Since I had extenuating circumstances on my application, I was initially given a conditional job offer, which was confirmed after an investigation into my circumstances.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between the standard waterfall model of software development vs Agile?   Answer Question

Graduate, Analyst Consulting Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

Online application form, telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • Fairly predictable motivation and competency-based questions; "tell me about a time you worked with a difficult team member"   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

I applied online and was called the next day, for an interview 3 days after. I had little time to prepare.
    Most of the questions were focused on them (what do we do, services, industries, etc) instead of me. Then there was a short case interview, presenting a business problem and asking me to give solutions.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

No standard process

Negotiate before you join, HR rule the roost and won't negotiate once you're in.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Accenture.

3 interviews.
    1st with Manager and HR
    2nd with Senior Manager
    3rd with Partner

Interview Questions
    • Nothing diffiucult if you are prepared!
      The process is open and they don't try to trip you up.
      They are just trying to find out more about you and how you cope / deal with certain situations.
        Answer Question

Strategy Consultant-Financial Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Accenture in August 2013.

Pretty standard Accenture process.
    1. tel interview with a manager for fit and motivation type of question and also one "tell me about an interested project you worked on". Expect follow up questions on your case. I was discussing an interesting profitability project that I worked on lately. the manager asked me what was my approach and what exactly did I do.Key take away here is structuring, she wanted to see if there is a strategic process involved and whether this is repeatable.

2. HR interview - typical fit, "competency based questions of the sort, telling me about a situation where you ....... (im really bored of this, plenty of this kind of questions can be found online, I wont waste my words here...)

3. Case interview - not like typical Mck, Bain, BCG. A very generic M&A situation of two banks which have completely different business model, operating model, business procedure, vision, ethic etc.... the question is if they are able to merge, what are the issues you need you consider.

The structuring was very obvious since the case basically gave it all out (business strategy, operating model, technology,business ethic). But expect detailed follow up questions I each area, the interviewer will keep probing you see why you choose to analyse this areas- are you doing this for a strategic reason AKA (what was your hypothesis), or are you just fishing for information

There was virtually no maths involved, everything was very much high level and vague and as a candidate, one can not give data driven analysis to back up one's hypothesis.

Not sure what's gonna happen next. Accenture told me they are unable to tell me whether there will be an MD interview after this or they are able to make a yes/ no call as how it is. I I am under the impressive somehow that they seemed to imply that this is just for my case, but not for others! I find this very strange. The interviewer told me that I will be told of the result in 10 days. My interview was on Tuesday 20th. So still waiting to see what happens.

Overall, it's a lengthen process, it took two month to progress from the day I applied to the stage I am in just now....

But let, me say that:

1 I was really quite impressed with Accenture since the manager who did the tel interview with me sounds like someone who really knows what strategy consulting is and is highly ambitious and capable. I immediately deduced that she must come from a management consulting background since I did not have to explain all the consulting jargons I used and she was able to follow and understand exactly what I was talking about.

2. unlikely most other strategy houses, Accenture has a execution team in house (something like 30% rev comes from out sourcing for this firm). This is THE KEY reason I applied for the role. To gain an understanding of the execution side of work is crucial for a viable strategy to go live and Accenture is a firm that can offer it's employ this exposure.

Interview Questions
    • what are the evaluation metrics (specific) you would use to measure the progress of the project if you have 50 initiatives   View Answer