AlphaSights Summer Analyst Interview Questions

2.5

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AlphaSights in April 2014.

Recorded video interview - the first step. You have half a minute time to prepare for the 4-5 questions, 30 to 60 seconds time to answer. You can rerecord once the whole interview,but you can't go back in your questions.

Interview Questions
  • Who do you admire; Where do you see yourself in ten years; Which book have you last read; Present AlphaSights in your own words.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AlphaSights

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

I applied online via a form, it was easy and simple. No cover letter required in the traditional sense, just state your motivation for the role in about 250 words. Then I received an invitation to a online interview, which I had to complete within 3 days. The questions were:
    - What does AlphaSights do?
    - Why did you apply for a role with us?
    - Who do you admire the most?
    - What other positions are you interested in?

Interview Questions
    • I guess it was 'Who do you admire the most?' as the person you chose to speak about directly reflects your interests/aspirations, so you have to be careful who you pick.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

After submitting my resume, I was asked to take an online video interview. There were several questions and it took about five minutes. It is like TOEFL speaking test that I had a few seconds to prepare for the answer and have 1-2 minutes to speak. It is a little bit weird.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are behavioral ones, for example: Give us an example of your leadership; what re you passionate about?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

Applied online. First round interview took place over the computer. They generate 5 questions and you have a minute to record your answer. The questions were all behavioral, no technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit at Alpha Sights   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied via my university career center. Was contacted immediately to submit video interview. Fairly straightforward but definitely awkward, which is probably the point of the exercise. Was contacted shortly after to interview via Skype. Very generic interview consisting of answering questions about my resume and experiences. Notified a few days later that I did not receive the position.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights.

I applied via campus recruiting website and got feedback after initial resume submission; they wanted me to answer several fit questions using webcams. They asked 1) What does Alphasights do, 2) About your background, 3) your entrepreneurial experience, 4) what would you contribute to Alphasights and several other questions. Hasn't got replies yet.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights.

Fairly straightforward, it was an online video interview where you talked to your computer and answered questions. Not super difficult. It was odd to talk to a computer so I recommend getting as comfortable with talking to your laptop as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Most have already been mentioned but the one that threw me was a question about my entrepreneurial experience   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights in September 2014.

I was asked to submit a video assessment after I applied online. I haven't heard back from them yet. The whole process is not hard. The questions are mostly basic questions like: what do alphasights do, what is your long term goal, what is your interest, why do you apply to alphasights.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an interesting news that you recently heard   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

interviewed at AlphaSights in June 2014.

After I applied through their website, I received an email for online interview using take the interview. This was nothing special and there were 4 expected questions, what alpha sights does, why alphasights, demonstrate an example of business awareness and why u think you would be a success there.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. But make sure you leave some time to try the system.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights.

Overall, negative and unprofessional experience.

Shortly after applying online, they contacted me about the video interview submission. This was not difficult; just read and prepare the interview questions that others have posted. They use the same ones every time, I guess.

After this, I spoke with one of the associates on Google Plus and the interview was pretty casual and asked very simple questions. They send you a sheet of questions to prepare for, so as long as you go through those, you should be good.

The next step was their invitation for an on-site interview. They emailed me and asked me to provide some dates that I would be available to come visit the firm in New York. I emailed them on April 7th a list of available dates, and then I heard nothing from them until the 24th, when they called me to tell me that the position had been filled. The lady told me I was qualified but that 1. half the dates that I had given didn't work and 2. the other dates were too late in the process.

I honestly was surprised at how unprofessional this process was. The lady never responded to any follow up emails, and should have contacted me if the dates that I provided weren't working out.

Overall, the people in this firm seem nice, but disorganized.