AmeriCorps

58 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

The process took 6 months - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview Details Filled out my application on myamericorps.gov for a Corps Member position. It takes a very long time for your application to be processed and your status to be updated. I was constantly calling the hotline to see if there were any updates but it simply takes awhile. I was accepted to be a Corps Member but then a month or so later got an email asking if I was interested in being a Team Leader for FEMA Corps and I called in to tell them that I was. I had a hour long interview on the phone with two of the unit leaders and they asked a lot of behavioral questions and personality questions. After that I had to complete two essays regarding civic engagement and leadership.

Interview Question – What would you do if two members of your team were in a relationship and it made other members of the team uncomfortable?   Answer Question

ICH Life Skills Coach Interview

ICH Life Skills Coach

I applied online and interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview Details straitforward. Phone then in person with AmeriCorp hiring person and then with the person who will be their direct supervisor at your specific position. They ask pretty standard questions. Nothing unexpected. They are very nice when you do the interview and seem genuinely interested in what you want to get out of the experience.

Negotiation Details – none. If you accept AmeriCorp you only get what they say they will pay you

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

AmeriCorps VISTA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview Details Hiring process is done via the AmeriCorp website but depends on where and what the position is interviewing for. You must be accepted by the AmeriCorps Vista program and by the agency your will be working out of.

Interview Question – How can you help fix the problems of this site/why would you be an asset.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase

Very Easy Interview

AmeriCorps NCCC Interview

AmeriCorps NCCC
Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview Details The AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps Interview process is painful. I applied in February, did not hear anything until April, did not have my interview until June, and did not find out if I had been accepted until late August, when the program started in October. The process is definitely worth the wait as the program is great, however it puts your life on hold if you are trying to figure out what you're going to do.

Interview Question – There weren't really any questions other than what you were willing to do for service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Interviewed at AmeriCorps

Interview Details It's a frustrating process full of confusion and quick deadlines. There is no real interview process, at least for Corps Members. You submit your application, and then you wait for them to review your provided information and run some background checks. Figuring out where you are in the process is obnoxious, but it took only a month start to finish to hear a final yes. Also, the final yes is still conditional upon your completion of paperwork every 10 days.

AmeriCorps VISTA Interview

AmeriCorps VISTA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AmeriCorps in April 2014.

Interview Details applied to americorps online, sent in resume to listed contact on americorps website just to be safe, received phone interview next day from a woman different than the listed contact, scheduled interview for later that week. Was supposed to find out three days later yes or no and never heard back...

Interview Question – How do you handle change?   Answer Question

AmeriCorps Member

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AmeriCorps.

Interview Details Apply through the online portal. Pro of this was that your application could be sent up to 20 times to organizations that you were interested in. Con is that the website is difficult to navigate. The interview was given from the American Red Cross Regional Chapter that I applied to. It was a standard interview, knowledge of Red Cross, knowledge of Region, knowledge of job description and how your skills match.

Interview Question – They asked what you believe you might do for your Americorps special project.   View Answer

Citizen Corps Coordinator Interview

Citizen Corps Coordinator

Interviewed at AmeriCorps

Interview Details I'm pretty sure I just submitted an application online and was quickly called in for a face-to-face interview. I did the interview, and was hired that day. I think it's because no one else wanted to do the job.

City Year Corps Member Interview

City Year Corps Member
New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at AmeriCorps in July 2013.

Interview Details I had two phone interviews. They asked about strengths, weaknesses, and significant achievements in your life. They also asked about any experience I have had with children.

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at AmeriCorps in April 2013.

Interview Details Submit application online. Apply to up-to 20 employers.

Interview Question – Can you move here and live on $12k?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at AmeriCorps

Worked for AmeriCorps? Contribute to the Community!