Amazon.com

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details The interview process begins after the HR contacts you for the first round of interview which is a telephonic one and is generally taken by a Sr Mgr there. The interview lasts for 1 hr where in they mainly ask competency based questions. There were a few technical questions relating to the stream you are applying for, but mainly competency based.

Interview Question – Explain the most difficult manager you have dealt with.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Process was of three interviews ... I was interviewed for two roles between the first and the last interview. I asked the company to ensure that the notes of my answers to the questions asked in the previous interviews were communicated to the next interviewers because I was told by the company that it has a list of competency questions that its interviewers go through. By my logic, they would have checked off the questions that were already asked so they are not repeated three times. Didn't happen. Wasted my time really and they clearly were not up to date on current thoughts in handling data.

Interview Question – Boringly the usual type of questions were asked e.g. describe a time you failed at work, or describe the most difficult situation you faced at work etc. so nothing really original or surprising. My the third interview I had had enough. My recommendation is to look up standard interview questions (read first Amazon's approach to customer service as they are very into customer service).   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2013.

Interview Details I applied on internet.
A few days after, they sent me a program to write.
The program was not very difficult. But what they wanted was a program which could be very fast with a huge amounts of data.
The program:
I had a file representing a binary tree. In the file, it was coded like that:
B,C
NULL,B
C,A
...
Null meant that B was the main uppest node.
Then, C was the son of B and A the son of C.
The program took a depth and the file in input and should give the node which were at this depth in alphabetical order.

After that, I received a notification to go in London.
I was in front of two ingeneers of Amazon and it was technical questions.
The question was not difficult but I misunderstood the question bacause of my english and so I lost a lot of time.

Interview Question – The question was to fin the number of time an array was schifted.
For example:
[1 2 3 4 5 ] is 0 because it is in order
[7 5 6] is 1 because it should be [5 6 7]
[7 8 9 2] is 1 too.
  View Answer

Internet Fraud Investigator (Spanish and Italian) Interview

Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied online - interviewed at Amazon.com in April 2013.

Interview Details Process started with an online application involving a few generic questions, such as why Amazon. I also had to upload my CV.

A few weeks later, I received a phone call from one of their recruiters. The conversation was fairly casual and it was mainly just to assess whether I had a genuine interest in the company and whether I was suitable to be invited for a telephone interview. The lady I spoke to was very friendly and she also provided further details about the job and gave me a chance to assess whether I felt this was something I would seriously pursue for my career.

I then received an email inviting me to take part in the telephone interview. I was called on the agreed time and the interview mainly competency based. I would seriously recommend knowing the Amazon leadership principles inside out, because that's what they'll mainly assess you against.

A few days later, I was invited to their office in Slough. The day consisted of three interviews with three different members of staff. All of these were again, competency based. For the last part of the day, I had to do two language tests, one for Spanish and one for Italian.

Interview Question – The language tests were quite challenging, as most of it involved translating from English, but the language register used is very formal and tied to contractual and legal contexts. Needless to say, you won't be allowed to use dictionaries.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2012.

Interview Details Was placed in an interview by a job agency that I was working with. I had relevant experience and a strong educational background. Had 1 telephone interview with a particularly unenthusiastic manager. Asked basic questions about myself and described the job itself.

Interview Question – Why in particular do you want to work for Amazon?   Answer Question

Vendor Manager Interview

Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details 4 telephone interviews initially with HR and then with Senior Vendor Managers.
Online verbal reasoning and maths test followed by 4 face to face inerviews

Interview Question – When did a project you were working on fail because of you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details There was an one hour phone interview asking about basic programming algorithm and computer science fundamental knowledge. Not difficult. They also asked about UNIX experience.

Interview Question – How to find a string in a large file storage   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details Started with 3 online programming questions. Not difficult. But I didn't do well. But they still let me pass. Then there is an one hour phone interview. asking about basic programming algorithm and computer science fundamental knowledge. Not difficult. Just need to be calm and think carefully. I was a bit too nervous.

Interview Question – how to design a calendar.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details I had two 45 minute interview. Both of them were very technical and asked me multiple technical questions. I received the job offer around 10 days later.

Interview Question – How would you find the second largest integer in an unsorted array? Write the code.   View Answer

Amazon Local Sales Interview

Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2013.

Interview Details 3 phone screenings. 1st with HR, 2nd with Senior Manager, 3rd with Senior Manager
Last stage face to face consisting of 4 separate interviews with 3 senior and 1 junior team member over 4 hours (approx 1 hour each).

Interview Question – There were so many really silly questions that I could not have fully prepared for in a million years. One of my favourites was 'When was the last time you asked 'why' 5 times? So, er, exactly 5?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Amazon.com