AlphaSights

Updated 11 Dec 2014

2.6

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I submitted my CV and also a 200 words statement about myself accomplishing the core values of AlphaSights. Two or three days later I got the invitation to video assessment. I did prepare a lot but it ended up with a slight dismay. All of three questions were 30 seconds long each and I could not squeeze in all I wanted to say to the short time period. Anyway, I could have done this better. The questions include business models of AlphaSights, current news you are interested in, and what skills you can gain as a summer analyst.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected but the time was too short for me to build up any structure for my answer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for AlphaSights

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AlphaSights in April 2014.

Recorded video interview - the first step. You have half a minute time to prepare for the 4-5 questions, 30 to 60 seconds time to answer. You can rerecord once the whole interview,but you can't go back in your questions.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you admire; Where do you see yourself in ten years; Which book have you last read; Present AlphaSights in your own words.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

I applied online via a form, it was easy and simple. No cover letter required in the traditional sense, just state your motivation for the role in about 250 words. Then I received an invitation to a online interview, which I had to complete within 3 days. The questions were:
    - What does AlphaSights do?
    - Why did you apply for a role with us?
    - Who do you admire the most?
    - What other positions are you interested in?

Interview Questions
    • I guess it was 'Who do you admire the most?' as the person you chose to speak about directly reflects your interests/aspirations, so you have to be careful who you pick.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Process begins with an online application. Within about 10 days of submitting the app you get an invitation to "interview" online where you record yourself answering 7-8 questions, each with a 30-60 second time limit. Weird talking to a computer and not a person so definitely practice your answers before you do it.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions can be found on the other postings on this page. There seems to be a pool of 10-12 that they pick 7-8 from.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Submitted an app online and heard back within a week for a video interview with nobody on the other end. They asked questions and I was given a certain amount of time to answer. The questions were straightforward and rather easy. I was then contacted for another Skype interview with two associates.

Summer Analyst Interview

Very simple process. I applied through my school and got an answer back in around 3 weeks. They requested a video interview, which was basic to say the very least.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights.

On-campus, very relaxed. Resume submission, no cover letter required, through campus website, contacted for an interview about 2 weeks later. Interview with an analyst and then a manager, nice guys, mostly behavioral stuff and questions about AS business model. Felt more like a conversation than an interview. Offer about a week later.

Summer Analyst () Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at AlphaSights in December 2014.

I sent my CV and cover letter through my University job portal. Almost immediately they sent me an email with some links to learn more about the company. About 2 days after that they sent an email asking for the video interview. You only have 72 hours to do that. It was uncomfortable to speak with the computer, very impersonal. My advice is to practice a lot before. For every questions you only have 30 seconds to answer. There were not hard questions, but do not underestimate it. The questions were:
    1 Explain AlphaSights business model with your own words
    2 What skills do you think you can gain with this internship?
    3 What news caught you attention recently and why?
    It doesn't last more than 5 minutes, but you only have a shot, and no breaks. Practice.
    I just did it, so I'm waiting for the answer.

Summer Analyst Interview

Got in touch through university's career website. It took 2 and half week for me to get an video assessment. I will post my updates once I got the confirmation. I found a interesting video regarding to AlphaSights Business Prospect through youtube which I recommend everyone to watch. The framework Max (Director) used to think about information market is quite interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOj4BLdx8nA

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights.

Online interview with pre-recorded questions was really awkward, considering you only had 30 seconds to answer some of them. Some had 60 seconds, but they all seemed too short for the respective questions being posed.