Aerotek

Updated 25 Jan 2015
Updated 25 Jan 2015

2.8

Recruiter Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Aerotek.

Very very bad experience. First I arrived and they informed me that the person I was scheduled to interview was not there. I waited on an interviewer for an hour! Finally two guys came to give me an interview and it was the longest interview of my life. They asked all types of unprofessional questions about going out and drinking with the group and continuously tried to get me to admit to very unprofessional things. I felt like I was on an interview for an escorting company and not a recruiting agency. Overall, they were very unprofessional and used up most of my day with non-sense. A complete and total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

I didnt accept the position because I would never want to work for a company with such bad hiring processes. I have options and plus their pay was too low for me. I took another position with another company for double the pay.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aerotek.

2 phone interviews from a recruiter followed by a panel interview.
    The first 2 interviews ask general interview questions. The panel interview is intense and asks behavior based interview questions. They use your answers from the behavior based questions to formulate and ask rude questions to try to break you and weed out the weak. Then you are required to go into the pit and observe for 1/2 day.

Interview Questions
    • I was very disappointed after completing a panel interview with this company. I was interviewed by 2 people and the lead interviewer was very condescending and belittling. Everything I said was twisted into something negative, which he acknowledged by saying "I'm not trying to twist your words, but…". The interview started 45 minutes late with one of my interviewers walking in the front door 20 minutes after I arrived. During my interview one of them got up to use the restroom, which he acknowledged by saying to the other interviewer, "I really have to use the restroom, I think you can handle this." After he returned from his morning poop they proceeded to more or less call me a quitter. They 100% treated me like a resume and not a person.

Questions:
      You've had x jobs in ___ years. If this job doesn't work out for you it will be ___ jobs. What would you say when people call you a quitter?
      Describe your biggest failure.
      Describe a time you made an unpopular decision.
      Explain why we should pick you in 30 seconds.

Answer Question

Gas Turbine Auxiliaries Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aerotek.

They called out of the blue; however, were very thorough and extremely nice. Got an immediate follow-up email thanking me for the interview. Overall a very goo experience and would definitely enjoy hearing from them again.

General Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aerotek.

I set up an appointment with the lady and when I arrived I was asked to take a seat and the lady was with me within 5 minutes. I had one interview and the lady was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. We went over my resume as to what I am qualified for.

Interview Questions
    • I really cannot really remember, the interview was pretty easy going   Answer Question

It was part time and I just obtained a full time job

Budget Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aerotek.

They did a good job communicating their questions and were very open during the interview process. I felt very comfortable during the entire process. I felt that they were being very honest and sincerely wanted to find the right condidate.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't experience a difficuly or unexpected question   Answer Question
    straight forward

Receiver Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aerotek.

Not a pleasant or personal experience. Just a bunch of people sitting in a break room filling out a bunch of paperwork and waiting to start. Nothing is special about the process. You're not accessed by your skill they just expect to catch on and work. You and the person sitting next to you are the same.

Interview Questions
    • No question they barely have a conversation but they will put you to work.   Answer Question
    None

Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Aerotek in January 2015.

Applied online and received a phone call the next day, brief phone call , they asked a couple of question then set up a face to face group interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's an obstacle you had to over come at your last job   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek.

I walked in and handed my resume in personally. I then sat down and did a brief (20 minute) interview with a recruiter. The interview was basic; work history, skills, and some behavioral questions. The next week, I was contacted via email by an internal recruiter to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was pretty cut and dry, almost identical to my first interview. After completing the phone screen, I was asked to call back in a week after thinking the position over and conduct a follow up phone screen. After completing my final phone screen, I was set up for another in person interview.

The second in person interview was almost the same as my walk in interview with the exception of it being conducted by an account manager. Pretty basic questions here as well. At this point I felt I had my resume and responses memorized quite well, as I had been repeating myself for three interviews.

After completing the third (and a half) interview, I was then set up with an interview with the Director of Business Operations (DBO). As with the previous two in person interviews, I arrived the customary ten minutes early and did my final review of my resume and prepared questions. And then I waited. And waited. And waited some more. After sitting in the waiting room for a little over an hour, I finally began my interview with the DBO. The first thing he asked me was what I knew about him. Thankfully, in the hour of boredom and drinking coffee prior to the interview, I checked his LinkedIn profile. I would strongly recommend this for anyone going through this, or any other interviewing process.

This interview was almost identical to the first three, but had the added questions of "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" as well as "What is your five year plan?" At this point it was nice to have some new questions to answer.

A week after completing the interview with the DBO, I was asked to come in to do a panel style interview with a few of the account managers, followed by a half day shadowing the recruiters and talking to other account managers. The panel interview at first was more of the same; discussing my resume and back ground. However, the interview turned into what they refer to as a "behavioral interview." This is pretty much just a bunch of scenario based questions of things you may have had to deal with in the past. I navigated this section pretty easily, as the internal recruiter had sent me sample questions and prep material prior to this interview.

After completing the panel interview, the Lead Recruiter sat down with me and outlined the half day interview structure. I was going to sit with an hand full of recruiters, watch what they did, and be able to decide in that 30 minute window if that was something I could do or not. When it came time to sit down with an account manager, I met the only other one I had not talked to. We discussed what the account manager did and the types of clients he worked with. From start to finish, it was a four hour process.

At the end of the half day, I was told I would be contacted by the end of the week since that next Monday was a holiday. I was not contacted at all for two full weeks. I finally received a call from the DBO extending the offer to me. He told me who I would be working under and what my division was. He told me not to answer right away, but to contact him four days later after I had talked the decision over with "whoever you go to for guidance." I thought this was kind of strange, due to the fact that it had been eight weeks since I started this process and had ample time to think it over prior to his phone call.

Interview Questions
    • What is your five year plan? What are your strengths and weaknesses? What are you passionate about? Describe a time you had to give negative feedback.   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Aerotek.

It started off with a brief phone screen then I was invited in for an interview. The first interview consisted of basic questions. The second interview was a half day shadow where you would sit down with numerous Recruiters to see the daily routine.

I followed up with a thank you email that was very professional. I received NO response. If you have a potential employee spend the time and money to travel to your office to go through interviews, the least you can do is respond.

Interview Questions
    • Personality test was unexpected and different, given it was my first one. It looks just like anything you would see in a typical Google search.   Answer Question

Structural Engineer Interview

15 minutes screening interview with their senior recruiter, "tell me about yourself" and it's pretty standard on any interviews so be prepared to have a 30-second introduction. Be energetic and smiles, handshakes and dress professionally.