Aflac

Getting the Interview

331 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details was done in a group setting

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details Went in to the interview prepared to be asked questions, but generally wasn't asked much of anything. Two representatives sat in on my interview and repeatedly told anecdotes of the the greatness of residual income. They did paint a nice picture of how they work with people and how what they do benefits others. I was a little disappointed by the fact that it wasn't really an interview, more like a sales pitch.

Interview Question – What do you want to do?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It wasn't for me.

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details The initial interview was a group session (approximately 8 candidates). This proved to be a little less stressful then having to interview one on one. The process only took about a half hour, from there the interviewer called back those she felt would be an asset. The second interview was more like an official interview.

Interview Question – As in most cases, what is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – no the right fit

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in November 2012.

Interview Details They will hire anyone

Negotiation Details – Wasn't one they don't pay you

Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details Interviewer was very straight forward and to the point. Told me not to waste time and make a decision soon.

Interview Question – What is your biggest adversity and how did you over come it.   Answer Question

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Rowlett, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in March 2014.

Interview Details Was contacted via recruiter. Interview conducted with 2 other candidates. Must like cold calling or "prospecting," a lot of social networking. Mostly a lot off off site footwork. Franchise setup. You pay for your own license to sell insurance (TX-just under $300 total.) No territories so there would probably be a good deal of competition. Could be workable if one is a natural at sales and lands in just the right market. Was told that after a year or two that cold calls would be less and could benefit from accruing percentage of previous policies upon renewal plus over time having training your own prospectors to continue forward. 1099.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I don't like sales.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details Introductory interview was in a group setting. Regional Manager was very professional and sold me on the opportunity.

Interview Question – Can you work on commission only?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details Both receptionist and interviewer were extremely polite and informative, did not keep me waiting and communicated lots of helpful information along the way.

Interview Question – If I considered myself competitive   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details Sent an email with my resume and was called in about a week. They seemed like they wanted me right away, so there was no interview at all. Just explaining of what the company was about and my role and why they think I would like being an intern at their company.

Account Representative Interview

Culver City, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Aflac in March 2014.

Interview Details They reached out after finding my resume on Monster. It was a group interview with six people and they told us they were only hiring for two positions. It is a commission only position with Aflac selling their insurance, I saw enough reviews here to be wary and they were selling Aflac hard.

Once the presenter/ Interviewer left the room one of the other potential applicants remarked 'Wow this is like a more stable Multi-Level Marketing company.' That sums it up and I do believe you can make money but it looks very unstable. Plus anytime someone does a group interview and starts with they are only hiring two people they are trying way too hard to get the people to compete. Pass for me maybe other people can see the value.

Interview Question – They asked people why you were there and if they were willing to hunt for a living. The presenter was very slick and well rehearsed.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't ready to work for a multi-level marketing company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aflac

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac interview questions and advice. All 331 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Aflac employees and interview candidates.