Aflac Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2014
Updated 27 Sep 2014

1.8

Anonymous Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Aflac.

Received an email so I decided to go for it because they said there are opportunities.
    Office is hard to find - red flag. Why would hide your office?
    Went in to discuss potential "opportunities" but received a sales talk about the product and the company. They have good products though. I can see myself buying it, but not selling it.

Benefit Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Aflac.

self introduction on what I look forward to as an employee
    pretty simple interview where in the stayed in touch with you and promptly let me know what exactly they want

none

Independent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac.

I applied online and received a call shortly after to go to an interview. When I went to the interview I discovered it was a group interview. The district manager gave a presentation on the company and then gave us a paper to tell him how much we were interested in the company. I later received another call asking me to come in for another 1 to 1 interview. When I went in, the DR asked me if I had any questions and explained that it's commission only and I had to get licensed first I was pretty much hired on the spot. I had to pay a fee for my online course to obtain my health insurance license and when I passed the test I returned and signed my contract.

No negotiation

Account Executive Interview

I was hired after the first interview. Then, I was to go through training to take the licensing exams for selling health insurance and life insurance. I was told that we were to practice a training protocol and to look up business owners to call to set up appointments to meet with them in person and discuss what AFLAC could provide for their employees.

I was not in a position where I had any negotiating power. The field was new to my career experience.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac.

Applied through my university and was contacted to set up an info session and interview the following week. The district sales coordinator was very professional and personable, and provided a broad summary of the industry and position. It was hard at times to keep up with all of the information given I had no prior knowledge of the insurance industry. In addition, like most people, all I knew about Aflac was the duck in the commercials.

Interview Questions
    • What sets you apart from the average candidate for this position?   Answer Question

It's a great opportunity and Aflac is a great product, however I felt it was better for me to take an entry-level position in a finance role rather than start out in insurance where you make 100% commission. Could be a possibility in the future though.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

The posted job was benefits coordinator. After reading reviews here I asked if it was a purely commission based sales job. Yep. When I told them I was not interested because it's 100% commission I got a response like "I'm shocked with your background that you'd pass up something like this". Like their job is so great. That reaction alone made me glad I didn't meet with them. Also the email interview confirmation said that they appreciate promptness please don't arrive any earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start time. Implies that they're shuffling a lot of people in and out. Shady.

Sales Interview

Beware: They were vague about the nature of the job. They side stepped direct questions on whether sales would be required. All they are looking for is more sales people.

Account Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Aflac.

This process was pretty simple, you walk in and greet a manager, the manager ask a few questions, once you say your interested, your hired. This process is pretty none stressful, be yourself and your surely to get the job. They just want to get the feel for your personality, you will get the job even if you bomb at the interview. They are trying to build a team that going to go out and increase management revenue as well as your small fee.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Silver Spring, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac in September 2014.

First group interview and then 1 to 1 interview. In the first part they expalined the commissions system and the company culture. Then we were supposed to leave the resume if interested in any of the positions.

Didn't meet my expectations

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lynnwood, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Aflac in September 2014.

I was contacted by Aflac by email after I posted my resume on Monster.com. They requested an initial interview and I obliged them. I arrived, checked myself in and recieved some paperwork to fill out. The paperwork was part behavioural questionare which is normal for a financial sales interview. What was unexpected was that the interview wasn't going to be 1 on 1. 3 other candidates and I were corralled into a conference room and made to watch about 10 minutes of Aflac television ads. After the last ad finished, the boss man entered the room and proceeded to eject from his mouth 2 hours of aflac promotional speach in a record time of 1 hour. The candidates for the position were not given a chance to ask questions of their own at the first interview but were instead offered the chance to ask for a second interview which would be 1 on 1. I chose not to proceed in this process so I can't comment on how the rest of it went.

Interview Questions
    • It was very difficult to sit though the hour and a half of promotional material without being given the chance at asking a question of your own.   Answer Question

The position wasn't something I was looking for in the first place, I showed up at the interview to learn more about it.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!