Aflac Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
392 interviews

1.8

AFLAC Field Sales Agent Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac.

Don't fool yourself, they will hire anyone who can pass the insurance exam and is willing to work for no base/commission . They interview about 30 people a week in our office and have hired over 150 since Jan (but most don't stay). It's a great sales pitch they give you. But you may want to look at the average salaries posted on here. If you can live on 1000-2000 a month, go for it. BTW the insurance exam is not easy. They tell you at the interview that you can study and pass in 2 weeks. Most people take 3-4 weeks. New agents feed the machine. You can't look at the CIT's salaries to represent what you will make because they are given business by the DSC for compensation for training new sales agents.
     If they contacted you, and you want to check them out, make sure to research to see if there is a office closer to your home because you will need to go to meetings or training 5 days a week.

Interview Questions
    Unless you know a lot of business owners this job is fruitless.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

interviewed at Aflac in February 2014.

The interview process was hardly what you consider an interview. There was no one on one interaction and it was in a group setting. In fact, one of the few people that were waiting to be "interviewed" left and decided from the start that this was not what he wanted. The interview was more of an informational meeting where one of the workers discussed what the company does and what we would potentially do.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac.

I went to a job fair, when I First saw the aflac table I did not know what they did other than some kind of insurance. The lady was nice and there was a big white duck on the table, she didn't go into detail or give me any information on what i was signing up for so i gave her my resume and politely moved on and forgot about her and her big white duck. roughly a week later I get a call about for an interview, but realized shortly it was not the only applicant attending. Bobby spoke on the accident insurance and asked what we thought, and if it could be helpful or needed by people. I agreed wholeheartedly that it could indeed help a lot of people. He told us to think about it and pray to god if this is the route to go. I prayed and gave it to god. Roughly a week or so later i got another call for a second interview, this one on one interview went quickly asked a few questions then offered the position. I accepted

Interview Questions
    Ask about hours pay rate and benefits I forgot to ask and found out the hard way.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Aflac in August 2014.

Group interview with 15 people, followed by short 1 to 1 interview with a member of the team. Didn't feel like an interview at all, in fact I still have no idea what the job actually intales. Was more like a math class/sales pitch, explaining how much they thought we could potentially make in our first year. ($50,000 to $80,000 according to them, but with an average of $22,000 on glass door at time of writing this.
    We were then told we'd have a face to face interview, but told not to ask many questions as then it would take too long. When I asked about the mentoring the manager had mentioned in the "math class" I was told in clever wording that there was no such thing, but that the person sitting next to you in the office would keep an eye on you for a while.
    They also require you to take a test and get a licence to legally sell insurance in California ($280 at time of writing this.) The only question asked of me in the face to face interview was "Can you afford to pay $280 for the licence."

Interview Questions

This position was not what they made it to be, and less than half the income they tell you.

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  La Palma, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in La Palma, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in August 2014.

Applied online, process took a couple days before interview was scheduled. I showed up to the interview early and noticed several other interview candidates there as well. I was asked to fill out a short personality test and read info about the company. Upon waiting over an hour in the lobby with the other candidates, we were eventually ushered into a conference room where it appeared a presentation was going to take place. Another ten minutes went by and I left because I was going to be late for another appointment. I was extremely disappointed with how late the interviewer/presenter was as I basically wasted over 45 minutes to get to the interview (which wasn't even going to be an interview) and another hour and ten minutes once I got there. A company that does not value punctuality is not a company I want to work for.

Sales Associate Interview

Standard interview questions. If you know how to talk and write you're mostly hired..don't expect to get too complicated with the interview since it is really not that hard. Wear your black suit and all the other interview gears and you re all set

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac.

Group interview in conference room. Mentioned Manager in training position on the phone but it was post poned after the "presenters" tried to sell you on becoming a salesman.

Appeared to be a scam. Too dependent on commissions for an industry that already has too many negative view points from consumers nationwide.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Appleton, WI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in July 2014.

Initially, I was approached via Email for an interview after they saw my resume posted on an internet job board. The interview itself took about an hour and a half and it was a "group" interview. There was a questionnaire asking for some information about you and why you would be a good fit for Aflac. The interviewer asked us to complete part of the questionnaire at the beginning of the interview and part of it at the end. Overall, it was an informative, pleasant experience and being interviewed with another candidate simultaneously was not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for Aflac?   View Answer

Independent Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lacey, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Aflac in December 2011.

I attended a job fair where I met with two recruiters, they gave me some information and flyers about the company, after I left the job fair I did my own research through glass door and other sources and decided to call for an interview, the recruiter was not available for another week. When I finally met with the recruiter I was given a presentation that would be given to a business owner, I didn't really understand the concepts too well since I had never been a business owner or had that mind set, I was given the opportunity to get the online training ( for licensing) when I asked was told I would be working with a trainer to get me up to speed quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions were just those that a business owner could answer such as, would I help my employees with a payroll deduction at no cost to my business, of course I would.. But I didn't see how that fit into my job. Insurance was brand new and Greek to me   Answer Question
    Nothing to negotiate, straight up one hundred percent commission, I just wanted to be sure I was up and running quickly

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Florence, KY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Florence, KY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Aflac in June 2014.

the interview process consisted of two interviews both of mine were with the same person and asked standard questions she really stressed the importance of asking her questions during the interview. the first she explained the business and asked a few questions and the second she asked the questions. she really seemed to be upselling the business which is her job but i didnt buy into she showed me her bosses w2s as a sales trick which was well into 6 figures and told me all these stories about her success stories which did more harm than good to me i dont like feeling like im being sold on a job.

Interview Questions

they seemed to be trying to hard to get me to work for them also i didnt want to pay the fee for the insurance license.

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!