AlphaSights

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

I applied online and interviewed at AlphaSights.

Interview Details I applied online via a form, it was easy and simple. No cover letter required in the traditional sense, just state your motivation for the role in about 250 words. Then I received an invitation to a online interview, which I had to complete within 3 days. The questions were:
- What does AlphaSights do?
- Why did you apply for a role with us?
- Who do you admire the most?
- What other positions are you interested in?

Interview Question – I guess it was 'Who do you admire the most?' as the person you chose to speak about directly reflects your interests/aspirations, so you have to be careful who you pick.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights in March 2014.

Interview Details First interview was through an online service that videotaped responses to simple questions like "What is AlphaSights". It is utmost important to express comfort and ease during this interview as to show friendliness and social skills. Face to face interview in the New York Office was about 2 hours along with about two rounds. Questions were typical interview questions except for the case study.

Interview Question – What type of experts would you reach out to if a client was interested in the market/industry trends in the stationary space, specifically pens?   View Answer

Summer Analyst

I interviewed at AlphaSights in June 2014.

Interview Details After I applied through their website, I received an email for online interview using take the interview. This was nothing special and there were 4 expected questions, what alpha sights does, why alphasights, demonstrate an example of business awareness and why u think you would be a success there.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. But make sure you leave some time to try the system.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights.

Interview Details Overall, negative and unprofessional experience.

Shortly after applying online, they contacted me about the video interview submission. This was not difficult; just read and prepare the interview questions that others have posted. They use the same ones every time, I guess.

After this, I spoke with one of the associates on Google Plus and the interview was pretty casual and asked very simple questions. They send you a sheet of questions to prepare for, so as long as you go through those, you should be good.

The next step was their invitation for an on-site interview. They emailed me and asked me to provide some dates that I would be available to come visit the firm in New York. I emailed them on April 7th a list of available dates, and then I heard nothing from them until the 24th, when they called me to tell me that the position had been filled. The lady told me I was qualified but that 1. half the dates that I had given didn't work and 2. the other dates were too late in the process.

I honestly was surprised at how unprofessional this process was. The lady never responded to any follow up emails, and should have contacted me if the dates that I provided weren't working out.

Overall, the people in this firm seem nice, but disorganized.

Interview Question – Honestly the questions were not difficult.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights.

Interview Details I first submitted my application online via my college career website and also through the AlphaSights website. I was requested to take the online webcam interview within a few days. I wouldn't say the questions were hard. They were mostly simple and straightforward. However, it is important that you keep your answers concise as there is a time limit. You will get a chance to try a practice round of the video recording so that should hopefully hep you ease into the process. However, you can only record your answers once so have your answers prepared.

After a few days, I was invited for a Skype interview with a lead analyst. Again, it mostly involved resume based questions and they just want to gain a better understanding of who you are what it is that you want to do. They do however try to examine your understanding of AlphaSights's business model. I was given a mini case and as the analyst explained what AlphaSights does, he would ask me questions that were relevant to what they did. So its important to pay attention to the details.

After about 2 weeks, I was invited for an onsite interview. The on-line was not as hard as i expected. Two analysts interviewed me together. Most questions were about the business model, the expert network industry, my career goals, etc. They were very friendly. I was called after a week with the offer

Overall, I'd say that it was a good interview experience. My advice would be to know they company were, and more importantly know what you want to do and how do you think you'll be able to achieve that through alphasights.

Interview Question – Why AlphaSights? What do they do? What you're studying and why?Talk about your passion? Case study - Asked me to think about the supply chain of a particular industry and questions revolved around who I might contant to get a better understanding of the industry demand.

Interview Question – How important is a career for you at AlphaSights?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at AlphaSights.

Interview Details I submitted my application through their website. I was contacted in a few days about an online question service.

Interview Question – Nothing too complicated. It's only difficult because it is awkward to sit there and talk about yourself to a computer. I was asked 8 questions. Why did you choose your university? What are you passionate about? In you own words, what does AlphaSights do? How did you choose your major? What was your most reason entreprenuerial experience? Explain a leadership position you have had. What other offers are you considering?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights.

Interview Details 5 question interview using take the interview, a software that asks and records simple timed questions. the 5 questions were about what alphasights does, its competitors, my leadership experience, and why i chose my college/major

then i had a 40 minute skype interview a few weeks later, mostly about my resume

Interview Question – all very straightforward behavioral questions, and resume questions   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights.

Interview Details I applied online through their website and got an invitation for a video interview a few days later. The video interview was very straight forward, five questions related mostly to the company (who are they, what do they do, how are they different from their competitors). Then I had a Skype interview, which involved mostly behavioural questions, nothing unexpected. The last stage was an on-site interview.

Interview Question – Why did you choose your university? If you take AlphaSights out of the picture, what would be your best offer?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights in January 2014.

Interview Details Good and prompt communication with HR throughout the interview process.

First submitted my application online via my college career website and the AlphaSights website. I was contacted about 1-1.5 weeks later for the recorded online interview. The process of conducting the recorded interview was slightly awkward and high-pressure (you are only able to record once and can't re-watch your answers once they've been submitted).

A few (2-3) days later, I was contacted by HR for a skype interview. The interview was with a Lead Analyst and was relatively smooth -- most of the questions were geared towards gauging my understanding of AlphaSights's business model. However, I was thrown a curveball -- the analyst gave me a mini-case study midway through the interview that tested my ability to think about supply chains in a particular industry.

Just under a week later, I was contacted again by HR for a final on-site interview. The on-site interview was a little more intense than I'd expected -- I interviewed with 2 analysts at once who plied me with questions about the business model, the expert network industry, my career goals, etc. However, both interviews were courteous and receptive to my questions. I was contacted with the interview about 2 days later.

All in all, I'd say that it was a good interview experience and HR kept me in the loop the whole time. My main piece of advice would be to do your research on AlphaSights and the industry it's competing in.

Interview Question – Case study - required me to visualize the supply chain of a particular relatively obscure industry and who I might talk to within that industry to gauge industry demand.   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at AlphaSights.

Interview Details Follow the instruction available at glassdoor and you will be fine. Nothing unexpected. why school/what does AlphaSights do/what are other jobs that you applied etc.

Interview Question – questions are pretty standard. It may be uncomfortable to do the interview facing your laptop camera. so practice a few times in advance. some questions are 30s but some are 60s. Be careful.   Answer Question

Worked for AlphaSights? Contribute to the Community!