Allstate Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.8

IT Graduate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate (Belfast, Northern Ireland).

Interview

Interview process was quite lengthy and did take a relative amount if time. First of all it was though submitting a CV took quite a while for a response but then an interview was arranged this was both scenario based and technical questions (they will grill you a bit technically wise) then received an email due to such a high volume of candidates and was invited to fill out an additional application.

Interview Questions

• Questions such as how have you dealt under pressure, did u face any difficulties when it came to doing Uni work is there any mark u gained u weren't satisfied with the difference between a class and an object what different types of testing are there   Answer Question

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Allstate in April 2015.

Interview

After doing the phone interview and passing the online assessment I was scheduled for a face to face interview. The whole interview took about 2 hours. The interview was with two of the Claims Team Leaders and it was more of a conversation than an actual interview. They did a great job of letting me know what they where looking for and told me to just answer the questions honestly and not how I think they want me to answer. It was a really comfortable environment as far as interviews go. This part of the interview took about an hour and a half. After that they invited me to sit with a claims adjuster while they discuss me with their boss. Sitting with the claims adjuster was really insightful on what it would be like to get the job. I shadowed the claim adjuster for probably about 30 minutes before their boss came and got me for a mini interview. I did the interview today and waiting to hear back from them. I hope I get it I really loved the environment!

Interview Questions

• Basic name a time questions. They give a brief explanation for what they are looking for before they ask the question...more conversational then basic name a time format   Answer Question

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chalfont, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Allstate (Chalfont, PA (US)).

Interview

Very easy, laid-back interview. The interviewer seemed to be unprepared and unorganized. The questions were pretty basic, formality questions. Name a time you failed... What would your past employer say one of your strengths, what would they say is a weakness. How would your past experiences benefit you in this role.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had failed, and how did you handle that failure? Were you able to be successful in a similar project?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Allstate (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

First round was face to face, second was managerial round and then HR, But CTC was not negotiated much, they have fixed standards...

You cannot negotitate much on CTC..
    They take long interviews

Interview Questions

• In the first round, they were concerned about just your O.O.Ps , in the second round all about projects thats it   1 Answer

Negotiation

Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Allstate (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

Applied through my University's job board. Had a phone interview within 2 days of applying. The phone interview was basic questions and I had to take a computer screening exam as well. After passing that, I then had an interviewed scheduled in the office. The second interview asked me why I am interested in the internship, why I feel I am qualified, etc. About 2 weeks later I got scheduled for a third interview. This interview lasted a total of 5 minutes and was with the office's lead manager. I was asked the same questions from the second interview, just asked by the manager instead and then I was told that I would hear back very soon. 2 weeks later I was notified that the position was filled via email. The process was all too lengthy, taking 2 months in total, even though the interviewers always told me that I would be notified within a few days after each round, it normally took a few weeks. Also the 3rd interview required me to miss an entire day of classes due to travel time, but I was only asked the same simple questions from before. It was a true waste of time.

Licensed Sales Producer- Not Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Initial interview very good - one on one and then the written and oral testing from the corporate office, not to stressful if you know the business - Don't know why this site requires at least 30 words - but - there really isn't much advancement working at the sales locations unless you decide to open your own office or go to work for the actual copy

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate.

Interview

Went over the resume and described the projects and stat analysis softwares used and mentioned python experience will be a plus. Then told me direction of the data team is working on. HR said there will be a technical one, but finally there is not.

Interview Questions

• Projects done in the past.   1 Answer

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate (Malvern, PA (US)).

Interview

Very easy. The interview was with two managers who read off questions from a corporate interview sheet and wrote down notes based on my answers. All questions were geared toward customer service in general and had little to do with claims. One part of the interview did touch upon your knowledge of Auto Claims, but again, it was really geared to get a sense of your prior customer service experience and how you have helped customers in the past.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult customer service situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Allstate (Northbrook, IL (US)).

Interview

Overall, it was a long interview process with multiple steps. Be prepared for a Behavioral Interview ("Tell me about a time when...") and some type of skills check. Use the STAR method for the behavioral questions and you should be OK. My HR rep was great with follow up and next steps so I always felt like I was in the loop.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were pulled in many different directions and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Inside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Allstate (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online in February, was contacted via email for a phone interview on 04/10, and completed a 15 min phone interview on 04/13. I then passed the assessment also on 04/13. I was phoned on 4/19 for an in person interview that following Wednesday! I had my interview with two people, both were very professional and nice. They seem like an amazing team to work with! I am currently waiting to hear back. I really hope and pray that I get this position, it's not about the money, it's my passion!!

Interview Questions

• What interested me in this particular job?
      Why should they choose me over the other candidates?

Answer Question