Aflac

338 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Representative Interview

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details They found my name through a list of candidates they received from monster or indeed. Cold caller reached out to me to schedule an interview. Once I went, I was informed it was a 100% commission based job selling insurance.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details The interview was conducted as a group. It really was not even an interview. It was more of a sales pitch.

Interview Question – How would you convince a hesitant client to buy your insurance?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to go the route of sales.

Columbia, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview consisted of seven people and not one on one, I was called by them to go into office for an interview. It turned out to be a presentation to us about the company and all the great benefits and money you can earn there, such as free trips here and there, stocks and commission. At the end we were told there were two positions available at a time when in fact it looked like they will hire just everybody there.

Reason for Declining – Not job for me.

Executive Associate Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Aflac in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview process is bull. If you look at the people who walk into the first interview, which is an hour long info session educating me about how wonderful Aflac is, then you will be able to see what type of standards they hold for this position. The email sent prior to this "first interview" clearly states to arrive twenty minutes early and to wear business attire (no jeans), yet when I was sitting in the office waiting for my second interview, two people walked in late and one guy walked in with baggy jeans. Also, some of these people were very old and not exactly ideal to be sales associates for insurance...Anyways, they hand out the second interview like candy but make it seem like some people won't get it with only 3 questions: can you afford to get an insurance license ($270), is there anything in your background (criminal) that could hinder you getting a license, do you have transportation? After only answering these 3 questions, I was handed a second interview. During my second interview, I was very unsatisfied with the professionalism or lack thereof, that there was in my interview. The district manager left my interview 3 times to "take care of something" and texted on his phone twice while I was answering his questions. Now what makes him think I would want to work for someone like this? He asked me questions about my resume for maybe 5-10 minutes and then moved on to talking about what I would do for the job as if he offered it to me already. It seemed like he was trying to sell the job again. Do not even go for this unless you really, truly want to sell insurance. It's all commission based and the same job description for this title is also under other titles for Aflac. So it's the same job, but different names.

Interview Question – Why did you study the subjects you majored in in college?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company was very unprofessional, standard was low, and seemed like a sketch job to take on.

Benefits Consultant Agent Interview

Interview Details On campus interview

Interview Question – Why do you think you are competent   Answer Question

Business to Business Insurance Sales Associate Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Aflac in April 2014.

Interview Details Two interviews, the first one is a group interview where they go over what they are as well as what they are looking for. If you want a second interview you can schedule now ,most people leave. The second interview is really easy.Really laid back ,they tell you if you got the job if you did you have to pay for there insurance test prep class that day 7-10 later take test get fingerprinted and pick up your license.

Interview Question – They ask what the word sales means to you.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. They get paged to hire new associates I don't think they really care who you are where you come from if you can hold a conversation and don't appear nervous then you are fine. Just be approachable

Aflac Agent Interview

Altoona, PA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Aflac in December 2013.

Interview Details There was no set start time. the office did not keep in touch and the course that was given did not have the information needed to take the state test

Interview Question – There was no difficult question   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details was done in a group setting

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Aflac.

Interview Details Went in to the interview prepared to be asked questions, but generally wasn't asked much of anything. Two representatives sat in on my interview and repeatedly told anecdotes of the the greatness of residual income. They did paint a nice picture of how they work with people and how what they do benefits others. I was a little disappointed by the fact that it wasn't really an interview, more like a sales pitch.

Interview Question – What do you want to do?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It wasn't for me.

Sales Associate Interview

Interviewed at Aflac

Interview Details The initial interview was a group session (approximately 8 candidates). This proved to be a little less stressful then having to interview one on one. The process only took about a half hour, from there the interviewer called back those she felt would be an asset. The second interview was more like an official interview.

Interview Question – As in most cases, what is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – no the right fit

Interviews for Top Jobs at Aflac

Worked for Aflac? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aflac interview questions and advice. All 338 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Aflac employees and interview candidates.