Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Support Specialist Interview

Product Support Specialist

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details This was a series of two phone interviews followed by four back to back interviews in person. The questions were really structured and all competency based around adherence towards their leadership principles. You so get the same questions asked quite a few times but you should still make sure you come armed with dozens of examples that have numbers behind them.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you used data to make a decision.   Answer Question

MBA Program Interview

MBA Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details CV and cover letter submission followed by online maths test (v quick time limit). Two 30 minute interviews in round one and then three interviews in round two. All competence-based questions. Ended without the interviewer really getting to know anything about the interviewee. Interviewers current Amazon employees (not HR).

Interview Question – When did you use deep data analysis to solve a problem   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details had first quick phone interview with a polite recruiter then a second telephone interview was arranged. Interviewer was unfriendly and did not try to build a rapport at all. I'm grateful that I've not been invited for one to one interviews based on my experience as well as many other reviews. not worth your time and preparation

Interview Question – questions were not difficult but not clearly presented   Answer Question

Internet Fraud Investigator (German) Interview

Internet Fraud Investigator (German)
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2013.

Interview Details The process took about two month and was done in 3 stages.
1. A preliminary phone interview which took about 10-15 minutes. The recruiter talkes a little bit about the job and asked if I am still interested in it. During this interview a second interview was scheduled with one of the department heads.
2. Again a phone interview which lasted a little bit longer maybe about 30 minutes. He mainly wanted me to tell him about a time when I had to do this or that or when I was faced with a difficult situation etc.
3. The final interview took place in London and it took a few hours. First a presentation on the company and the department in particular was given which was followed by a small test. One part of it was to write an Email in German and in English to a fake customer whose account was being deleted. The test took about 45 minutes. After this I was interviewed by three different people from the department. Questions were again mainly focused on situations I was in and how I handled them.

Interview Question – They give you a preliminary idea of what kind of questions will be asked. So I did not had any surprising questions. Like I mentioned before a lot of them asked me to tell them about a time when I ,e.g. had a difficult situation with a customer and how I solved it. Another one was if there was ever a time where I had started a project and someonelse came by and told me to do it differently and how I handled this particular situation.   Answer Question

Associate Partner Manager Interview

Associate Partner Manager
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Interview Details 1. CV/cover letter. 2. SHL numerical/verbal. 3. Telephone interview - 30 minute CV questions and 2 competencies, then 15 minute role play. Felt I did quite badly, but still progressed. Just prepare by looking on the website for the information you need, and anticipate problems. Two competencies were really in depth.

4. 4 back to back 45 minute interviews. 30 minutes competencies and 15 minutes role play. Honestly, the role play is REALLY easy. I only "messed up" by not completely clarifying my position on one of them - e.g. pick one because lower price point, may increase competition, influence dominant seller to reduce prices further etc, and misreading a column on one, which I was then corrected on. Take away - there is a right answer for each one imo even thought you're told there isn't. And it's easy, so just prepare by understanding each of the services offered.

The competencies I think are really based on their leadership principles. When have you made a mistake, improved processes in a team etc. I looked on glassdoor beforehand and saw someone say this, but I prepared more for competencies for the role, rather than leadership principles.

The HR at Amazon are the best and most efficient I have come across interviewing for companies. You get news on every stage each day. Apply, next day invite for tests, next day, invite for interview etc. AND although I didn't get an offer in the end, someone had the balls to call me up and give me feedback, which I really appreciate.

Feedback was good on most of it, good on customer obsession and very analytical, but they felt I didn't go into depth enough with some of the competencies and also weren't sure I was motivated enough for the role (which is odd because I really was!)

My opinion was that actually one of the interviewers didn't like me much, or rather wasn't completely happy with my competencies. I actually think the other 3 liked me. Possibly it was 50/50 for one of them, but I'm pretty sure one of them vetoed my app. The interviewers were all really good, and pushed you for answers; sometimes deliberately aggressively, I think to test how you act under pressure/deal with objections.

I have to say though the competency questions are ridiculous, and all they do is encourage liars. These so called competency based questions, are largely regarded as useless, when considering if someone is either competent or fits in with the organisations culture. I actually do think I was a good candidate and would have been a good fit, but I agree with the feedback that I wasn't exactly great with the competencies, despite the fact I had good and relevant experience. I have gotten through on competency based interviews before, and I've gotten offers on how confidently I can embellish past experiences to the point of near deception - and I'm someone with years of work experience, so I hate to think what the average fresh out of uni grad is doing!

Interview Question – The interviewer who didn't like me was probing one of my competencies, asking me silly questions about how I handle things in my role I have nothing to do with...and wouldn't accept that it wasn't part of my role at all...which was odd...!   Answer Question

Associate Partner Manager Interview

Associate Partner Manager
London, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Amazon.com in May 2014.

Interview Details There were 4 separate interviews with 4 interviewers (as explained in email).

The structure of each is competency questions first then a case study. The formers are the usual questions, nothing too surprising whereas the latter is, imo, what determines who gets hired. I think they are looking for people who are especially analytical. One of the questions was something like what data would you use if Amazon were to add a new category.

Interview Question – Out of all of the below sellers which one would you choose to promote (be the recommended seller)   Answer Question

Project Specialist Interview

Project Specialist
Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2010.

Interview Details 2 interviews, I was already working at Amazon at the time. Make sure you research the company, its values, and being well prepared is absolute key - you can't afford to be taken by surprise by some question or other.

Interview Question – What would you change in the processes Amazon apply?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What negotiation? Frugality is real, it's a case of take it or leave it.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Edinburgh, Scotland

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Phone interview was included mostly high-level questions. Interviewer was pleasant and asked straight-forward questions. The on-site interview is a difficult but manageable. Went through several interviews with lunch in between. Mainly technical questions except for one interview that asked some business-related questions.

Interview Question – Problem faced with past project.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Process took 3 weeks, in final interview stage now!
First interview was basically background check and CV run through.
Unexpectedly, during that first interview I was asked to talk about my CV in French since I listed it as one of the languages I can speak.

Interview Question – Why did you apply to this role?   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details The interviewers all asked questions that were very similar and these are mainly competency based questions. Not too difficult but it would be worthwhile having a few examples prepared. For example "What has been your biggest challenge at work and how did you overcome it?" and "Tell us about an experience where you made a mistake and how did you handle it and what steps did you put into place to corrected it?"

Interview Question – I wasn't thrown by any of the questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!