Amazon.com

4,139 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Strategic Partnerships Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details I was approached by a recruitment consultant initially had a phone interview with her, followed by math and logic tests, a phone interview with head of department and another phone interview with the European lead. I was then told that there will be another 5-7 face-to-face interviews. I waited for over two months for the next interview date and finally withdraw my application.

The two interviews I had were quite uninspiring and unenthusiastic. Both gentlemen talked about Amazon's growth and the huge opportunities but sighed whilst talking about big publishers and their challenges.

I also asked if they could clarify their interview process as I was close to receiving offers from a couple of other companies. My interviewers response was that they didn't really had a fix process and they were not going to rush or speed up the process for my sake. As preferred to take their time and have choices for the position rather than going with the first good person they come across.

Interview Question – What do I see as the main challenges of the role? Have I ever dealt with difficult clients? Not really difficult.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in January 2010.

Interview Details I had 8 interviews, starting with the phne screens with the recruiter. Then a whole day in the office, asked multiple similar questions. Competency based.

Interview Question – Thinking of fresh examples was difficicult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tough negotiation phase so I gave up.

Graduate Finance Interview

Assessment Day

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Software Intern Interview

London, England

I interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details Applied for an internship at the Amazon Development Centre in London. Was sent an interesting technical test which I could complete in my own time - this was fairly simple but required some thought and I guess was also designed to test coding style etc.

After sending the code via email, they gave me an onsite interview in which we discussed the company briefly and then went straight into a whiteboarding problem involving the game Go, with a free choice of programming language (I chose Java).

I was quite nervous and this was my first experience of writing code on a whiteboard. I think they could see that I was not particularly confident in my solution (which I believe did work in the end), and that I took too long to progress.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly unexpected, the problem was around the right level, just lacked experience and confidence   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2013.

Interview Details Was invited for a telephone interview after being referred by an employee. The 45-min interview was largely competency based and it seemed the interviewer was given a long form to fill out within the time rather than conduct a conversation. The interviewer fired a torrid of questions without caring to dwell on the responses.

Interview Question – Biggest professional failure   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

Interview Details applied on the end of September 2013, Got screening call on the mid of October, got telephone interview after several days. need to answer competency questions and carry on a role play as a account executive

Interview Question – what do you analysis skill you used in SPSS when you carried on the research?   Answer Question

Software Developer Engineer In Tests Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in September 2013.

Interview Details Contacted by a talent sourcer who found my profile in LinkedIn.

I had 4 phone interviews including 2 technical phone screeners.
Then I was invited to London for 5 face to face interviews.

phone coding questions :
1 - Write a function that takes an integer N and returns the Nth number of a Fibonacci suite.
2 - Given a list of Integer. Write a function that takes an integer and returns all the pair of integers included in the given list that sum up with this integer.

Face to face coding questions :
1 - Write a function that takes an integer and return a string of this integer in Roman number format.
2 - Go game. Write a function that takes a position (x,y) in a go game graph and returns a boolean telling if this position contains a white or black piece and if this piece is trapped or not.

On each question I was asked to write the tests for my code.

The recruiter gave me a complete feedback for all the interviews and the whole process, so this experience was very positive and I could know that I was very close to get an offer as some interviewers were very positive (they found I had "excellent testing skills").

There was a huge gap between the phone questions and the face to face questions (Especially the go game question) : for the go game question, the time was really short (< 30mn), I could draw the main algorithm and show that with few minutes more, I could get to a smart working code (recurrent call on each neighbors), but the interviewer expected me to go directly to the solution, he was very nervous and not helpful….

I am still wondering why they did quite easy questions on the phoning interviews, invited me to london to ask very difficult questions (almost impossible without knowing the solution by heart), it would probably be more economic to switch (difficult questions on the phone….).
It seems that it's depending on the interviewers, so luck as an important role (as interviewers can be more or less cool).

However, it was a very interesting experience and I'm very grateful to amazon and my recruiter.

Interview Question – Write a function that takes a position (x,y) in a go game graph and returns a boolean telling if this position contains a white or black piece and if this piece is trapped or not.   View Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Lots of short interviews with structured questions based on when you have demonstrated behaviours outlined in their management principles

Interview Question – All pretty reasonable if you check up on the principles first   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Amazon.com in October 2013.

Interview Details A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and suggested I put in an application for a job listed on their site. I did so and in a few days received an invite to take an online pre-test. After reading about some of the other marketing interviews, I made sure to brush up on PMP ideas and Amazon's marketing principles. I signed in to Kinexa (the test taking service) and the test was all high level, multi-step business math (net yearly profit, percentage of gross, etc. - not analytics, marketing probability, etc.)! I do think the ability to deal with intricate math problems is important in any management job, but I truly cannot imagine how any of the problems presented in this test were relevant at all to the position. It was a twenty minute timed test, with twenty questions, I got through about half of them. I think I did quite well for something so unexpected, but was not put forward for a phone interview.

After being so confounded by the test and reading the reviews for the Slough office, I'm pretty happy to not have to choose between a great resume builder or what sounds like a terrible work environment.

Interview Question – Using the supplied graph, how much of X company's net profits came from the engineering department in 2004?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details The interview process goes - 1) cv & cover letter 2) quick phone interview - why the job / why us. 3) longer phone interview -competency & role play. 4) online numerical & verbal tests 5) finally is an in house assessment day - this consists of 5 interviews and 4 case studies

Each interview on the assessment day will last 45 mins with the case studies lasting 15 mins

Whole process lasts about 2-3 weeks

Interview Question – Pricing strategy for amazon prime (case study)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they just tell you what you're going to get paid. Its well above the average.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com