American Airlines

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.8

Network Planning Analyst Interview

I was told it would be a two hour telephone interview followed by further stages that may include up to 5 stages by HR. The HR person seemed very uninformed and did not follow up to inform me of outcome and when I contacted HR, they have no idea what is going on. Extremely unprofessional. Needs serious improvement in staff and recruitment process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about have you used t series test, have you use linear regression tests, etc. it was like a firing squad of questions by a robot. After 1 month after the 2hr telephone they didnt evene have deceny to notify me I didnt get the role, and when I contacted HR they have no idea what was going on. Shocking. Truly expected better standards.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in November 2014.

2 hours 3 to 1,very friendly atmosphere,made me very comfortable,i had time to think to answer their questions,and they even prompted me when i was struck in the middle,so overall i was very happy with the interview process

Interview Questions
    • all basic questions about customer services   View Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in June 2009.

Round 1: (45 Mins)

There was a 1-on-1 competency and skills based interview. It was with the hiring manager. Most of the questions were from the CV and the interviewer wanted to get an indepth look at what I had done and to what level. It was interspersed with questions and interest linked to the Airline Industry.

Round 2: (Full day assessment center)

Total 6 interviews with all senior managers of the team. One interview was a written case study.

Interview Questions
    • How many softdrink cans does an Airline sell in a year?   Answer Question
    Tough negotiation but i manager to increase the joining bonus.

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Airlines.

A month after I applied I got email to schedule a one on one. Everyone was friendly and laid back. The next day I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a customer that was late missed his/her flight and now he/she is blaming you for this?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, set hourly pay. Very low pay, 4-5hr shifts if no delays, travel benefits

Administrator Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Applied January 10, 2015. Received a phone call 30 days later for an interview with the hiring manager and the assistant manager. Airline arranged for my transportation to and from the airport. The interview was conducted at the airport operation office In the conference room.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work for American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation in which you were unable to finish a task and how did you learn from your mistake?   Answer Question
    • What is the least thing that you liked about your current or last job?   Answer Question

Crew Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines in February 2015.

Group interview consisted of five or six groups of five candidates and two recruiters each. Held at American Airlines Conference Center.
    One hour-long interview [I am still in the process, no offer, no decline letter, still waiting].
    The recruiters were great and made an effort to put the candidates at ease. I noticed the recruiters watched how the candidates interacted after the interview in the hallway.

Interview Questions
    • Five people answered five questions in random order.   Answer Question
    • Tell us why you would be the best candidate.   View Answer
    • Tell us what intrigued you about working at American Airlines and what made you apply   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you dealt with someone who was angry or upset and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time when changes were out of your control and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer

Fleet Service Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

The interview was a group interview style. There were 11 other people interviewing. We went around the room in ordering answering 6 different questions. Be yourself and be honest. 3 elements that are super important are Customer Service, Safety, and Dependability so keep that in mind. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • What is your current job and what do you like and dislike about it?   Answer Question
    • Are you available to work extended hours/nights/weekends?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to perform the functions necessary of the fleet service clerk?   Answer Question

P/T Customer Reservation Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interesting way to be interviewed with 3 other candidates. Waited in the ticket counter area for 40 minutes due to the interviewer running late, then taken in a office area with 3 other candidates to be interviewed at the same time. Three managers took turns asking questions and we all took turns answering the questions. Easy and friendly environment. I enjoyed the whole process. No negatives that I can think of during the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Your basic why and your experience from previous jobs.   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Airlines.

I will have a face to face interview tomorrow on Jan.7.2015 so prepare for the question first. Looking for the adventure! It is a long process, I applied online on Oct.3.2014 and scheduled the face to face interview after 2 months. Just wait patiently!

Advantage Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Airlines.

Interviewed on Jan. 20, 2015 it was a panel interview. The questions were pretty average as group interviews go, there was also a short computer assessment. The group consisted of about 10 candidates, a tour of the call center took place. The interviewers stated that we would hear back from them soon. American Airlines seems to be a great company to work for, the benefits and salary seem about average for an entry level position.