American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

2.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Welwyn Garden City, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welwyn Garden City, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2010.

Was called by dm to setup an interview. Even if you have amazing experience they base their hiring on a career colour code system so if you do very well in the imterview if you dont fall into the colour thier looking for you dont get a call.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult if you know your business you shoild be okay.   Answer Question
    They start at the lowest possible so make sure you know why they should pay you what your looking for.

Assistant Designer Interview

I met HR Rep. Loved me. I met with design team. Liked me. Was charged with designing a full collection. I did. I came back and presented. Never heard from them again. I assume I didn't get the job. HR Rep stopped returning my emails.

Interview Questions
    • Design a collection based on current trends and inspiration from current collection. What would I do different?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in September 2014.

group interview, just asked basic questions, there was only one other person in my group so it was kind of intimidating, but the questions were easy, just smile and say positive things

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

The interview I experienced with American Eagle was a group interview in which there was a total of four of us. The manager interviewed me within an hour of asking for an application so it was very casual. She asked us questions and did not care who went first or anything like that and at the end o the interview she provided us with details about American Eagle employment like the different opportunities (denim expert or aerie girl), dress code (which is very lax) and hours and benefits.

Assistant Buyer Interview

There were a lot of interviews in a short period of time. The final interview event was in Pittsburgh at the home offices. The final interviews lasted 2 days and were a mixture of presentations, in depth interviews, and social experiences to gauge one's personality.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Super relaxed- I went in and it wasn't an interview with your typical questions. Me and the manager just sat down and had a conversation about life and travel and such! It was really nerve calming and really fun!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corpus Christi, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I walked in to turn in an application and I got interviewed on the spot. They had me take a "survey" at the cash register and it asked me to check the box's next to the words that described me and then the next page was to check the box next to the words that described how I thought you should act at work. After that the manager proceeded to ask me a couple simple questions. I got a call two days later from another one of the managers offering me the job. I accepted. That following Sunday they had me come in to the store at 8:00 am with three other new hires for our "orientation" we all sat at a table and watched training videos and read over the employee work book. They provided doughnuts and candy for us to eat while we got to know each other. Once the store opened we got trained by some senior associates on how to do simple tasks. They had my schedule ready and I started a part time position about a week after the orientation.

Interview Questions
    • When are you available to start working?   View Answer
    • Do you have a reliable means of transportation?   View Answer
    • What is your current availability?   View Answer
    • Check the box next to the words the describe you.   View Answer
    • Check the box next to the words that describe how you think you should act at work.   View Answer
    She said there was a possibility to negotiate my pay but I was too stupid to ask for more money!

Part-Time Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I showed up ten minutes early to the interview. I looked around the store while I waited. The hiring manager found me and showed me where she would be interviewing me. She interviewed me in the right side of the store in the front and moved over a display to put my application down. Honestly, I thought it was unprofessional. She first asked me why I wanted to work at American Eagle. Then, she asked me about my past jobs. Then, she asked me to describe a bad and good experience that I had in retail. Then, she told me more about the job in which she explained that this would be seasonal until September and then they would decide if they wanted to extend me to till the holidays. And then after Christmas, is when they make decisions about permanent employment. She explained to me that there were no set hours. She explained that someone was angry who was hired because they had no hours for weeks. I thought that was sort of ridiculous. I know retail is unpredictable, but you need to have set hours to be able to pay bills. Then, I asked when I would know if I got the job and she told me Friday. Friday has passed so I am not sure if I got the job or not because she had mentioned she would be interviewing someone on Friday. All around the interview was not very hard.

Interview Questions
    • The worst retail experience you have had and what happen   Answer Question

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I walked in and asked if they were hiring and the person at the door called the manager and I dropped off my resume and he asked me about my previous work experience and availability right off the bat. He then said they would call me to schedule an interview. They called 2 weeks letter to schedule the interview a week after that. When I went in they gave me the application and I filled it out with the person interviewing me. He liked me a lot and said I would move on to the sconce terrier with the HR manager and she interviewed me. They both basically asked the same thing things: tell me about yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses, who inspires you, how do you deal with rowdy people

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Augustine, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Augustine, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

I applied for American Eagle in June 2014 and about 2 weeks later i get an email inviting me to a hiring event in July 2014...Its for a new store opening up near me... I went on that and thought i did great... it was easy questions....
    1. Tell me about yourselves
    2. why should we hire you
    3. Availability
    4. Why do you would be perfect for this job
    5. What position interests you

Interview Questions
    • But now i'm confused... I didn't get a call yet but another email inviting me to another hiring event and it looks just like the first one... Is this a mix-up or should i attend the second hiring event   Answer Question

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!