AlphaSights Summer Analyst Interview Questions

2.5

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AlphaSights in April 2014.

Recorded video interview - the first step. You have half a minute time to prepare for the 4-5 questions, 30 to 60 seconds time to answer. You can rerecord once the whole interview,but you can't go back in your questions.

Interview Questions
  • Who do you admire; Where do you see yourself in ten years; Which book have you last read; Present AlphaSights in your own words.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AlphaSights

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AlphaSights.

I applied online via a form, it was easy and simple. No cover letter required in the traditional sense, just state your motivation for the role in about 250 words. Then I received an invitation to a online interview, which I had to complete within 3 days. The questions were:
    - What does AlphaSights do?
    - Why did you apply for a role with us?
    - Who do you admire the most?
    - What other positions are you interested in?

Interview Questions
    • I guess it was 'Who do you admire the most?' as the person you chose to speak about directly reflects your interests/aspirations, so you have to be careful who you pick.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

After submitting my resume, I was asked to take an online video interview. There were several questions and it took about five minutes. It is like TOEFL speaking test that I had a few seconds to prepare for the answer and have 1-2 minutes to speak. It is a little bit weird.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are behavioral ones, for example: Give us an example of your leadership; what re you passionate about?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied via my university career center. Was contacted immediately to submit video interview. Fairly straightforward but definitely awkward, which is probably the point of the exercise. Was contacted shortly after to interview via Skype. Very generic interview consisting of answering questions about my resume and experiences. Notified a few days later that I did not receive the position.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AlphaSights in September 2014.

I was asked to submit a video assessment after I applied online. I haven't heard back from them yet. The whole process is not hard. The questions are mostly basic questions like: what do alphasights do, what is your long term goal, what is your interest, why do you apply to alphasights.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an interesting news that you recently heard   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

interviewed at AlphaSights in June 2014.

After I applied through their website, I received an email for online interview using take the interview. This was nothing special and there were 4 expected questions, what alpha sights does, why alphasights, demonstrate an example of business awareness and why u think you would be a success there.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. But make sure you leave some time to try the system.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights.

Overall, negative and unprofessional experience.

Shortly after applying online, they contacted me about the video interview submission. This was not difficult; just read and prepare the interview questions that others have posted. They use the same ones every time, I guess.

After this, I spoke with one of the associates on Google Plus and the interview was pretty casual and asked very simple questions. They send you a sheet of questions to prepare for, so as long as you go through those, you should be good.

The next step was their invitation for an on-site interview. They emailed me and asked me to provide some dates that I would be available to come visit the firm in New York. I emailed them on April 7th a list of available dates, and then I heard nothing from them until the 24th, when they called me to tell me that the position had been filled. The lady told me I was qualified but that 1. half the dates that I had given didn't work and 2. the other dates were too late in the process.

I honestly was surprised at how unprofessional this process was. The lady never responded to any follow up emails, and should have contacted me if the dates that I provided weren't working out.

Overall, the people in this firm seem nice, but disorganized.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights.

I first submitted my application online via my college career website and also through the AlphaSights website. I was requested to take the online webcam interview within a few days. I wouldn't say the questions were hard. They were mostly simple and straightforward. However, it is important that you keep your answers concise as there is a time limit. You will get a chance to try a practice round of the video recording so that should hopefully hep you ease into the process. However, you can only record your answers once so have your answers prepared.

After a few days, I was invited for a Skype interview with a lead analyst. Again, it mostly involved resume based questions and they just want to gain a better understanding of who you are what it is that you want to do. They do however try to examine your understanding of AlphaSights's business model. I was given a mini case and as the analyst explained what AlphaSights does, he would ask me questions that were relevant to what they did. So its important to pay attention to the details.

After about 2 weeks, I was invited for an onsite interview. The on-line was not as hard as i expected. Two analysts interviewed me together. Most questions were about the business model, the expert network industry, my career goals, etc. They were very friendly. I was called after a week with the offer

Overall, I'd say that it was a good interview experience. My advice would be to know they company were, and more importantly know what you want to do and how do you think you'll be able to achieve that through alphasights.

Interview Question – Why AlphaSights? What do they do? What you're studying and why?Talk about your passion? Case study - Asked me to think about the supply chain of a particular industry and questions revolved around who I might contant to get a better understanding of the industry demand.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at AlphaSights.

I submitted my application through their website. I was contacted in a few days about an online question service.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too complicated. It's only difficult because it is awkward to sit there and talk about yourself to a computer. I was asked 8 questions. Why did you choose your university? What are you passionate about? In you own words, what does AlphaSights do? How did you choose your major? What was your most reason entreprenuerial experience? Explain a leadership position you have had. What other offers are you considering?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights.

5 question interview using take the interview, a software that asks and records simple timed questions. the 5 questions were about what alphasights does, its competitors, my leadership experience, and why i chose my college/major

then i had a 40 minute skype interview a few weeks later, mostly about my resume

Interview Questions
    • all very straightforward behavioral questions, and resume questions   Answer Question

Worked for AlphaSights? Contribute to the Community!