Affiliated Computer Services
www.acs-inc.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Affiliated Computer Services Customer Care Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jan 19, 2014

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in October 2011.

Interview Details filled out an application, took a typing test, sat down with a supervisor and was told what the job was, there were no questions and the questions I typically ask in an interview were met with blank stares.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions asked in the interview.   Answer Question

Cary, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in September 2013.

Interview Details Originally I applied for the benefit service rep position but Tyler C never got back to me after calling me and leaving no vm. I guess thats how their HR works. I saw an ad on careerbuilder so I decided to apply. Recieve an email from HR going back over the job description and to contact Jessyca. I called her up she schedule an interview that day. Went out to the job fair after waiting for 2 hours they make you take a 20 mins test. The assessment is basically you listening to 8 calls and typing what the caller is saying. Then 3 mins of the test is pretty much testing your typing skills.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions. The interviewer just ask if I had a car, if I can work the flexible hours, any problems with overtime or not taking a lunch during their busy peak. How do you deal with an angry customer? They let you know when the next training class start and you will be given you schedule after training. I start on Monday.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation it is pretty much $9.50 during training then they claim it goes to $12.50 after training. I think the $12.50 is only if you meet your metics then your pay will be that including any incentives and bonsues.

Customer Care Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Interview Details Come in fill out application, pass a test and BAM your hired. Your asked if taking phone calls would be hard for you, if you say No than your hired. The test was to see if you could listen to customers with accents and check the box with the right information.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked before? Can you talk on the phone and take notes on a computer at the same time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. They said it pays $ --- , you you want it. If yes you start Monday

Customer Care Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in October 2009.

Interview Details Conducted 2 phone interviews; 1 with HR and 1 with Department; Offered job "on the spot" of second interview. Very straight forward nothing unusual. After starting I realized there really was no hiring standard as long as you were not a convicted felon and were sober

Negotiation Details – none

Customer Care Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services.

Interview Details When you apply for a position, you are sent a questionnaire to answer questions that really have no bearing on the job for which you are applying. You are also asked to complete a skills test via computer. Once those are done, you are called to a face to face interview and then you have to take a drug test. Then an offer letter is sent. From there you are given your start day.

Interview Question – Please advise a time when you had to deliver less than pleasing news.   Answer Question

Federal Way, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in October 2011.

Interview Details I had 1 interview with a gentlemen in slacks and a wrinkled collared shirt. I had to take a simple test which involved locating information on a website and taking a typing test.

Interview Question – There was none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was informed pay rate was "Achievement Based Income" and I would 'control' my rate of pay.

Pikeville, KY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in December 2010.

Interview Details I don't know why they even have an interview process. They were so desperate for workers 365 days a year (despite the constant firing) that in my interview I was literally told, it doesn't matter what I say, I will be hired. I was consequently asked about my hobbies and what type of video games I like to play and nothing about the job. I was told if I failed the drug test, no worries, just come back in a few weeks and we will just throw this one in the trash, which was insulting because I do not and have never done illegal drugs.

Interview Question – What server do you play WoW on?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, take it or leave it.

Anderson, IN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in December 2010.

Interview Details Interviewer was very polite and all for helping me get the position. She even gave me advice on how to speak with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were not part of process

Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in October 2011.

Interview Details Applied through a temp agency (99%) come through one agency or another.

Interview Question – What prior benefits experience do you have?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Affiliated Computer Services in March 2012.

Interview Details They asked me to come in to do testing. I had to do a typing test and a test to determine if i would be successful in a call center envoronment. When i was finished they happened to have time for a interveiw in which i was basically asked if i was available and if i understood the rules and then i got offered a job which would begin with a very rigorous training program

Interview Question – most questions were hypothetical "what would you do if" questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They were not willing to work with my availability as i do not have daycare on the weekends and at nights. they needed me to work until 1130 pm every night but i do have a infant to care for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Affiliated Computer Services

Worked for Affiliated Computer Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Affiliated Computer Services Customer Care Representative interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Affiliated Computer Services employees and interview candidates.