American Eagle Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015
Updated 15 Apr 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (London, England) in October 2014.

Interview

Talked to AE at a recruitment fair in London, and was booked in for a 'first' interview for the week after. Was under the impression it would be a one to one interview. It was not. Interviews were held in an old college building (stores in UK not open yet). Apparently all positions in the store other than management count as 'sales associate' even if that's not what you'd be working as.
    Probably the worst interview process I have ever been through. There was essentially no point to it at all. The group of people being interviewed were taken into a room with two of the already appointed store managers. There was about 10 of us in the group being interviewed. Managers asked questions to the group and if you wanted to answer you could. The managers had only been recruited 1-3 weeks earlier.
    Questions were:
    Have you worked in retail before?
    What are your goals for the future?
    What are your hobbies?
    Have you ever given or received great customer service?
    How would your best friend sum you up in one word?
    Have you ever been part of a team where you were proud of your contribution?
    Where do you get your style inspiration?

Aaaand that was it. No follow up one to one interview. Nothing else. I don't know how that could ever be seriously counted as an interview process, and it's particularly surprising as the stores are brand new opens - I would have imagined a tough interview process to make sure they had a good opening team.
    Totally pointless process. I'm pretty mad I actually spent money on transport getting there. Would not have accepted a position even if offered, was so badly organised!

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. The process was unexpected in that it was barely even an interview.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Welwyn Garden City, England) in June 2010.

Interview

Was called by dm to setup an interview. Even if you have amazing experience they base their hiring on a career colour code system so if you do very well in the imterview if you dont fall into the colour thier looking for you dont get a call.

Interview Questions

• No difficult if you know your business you shoild be okay.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They start at the lowest possible so make sure you know why they should pay you what your looking for.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied in person and was given an interview the next day. I meet with the hiring manager and she asked me typical interview questions and they try to get a feel for what kind of a person you are. Also they have you take a personality test to see where you would fit in at. At the end I had to sell her an outfit.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is stealing what do you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Sevierville, TN (US)).

Interview

I came in and filled out an application, then a manager came and spoke to me and asked about my past work experience, then about some of my qualities, then offered me the position.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

It was a group interview. Asked is to do a mock sales with customer. Asked about our lives - hobbies, etc. the one thing I found to be weird was that their were other applicants for the job at the interview. Basically they wanted to see how you interacted with people. Don't interrupt anyone, be polite, and dress at least in khakis, nice top or a casual appropriate dress. The other kids wore jeans with holes in them and t shirts to a job interview. None of them were hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Johnstown, PA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was under five minutes, they talked to me in front of the store with very simple questions. Be friendly, they are only trying to understand you and your skills better.

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was pre-recorded and very uncomfortable. There were only 7 questions, and it lasted about 10-15 minutes. The questions were extremely basic and made it almost impossible to truly get my personality across. I also had to take a pretty basic retail math exam prior to the interview.

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was a group interview. The hiring manager focused on one person more than the other.Strict rules on how to dress. The wait for the interview took longer then it should be. The hiring manager was very nice though. You must shop there and be a loyal customer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview

I applied to American Eagle as a part-time sales associate in October and about 2 weeks later I got a call for an interview. I sat down in the corner of the store with a manager and after a few questions he told me I was hired. However, he told me I would be a seasonal employee because I did not have any previous experience in retail, but if they liked me, they would offer me a part-time position. I was thrilled to even be offered a seasonal position. He told me that my first day would be Black Friday, which I did not have a problem with. After my first shift, I asked how I would find out my hours every week. They told me to call every week and they would tell me when I was scheduled. For about 2 weeks I called and I was not put on the schedule. The 3rd week I called, they had told me that they never meant to hire me as a seasonal employee. They just wanted me to work on Black Friday.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at American Eagle Outfitters (Sacramento, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied in stores and the process took about two weeks. It was a one on one interview in the mall. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. I was asked very basic retail questions and then in return I got to ask questions. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and I was told I got the job right after.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to present yourself in front of a large group or audience.
      What extracurricular activities do you do outside of work and school?

Answer Question