Advisory Board

Updated 21 Feb 2015
Updated 21 Feb 2015

2.8

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Phone interview - the recruiter was very nice and asked me to walk him through my CV and discuss the relevant experience, he asked if I had any questions, very friendly

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Applied online - contacted via email. First round screen interview, second round more personal interview with the head of department. First round was a basic screening interview which the rest of the reviews highlight. Use mostly behavioural questions. If you are to view the rest of the comments it will stand you in good light for what the interview will entail.

Dedicated Advisor Interview

I first had an initial phone interview and then was asked to come in for in-person interviews. I had 4 interviews each 30 min. Everyone that I met with was incredibly friendly and excited about the company and what they were each working on. They answered all of the questions that I had about the company. I had a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be the most difficult part of this job for you?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

It wasn't too hard, was prepared. had an employee referral. The company seems great online- look at their benefit package. I was kind of weary about the low salary but seems like a fun, young, working environment!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I just got a initial phone interview in which they asked about the resume, projects that I have done till now, what were my contributions towards my team project and why I want to be a part of it. It was easy, the recruiter was very friendly but I didn't like the way follow up after the interview.

Associate, Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online and the process didn't take more than two weeks. After that, I was contacted to schedule in order to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview itself lasted for about 10-15 min. However, the interviewer lacked courtesy during the entire interview.

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Send in an online job application. Get an email about setting up an phone screen interview. The phone interview lasted for about 30 minutes. But during the process, it is very obvious that the interviewer is reading off a list of questions.

Interview Questions
    • A list of questions about yourself and some sort related to the job   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Contacted by a recruiter. The interview was around 20-30 minutes. Nothing unexpected; asked me about my research experience, interest in healthcare and 'ideal job environment.' The interview was two weeks ago and I still did not hear back. However, I got an e-mail asking me to fill out self-identification forms. It seemed like an automated e-mail so not sure what's happening.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected question. I guess 'describe your ideal job environment' would be more on the unexpected side.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board in February 2015.

I had one phone interview with a recruiter. I was asked very basic questions about my resume, research experience, and education. The recruiter was definitely reading from a script, which made it a little awkward (cheapened the interview - I haven't had an interview like that in a long time). Despite feeling positive each of my answers and my interview overall, I got a rejection email a week later.

Consultant (Associate Level) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in February 2015.

I've applied to several positions with Advisory Board Company the last few years, but this was the first position I actually heard back about.

First, a coordinator in HR reached out to see if I was interested in scheduling a phone interview. I replied and heard nothing for three days, so sent a follow up email. If this happens to you, definitely reach out again to reiterate your interest. I think they deal with such a big number of candidates for various roles that it is sometimes easy for your email to sink to the bottom of their inbox. I heard back pretty quickly and had a phone interview set with another member of HR for the following week.

The phone interview was a pretty standard resume screening. Do some research on the company beforehand and know your resume. I think it really helps to talk about your ability to upward manage and deal with a variety of personalities, interest in serving their members beyond their expectations, and interest in the team environment. The HR representative I spoke with informed me at the end of our conversation she would like to invite me down to D.C.

My in-person interview was scheduled within two weeks or so after my phone interview. Advisory paid for my flights and overnight stay at a hotel next door. I had two interviews in the afternoon and each lasted for about an hour. Each interviewer was prompt, polite and happy to answer all my questions. One case study question.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about filling an arena with inflated basketballs?   Answer Question