Amazon.com

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Spartanburg, SC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Interview Details Interview process is easy. Very comfortable with the actual physical process. Makes you want to work for there.

Interview Question – There was none.   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in December 2012.

Interview Details First round is a combination of a written aptitude test and communication round. The aptitude test is a basic level test which consists of basic logical reasoning and language questions. Then comes the difficult part, the second round consists of two manager level interview rounds. One interview is to test the personality of the candidate and the other is analytic.

Interview Question – A bucket is kept under the tap and the tap is opened to let out water. Though water is flowing out, the bucket never seems to be full. why?   View Answers (5)

Negotiation Details – There is no chance for negotiation. Amazon.com does not negotiate salaries at an entry level.

Very Easy Interview

Allentown, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2012.

Interview Details Easiest interview I ever had. The difficult part was getting someone from the company to talk to, my friend worked there and got me the email of an HR rep. I knew they were hiring because they were telling their employees to get good people to come in. It took me 2 weeks of 2 emails a day to finally get a call in.

I was interviewed in a group of about 10-20 people, and be prepared because they will make you stand just inside the door for about a half hour first (I think this is a test to see if you can put up with their B.S.) I was in the warehouse for about 1.5 hrs and 95% of that time was just sitting around.

They called me into a room to "interview" me. Easiest interview ever, even easier than my interview to work for the ma and pop pizza shop up the street when I was in high school. They asked me 5 questions, which were printed out on a piece of paper. I stole one off a table and read the questions before the interview. Questions are designed to weed out only the mentally challenged and anyone illiterate. "Name a time you were creative at work" - only question I remember but they were all a piece of cake.

Interview Question – It was difficult to sit there for an hour and a half. It was also difficult to get in touch with anyone in the HR office (a problem I found for amzn workers as well as perspective workers)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all. take it or leave it

Coffeyville, KS (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2012.

Interview Details very casual, but good pointed questions, only 7. This describes the interview to become a permanent employee. You are hired in as a temp in most cases, I was temp for 4 months

Interview Question – how much of your day do you smile?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com Associate interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.