American Eagle Outfitters

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Welwyn Garden City, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in June 2010.

Interview Details Was called by dm to setup an interview. Even if you have amazing experience they base their hiring on a career colour code system so if you do very well in the imterview if you dont fall into the colour thier looking for you dont get a call.

Interview Question – No difficult if you know your business you shoild be okay.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They start at the lowest possible so make sure you know why they should pay you what your looking for.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details Super relaxed- I went in and it wasn't an interview with your typical questions. Me and the manager just sat down and had a conversation about life and travel and such! It was really nerve calming and really fun!

Interview Question – Tell me a bit about yourself   Answer Question

Corpus Christi, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details I walked in to turn in an application and I got interviewed on the spot. They had me take a "survey" at the cash register and it asked me to check the box's next to the words that described me and then the next page was to check the box next to the words that described how I thought you should act at work. After that the manager proceeded to ask me a couple simple questions. I got a call two days later from another one of the managers offering me the job. I accepted. That following Sunday they had me come in to the store at 8:00 am with three other new hires for our "orientation" we all sat at a table and watched training videos and read over the employee work book. They provided doughnuts and candy for us to eat while we got to know each other. Once the store opened we got trained by some senior associates on how to do simple tasks. They had my schedule ready and I started a part time position about a week after the orientation.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to start working?   View Answer
  • Do you have a reliable means of transportation?   View Answer
  • What is your current availability?   View Answer
  • Check the box next to the words the describe you.   View Answer
  • Check the box next to the words that describe how you think you should act at work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – She said there was a possibility to negotiate my pay but I was too stupid to ask for more money!

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Part-Time Sales Associate

I interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in February 2014.

Interview Details I only had one interview with the store manager.. The questions were about your experience, education and the most important if you have customer service skills. I had to answer questions like what do you deal with customers? What do you think about customer services? and what is your availability for work?

Interview Question – Most of the question were based in your resume.   Answer Question

Floorset Interview

Floorset
Collierville, TN (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in July 2014.

Interview Details It was literally the easiest interview I've ever gone to. I found out about the job because the manager came into the store I currently worked at and asked if anyone wanted to come work overnights. I figured it would be at least an extra $100 a month so I said sure.. Filled out an application and turned it in. They called about a week later and set up an interview. The interview was with me and two other people. We went outside and sat on a bench, she asked each of us one question and then told us we were hired. I think they were just desperate to get people in there.

Negotiation Details – They basically said "you're doing floorset and it's only 3 nights a month, so we're giving you $7.50". I didn't argue at all.

Part-Time Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Part-Time Sales Associate (Seasonal)

I applied in-person and interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters.

Interview Details I showed up ten minutes early to the interview. I looked around the store while I waited. The hiring manager found me and showed me where she would be interviewing me. She interviewed me in the right side of the store in the front and moved over a display to put my application down. Honestly, I thought it was unprofessional. She first asked me why I wanted to work at American Eagle. Then, she asked me about my past jobs. Then, she asked me to describe a bad and good experience that I had in retail. Then, she told me more about the job in which she explained that this would be seasonal until September and then they would decide if they wanted to extend me to till the holidays. And then after Christmas, is when they make decisions about permanent employment. She explained to me that there were no set hours. She explained that someone was angry who was hired because they had no hours for weeks. I thought that was sort of ridiculous. I know retail is unpredictable, but you need to have set hours to be able to pay bills. Then, I asked when I would know if I got the job and she told me Friday. Friday has passed so I am not sure if I got the job or not because she had mentioned she would be interviewing someone on Friday. All around the interview was not very hard.

Interview Question – The worst retail experience you have had and what happen   Answer Question

Station Agent Interview

Station Agent
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in July 2014.

Interview Details I received a call early in the week from the manager discussing the position, pay, and benefits briefly. I had a face to face the next day. We went through the job description and some paperwork. He kept me inform on the days I should expect a call back to say if I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you should be hired?   View Answer
  • What would you do with an angry customer. How would you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Kenner, LA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in July 2014.

Interview Details I had asked for an application and turned it in with my resume (no retail experience) on the same day. It took around a month and a half for them to call me (I applied in May for a summer job and got a call back in July). I guess they weren't hiring at the time I turned my application in. Had my first interview and then within two days later I received a call for a second interview. They made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. Two days after my second interview, I was offered a job. During my first interview, I had to take some sort of personality test online before she would interview me.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty basic. But I felt like during my second interview, some had more so right and wrong answers. When asked how would I handle a situation of multiple customers at once, I felt like the hiring manager was expecting me to say that I would ask for help from other employees and when I did say that, he shook his head and put a check mark next to the question on his page. Some questions I answered and he put stars next to them. I was worried that I may have answered some of them wrong due to him marking next to every question I answered.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I was offered another job the day before that I was much more interested in.

Tallahassee, FL (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in May 2010.

Interview Details Asked for application from manage, completed and returned to store. Contacted for a group interview. Interview with 6 other people, specific questions dealing with retail/customer service experiences. Was offered the position a week or two after the interview (one other person from my interview offered position as well)

Interview Question – Can't remember. Try to use experiences to answer questions. Make your answer unique.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at American Eagle Outfitters in July 2014.

Interview Details So I know a friend who works at American Eagle. He was able to get the general manager to do a thing called " Screening" this past monday while she looked over my resume, she was very friendly. That same day I got a call about coming in for an interview tuesday at 2:00 I show up 1:45, It was a group interview so I saw the other interviewees. Interview process went well the interviewer told us in about a week you will hear if you got the job or not, I didn't get a call so I made the effort to call I basically said I got interviewed by such & such my name is such & such I'm wondering if the position is still open? The man I spoke to told me he'll call me right back and he did, he notified me that I'm moving on in the next process, orientation :).

Interview Question – Why shop at AE?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – " We're offering a sales associate position 8 hours an hour will you accept ? "

Worked for American Eagle Outfitters? Contribute to the Community!