Amazon.com

4,137 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details The interviewers all asked questions that were very similar and these are mainly competency based questions. Not too difficult but it would be worthwhile having a few examples prepared. For example "What has been your biggest challenge at work and how did you overcome it?" and "Tell us about an experience where you made a mistake and how did you handle it and what steps did you put into place to corrected it?"

Interview Question – I wasn't thrown by any of the questions.   Answer Question

Vendor Manager Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in February 2014.

Interview Details 3 interviews

Interview Question – What is your biggest achievement?
Give me an example where you had to use negotiating skills?
  Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details The phone is interview was quite straight forward and nothing too difficult. However, the assessment center required to show different skills. I got a very unprofessional and unpleasant interviewer. On top of that they never called to let candidates know about the results. Had to email and call to find out 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – Repeating the question 3 times to make you feel uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied on their website in November. Had no response until February, when a recruiter contacted me, sending me a link to a Codility test (which was quite difficult). A week after I submitted the test, the recruiter called me to let me know that I passed the test and that they are inviting me to an onsite interview. The interview was difficult, but straightforward. The interviewer was very nice, and gave me hints when I felt that I was stuck.

Interview Question – The technical problem wasn't something very difficult at first sight, but the trick was finding out the most efficient solution, which involved using tries. This solution was not implementable in 45 minutes, so the interviewer asked me to implement a specific part from the solution. There were very few behavioural questions, and nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details After completing a written exercise, I was invited for a telephone interview. The interview wasn't too difficult. There were few questions about my degree and my experience with teamwork.

Interview Question – Tell me when you improved a product, despite you were receiving a positive feedback from customers.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I arrived at was shoved in the deli for the first of four 45 min interviews. Be prepared to feel like a bit of numnut whilst you are dressed in a suit and everyone else is in dress down. The guy that came to collect me was twenty minutes late, saying that reception hadnt informed him that I was here. The interview consisted of the four interviewers bombarding me with competency based questions designed around their leadership principles. They said to me on numerous occasions - oh it is not a job where you get much recognition and sometimes you will only be spoken to if you get something wrong. Nice. They are not interested in you as a person at all.

Interview Question – The interviewers all wanted different examples to questions that were very similar. After the first two interviews - you are naturally bored of answering competency based questions,   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I took an alternative position that I was much more suited to.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

Interview Details A codility online coding test, one phone interview with an engineer and a full day of five interviews with various people from the office. I was also taken to lunch with an engineer not in the interview loop. The difficulty varied from interview to interview but in all cases, the interviewers were professional and courteous.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details Recruiter reached out at the end of November asking to schedule 2 back to back interviews which we set up for the next week. Exactly 2 weeks later (almost to the minute) the recruiter replied with an offer. We set up a phone call to discuss the details of the offer a week later and after that I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1: Started with basic cv chit-chat and discussing projects. Was asked general information (complexity and high level implementation) about data structures you'd expect to find in standard libraries. Continued on to a super simple coding question that was something like reversing a string in place. Then had a longer coding question that was a variant on the subtree sum problem and could be made to run in O(n) time with some preprocessing. Overall not particularly difficult.   Answer Question
  • Interview 2: Like the first interview this one started with basic cv questions and a simple coding question. Then moved onto a longer question that was basically weighted graph search but the edge weights were dynamic. Harder than the first interview but still not too difficult compared to other companies. I'd say about similar in difficulty to google but easier than palantir.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I don't think internship offers are negotiable but in any case the offer was much higher than I'd expected.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2013.

Interview Details focus in the company and its values, be prepared to link your experience to amazon leadership principles, search for amazon FCs on youtube, and contacto people on current positions from linkedin

Interview Question – be prepared to work in a fast pace environment....it is amazing!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – little room for negotiation.....get pieces of advice before heading to it

Account Manager (Amazon Associate) Interview

Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2014.

Interview Details 2 phone interviews

I had the first interview with the hiring manager: it was very structured and I was prepared for most of the questions. I really appreciated that the interviewer gave me time at the end for questions (and I had loads), which means that we spent more time than expected. The second interview was with the EU business development manager and the questions were naturally focused on business development. Though it is tough to judge from a person over the phone, I found the interviewer tired (the interview was after 6pm UK time so 7pm EU time) and this reflected in his voice, but what was even more surprising was that he clearly yawned while I was answering to one of his questions. Ok I have not been convincing enough as I did not pass this stage, but I find it truly unrespectful to yawn over the phone while someone is talking to you - he could have at least put the phone away or something.

On the positive note, I think it was a great experience to have a concrete preview of the company's culture, people, interview style etc...

Interview Question – What is the most important thing to recruit a new publisher/client?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com Videos

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com interview questions and advice. All 4,137 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees and interview candidates.