American Express

455 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director, Relationship Management Interview

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at American Express in May 2010.

Interview Details Three rounds of face to face interviews with human resources and hiring leader, case study presentation

Interview Question – Dealing with an existing personnel issues   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Interviewed at American Express

Interview Details Online application form, CV and Cover letter.
Completed online maths and verbal tests - not my strengths at all but very easy.
Didn't hear back for a while but received a call to schedule a telephone interview. Was supposed to be competency based but asked some random questions lasted around 15-20 mins.
Invited to attend assssment centre including competency and behavioural interviews, one hour to read a case study and prepare for a ten minute presentation and 15-20 mins of questions and an in-tray exercise to be discussed as a group.
VERY friendly and well organised, was impressed.

Interview Question – how would i encourage supermarkets to use amex cards   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Brighton, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at American Express in December 2013.

Interview Details Application - three tests (verbal, numerical, SHL personality). Verbal test is a bit different from standard SHL or Kenexa questions. Telephone interview lasted about half an hour. Questions were related to my motivation: why Amex, why this position. No technical questions. Assessment Centre was a great and easy experience overall.

Interview Question – Why did you choose to study your degree? Describe Amex brand?   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

London, England

I applied online - interviewed at American Express in January 2014.

Interview Details Telephone Interview followed by an assessment Center - 2 Interviews and Presentation Exercise, followed by a group exercise.

Interview Question – Group Exercise - List emails in priority of importance and time.   Answer Question

Analyst, Strategic Planning Group Interview

London, England

I applied in-person - interviewed at American Express in November 2013.

Interview Details Description for London. A very similar process to all other consulting jobs - submit your CV, take an online assessment. If you are successful, you have 2 interviews in the first round, 2 in the second round, and one as the final round. All have two parts - CV part and a case part. Very similar to the consulting top companies - McKinsey and such.

Interview Question – No very ugly questions. Be prepared to answer what other companies you are applying for and why you prefer American Express. I was asked in the second round by both interviewers these questions and they went after me. Know how to solve case studies, the ones given to me were not extremely difficult, but practice, practice, practice makes perfect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - their offer was generous for a starting salary, the graduate programme looked promising.

Marketing Intern Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at American Express in January 2014.

Interview Details Initial application
Numerical, VErbal and personality SHL test
Application screening
Telephone interview
Assessment day
Offer

The assessment day is made up of 2 interview, a case study, group exercise and a presentation

Interview Question – How do you keep up with current affairs
Your degree has nothing to do with Marketing - why do you want to do this
How do you time manage
  Answer Question

Placement Interview

London, England

I applied through college or university - interviewed at American Express in December 2013.

Interview Details application, online tests, telephone interview, assessment centre

Interview Question – How have you implemented a change?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Brighton, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at American Express in September 2013.

Interview Details Slow, can't communicate directly with AMEX. Discriminatory comments were made during the interview in regards to my heritage. Incompetent and unprofessional.

Reason for Declining – Due to the negative comments made towards me, I decided that this is no company I want to work for.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Brighton, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at American Express in May 2009.

Interview Details 1 competency based interview. Straight forward and friendly

Interview Question – none - all were typical 'tell me about a time when ...'   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward. Standard package and base salary was good

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at American Express

Interview Details The usual competency based (around 4) and bio questions.

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Express

Worked for American Express? Contribute to the Community!

American Express Videos

American Express – Why Work for Us?

What will you do #foraliving? Welcome to American Express. Here we encourage everyone who works with us to do what they love with pride, share their innovations, and realize their full potential by helping other people… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Express interview questions and advice. All 455 interview reviews are posted anonymously by American Express employees and interview candidates.