Advisory Board

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

2.8

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Phone interview - the recruiter was very nice and asked me to walk him through my CV and discuss the relevant experience, he asked if I had any questions, very friendly

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Applied online - contacted via email. First round screen interview, second round more personal interview with the head of department. First round was a basic screening interview which the rest of the reviews highlight. Use mostly behavioural questions. If you are to view the rest of the comments it will stand you in good light for what the interview will entail.

Dedicated Advisor Interview

I first had an initial phone interview and then was asked to come in for in-person interviews. I had 4 interviews each 30 min. Everyone that I met with was incredibly friendly and excited about the company and what they were each working on. They answered all of the questions that I had about the company. I had a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be the most difficult part of this job for you?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Highly unprofessional and amateur with predominately recent college grads as employees. The entire process and every communication along the way felt like dealing with a college club and not a legitimate company. What other reviewers say about this being such a young company with too many kinks to be worked out is true!

Jda Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Prepare indexes in depth ,How indexes work(logic),Joins, what did you do in the free time (did you learn any technology after college .
    Apart after your college project what was your other technologic challenge you took to show your interest in RDBMS.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Took two weeks following submitting my resume online to be contacted for an interview (June). After this, there were two more interviews. The first was with an (I assume) entry level professional in that same position you were interviewing for in another department. The next was with a higher up. A third interview then takes place but the process took so long (at this point it was August) that I had already been offered another position at another company.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were pretty standard- mostly just asked to be walked through your resume. All in all the interview was more of a conversation than a question and answer session.   Answer Question

Higher Education Researcher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Rushed process and definitely felt like I was one of hundereds going through the interview process. You have an interview with two people at a time and have a writing portion. The interviewees were my age or a little older but seemed uninterested. For one of my interviews, they didn't schedule a room so I had to go to their office with four other desks and people were coming in and out. It seemed so distracting and unprofessional to me.

Interview Questions
    • More behavioral but had a case question in there to just analyze your thought process.   View Answer

Disorganized interview process and didn't get great vibes when talking to the staff.

Coordinator Interview

Interview through an internal submission. They seemed really receptive, although I've read they care a lot about GPA which I think is zero representation of who I am. No call back

Interview Questions
    • GPA- because apparently getting over 3.0s for the last 6 semesters of college is not good enough   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I submitted an online application and received an email from the general HR person the following day giving me the opprotunity for a phone interview. I quickly replied but never received a response however this was over the December holidays so it may have had something to do with that. However the HR person did eventually resend the email and was quick to respond then. I had a brief 30 minunte screening interview. She asked me about my current position and had a lot of questions about my academic experience. One of the questions was an aspect of my academic experience I would change and how I do in managing goals and priorties. She was very friendly but it was a very cookie cutter interview she didn't really seem interested in what I have to say but I realize this is the way it is sometimes. She briefly went over the position and what the next steps in the interview process would be.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain what I thought the position was, not inherently difficult but was unexpected.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I was contacted for a phone interview and was scheduled within a week. The phone interview was quick lasted 15 minutes the interviewer seemed disinterested throughout the entire process. The questions were straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change about your school administration?
      Describe why you picked your university/college?

Answer Question