American Airlines Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in June 2009.

Round 1: (45 Mins)

There was a 1-on-1 competency and skills based interview. It was with the hiring manager. Most of the questions were from the CV and the interviewer wanted to get an indepth look at what I had done and to what level. It was interspersed with questions and interest linked to the Airline Industry.

Round 2: (Full day assessment center)

Total 6 interviews with all senior managers of the team. One interview was a written case study.

Interview Questions
    • How many softdrink cans does an Airline sell in a year?   Answer Question
    Tough negotiation but i manager to increase the joining bonus.

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

August 4, 2014 -
    Applied

August 6, 2014 -
    Received a email to do a video interview and you only have 5 days to do it and a phone regarding the email.

August 8, 2014 -
    Did the video interview looking at myself while answering the question.
    5 question, 3 minutes to answer each question, and a minute to think of each question before they start to record you.
       1st question: Please tell me what has it attractive you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about the employee culture.
       2nd question: Please tell me where did you gain your customer experience.
       3rd question: Please tell me about a time that you received outstanding customer services and what made it memorable.
       4th question: Please tell me what customer services you possess that would make you you a perfect candidate for the American Airlines Flight Attendant position.
       5th question: Please tell me about a difficulty team experience and what made it challenging.
    (dress like your going to a live interview, and be careful about your background surrounding and noises)

August 11, 2014-
    Received a email to update the online application.

September 12, 2014-
    Received a email congratulating me on passing the first process and inviting me to call a 1-800 number to schedule a face to face interview.
    Called back the number the same day and schedule me to fly in late October.

September 18, 2014-
    Received a email regarding my Flight Itinerary.

So now im waiting to fly there.

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Applied Online 10/1/2014
    Video InterviwRequested and Completed: 10/13/2014
    Feel great about my video interview! Hope for f2f invite soon! I am so excited for the opportunity. I really want this! The best advice I can give you is to BREATHE and take your time, Use your test video time to practoce answering some common questions you may think you'll hear. Be natural, show personality, but remember its a first impression. Free tip: Wear a watch, especially f2f.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical and all over forums. I felt prepared based on my research and was thankful for the questions i received!   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

They will post a position on aa.com or internal career system. You applied for the job. They invite you for interview if you are selected. You go for the first interview and if they are interested in you further they call you for a second interview. If you make it then they offer you the position and the pay. You have a chance to negotiate for pay at that time if you are not satisfied with the first offer.

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions and mostly generic for the field. It is mostly scenarion question.   Answer Question
    Nogotiate for salary was bureacratic. Someone has to talk to someone higer to get a feedback in days, weeks, or months. I

Flight Attendant Interview

Online interview: this interview is not with a real person, which feels a bit awkward. There are six total questions. You are given one minute to prepare after each question, then you must record your answer. Dress well, pull your hair back, smile a lot!

F2F: You are always being watched! You should dress like a flight attendant, but more importantly act like one. When you arrive, be friendly and chat with your fellow applicants (they're fun to talk to, anyway). You will do a group ice breaker which will force you to discuss similarities / differences between yourself and your fellow applicants and present the findings to the entire interview class. Follow directions and be courteous. This is followed by a group interview. Make sure you don't answer the question last when given the option. If you make it to the fingerprinting / 1-on-1 interview stage, congrats - you're probably going to get a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2013.

