Aflac

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

1.8

Benefits Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Aflac.

The first interview wasn't really an interview - there were 10 of us prospective agents in a conference room listening to a presentation by a manager. And there had been a similar group before us. We got to ask questions at the end, and I think everybody had the option to go in for a second, real one-on-one interview. It was a pleasant interview, but the lack of challenging questions and being accepted right then and there makes me think everyone who wanted to come on board probably could. Nothing wrong with that, except it makes me concerned about saturation. It takes a little over $200 to pay for the pre-licensing course, the background check and the exam. It may be a great opportunity for somebody with great sales skills, but it's 100% comission-based.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really challenging. Perhaps the question about how my previous non-sales background prepared me for this type of job.   Answer Question
    Agents are not employees of the company, they are independent agents. It's 100% commission. There really isn't any room for negotiation. You do get some bonuses if you hit certain performance targets.

Intern Interview

It was a group interview. They first gave us an overview about the company and the sales position. This was the first round. I got a call for the next one for case studies but declined the offer.

"Business Strategy Consulting" Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Aflac.

I got an email alert from Monster to this position. When i arrived i realized it was a group interview, and you are a insurance salesman. Completely misleading title. The person went through the company and expressed his belief that this is a great company. No pay, just commission

Sales Associate Interview

Interview process was easy, it was a group interview. Then you get a call 48 hours later for second interview. Then I realized its commission based pay only. Great people who coordinated everything.

Commission only pay

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac in December 2014.

After applying or being reached out by a recruiter, you get invited via email to come for an initial group interview and to hear more about the company and the position details. Before the presentation, you are asked to answer a questionnaire on why they should hire you, what are your strengths/weaknesses, what would your last employer say about you, why you want to work for them, what are 3 positive things about you, and what motivates you. Then everyone is asked to introduce themselves and the presentation follows with one question regarding what you already know about the company. At the end, you are allowed to ask questions and you are instructed to write down your level of interest in the position. If your interest is mutual with their interest in you, you are called back for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. The initial group interview is more so to give you an overview of the company, position, and realistic expectations of working in sales such as frequently hearing no. Also, the initial group interview is to assess you in comparison to the other candidates in the room.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

They seemed to hire anyone with a pulse anybody who walked it pretty much was assumed to be taken on as an employee. The meeting was short, about an hour. There were a few consecutive meetings, and about 20 people in a single group interview. It was a positive interview, all telling the great things about Aflac.

Independent Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

First interview was with one of the top sales associates and a manager. It was more of an overview of the company and what they do. It was very interesting to learn about the company and hear all the things they do. Lots of talk about how great the company is and how great it is to work with them. Second interview was with the manager over the area in the office. It was mostly just questions to see if they like you. If they like you they call with an offer to sign on as an agent.

Interview Questions
    • It is all very straight forward nothing difficult about their interview process.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Aflac.

After applying on campus, I received a call from an independent agent a few weeks later. They wanted to bring me in for an interview for a sales/marketing internship. I did not realize, however, that they were looking for interns to essentially help sell their product. The description in the job posting is rather vague as to what the interns will actually be doing. However, with that being said if someone is looking for a job in becoming an insurance agent, this is a very good internship. Interns have the ability to sell alongside actual agents and receive state certification. Furthermore, depending on the deal that you negotiate, you will be able to receive payments long after you are done working for Aflac. Overall, a great opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Giving you thirty seconds, give me your best sales pitch about yourself?   Answer Question

Executive Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Aflac.

Executive accountant and manager in training sounds great on paper but realistically you are just a sales representative. The first interview is basically a sales pitch to motivate you to work for 100% commission.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Aflac.

They contacted me from a search on monster.com as my resume was relevant to them. They invited me to a hiring fair and followed up with a surprise phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • They held a phone interview that was rather unexpected. It would have been nice to prepare as they found me via monster.com   Answer Question