AlphaSights

Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights.

The process took around 4 weeks, having been interrupted by Christmas break. It all started with a video interview online (very strange, but somehow interesting), where I was asked to answer three questions. I could prepare 5 seconds for each question and answer in 30 seconds/question. The questions where something along the line of:

- Explain our business model
- What do you expect to learn from our summer internship?
- What caught your attention in the news recently and why?

After that I had a one-to-one interview in the London office. The guy was German, so that was a good coincidence (I'm Austrian). We got along very well, he basically asked me initially what I know about AlphaSights and then told me more. Then he went into my CV.

The last round was a 5 minute presentation about a case study. You get it beforehand and are supposed to research for two hours. The presentation went well, it was followed by a Q&A, basically they wanted to know how and where I got the info from. After that, I had a conversation with two more senior employees about my motivation and my CV.

Other Interview Reviews for AlphaSights

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at AlphaSights in January 2015.

I applied online and took the online tests almost immediately. The whole process probably took around 2 months. Shortly after taking the tests, I was asked to book an initial interview. This was a one-on-one interview where we discussed mostly my motivations for choosing both the role and the company, and checking if I knew what the company does. I was then asked shortly after to go to a second interview with 2 more senior employees, which consisted of a 5-min case study presentation (you're emailed the brief and are told to spend 2 hours on preparation) and further motivational questions as well as questions about the case study. This was relatively straight forward but be sure to research around the brief - I was asked some questions about the career path of the CEOs of the company as well as past deals the company had made and luckily I'd read some of the press releases! Both interviews were very relaxed and the interviewers were lovely, making the whole process a lot less stressful than other internship applications.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think the experts (knowledge holders) choose to work with us?
      The case study presentation (as it was quite different to any type of work I'd done before)

View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

interviewed at AlphaSights in January 2015.

Simple application online. Received an email a few days later requesting that I complete a AVA (AlphaSights Video Assessment). I prepared for several hours for the AVA. Ultimately the biggest takeaway was that you need to keep your answers short and concise. There are ~8 questions, 7 of them are 30 seconds, one was 1 minute.

Summer Analyst Interview

I submitted my CV and also a 200 words statement about myself accomplishing the core values of AlphaSights. Two or three days later I got the invitation to video assessment. I did prepare a lot but it ended up with a slight dismay. All of three questions were 30 seconds long each and I could not squeeze in all I wanted to say to the short time period. Anyway, I could have done this better. The questions include business models of AlphaSights, current news you are interested in, and what skills you can gain as a summer analyst.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected but the time was too short for me to build up any structure for my answer   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights in December 2014.

The process took around two weeks. I Initially filled a short application form based on one of their 5 core values and uploaded my CV. A few days later I had an invitation to a video interview, in which you face a screen and speak, there is no one on the other side.

Interview Questions
    • There were only three questions, fairly easy but as my first interview I was very nervous. They were basically
      1. What does Alphasights do
      2.What do you hope to learn during your time at alphasights
      3. Discuss a current affair which has caught your interest.

I had 30 seconds each for both, which is a fairly short time.

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights in October 2014.

Completed online application. Received an invitation by email to complete short video answers to questions. You have 10-60 seconds to respond to each question. After that, I received an invitation to have a Skype interview with a member of HR. The woman was very nice and the questions mostly seemed like fit questions. They sent a case study to complete before hand but I was not asked about the case study at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us one thing you wouldn't know based on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AlphaSights in April 2014.

Recorded video interview - the first step. You have half a minute time to prepare for the 4-5 questions, 30 to 60 seconds time to answer. You can rerecord once the whole interview,but you can't go back in your questions.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you admire; Where do you see yourself in ten years; Which book have you last read; Present AlphaSights in your own words.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

I applied online via a form, it was easy and simple. No cover letter required in the traditional sense, just state your motivation for the role in about 250 words. Then I received an invitation to a online interview, which I had to complete within 3 days. The questions were:
    - What does AlphaSights do?
    - Why did you apply for a role with us?
    - Who do you admire the most?
    - What other positions are you interested in?

Interview Questions
    • I guess it was 'Who do you admire the most?' as the person you chose to speak about directly reflects your interests/aspirations, so you have to be careful who you pick.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

Video Interview: prepare a good computer and wear suit, basic behavior questions, very limited time, questions including What does AlphaSights do, Why you choose AlphaSights, Why you choose your university

Interview Questions
    • What does AlphaSights do, Why you choose AlphaSights, Why you choose your university   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AlphaSights.

Shortly after I got in touch with a recruiter from Alphasights at a local recruiting event I sent my CV to Alphasights. Immediately the next day I was called to arrange a short personal fit interview for the upcoming week. After some initial preparation I was able to easily pass this first interview round which mainly centered around my personal motivation to join AlphaSights. Most of the questions have been already mentioned here. All in all, it was more of a conversation and the interviewer from AlphaSights came across as very friendly.
    The next day I received a call that I had made it to the second and final round which would revolve around a little case that had to be prepared upfront. In this specific case I had to apply the AlphaSights transaction process to two potential clients and explain my rationale behind identifying and approaching each one of them. Now, I put quite some time into preparing myself as I really wanted to understand the ins and outs of AlphaSights' business model.
    At the beginning of the second interview I then presented my findings in a brief summary. After some more personal questions we moved on to a second mini case in which I had to sit down for 15 minutes in order to identify 4 advisors in total (2 for each case). This was fairly stressful given the time constraints. Afterwards, I was to explain my rationale again which was followed by a more in-depth discussion of AlpaSights client base.

In a nutshell, the entire recruitment process went very smoothly. Both my HR contact and the interviewers were very friendly, which immediately appealed to me a lot!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you pick advisor XX? Don't you think there could be a conflict of interest?   Answer Question