Advisory Board

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.8

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Phone interview - the recruiter was very nice and asked me to walk him through my CV and discuss the relevant experience, he asked if I had any questions, very friendly

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Applied online - contacted via email. First round screen interview, second round more personal interview with the head of department. First round was a basic screening interview which the rest of the reviews highlight. Use mostly behavioural questions. If you are to view the rest of the comments it will stand you in good light for what the interview will entail.

Dedicated Advisor Interview

I first had an initial phone interview and then was asked to come in for in-person interviews. I had 4 interviews each 30 min. Everyone that I met with was incredibly friendly and excited about the company and what they were each working on. They answered all of the questions that I had about the company. I had a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be the most difficult part of this job for you?   Answer Question

Research and Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I submitted my application online and was contacted within a week. Following a phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes, I was asked to fly to their offices in Washington, D.C. It was easy to coordinate that process and the recruiters at ABC were helpful throughout.

In D.C., I had two interviews, both with personal and case based questions. Because one interviewer was sick that day, two days later, I had a final phone interview of a similar vein, in which there was a case interview question and a few questions about my interest in ABC and general interest in consulting.

Interview Questions
    • The case questions were not extremely hard, they mostly tested your logical processes and sought to see if you asked the important questions. I don't think there were any questions that were particularly hard, but they did cover a range of personal and work experience as well as interest in consulting and healthcare. They are really interested in your writing abilities and the process by which you ask research questions and produce results from that research.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Email notification requesting interview. Initial phone screening then if you pass you will be invited to interview on location including a case interview. The company usually takes about two weeks between steps to respond back and inform you of your status. Process is fairly straight forward and simple.

Interview Questions
    • Recruiter will ask questions about your work history so be prepared to answer.   Answer Question

Health Care Consultant Interview

Phone interview followed up with an in-person. The phone interview is by a recruiter and it's about 20 min long. They ask you to walk through your resume. Ask how you heard about the company. They actually more than necessary amount of time talking about themselves and their role in the company.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't very many difficult questions. How did you hear about the company? What is business writing?   Answer Question

Health Care Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online and the response was uber quick (less than a week). We set up a behavioral interview with basic questions of why health care consulting, walking the recruiter through my CV, no real difficult questions. Positive feedback, still waiting to hear back if I get into round 2

Interview Questions
    • I'm predicting round 3 with cases studies will be difficult.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I had received an interview through an employee referral. I heard back within 2 weeks. I had a general online interview through a website with one of the recruiters. We discussed my background and my interests. I thought it went well. I then received an email from another recruiter that I was not receiving an offer. I thought this was strange because I only had a general interview, not for a specific position. I then emailed the recruiter for some feedback on our interview. I received a message that she no longer worked for the company anymore. When I reached out to the person who sent me the email that no offer was being made, they were very dismissive and refused to give me any feedback. They told me it was extremely competitive. Very condescending.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have an issue with traveling 75% of the time?   View Answer

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I was given an interview through an employee referral. Within a week I had my first round interview. It lasted 45 minutes and was filled with at least a dozen questions about my resume, the company, my career goals, time management, weaknesses etc. The interviewer was very receptive and polite. She told me at the end of the interview that I would be invited to a second round in DC. She discussed my availabilities in the next two weeks and told me I should receive a confirmation email in the next two business days and I did. Overall a very positive experience. I go to DC in two weeks for my final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • You're involved in a lot of extracurriculars, work and academics, how do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online and received an initial phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was pretty straight-forward - my suggestions for anyone else applying: know your background and what you learned or gained from your previous experiences forwards and backwards. I was offered the option to apply for another position as well when I came in for a round of in-person interviews. I had 7 interviews in one day, back to back, across a variety of departments. As with the phone interview, it's vital to be able to speak to what you have done in your past, both in college and professionally. The day is long, so treat it that way - get up early, eat breakfast, drink coffee if that's your thing, and come prepared - notepad, suit, and thank you notes at the ready. I was asked about how my previous positions - which have been a hodgepodge of jobs across a variety of disciplines - applied to the role I was applying for, how I organized myself and project managed, and where I saw myself in the future. Be honest. Be direct. And ask questions. I received very positive feedback for emphasizing that I wanted to grow professionally and for asking if there was any weakness in my background that I might need to work around to be a strong employee. All in all, a great (and very tiring) experience. Lasted about two weeks. I received and accepted my offer the same day that I interviewed in-office.