American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2014
Updated 21 Oct 2014

2.9

Travel Agent Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

I was called in for an interview after speaking with a recruiter. I did the application online and was then contacted by the recruiter who sent me the link for the assessment test. After passing the test she set me up for an interview with two branch managers. When I first arrived I was placed in a waiting area surrounded by cubicle walls, the ceiling was extremely low and the office felt small. When I was called in by the managers I was asked a few questions about my work history. After a horrible interview filled with repetitive questions I was then told my resume didn't have enough sales experience. I replied by saying "I though my resume was reviewed before I was called in for an interview." One of the managers kept insisting I apply to an entry level position and work my way up. I kindly rejected the offer and made my way out the door. The whole process was a complete waist of time and really unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • She kept asking about the other jobs I applied to within the company. I didn't really understand the point of the question.   View Answer

Policy Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in October 2014.

Applied online and received and assessment and passed the assessment. Received a call for a telephone interview and passed that. Was then told to come to a motel for a role play interview. Wasnt in the role play interview for ten minutes before some lady came and told me i wasnt fit for the policy service specialist and for me to go online and apply for another job and the recruiter will pull my resume and call me to go to go into the office for an interview. Havent heard from them.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question. It was all role play. The interviewer was acting like he was a customer.   View Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I had an series of phone interviews and also an simulated call situation. I passed all three and I finally had the face to face interview. It was in an small conference room, which still had not been cleaned from the last time it was occupied. The interview started with an series of what the position is like and the environment. The questions finally began. It was all on a few pieces of paper, more like an questionaire. Very little eye contact from the interviewer, I was shocked. I have been on alot of big corporate interviews and this was disappointing. The questions were the same questions I was asked over the phone. Describe an escalated call . How did you handle it? Describe how you went above and beyond on your previous job? I passed the first interview and the next interview was the manager of the call center. Sge asked the exact same questions from the first interviewer. I gave the same response. She was very arrogant and asked me did I upsell in my previous jobs. I knew there she was not satisfied with my responses and I knew I did not get offered the job. Too bad, I keep seeing that the company is still looking for reps. They need to have an human resources associate start interviews. This company is not screening properly. Honestly I am glad I was not offered the position. Just from the mannerisms. This is one place where my customer service skills would be stippened. I pride myself on my skills. Good luck to future candidates.

Call Center Interview

They ask you questions that you have to give them actually story that you experience like tell me a situation where you had to make a deadline and how did u accomplished it

Interview Questions
    • What are your strenghts tell me a situation when u had a deadline you had to meet and how did u accomplish it   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Includes a personality test and basic skills test. Then an initial interview with HR. If selected, there will be a second interview that is like a career fair and involves roleplaying and interviewing. within 1 week, you get a call to see if you are hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • Role-playing with interviewer about situations involving insurance claims.
      What is an ethical choice you had to make?
      When did you go above your job description?
        View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in September 2014.

Applied online. Received a call from HR two days later. The HR rep explained salary and shift info, and then conducted a brief pre-interview with questions such as: Why I wanted to work there and how I handle stress and conflict. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to schedule an interview at the local office. I accepted their next available interview time which was the following afternoon. The interview was with a CSR supervisor who was welcoming and made me feel at ease. The interview lasted about 1.5 hrs. Answers were expected to be specific and include the outcome of the example given. The interviewer wrote down all of my responses. It seem to go well. After the interview, I was sent a link to an online assessment which took about an hour to complete. There were several timed sections in the assessment to include interpreting codes and navigating mock customer service calls. Two days later, I received a call from the supervisor who interviewed me with an offer for a job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time:
      when you made a mistake at work;
      when you had a conflict with a coworker.
        Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

i applied online and it took about 6-8 weeks for them to call for an interview. first they did a phone interview, then an in person interview after you get a chance to sit with someone and listen to them work, and then i got the offer i think 2 weeks later

Interview Questions
    • basically if you look up youtube videos on behavioral based questions then you should be good. just be ready to have specific examples of how you did something awesome and how you a a perfect fit for a highly repetative job with little to no autonomy, requiring to work on holidays and your days off if it is after a holiday and be open to working hours that dont let you have a social life whatsoever   View Answer
    i was told i was going to be paid more due to my experience at one of the competitors but they lied and gave me the same pay as everyone else who started out

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2014.

went to open house of last month on the 22nd took a assessment pass the test which was pretty simple after test was done was interviewed the same day. Did background check with company call Hire Right and and a drug test through Lab Corp all together the process to 4 days .

Interview Questions
    • the interview question was crazy! But I passed all question   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2014.

I had a phone interview went well then I had to come in for a face to face interview not to mention my interviewer was late and very rude. Didn't seem like she wanted to interview me at all and she also seemed like she didn't know what she was doing I felt very uncomfortable. after the 3 question was name a time you had to adjust to change I gave my answer of how I would have training very frequently and I had to adjust to new products and systems frequently and compared it to my previous job then she looked at the other said and said we need a moment came back and said we are done. I asked is there role play she said no I felt very disrespected for them being rude and not even giving me a chance I'm more than qualified for the position and would have made a great asset to the team( previous employment being inbound service and sales for a telelcommunication company) so I know for sure how to do the position but this expierence made me really wonder how they got in the door if there's always angry and unethical I feel like I deserve a new interviewer and they deserve to reevaluated .....worse interview I have ever expierenced AAA you need to find more friendly ppl for interviewing

Interview Questions
    • They asked name a time you had to sacrifice quality for speed lol?

Name sonething you regret doing in a work place lol?

Name a time you had to adapt to change.( funny they ask you to use your previous work expierence but as soon I mentioned my previous employer and told them how similar they are they got upset and cut me off )
        Answer Question

Insurance Customer Service (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2014.

Applied online, phone interview then face to face. The face to face lasted about 2 hours and consist of 3 stages. 1st stage was a 15 review of the company, and 2nd was a role play of answering calls. If you passed that then came the interview with the hiring manager . It was average and everyone was extremely nice .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer. Whet was the situation and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question
    No negotiating . Was offered $15.05