Amazon.com Interview Questions

4,885 Interview Reviews

3.3

Marketing Manager/London Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2014.

First two stages over the phone fairly easy, people friendly but a lot of similar questions about data analysis etc. Before the third stage you need to complete numerical and verbal tests which are very difficult given the available time. My third stage interview, scheduled weeks in advance, has been cancelled on the evening before the actual day via email, only saying that the role has been put on hold, so I simply wasted one day off and all the time I spent on preparation.

Interview Questions
    • How did you use the data analysis in the past to enhance customer experience?   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Whole process was across 2 months. 2 phone calls, 2 weeks apart. And then an in house multi interview session, total of 5 people, across 5hrs.

All behavioural questions as many have stated here. Very predictable in that sense - and GD proved to be a valuable resource. None of these questions were repeated except in a generalised manner, so not sure how they can determine discrepancies. Nothing out of the ordinary really though and not alot of deep diving; which is what I had prepared for.

There wasn't much particular interest in what I wanted to achieve as opposed to what they were expecting from me. I relate that to the idea that you must always be mindful to 'interview' them. I didn't feel as inspired as anticipated and with hindsight that probably didn't reflect well.

Overall, I have to say I didn't get a tremendous amount of zeal or excitement from the individuals I met.

They pride them selves on the 'unique' interview style - it was pretty intense but not too exhausting. I attempted to have enough questions to ask...and asking the same question of different people was interesting.

Of course, I thought that I was perfectly qualified and the right type of person - they told me as much. But I was rejected. Go figure.

E-Commerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2014.

Interview process at Amazon typically involves a number of telephone interviews, one or two online assessments, followed by an on-site loop focusing on competency-based questions where the interviewer is looking for detailed examples of projects you've worked on previously, with a view to identifying whether or not you behave in a way that is consistent with the Amazon leadership principles.

Interview Questions
    • People say the simplest solution is often the best. Can you give me an example of a time where you solved a complex problem with a simple solution?   Answer Question
    Internal offer; no negotiation possible

Investigation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Two easy phone calls, online language tests which included quite complex terminology. Face to face interview lasting the whole day with 3 or 4 people from within the company in a row. Expect a competency based interview based on the Amazon principles. They will literally ask you to provide worklife examples about EVERY SINGLE ONE of the principles, even if you are a graduate.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a difficult colleague? Tell me about one time when you made a mistake at work and how you fixed it.   View Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

Applied though Amazon website, I was contacted by the recruiter at Amazon who arranged a telephonic interview. Two telephonic interviews one with Software Development Manager and other with Software Engineer.

First telephonic interview was generally around my past experience both technical and behavioral mostly "tell me about the time questions.." questions. I was asked about a project I was really proud of and high level architecture of the project. I took the Situation Action Response approach for all my answers. Keeping in the leadership principles in mind and focusing on them in my answer's. I asked a few times if I needed to go into details (I was ignored) I believe they have a set of questions and they just run through them.

Second round of interview was scheduled with Senior Software Development Manager but instead a Software Engineer called - so it turned out to be a technical interview - again it was mainly on the architecture of my current project and than follow up questions on why we are doing things in certain way I did reply to all of his questions when it was 3 mins remaining he asked me to write a code to implement a stack. I took time here as I wrote the sudo code (dint need it but I dint want to spoil it for me), I told him I am writing the sudo code first. I wrote the code and read it out I believe he was happy with it. I apologized we over ran the allocated time. The guy who called me sounded really cool and relaxed. His questions were impressive.

It took about a week for them to let me know the answer in each instance I did follow up after a week. I don't really get the reason for rejection. I have emailed the recruiter but I don't think they will reply. The whole 2 interview took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I did not think any questions were difficult everything was common sense. Below are some questions I was asked.
      1) Tell me about a project that you are proud of
      2) What matrix did you use to determine the success?
      3) Tell me about instances where you had most difficult time with people management.
      4) How did you work with a low performer with was the outcome?
      5) Did you have to fire anyone?
      6) What are the disadvantages of Agile?
      7) What is the high level architecture of your current project?
      8) Have you implemented a project from scratch how did it go? High level architecture.
      9) Implement stack in any language.
        Answer Question

Associate Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

First had a 45 minute phone interview with a case study. Then I had 5 30-45 minute long interviews at the head office. I felt like this was quite excessive. Prior to applying I had quite high standards towards Amazon, however in these face to face interview I was not impressed by all the managers I met. Some of them seemed cold and were not the easiest to understand. Also I found most did not seem super positive about amazon.

I then did not receive an offer for that role, but they made it seem like I had received an offer for a short term project role during the initial phone call. The HR team set up a meeting with the manager of the project and I was told prior to the phone call it was just an informational call to see if I was interested. However when I got the phone call it was a phone interview which I was not expecting, as I thought it was up to me to accept the role. I was then brought in for another face to face interview with two people and once again although these interviewers were nicer, I still did not feel like they were super proud about Amazon.

All in all, my opinion of Amazon as a company has changed throughout this process. I was not impressed by the people I met. I do think that the employees in the London office are a step down from their American counterparts which is quite sad for me. One of my feedbacks was that appartenly my communication responses were jumbled however I found roughly 4-5 of my interviewers (out of 7) had very similar styles and did not have the standard of communication that I would expect from the managers of the teams.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2014.

I applied online the process took several months. There were to rounds of phone interviews followed by an on-site, full-day interview.

The interviewers on the phone were both chilled out and helpful.
    They asked some basic computer science related questions that I cannot recall but it wasn't hard.

Both phone interviews had one coding task as it's main part which I had to conduct on the fly through a website that provided real-time visibility of my code to the interviewers.

The first one they assessed if I'm capable of applying the OO design principles and made me implement a card shuffler.

On the second phone interview I had to implement a function which returns the string versions of numbers in English, e.g. 11 => eleven.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, they don't ask framework or language specific stuff which was a big relief.   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

This was a series of two phone interviews followed by four back to back interviews in person. The questions were really structured and all competency based around adherence towards their leadership principles. You so get the same questions asked quite a few times but you should still make sure you come armed with dozens of examples that have numbers behind them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you used data to make a decision.   Answer Question

MBA Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2014.

CV and cover letter submission followed by online maths test (v quick time limit). Two 30 minute interviews in round one and then three interviews in round two. All competence-based questions. Ended without the interviewer really getting to know anything about the interviewee. Interviewers current Amazon employees (not HR).

Interview Questions
    • When did you use deep data analysis to solve a problem   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com.

had first quick phone interview with a polite recruiter then a second telephone interview was arranged. Interviewer was unfriendly and did not try to build a rapport at all. I'm grateful that I've not been invited for one to one interviews based on my experience as well as many other reviews. not worth your time and preparation

Interview Questions
    • questions were not difficult but not clearly presented   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!