American Airlines Customer Service Manager Interview Questions

Updated 8 Nov 2014
Updated 8 Nov 2014

1.8

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (Arlington, VA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within a week of applying. It just so happened that I was heading to the city at which I applied and the scheduled the interview to correspond with when I was coming to town. It has now been almost four months and have not heard back. I was told that I would hear either way.

Interview Questions

• Basic Star interview with some airline specific questions thrown in.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines (John F Kennedy Airport, NY (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

It took two months to get called in for the interview from the time I applied. The interview with was by far the worst and most unprofessional interview I've ever attended. First, the position was incorrectly labeled, it should have been labeled as Ramp Manager not Customer Service Manager. Second, I was interviewed in front of two other candidates at the same time, the interviewers never had a chance to really get to know each candidate on a personal level and find out what each individual had to offer and what they are actually bringing into the company from their education and past experience. Third, the interview questions were so irrelevant pertaining to the position I applied for that It was obvious they obtained these questions by Googling "HR Interview questions". Fourth, they even told us during the interview that our jobs weren't guaranteed due to the merger with US Air and the restructuring. Now I'm really not surprised why they filed for bankruptcy.

Interview Questions

• Please provide me an experience or situation in your previous union job where an employee was terminated due to company theft.   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

1st Interview process consisted of a 3 manager interview panel with 4 interview candidates. The questions were pretty simply, normal experience based questions or scenario based questions on your past experiences. Nothing to scary. However, because there were 3 other interviewees there was some piggy backing on responses. The plus to this is that it provided additional time to think of an answer. Took about 2 hours. 2nd interview was with Director and very informal.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Panel interview process with the other job applicants sitting next to you listening to your answers so that they can say something better than your answer. They all seem to know each other, they spend time talking about the cities they worked in and who the know, ignoring qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• Lots of "how would you handle" questions that have nothing to do with the job function. Lesson is listen to what the person next to you says, and make it sound better.   Answer Question