Accenture Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

After applying, invited to a two round interview process. One with a Potentia Interview and another case interview.
    The Potentia is an article with a topic that has an ambivalent argument. Your goal is to summarize the article and then to explain why those statements were made, how would you deal with such a situation and give concrete examples. They will ask you to hypothetically assume what would happen in 5-10 years time. There is no right or wrong answers, but you should be talking as much as possible and repeat yourself as least as possible.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions. Just read about many topics and be ready to give your opinion on various subjects. The case was a regular management consulting case, with market sizing and pricing questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

I applied for Accenture's technology graduate programme through its online application form. The initial stage was a standard experiences and company knowledge form. This was followed up by a phone interview, which checked on my motivation for joining the company, the hardest decision I had to take in my university, et al - fairly standard HR question with nothing technical in it.

My face-to-face interview took longer to arrange due to scheduling issues. It was a two-part interview, with the first one being taken by an HR manager. It went over teamwork examples that I had done during my industrial placement year and specific choices that I had made regarding my degree pathway. This was followed by a technical interview which went into specifics of work experience and academic projects that I had worked on in software. I also got asked some standard questions about the software development life cycle, testing and integration, and methodologies such as Agile.

Since I had extenuating circumstances on my application, I was initially given a conditional job offer, which was confirmed after an investigation into my circumstances.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between the standard waterfall model of software development vs Agile?   Answer Question

Graduate, Analyst Consulting Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in September 2013.

Online application form, telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • Fairly predictable motivation and competency-based questions; "tell me about a time you worked with a difficult team member"   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Accenture in October 2012.

2nd stage interview

Interview Questions
    • Group exercise on traditional business moving to online only   Answer Question
    Very fair

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

The questions were mostly competency based and your knowledge about Accenture.
    Some example would be why accenture/consulting, what does Accenture do, how does Accenture use its technology to help its clients.

My case study was a little different, it's about a utility company being fines by regulators. Just be calm and ask the interviewer to repeat the paragraph or questions if you can't catch it.

Got through to AC but haven't done it yet.

Interview Questions
    • How does Accenture differentiate itself from its competitors   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Accenture in April 2013.

This was the first process of the interview which was the phone call. Progressing from that would have led to the first face to face, there would be a second face to face before securing the job can be guaranteed.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked: What is your biggest achievement besides anything you might have stated in your CV. It also has to be related to your profession. What would you change here if you were given the chance?   View Answer

Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Accenture.

Hiring process was semi formal, my manager had worked with hiring manager, plus a friend had moved across. Three sets of interviews , first consulting case, second technical and third HR. the consulting case was more role play. The technical interview went through all the projects from the past. The HR interview was agreeing on time of joining and delaying the reference check until i wanted my then employers to know of my planed move.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated for pay and joining dates

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Accenture in August 2013.

Pre-interview phase: consisting of four short essays (roughly 500 words, a little more). Basically, you'll need to really research the website in order to answer the questions (what's a day of an analyst like? What do we do in our consulting?)

Telephone Interview: Three part interview consisting of questions on competency, the company, and a test case study. Pretty simple stuff if you've done the research for the previous questions.

Assessment day: Longer test case with other candidates testing your ability to work together and develop a project plan. Also consists of another competency overview.

Interview Questions
    • It's not difficult, but the question that sometimes catches people off guard: "Who are our competitors? In what areas?"   Answer Question
    Isn't one really

Grad ACG Role Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Accenture.

Tough telephone interview (relatively) - 6 competency questions, usually organisations ask for 3. The other questions are available from wikijobs. I faired ok, but the competition must be very intense and didn't get an offer. I had prepared for the casestudy which was on a supermarket with out of stock products. I'm 99% sure my downfall was a lack of a very strong interest in technology, I didn't flag up much of an interest in it in the initial answers and in the case study, whilst I was good on the analysis, I didn't flag up where technology would be coming in (although I implied it in terms of analytics for example), and I didn't do well on the follow up q. on tech.

Supply Chain and Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Accenture.

Interview with HR followed by 2 competency based interviews with line manager and a senior manager above her

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were fairly typical for competency based interviews. Nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question