Aflac Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

1.8

Executive Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in August 2014.

A representative of the company emailed me saying they had found my resume on Monster.com, that I possessed some of the skills that matched a position they were looking to fill, and asked if I was available to come in for an informational meeting this week. I accepted right away via email asking when specifically they were hoping to schedule and giving my availability for the rest of the week. Within a few hours, I received a call to schedule, but no details about the exact position available. I received a follow up email with address, parking instructions and a confirmation of date and time of my scheduled meeting. The following day, I received another email reminding me of the time and date and expected dress code, etc. Day of the meeting, after reading reviews of former employees on Glassdoor, I decided to call to ascertain the precise nature of the position to ensure it was not a sales job. My call was answered by a receptionist but she assured me that the assistant would call or email me back to give me more details. I did not hear back within 3 hours, so I followed up with an email. I still had not heard anything when I received yet another reminder email. I replied to this message asking if the assistant had received my previous email asking about the job specifics. She outlined the responsibilities thusly: "you will be corresponding with the businesses that we have existing relations to as I stated before. You will be managing and processing their accounts and helping them with any issues that they may come across." However, when I arrived, I was ushered into a room with several other candidates and we were essentially then pitched on why Aflac was a great company and how great our earnings potential was if we SOLD their insurance. Bait and switch! I left before they got to the one-on-one portion of the meeting.

Benefit Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Aflac.

self introduction on what I look forward to as an employee
    pretty simple interview where in the stayed in touch with you and promptly let me know what exactly they want

none

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in August 2013.

You go through three interviews. Each one gets progressively more serious and works your way up to the boss of the office. Mine was all very friendly and professional. They are good people who have been in the game and know what its like.

Interview Questions
    • Are you who you say you are on the resume?   View Answer
    It's commission only so you had better have some money saved or a second source of income to cover when you don't make sales.

Independent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac.

I applied online and received a call shortly after to go to an interview. When I went to the interview I discovered it was a group interview. The district manager gave a presentation on the company and then gave us a paper to tell him how much we were interested in the company. I later received another call asking me to come in for another 1 to 1 interview. When I went in, the DR asked me if I had any questions and explained that it's commission only and I had to get licensed first I was pretty much hired on the spot. I had to pay a fee for my online course to obtain my health insurance license and when I passed the test I returned and signed my contract.

No negotiation

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Grange, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Grange, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in April 2013.

During my interview process, I experienced a phone screen and a one-on-one interview. The phone screen lasted about 10 minutes and the one-on-one maybe 30 minutes. I was hired on the spot.

Account Executive Interview

I was hired after the first interview. Then, I was to go through training to take the licensing exams for selling health insurance and life insurance. I was told that we were to practice a training protocol and to look up business owners to call to set up appointments to meet with them in person and discuss what AFLAC could provide for their employees.

I was not in a position where I had any negotiating power. The field was new to my career experience.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac.

Applied through my university and was contacted to set up an info session and interview the following week. The district sales coordinator was very professional and personable, and provided a broad summary of the industry and position. It was hard at times to keep up with all of the information given I had no prior knowledge of the insurance industry. In addition, like most people, all I knew about Aflac was the duck in the commercials.

Interview Questions
    • What sets you apart from the average candidate for this position?   Answer Question

It's a great opportunity and Aflac is a great product, however I felt it was better for me to take an entry-level position in a finance role rather than start out in insurance where you make 100% commission. Could be a possibility in the future though.

Sales Interview

Beware: They were vague about the nature of the job. They side stepped direct questions on whether sales would be required. All they are looking for is more sales people.

Account Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Aflac.

This process was pretty simple, you walk in and greet a manager, the manager ask a few questions, once you say your interested, your hired. This process is pretty none stressful, be yourself and your surely to get the job. They just want to get the feel for your personality, you will get the job even if you bomb at the interview. They are trying to build a team that going to go out and increase management revenue as well as your small fee.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

The posted job was benefits coordinator. After reading reviews here I asked if it was a purely commission based sales job. Yep. When I told them I was not interested because it's 100% commission I got a response like "I'm shocked with your background that you'd pass up something like this". Like their job is so great. That reaction alone made me glad I didn't meet with them. Also the email interview confirmation said that they appreciate promptness please don't arrive any earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start time. Implies that they're shuffling a lot of people in and out. Shady.

Interview Questions

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!