Advisory Board Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

2.8

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Phone interview - the recruiter was very nice and asked me to walk him through my CV and discuss the relevant experience, he asked if I had any questions, very friendly

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Applied online - contacted via email. First round screen interview, second round more personal interview with the head of department. First round was a basic screening interview which the rest of the reviews highlight. Use mostly behavioural questions. If you are to view the rest of the comments it will stand you in good light for what the interview will entail.

Dedicated Advisor Interview

I first had an initial phone interview and then was asked to come in for in-person interviews. I had 4 interviews each 30 min. Everyone that I met with was incredibly friendly and excited about the company and what they were each working on. They answered all of the questions that I had about the company. I had a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be the most difficult part of this job for you?   Answer Question

Analyst, Research and Insights Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Submitted resume through my university's job board. Got scheduled for an on-campus interview about a week later. The interview questions were fairly straightforward, mostly about my resume, my research experience, and a few behavioral questions. They invited me to interview in their DC office, which will happen in about a week. The on-site interview will involve speaking with 2-3 employees with case interviews and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What recommendation would you make to your school's administration?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Applied online, then had a phone interview which was all behavioral. Was invited to their DC office for further interviewing. Three sessions of cases and behavioral. They really want someone who is specifically interested in health and medicine.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to elaborate on past research experience and why I was interested specifically in the advisory board.   Answer Question

Research and Insights Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I have had first round phone interview and am scheduled for final round interview. Phone interview seemed basic. They seemed to really just want to make sure you had a strong background in research and writing.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Submitted resume and it took approximately one week to process. The first round happened on campus. Interviewers were very nice and friendly and asked basic behavior questions. Nothing really unexpected. If you prepare for all questions on this site, it should be fine. I'm still waiting for the result. They said it would take another two weeks to process.

Interview Questions
    • If you can change one of your school's policies, what would it be?
      Tell me about a time when you improved the efficiency of a process.
        Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board in October 2014.

The whole process took 2 months. I got the first HR phone screening after submit my application through LinkedIn. Easy, basic question. After 1 months, I received another 45min technical interview. High-level SQL questions and some behavioral questions. After 1 week, I got the on-site interview invitation. The final day is 4 rounds, back to back, which is similar, and quite exhausting. I have to know how to write SQL query. I'm nervous so made some mistakes. They will judge you from PM/ Client Management/ Technical. But I'm pretty sure they do not hire anyone without SQL experience.

Interview Questions
    • What's wrong with this table?
      How to decide which are the top 3 fastest horses.
        Answer Question

Senior Health Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

The first was the phone interview with HR rep. During my phone interview the HR recruiter was a bit too enthusiastic where it seemed like she didn't really listen to my responses. She then asked about salary requirements and tried to tell me the position was in the 60-70 thousand range for a senior level position in DC! I told her I looked up the salary and it was much higher then what she was stating. She told me she would make a note that I was looking for a high range. I asked her why the range she was telling me was much lower then what I had found on Glassdoor and other sites for a senior position and she didn't really have an answer. I think because she was relatively new to the company and wanted to try to save the company some money by hiring a candidate who may not have all the knowledge for salary range prior to the hr screening call. Word of advice do your research and stand your ground to let them know you have done your homework!!!! I really did not appreciate how this particular HR rep really low balled the salary and I had to correct her and let her know that I knew she was going way below!

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were standard hr questions. For example why you want to work for the Advisory board....etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I had a first-round phone interview. Interview took 30mins. The interviewer was nice but sounded a bit uninterested. Questions were to tell a little about myself and walk her through my resume, if I could go back to my college, what advice would I give the staff or administration, how do I stay organized or manage my time, tell about a time I had to develop something and what the process was like, tell about a time I set a goal and what I did to reach that goal, what do I think the Advisory Board does/ what is it about, how I heard about the company and why I decided to apply, then if I had any questions (in that order). I have never been asked this many questions. Still waiting to hear about a second interview, but it was nice to hear they definitely contact you again either to deny you or schedule a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What advice would you give the staff or administration of your school.   Answer Question