Aflac

Updated 22 Nov 2014
Updated 22 Nov 2014

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

They seemed to hire anyone with a pulse anybody who walked it pretty much was assumed to be taken on as an employee. The meeting was short, about an hour. There were a few consecutive meetings, and about 20 people in a single group interview. It was a positive interview, all telling the great things about Aflac.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac.

After applying on campus, I received a call from an independent agent a few weeks later. They wanted to bring me in for an interview for a sales/marketing internship. I did not realize, however, that they were looking for interns to essentially help sell their product. The description in the job posting is rather vague as to what the interns will actually be doing. However, with that being said if someone is looking for a job in becoming an insurance agent, this is a very good internship. Interns have the ability to sell alongside actual agents and receive state certification. Furthermore, depending on the deal that you negotiate, you will be able to receive payments long after you are done working for Aflac. Overall, a great opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Giving you thirty seconds, give me your best sales pitch about yourself?   Answer Question

Independent Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

First interview was with one of the top sales associates and a manager. It was more of an overview of the company and what they do. It was very interesting to learn about the company and hear all the things they do. Lots of talk about how great the company is and how great it is to work with them. Second interview was with the manager over the area in the office. It was mostly just questions to see if they like you. If they like you they call with an offer to sign on as an agent.

Interview Questions
    • It is all very straight forward nothing difficult about their interview process.   Answer Question

Executive Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

Executive accountant and manager in training sounds great on paper but realistically you are just a sales representative. The first interview is basically a sales pitch to motivate you to work for 100% commission.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

They contacted me from a search on monster.com as my resume was relevant to them. They invited me to a hiring fair and followed up with a surprise phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • They held a phone interview that was rather unexpected. It would have been nice to prepare as they found me via monster.com   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Aflac.

This was easily the most laid back interview I have ever had. I didn't realize it was an interview. We just visited about my previous work, what I am looking for and how I could succeed. Questions I had about the company were answered completely with no reservations. After about an hour visit we both decided that this would be something worth pursuing.
    The hardest part was taking the state licensing exam and then waiting for the background check to get licensed. This was the State, Aflac was easy.

no negotiation - 100% commission

Business to Business Sales Consaltant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Aflac.

I recently completed the first interview with Aflac. It was completly one sided. The Aflac rep explained the purpose of the company and what my duties will be if hired. He also stated that I would have to take and pass the state insurance agent exam in order to get hired.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that was asked during the initial interview was why Aflac would want me as a employee.   Answer Question

Aflac Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

The most unprofessional interview I have ever experienced. You meet as an entire group for an "informative" session, which is a great idea in theory. Only they don't mention the upfront costs of becoming an agent that Aflac does not cover (Insurance license, monthly rent of your office space, business cards...$600+). Everyone is invited to a one on one interview after the group meeting, but here is whenever the unprofessional occurred. I arrived 30 minutes early to my interview and I ended up waiting 35 minutes past my scheduled interview time. The tone of the conversation was very one sided and she wasn't able to answer a few of my questions (other than "you'll know what I mean if you work I here, etc). Aside from swearing 5/6/7 times during an interview she was down right rude when I stated that I did not think the position was right me. The overall nature of the interview made me seriously consider reporting it to corporate because of a few other "choice words" she used at the end of the interview. I expected more from a very respectable company like Aflac.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult or unexpected questions. Very few questions actually regarding yourself and it was a lot of explaining the position. They seemed like they wanted to hire almost anyone who gave it a chance.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac.

Sent in resume through university career website. Got a reply within two weeks to have an interview. Interview was more informative, only was asked like 5 questions. Mostly behavioral, hiring manager went through resume. Was told at the interview that I got the internship and was given a month to decide whether or not to do it.

Interview Questions
    • Not any really difficult questions. Can you communicate well with others? and give an example   Answer Question
    It was for commission so there was no chance for negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

They contacted me via our university's career system. First called me and arranged the personal interview. After the interview, they sent an email that they are interested in me, and gave me the offer. They contacted me via our university's career system. First called me and arranged the personal interview. After the interview, they sent an email that they are interested in me, and gave me the offer.