Aflac

Updated 18 Nov 2014
Updated 18 Nov 2014

1.8

Executive Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

Executive accountant and manager in training sounds great on paper but realistically you are just a sales representative. The first interview is basically a sales pitch to motivate you to work for 100% commission.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

They contacted me from a search on monster.com as my resume was relevant to them. They invited me to a hiring fair and followed up with a surprise phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • They held a phone interview that was rather unexpected. It would have been nice to prepare as they found me via monster.com   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aflac.

This was easily the most laid back interview I have ever had. I didn't realize it was an interview. We just visited about my previous work, what I am looking for and how I could succeed. Questions I had about the company were answered completely with no reservations. After about an hour visit we both decided that this would be something worth pursuing.
    The hardest part was taking the state licensing exam and then waiting for the background check to get licensed. This was the State, Aflac was easy.

no negotiation - 100% commission

Business to Business Sales Consaltant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Aflac.

I recently completed the first interview with Aflac. It was completly one sided. The Aflac rep explained the purpose of the company and what my duties will be if hired. He also stated that I would have to take and pass the state insurance agent exam in order to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that was asked during the initial interview was why Aflac would want me as a employee.   Answer Question

Aflac Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

The most unprofessional interview I have ever experienced. You meet as an entire group for an "informative" session, which is a great idea in theory. Only they don't mention the upfront costs of becoming an agent that Aflac does not cover (Insurance license, monthly rent of your office space, business cards...$600+). Everyone is invited to a one on one interview after the group meeting, but here is whenever the unprofessional occurred. I arrived 30 minutes early to my interview and I ended up waiting 35 minutes past my scheduled interview time. The tone of the conversation was very one sided and she wasn't able to answer a few of my questions (other than "you'll know what I mean if you work I here, etc). Aside from swearing 5/6/7 times during an interview she was down right rude when I stated that I did not think the position was right me. The overall nature of the interview made me seriously consider reporting it to corporate because of a few other "choice words" she used at the end of the interview. I expected more from a very respectable company like Aflac.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult or unexpected questions. Very few questions actually regarding yourself and it was a lot of explaining the position. They seemed like they wanted to hire almost anyone who gave it a chance.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac.

Sent in resume through university career website. Got a reply within two weeks to have an interview. Interview was more informative, only was asked like 5 questions. Mostly behavioral, hiring manager went through resume. Was told at the interview that I got the internship and was given a month to decide whether or not to do it.

Interview Questions
    • Not any really difficult questions. Can you communicate well with others? and give an example   Answer Question
    It was for commission so there was no chance for negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

They contacted me via our university's career system. First called me and arranged the personal interview. After the interview, they sent an email that they are interested in me, and gave me the offer. They contacted me via our university's career system. First called me and arranged the personal interview. After the interview, they sent an email that they are interested in me, and gave me the offer.

AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

The initial interview: There should have been disclosures about real dollar costs like office and supplies cost sharing as well as footing the cost of your travel to training, including lodging if you don't want to partner up with someone you don't know.

The follow up: I was asked to prepare questions for a follow up call, but in retrospect it seemed an in-genuine gesture to be able to say one was allowed to ask questions. Well, if one is unaware of the breadth and depth of the onboarding, then how relevant would are those questions? Answer, they aren't.

The reality: If you can't tolerate months without an income or with a very minimal income, since there is no financial support from AFLAC during months of training, all while paying out the cost of business, this is not the opportunity for you. I couldn't so I left before starting school.

The outcome: Bitter acceptance from the recruiter. I'm happy with my decision to leave. I did pass my state exam and get my license.

Since you are a 1099 independent contractor responsible for footing all of your own business expenses including travel and supplies for training, negotiations don't really exist.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Aflac.

Found the internship through my university's database. We set up an appointment. Interview went by quickly, I soon discovered that the person interviewing me just wanted to make sure I looked professional and I could speak professionally. No challenging questions. The most important thing is to research the company so that you can give a thorough response when they ask you about what you know. Interview was not worth the stress beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a business owner why might you want Aflac insurance for your employees?   View Answer
    Pay is commission based.

AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview

Came across the Aflac table my University's career fair. Gave them my resume and they called me the next day.
    The interview was easy, but not the best experience I've had. The first fifteen minutes were standard asking me about things on my resume and my plans for the future. After that my interviewer spent the next hour and a half doing a sales pitch of the position with a powerpoint presentation. Not the best first impression for an interview considering 90% of the stuff he talked about I already knew from doing prior research. Like most I'm not ignorant enough to go into an interview without researching at the very least the most basic facts about the company.
    Overall nice guy but the interview was a bit one sided.

Interview Questions
    • "If I had lunch with your two best friends what would they say your best and worst qualities are?"   Answer Question