Amazon.com

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Amazon.com

Interview Details You need a good resume to begin with. Be prepared for a first couple of rounds of telephonic interviews and several face to face thereafter. On the day of face to face be mentally and physically prepared for the long day. Questions are behavioral and based on leadership principles of the company.

Very Difficult Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through another source - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2013.

Interview Details Initial phone screening followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. During the onsite interview, the HR recruiter greeted me, followed by back to back interviews with 2 interviews, then lunch interview with hiring manager, then another 2 interviews. Each interview was intense with all behavioral questions.

Interview Question – All the questions were behavioral...tell me about a time when....   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Amazon.com.

Interview Details two phone interviews from two different teams.

Interview Question – nothing really, not sure what they wanted, but the questions were normal.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in July 2011.

Interview Details Hiring process in Amazon in very strong. There are almost 9 rounds for each level. 3 telephonic and 5-6 onsite

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com in November 2012.

Interview Details Process started with a recruiter coordinating a phone interview to screen. First call was basic with information about background on the company and the specifics of the team the position was for with a second level manager from within AWS. Second interview was setup days later with a technical team member to review technical depth of each candidate.

Great discussion and good communication throughout the process. Interview for the managers is technical after the first introduction so if you aren't a 'coding' manager or have some recent experience it may be a struggle for you.

Interview Question – First interview questions were on background and experience. (Real basic questions just getting to know you) Second interview was around fibbonacci sequence and how to develop code to compute. Last was around differences between basic data structures in object oriented languages.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Different position that I thought I was applying for. (Front line manager and was expecting more of a director level from the description). Good organization and strong spirit of innovation and technical contribution.

Very Easy Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2012.

Interview Details was contacted for a phone interview, after submitting my application through LinkedIn.

The interviewer was from a technical background, and asked me some coding questions right from the beginning. I'm not a coder, so I didn't answer them well.

I also received a few social media related questions, but the interview was more heavy on the technical side.

Negotiation Details – Sure was,

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Amazon.com in March 2012.

Interview Details very long interview process

Interview Question – Reason to setup a work location   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – work profile

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2010.

Interview Details initial phone interview tests problem solving skills. more problem solving skills ensue with specific technical focus. once phone screens are cleared, on-site interviews gauge candidate against core leadership principles of the company. for technical interviews, deep technical questions (think yegge).

Interview Question – you are designing an elevator system. describe how and what you would design.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Amazon.com in June 2010.

Interview Details The interview process at Amazon is intense. For multiple management roles, I've had 7-8 interviews each time. My experiences with the people has always been positive. I've been welcomed and interviewers have been engaged and interested during the process. The questions are tough and the expectations are very high. Be prepared to get outside your comfort zone in the interviews. I appreciate that the interviews push you beyond your norm as that's what working at Amazon is like.

Interview Question – One interviewer drew on the dry erase board and had me work through various puzzles. He wanted to see my thought process and how I work through challenging situations - was I able to think outside the box, come up with viable solutions, etc.   Answer Question

Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Amazon.com in August 2011.

Interview Details Interview consisted of two phone interviews and three one on one interviews. Interview consisted of writing a two page paper on two different topics. A two panel interviews: first working though math problem and then changes to the math problem in the interview process. Then interview consisted of answering behavioral interview questions and then being allowed to ask questions. Still waiting on response from interview process

Interview Question – why do you want to work for Amazon?   Answer Question

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!