American Airlines

Updated 10 Dec 2014
Updated 10 Dec 2014

2.8

Network Planning Analyst Interview

I was told it would be a two hour telephone interview followed by further stages that may include up to 5 stages by HR. The HR person seemed very uninformed and did not follow up to inform me of outcome and when I contacted HR, they have no idea what is going on. Extremely unprofessional. Needs serious improvement in staff and recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about have you used t series test, have you use linear regression tests, etc. it was like a firing squad of questions by a robot. After 1 month after the 2hr telephone they didnt evene have deceny to notify me I didnt get the role, and when I contacted HR they have no idea what was going on. Shocking. Truly expected better standards.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in June 2009.

Round 1: (45 Mins)

There was a 1-on-1 competency and skills based interview. It was with the hiring manager. Most of the questions were from the CV and the interviewer wanted to get an indepth look at what I had done and to what level. It was interspersed with questions and interest linked to the Airline Industry.

Round 2: (Full day assessment center)

Total 6 interviews with all senior managers of the team. One interview was a written case study.

Interview Questions
    • How many softdrink cans does an Airline sell in a year?   Answer Question
    Tough negotiation but i manager to increase the joining bonus.

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

August 4, 2014 -
    Applied

August 6, 2014 -
    Received a email to do a video interview and you only have 5 days to do it and a phone regarding the email.

August 8, 2014 -
    Did the video interview looking at myself while answering the question.
    5 question, 3 minutes to answer each question, and a minute to think of each question before they start to record you.
       1st question: Please tell me what has it attractive you to the American Airlines flight attendant position and what do you know about the employee culture.
       2nd question: Please tell me where did you gain your customer experience.
       3rd question: Please tell me about a time that you received outstanding customer services and what made it memorable.
       4th question: Please tell me what customer services you possess that would make you you a perfect candidate for the American Airlines Flight Attendant position.
       5th question: Please tell me about a difficulty team experience and what made it challenging.
    (dress like your going to a live interview, and be careful about your background surrounding and noises)

August 11, 2014-
    Received a email to update the online application.

September 12, 2014-
    Received a email congratulating me on passing the first process and inviting me to call a 1-800 number to schedule a face to face interview.
    Called back the number the same day and schedule me to fly in late October.

September 18, 2014-
    Received a email regarding my Flight Itinerary.

So now im waiting to fly there.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Applied online through student career site. As others have stated, they schedule a 30 minute phone interview with a 30 minute case study afterwards. It's pretty simple if you've done your homework. The very next day they called me to schedule a face-to-face at headquarters in Fort Worth and scheduled it for 4 days later.

At the in person interview a host picks you up at the airport and we went to lunch with other candidates and hosts at a mexican place next to HQ. Then we had three 45 minute interviews and the recruiter brought us all together for 10 minutes to set expectations. I heard back after just 2 days and received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a new chair for the airplane? What things would you consider in your design?   Answer Question
    They have a set salary so there isn't negotiation. They do give a signing bonus and take care of your relocation.

.NET Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at American Airlines.

We had about ten candidates in a room, being taken out for individual interviews by different teams. It was stressful at first, but overall helped make the right decision about the company and people working for it. Interviews focused on behavioral and technical skills. After each round one or several people were let go. In the final round it was like a panel interview with over ten employees watching you create a solution for a given problem

Interview Questions
    • Some technical question about opinion on a new technology   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

I gave my resume to the recruiters on campus during the career fair event. Next, I received an invitation for an on-campus interview. I interviewed with two managers on campus. I did well on the campus interview. American Airlines flew me down for an onsite interview. I interviewed with four different managers.

Interview Questions
    • One looked at my college transcripts and asked
      1. What is a measure?
      2. What is a class?
      3. Why do you want to work here?
      4. Define a topology

Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

I applied online, took few weeks for email assessment to be sent. Did video interview, you do have the option to do phone video. Be sure you read small letter at bottom of screen. Still waiting on answer if yes or no.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Pretty straightforward questions. A case need to be done in 30 mins. I prepared for it by reading some papers about dynamic pricing. After one month, some lady called me to have another interview, but I missed it. I called back, but she told me it was a mistake. If I just got rejection, I would not feel that frustrated....

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online 10/08. Received email for assessment test 2 weeks later. Received email for invite to video interview 11/20. Still waiting for a response as he process will take a long time due to excessive applicants. This is my 3rd attempt to get hired. I am currently a flight attendant and this is my first time actually getting past the assessment test.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

Step 1 - Online Application & Assessment
    background check and personality

Step 2 - Recorded Video/Web Cam Q & A
    6 "STAR" formatted questions

Step 3 - Patiently Wait...
    2 weeks - 5 months

Step 4 - On-sight interview scheduled (4 hrs)
    Passport Check, Welcome Video, Ice Breaker, Q & A, Group Interview (4-5 ?s)

Step 5 - Position/Training Overview

Step 6 - Patiently Wait

Interview Questions
    • Please share a time when you provided excellent customer service/ or went above and beyond.

Why do you want to be a flight attendant?

Answer Question