American Eagle Outfitters

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Welwyn Garden City, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2010.

Interview Details Was called by dm to setup an interview. Even if you have amazing experience they base their hiring on a career colour code system so if you do very well in the imterview if you dont fall into the colour thier looking for you dont get a call.

Interview Question – No difficult if you know your business you shoild be okay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They start at the lowest possible so make sure you know why they should pay you what your looking for.

Kenner, LA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in July 2014.

Interview Details I had asked for an application and turned it in with my resume (no retail experience) on the same day. It took around a month and a half for them to call me (I applied in May for a summer job and got a call back in July). I guess they weren't hiring at the time I turned my application in. Had my first interview and then within two days later I received a call for a second interview. They made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. Two days after my second interview, I was offered a job. During my first interview, I had to take some sort of personality test online before she would interview me.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty basic. But I felt like during my second interview, some had more so right and wrong answers. When asked how would I handle a situation of multiple customers at once, I felt like the hiring manager was expecting me to say that I would ask for help from other employees and when I did say that, he shook his head and put a check mark next to the question on his page. Some questions I answered and he put stars next to them. I was worried that I may have answered some of them wrong due to him marking next to every question I answered.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I was offered another job the day before that I was much more interested in.

Tallahassee, FL (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in May 2010.

Interview Details Asked for application from manage, completed and returned to store. Contacted for a group interview. Interview with 6 other people, specific questions dealing with retail/customer service experiences. Was offered the position a week or two after the interview (one other person from my interview offered position as well)

Interview Question – Can't remember. Try to use experiences to answer questions. Make your answer unique.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate.

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2010.

Interview Details Short interview with hiring manager - very nice and easygoing, especially since I was nervous. Asked to describe myself and sales experience. Talked about difficult situations and how I handled them. Pretty standard retail interview.

Interview Question – Asked to role play and "sell" your outfit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in July 2014.

Interview Details So I know a friend who works at American Eagle. He was able to get the general manager to do a thing called " Screening" this past monday while she looked over my resume, she was very friendly. That same day I got a call about coming in for an interview tuesday at 2:00 I show up 1:45, It was a group interview so I saw the other interviewees. Interview process went well the interviewer told us in about a week you will hear if you got the job or not, I didn't get a call so I made the effort to call I basically said I got interviewed by such & such my name is such & such I'm wondering if the position is still open? The man I spoke to told me he'll call me right back and he did, he notified me that I'm moving on in the next process, orientation :).

Interview Question – Why shop at AE?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – " We're offering a sales associate position 8 hours an hour will you accept ? "

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details I walked in and asked if they were hiring and the person at the door called the manager and I dropped off my resume and he asked me about my previous work experience and availability right off the bat. He then said they would call me to schedule an interview. They called 2 weeks letter to schedule the interview a week after that. When I went in they gave me the application and I filled it out with the person interviewing me. He liked me a lot and said I would move on to the sconce terrier with the HR manager and she interviewed me. They both basically asked the same thing things: tell me about yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses, who inspires you, how do you deal with rowdy people

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Columbia, MD (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in July 2014.

Interview Details I went into the store in late June and asked a sales associate for a job application. I filled it out right away in the food court so I could return it right away. They asked for three professional references, which kind of worried me since, as this would be my first job, I could only put down my one volunteer supervisor. When I dropped off my application to the hiring manager, she looked over my application quickly and caught me a little off guard by asking me a few questions like why AE, what do you want to do here? Overall, she was very friendly and told me that they weren't hiring just then but she would call back in July when they were closer to peak season. I was a little concerned that this was a just a lie and they didn't actually want to call me back for an interview, but sure enough, about two weeks later, I got a call.

I went in a few days later for the interview and made sure to dress in American Eagle clothes and try to match their style. I showed up ten minutes early and was the first one there, so I helped the hiring manager set up the interview area in the food court. It was a group interview with 7 candidates total, one of which who had just dropped by and hadn't even filled out and application. We went around and everyone answered each question, and I was first both times. I was surprised that she only asked two questions to the group because everyone has quite similar responses. She then talked really enthusiastically for fifteen minutes or so about the company, type of work we would be doing, hours,etc. I think that what made me stand out there was that I stayed engaged and made eye contact while everyone else slowly stopped paying attention and gazed off. She then asked if we had any questions and I asked what her favorite part of her job was and a quick follow up question on floor sets.

I got a call the next day that said I got the job! My orientation is in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   View Answer
  • Why did you choose to apply to American Eagle and what position would you like to work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered $8/hr and didn't push it and don't think I could have.

Stockroom Supervisor Interview

Stockroom Supervisor

I applied in-person and interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details Interview process was easy and laid back. Didn't feel any pressure at all. Asked me several questions about my management and retail experience, especially my experience in clothes. Asked if I would be able to handle coming in some mornings and having limited time to run through and make sure my area was up to store opening standards.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult questions was the typical "what is your biggest weakness?:. isn't it always awkward getting asked this when youre trying to sell yourself   Answer Question

Saint Augustine, FL (US)

I applied online and interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details I applied for American Eagle in June 2014 and about 2 weeks later i get an email inviting me to a hiring event in July 2014...Its for a new store opening up near me... I went on that and thought i did great... it was easy questions....
1. Tell me about yourselves
2. why should we hire you
3. Availability
4. Why do you would be perfect for this job
5. What position interests you

Interview Question – But now i'm confused... I didn't get a call yet but another email inviting me to another hiring event and it looks just like the first one... Is this a mix-up or should i attend the second hiring event   Answer Question

Deer Park, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in March 2013.

Interview Details Ask for a job application from a manager. Fill it all out there because then you have some time to speek to the manager. (Remember you social security when filling out the app). Then, during the interview dress appopriately. They ask about yourself so feel free to talk much about yourself.

Interview Question – Picking out an outfit for the opposite gender.   Answer Question

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!