AlliedBarton

Getting the Interview

88 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Officer (Unarmed) Interview

I applied online and interviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview Details Main concern seemed to be that I have an additional source of income to survive.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or totally unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; 'take it or leave it'

Security Officer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview Details Initial interview with recruiter was ok, interview with site management was poor.

Interview Question – Allied Barton management was very rude and condescending.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only accepted the job, because I needed a pay check until I could find a better company to work for.

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at AlliedBarton in June 2012.

Interview Details Easy communication to get in contact with potential managers. Quick access to training for certification. Fast placement for a site.

Interview Question – 3rd Shift   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Security Interview

Interviewed at AlliedBarton

Interview Details The hiring process was pretty easy. You fill out the application. I was able to fill out the application and interview same day.

Interview Question – You do have to complete orientation. It lasted for two days. After completion, you could then schedule onsite interviews with the managers at locations that have vacancies and where you want to work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Security Director
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AlliedBarton in December 2010.

Interview Details I was recruited by the HR Director because of my experience working in the hotel industry as a Director of Security. The HR Director need someone to post for a specific account that required customer service training, therefore, the interview process was based off of my experience training, supervising, and developing safety and security policies and procedures.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time, I thought Allied's offer was good, therefore, no negotiation was necessary.

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at AlliedBarton in January 2014.

Interview Details Very good vetting process, fair and well ordered. Actually the process was fun !

Interview Question – Have you ever been written up? Tell us about that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are quite open to negotiation.

Security Director
Newbury Park, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at AlliedBarton in September 2011.

Interview Details Know the company you are applying for. Do research on their mode of operation. For instance it's good to know that Allied Barton is rated number one in the country for their security guard training regimen.

Interview Question – Tell us how you will improve the profitability of the job site assigned. My answer was to control turnover and reduce and/or eliminate the use of overtime by creating a great work atmosphere.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed. the salary and benefit package was exceptional.

Security Officer (Unarmed) Interview

Security Officer (Unarmed)
Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AlliedBarton in February 2010.

Interview Details Interview was short and I was hired on the spot. Came back for training classes.

Interview Question – How would I handle an angry intruder.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

Very Easy Interview

Security Officer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview Details Applied online got a call the same day and interviewed the following day. 2nd interview at the site the following day. Hired.

Negotiation Details – None

Security Supervisor Interview

Security Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at AlliedBarton.

Interview Details Very unprofessional. They believe what they say though

Interview Question – Dare to be safe.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – hired everyone on from Securitas Branch

Interviews for Top Jobs at AlliedBarton

Worked for AlliedBarton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AlliedBarton interview questions and advice. All 88 interview reviews are posted anonymously by AlliedBarton employees and interview candidates.