1 - Applied.
    2 - Was given the personality test.
    3 - Email to take automated telephone interview (6 Q’s w/ only 3 mins to answer).
    4 - Completed the automated telephone interview.
    - Q1: What aspects of being a FA do you think would be the most difficult or different from other customer service jobs?
    - Q2: AA bases are located in large metropolitan areas, tell me about your experience moving and living in a new city?
    - Q3: You are approached by an elderly woman who has just gotten off a flight. She is very upset because her flight was late and she has to get to her daughter's wedding tomorrow. She wants to know why her flight was late and when the next available flight to FLL is. She also wants to know about her luggage because it contains her husbands medications.
    Q4: Tell me about a time when you had to handle a situation that would normally be dealt with by a supervisor but there were none available. Describe the details and outcome.
    - Q5: Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.
    - Q6: What excited you about working for AA?
    5 - Received call on successfully completing the automated interview also to schedule interview in DFW (aka F2F).
    6 - Email to complete Online Application Form.
    7 - Assessment Day or "F2F" (4 hours) and included a group task, a small group interview, a 1 on 1 interview, and finally if they are interested in offering you the position you will complete two more assessments - a reach test, and then you'll be fingerprinted which is sent to the FBI for a background check. They'll tell you that it may take up to 14 days to receive a response from AA.
    - You will be asked to complete a writing exercise. Q: You are taking a flight from DFW to Tokyo. If you could choose someone to sit next to you on the flight, who would it be and why?
    - Group Task: Draw circle with 3 lines inside. Name 3 things that everyone in the group has in common. Each person draw a line from the circle going out. On that line each person writes something about them that's unique to them. Other group must try and guess what person is that unique item belongs to.
    - S. Group Q1: What can you do that would be a unique asset that AA would would benefit from hiring you?
    - S. Group Q2: Name a time that you gave back to you community where you credited a company or organization?
    - S. Group Q3: Describe a time where you made a process better. Explain why it was better.
    - S Group Q4: Describe a time where you had to disappoint a customer. How did you handle it and outcome?
    - 1:1 Interview: Typical questions will be asked.
    8 - 6 days after the Assessment in DFW, telephone call from AA on successfully completing the Assessment process also to schedule the foreign language test.
    9 - Completed the LOD assessment. Test will be 100% in the language.
    - Asked to read the reading material sent to you.
    - Q1: What is your favorite animal and why?
    - Q2: Do you work for AA?
    - Q3: If you were in politics, what would you do to make the country better?
    - Q4: What role would you play as a FA?
    - Q5: If you were in an unknown city, what would you do to find a restaurant?
    10 - Received email with DOT forms attached to complete and fax back to their compliance department within 3 business days.
    11 - Received CJO. Sign into the new hire portal, read and accept the job.
    12 - Received email scheduling the medical exam and agility (aka POET).
    13 - Flew to DFW to complete the medical/agility test.
    - Fill out forms.
    - 2 urine tests (DOT & AA). You cannot do both urine test at the same time, so be prepared to drink loads of water after the first cup you fill.
    - Read letter lines (you must read at least 5 lines), then color blind test (when you will see colored numbers inside a colored circle), and a depth test (where you will see 4 circles inside a square where you must tell her which one of the 4 circles are coming towards you).
    - You will see lights on the left and right of your eyes where you must say "left/right" as you see the lights for peripheral vision.
    - Blood pressure taken (now I always have perfect blood pressure but mine was high that day, and she asked me if I flew in? I told her yes and she said that's why it's a tad bit high - so you might want to mention you flew in).
    - Take your height/weight.
    - Go over medical history with you.
    - They will stick this electronic probe in your ear to test ear drums
    - They will put you in a booth where you put on the headphones and click this button when you hear a beep.
    - Agility: You'll have to push, pull, push, pull, pick up crate while she ups the weight of the crate up to 60 lbs., move crate from one shelf to the top shelf and back down again, all while controlling your heart rate, then complete the color peg board.
    14 - Received call, followed by a few emails on successfully completing medical/agility and to assign training date.

Customer Service Manager- LAX Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Group interview for LAX. had 2 rooms, each with about 7 candidates and 3 interviewers. First round was the ATW session which consisted more of personality questions about how you'd handle a situation, describe an event in your work life, tell us about yourself and why do you want the job? Then, a 10 minute break followed by the BTW managers coming into to ask the more technical questions. Primarily more focused on accomplishments and why you're better than the guy who just answered. Overall the questions were about you and your past experiences.

Overall, it was pretty much question-answer, question-answer until the sheet was filled out and they concluded the interviews.

Don't bother hanging around post interview to mingle with the other candidates. It has no impact on their decisions and you're just gonna spend more time in traffic.

Interview Questions
    • What would you dress up for Halloween, and what is the most difficult part of your day.   View Answer

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at American Airlines in October 2014.

First interview went well, it consisted of a 30 min test (basic probability) and a 30 min behavioral interview. They just asked basic questions, about why I wanted to work for the company and just went over my resume. Second interview is in the headquarters in Fort Worth tomorrow.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

After applying online, it took me about 3 month to get a response. They called me, and asked me to complete a "Video Interview" within certain amount of time. I completed mine the same day, and received an email about 7-10 days stating I have passed the first part of the interview process.
    After that, they asked me to update an application, and I was invited to Fort Worth TX.

HBR Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

applied online received an email a week later for a phone interview,on the phone sadly to say its just someone reading you the interview questions...then i received another email for step2 which was to take the city code test. if u pass the test they send you to f2f, its a group interview so just tell them what u know,oh when they ask u the question on why u want to be HBR, dont tell them to be at home, that is not what they want to hear......