American Airlines

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Aircraft Mechanic
Tulsa, OK (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at American Airlines in March 2010.

Interview Details ask me question about my experience in the military what I worked on at General telephone and my family

Interview Question – If I would be willing to relocate   View Answer

Negotiation Details – my start pay was 9.00 dollars

Aircraft Mechanic
Jamaica, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Airlines in February 2013.

Interview Details Internal application. After completing several Questionnaires online from Talent services I finally got a call to fly up to JFK for interview. The Interview was One-on One and was about 9 Questions. They were all situational questions pertaining to a scenario i have encountered and how i solved it and what i learned from it. Part two was a practical test which involved a Safety wire between 3 bolts , Setting a torque wrench and about six questions on different system schematics! Overall Not bad at all.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you encountered a barrier between you and another employee! (Language, ethnicity, experience etc)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. Contract pay scale

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview Details Very simple years ago dont know how it is now

Negotiation Details – none

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Airlines

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Airlines Aircraft Mechanic interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by American Airlines employees and interview candidates.