Adecco

Updated 8 Dec 2014
Updated 8 Dec 2014

2.6

Summer Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Adecco.

The position was a part of a bit of a marketing campaign - every country globally was assigned to open up a few places. But some of the things above may still apply in other settings.

Quite specific to the challenge, I believe, was the original submission of applications. You filled in a form with basic biographical data (including work experience and education), which was then followed by making a 30s video recording explaining why the job should go to you. After that there was a phase where people (anyone, including your own friends) could vote on your application online. The top in terms of votes were guaranteed a phone interview.

The phone interview asked some further information on biographical info, and then some basic motivations questions.

I was then invited to a group interview, where there were plenty of questions about both competency, motivations and how we would approach a client in a specific setting. These questions were all the kind of questions you'd expect to get at a personal interview, but you were now expected to answer them in front of the other top candidates, which can be a little unnerving if you're not used to it.

The next day all three of us got our replies.

Interview Questions
    • Why should you, rather than the candidate beside you, get this job?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Adecco.

A good 2hr interview exploring background, sales, interests, knowledge as well as culture and personality fit. Felt a lot of ground was covered and I left with a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your approach to sales?   Answer Question
    • Talk me through a sales process you have been part of?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach opening new business and what strategy would you deploy?   Answer Question
    A clear understanding of my package and other offers was asked and taken into account.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Adecco in October 2010.

Interview is usually 2-3 stages and you get to meet the most senior members in the team which is great.
    Very relaxed style of interview but also very in tune with regards to your motivations and previous experience

No Negotiation

IT Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Adecco.

You will lose most of the candidates who are in high demand during the late stages of your recruitment process – when currently employed top performers decide to enter the job market, they are likely to be quickly inundated with recruiting requests and offers, which means that often they will only be on the job market for a matter of days. So if you/your firm drag out the hiring process over time, the most sought-after prospects (i.e. in-high-demand prospects) will have many opportunities to make quick offer acceptance decisions while you are still only midway through your hiring process. Your top candidates assuredly will receive alternative offers and will be forced to make a decision as to whether to accept “a current offer” that will soon expire, rather than to wait for “a possible future offer” from your firm. So even if you capture them as an applicant, the odds of them still being available when you reach the late stages of an extended recruiting process is almost zero (with the one exception if you happen to have a powerhouse employment brand like Google). My research indicates that the top 10 percent of candidates are often gone from the marketplace within 10 days. I also estimate the recruiting loss from missing a single game-changer, purple squirrel, or innovator recruit to be over $1 million each. The lesson to be learned is: that speed of hire is most important when you are competing against other firms for currently employed “in-high-demand” top talent. You simply must hire fast, because if you don’t, the competition will take this top talent off the market before you have the time to make a hiring decision. For example if Tiger Woods decided to leave his golf team, he would be in such demand that he might be in and then out of the job market in as little as a few hours, so a 30-day hiring process would have no chance of success.

Interview Questions
    basic -130 $ so never expect good growth for long term on present inflation senario Adecco is Still sleeping.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Adecco in November 2014.

Telephonic- Screened clearly at early stage
    Face to Face- Just Discussed with Roles and Responsibilities.
    Interview Process- Time waste and it Was a Bakwas.

Hi Guys, dont Trust the calls made by Adecco people. Once you went for face to face then will say u r profile is not fitment to requirement.

They cant able to afford the salary also.

Please try to ignore this company.

Not able to pay my Expectation

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Adecco in October 2014.

I was called at 9:00 am and asked if I could possibly come in for an interview at noon. Being unemployed I jumped at the opportunity. I go to their office at noon for my interview and met with the hiring manager as well as the recruiters I would be working with. They like to have the recruiters ask you questions as well since they want everyone to mesh well, and they don't want to bring in a personality that doesn't quite fit the office personality. I definitely appreciated that since I have worked in offices where not all of the personalities got along with each other. The brought me in for an interview the next day with some more of the recruiters, and I am scheduled to come in for some more interviews. I am also supposed to take a personality assessment at some point.

Interview Questions
    • Will you continue to look for recruiting positions if we do not offer you the job?   View Answer

ETL Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Adecco in July 2014.

phone interview, ask about my previous work experience and technical knowledge. interviewer was very nice, he is an expert in etl field,ask me some general questions about my previous jobs and whats my expectations for this job.

Electronics Cleanroom Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Adecco.

Very long interview hiring process. The Adecco Rep made it very easy and much less intimidating than otherwise. She had her ducks in a row to expedite the process in a kind and encouraging manner. Keep doing what you do. It made my experience a good one.

Import Officer Interview

the position was confidential

because of the salary

Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Adecco in April 2014.

it was pretty straight forward. so long as you could pass a drug test and background check you were pretty much hired. contacted the recruiter and was directed to full online application with personality tests and basic job knowledge. neither were especially difficult. afterward met with the recruiter to do drug test and provide info for background check. i passed both and was working inside of two days.