Adecco Interview Questions

Updated 4 Apr 2015

2.5

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bailleston, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adecco (Bailleston, Scotland) in December 2014.

Interview

Not much to tell, the interview was basic , they failed to take id and proof of adresse , then had the cheeck to threaten to sack me a few weeks later as they didn't have it, well they took it and asked for this in the first place, instead o. Trying to make it look as if it was my fault

Summer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Adecco.

Interview

The position was a part of a bit of a marketing campaign - every country globally was assigned to open up a few places. But some of the things above may still apply in other settings.

Quite specific to the challenge, I believe, was the original submission of applications. You filled in a form with basic biographical data (including work experience and education), which was then followed by making a 30s video recording explaining why the job should go to you. After that there was a phase where people (anyone, including your own friends) could vote on your application online. The top in terms of votes were guaranteed a phone interview.

The phone interview asked some further information on biographical info, and then some basic motivations questions.

I was then invited to a group interview, where there were plenty of questions about both competency, motivations and how we would approach a client in a specific setting. These questions were all the kind of questions you'd expect to get at a personal interview, but you were now expected to answer them in front of the other top candidates, which can be a little unnerving if you're not used to it.

The next day all three of us got our replies.

Interview Questions

• Why should you, rather than the candidate beside you, get this job?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Adecco (London, England).

Interview

A good 2hr interview exploring background, sales, interests, knowledge as well as culture and personality fit. Felt a lot of ground was covered and I left with a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain your approach to sales?   Answer Question
    • Talk me through a sales process you have been part of?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach opening new business and what strategy would you deploy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A clear understanding of my package and other offers was asked and taken into account.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Adecco (London, England) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview is usually 2-3 stages and you get to meet the most senior members in the team which is great.
    Very relaxed style of interview but also very in tune with regards to your motivations and previous experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

General Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Adecco.

Interview

Spoke to recruiters at Career Fair. Asked them questions about their company, such as flexibility with transitioning potential employees and characteristics they looked for when hiring someone. The interview process was similar to a "normal" job interview. There was not a set-time (appointment). Just a time range. Otherwise, it was like other interviews, I've been on. The setting was not as formal.

Temporaly Staff Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Adecco.

Interview

Just one interview one on one for one hour. Then I had interview with Google at Tokyo office for second interview, 2 on one, around 40 or 50 min. The interviews were fun and I could have a good time. I got the offer soon (within a few days later).

Substitute Driver Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Adecco.

Interview

I did a "phone interview" in which the woman mumbled the whole time. It was simple questions like if I could work in the U.S. and specifics about the job. They also asked me at least (at least!) three times if I've ever stolen anything. I'm not sure why they wouldn't just do a background check if they were that concerned. They told me everything sounded good, and that I just needed to come into the office.
    An appointment at my closest office was cancelled because people keep calling off (this is exactly what I was told over the phone), and I was told that I would have to go to an office that was an hour and a half away from me. The appointment was made for a week out, and the woman on the phone huffed and puffed when I asked for a specific time instead of just a date. She was hacking loudly in my ear the entire time, not even attempting to keep the phone away from her mouth, and not even apologizing. She also kept putting me on hold, like scheduling appointments is some kind of complicated process. I got scheduled and was told to complete "pre-employment documents". This was a disaster. I was an IT helpdesk agent in the early 2000s and I continue my computer education, but I was completely unable to figure out how to get to their online documents without spending at least half an hour doing ridiculous work-arounds. They offered no assistance other than to make sure I had Adobe downloaded (which I do, and it works fine). I decided the frustration wasn't worth it. I called back the next day to cancel, and was badgered about why I would cancel my appointment. I reiterated to please cancel my appointment and then I hung up. I then got a very unprofessional and demeaning email questioning why I cancelled. From the way I was treated, I'm betting they get commission for placing people. I assume any business who uses this company to hire, does so because they are probably the cheapest.
    I have an acquaintance who has been working for Adecco for about two years, and she has a tendency to be unnecessarily rude to everyone she meets. It seems to me that this is how everyone at Adecco acts.

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Adecco.

Interview

they just grab you and tell you to fill out some paper work. also, they make you stick a spongy thing in your mouth to test for drugs er something. interestingly enough, the didn't make me take a test to see how fast i was at typing.

Customer Services Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Adecco.

Interview

I had received a phone call About a month ago saying they had job openings in my area. So they asked me to send my resume and do a prove it test etc etc. I did my I-9 papers and waited two or three weeks to hear from them. Finally receive a call regarding I had got the job. Asked if I could come in and further the process and take a finger printing and drug screen. So that's what I did! I call two days after my drug test (and remind you,they had already Said I had the job!) I'm told "I'm sorry, but we've already picked our candidates" and told me my drug test was done late. When they are the ones who scheduled it that way.

Store Operator - Google Express Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Adecco.

Interview

Applied through Adecco's site, received a phone call for an on-site interview. Had to take a basic two-question math test (very basic algebra) and then was led to a interview reviewing my resume and asking me some "tell me about a time" questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were in store and discovered the item you were pulling was expired, what would you do?   Answer Question